Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I wonder if she wanted to let the Olympics end before a Vegas announcement — and keep the spotlight on the athletes.

 

That's what I'm thinking.

Once the games are over they might do a retrospective about her time in Paris (and hopefully the performance will finally be posted).

Then Vegas dates the day after.

But just typing that out makes me feel I'm probably being too hopeful 😅

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

That's what I'm thinking.

Once the games are over they might do a retrospective about her time in Paris (and hopefully the performance will finally be posted).

Then Vegas dates the day after.

But just typing that out makes me feel I'm probably being too hopeful 😅

 

I personally don’t see why they would wait until the Olympics are over. She was all people talked about in the first few days of the games themselves cause of the performance. If she was worrying about overshadowing it, she prob wouldn’t have turned up to the opening when she knew how much attention her comeback performance would get. The Olympics are rightfully getting all the attention, I don’t think a Vegas announcement will detract from it. Just my thoughts anyway.

 

Although I do think it’s coming, I’m surprised none of the Vegas insiders have the scoop yet. Surely if we’re days (or weeks) from an announcement then one of them would have wind of it. Some have said end of 24 / start of 25 but if dates were set, it would be something more concrete from them, no?

EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

I still wonder about how soon based on interviews with Scott and he seemed to know nothing. Even if no rehearsal yet need to know when other members of your band are available they have commitments they might not be able to just get out of before can set dates. If she is asking Scott back which assumed she would since he was there in Paris.

 

Maybe Paris was also done to prove to RW and execs she can handle being on stage. So now the real negotiations of dates and things are happening.

  • Like 1

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted
Tbh I hope Scott stays with her. His arrangement of songs was better than Mego and she lipped less ever since he's been in the picture.
  • Like 2
Posted

I still wonder about how soon based on interviews with Scott and he seemed to know nothing.

 

He also went back to Montreal right away because he was needed for other projects he was working on (I forget what exactly, but he spoke of them in one of the interviews).

Posted
Yah I wasn’t sure about Scotts interview. I do think he’s professional enough to not let anything slip and probably knows better than to give anything away but at the same time if we take him at his word, it’s not on his radar yet.
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

He also went back to Montreal right away because he was needed for other projects he was working on (I forget what exactly, but he spoke of them in one of the interviews).

 

Yup why makes me wonder if dates have even been set yet or not or still just early planning stage.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted
Her socials have come alive again today… good sign :)
Posted (edited)
I dunno maybe Celine is feeling insecure returning to the stage with all the analyses *cough this forum* *cough Wings Of Pegasus* *cough TheHonestVocalCoach* and controversies regarding her lip-synched Olympics performance? I'm pretty sure she got wind of it. I have no idea about the amount of pre-recorded vocals she's planning to use in the new show, but if the amount is bigger than ever, I can already sense what will happen here and on social medias. Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 1
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

 

Her current tour is beyond embarrassing… she’s known more for her amazing dancing and putting on a show, more so than her voice… she dances about 15% of the show and talks and giggles her way most of the show.

 

She needs to step up if she’s doing a vegas residency for someone of her calibre… I hope she does as I am a fan but she’s gotten lazy!!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Her current tour is beyond embarrassing… she’s known more for her amazing dancing and putting on a show, more so than her voice… she dances about 15% of the show and talks and giggles her way most of the show.

 

She needs to step up if she’s doing a vegas residency for someone of her calibre… I hope she does as I am a fan but she’s gotten lazy!!

 

Not like there isn’t room for more performers… if and when Celine returns it’ll likely be at less shows. And poor RW is having a hard time booking their theatre. I could see them both performing at the same time.

  • Like 1
Posted

I dunno maybe Celine is feeling insecure returning to the stage with all the analyses *cough this forum* *cough Wings Of Pegasus* *cough TheHonestVocalCoach* and controversies regarding her lip-synched Olympics performance? I'm pretty sure she got wind of it. I have no idea about the amount of pre-recorded vocals she's planning to use in the new show, but if the amount is bigger than ever, I can already sense what will happen here and on social medias.

 

Thanks to this comment, I think I’m finally beginning to understand the psychology behind fans who insist on a new Vegas show, and yet slander other fans as “apple hungry”, simply for pointing out the incongruent comments about not wanting to “lie” to fans anymore while her conductor & the Olympics coordinator blatantly lie to the public…

 

Deep down, this issue must unsettle many fans. Yet, anyone who verbalizes this is branded a heretic. There is no proof or logical reason to believe Céline feels “insecure” or anything but jubilant after the Olympics. Maybe you’re projecting your own insecurities about whether our apple tree has fully recovered or if she actually *needs* to rely on playback? Just a hypothesis.

 

 

  • Like 5
Posted

 

 

 

You seriously think her team knows anything about capitalizing off of timing? They couldn't even get their crap together in time to ensure her Olympics performance was uploaded SOMEWHERE shortly after her performance. All of this stuff should have been worked out beforehand. At least they had time to randomly acknowledge an obscure anniversary of "The Collection" with a grainy photo, though, right?

 

You would think people are getting paid to figure these things out beforehand and have everything ready to go when it's time.

But it feels like it's only us when it's coming to brilliant ideas.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

Posted
Be careful what you post on here, they could be lurking and stealing our ideas and getting paid bonus’s for their amazing ideas and taking all the credit…. B*tches Lol :P
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

 

 

Thanks to this comment, I think I’m finally beginning to understand the psychology behind fans who insist on a new Vegas show, and yet slander other fans as “apple hungry”, simply for pointing out the incongruent comments about not wanting to “lie” to fans anymore while her conductor & the Olympics coordinator blatantly lie to the public…

 

Deep down, this issue must unsettle many fans. Yet, anyone who verbalizes this is branded a heretic. There is no proof or logical reason to believe Céline feels “insecure” or anything but jubilant after the Olympics. Maybe you’re projecting your own insecurities about whether our apple tree has fully recovered or if she actually *needs* to rely on playback? Just a hypothesis.

Actually it has nothing with my own insecurities, it simply has to do with the fact that Celine's voice is clearly under a magnifient glass ever since her recent interviews and the documentary came out. The fact that "Voice Specialists" from YouTube and some journalists felt the need to point out the blatant truth about her pre-recorded vocals at the Olympics while Celine's conductor and the Olympics coordinator shamelessly lied to the public to hide the truth is a statement of that "magnificient glass" effect. Maybe Celine's herself is not feeling insecure, that was just my hypothesis, but it seems to me that her team clearly is hence why they felt the need to lie to the public.

Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 1
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)

 

Actually it has nothing with my own insecurities, it simply has to do with the fact that Celine's voice is clearly under a magnifient glass ever since her recent interviews and the documentary came out. The fact that "Voices Specialists" from YouTube and journalists felt the need to point out the blatant truth about her pre-recorded vocals at the Olympics while Celine's conductor and the Olympics coordinator shamelessly lied to the public to hide the truth is a statement of that "magnificient glass" effect. Maybe Celine's herself is not feeling insecure, that was just my hypothesis, but it seems to me that her team clearly is hence why they felt the need to lie to the public.

 

It’s a gray area, even if it wasn’t live in that actual moment , which these things are always prerecorded, it’s still her 2024 voice. I don’t see the problem… and obviously it’s getting on my nerves how much people focus on this.

 

It should bother people more than she’s been using the same IACBTMN for decades.

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

It’s a gray area, even if it wasn’t live in that actual moment , which these things are always prerecorded, it’s still her 2024 voice. I don’t see the problem… and obviously it’s getting on my nerves how much people focus on this.

 

It should bother people more than she’s been using the same IACBTMN for decades.

 

I haven’t heard anyone say they’re *bothered* by her 2024 voice or that she used a track. It’s more of an issue (for myself anyway) the way it was pitch corrected. Maybe I’m being ultra sensitive, but it’s really grating on my ears to hear a note that wants to go beyond “pitch perfect” and it gets whipped into submission by the producer!

 

Personally I love her raw vocals more than anything - and if she does come back to stage in any capacity, I’d prefer that.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I haven’t heard anyone say they’re *bothered* by her 2024 voice or that she used a track. It’s more of an issue (for myself anyway) the way it was pitch corrected. Maybe I’m being ultra sensitive, but it’s really grating on my ears to hear a note that wants to go beyond “pitch perfect” and it gets whipped into submission by the producer!

 

Personally I love her raw vocals more than anything - and if she does come back to stage in any capacity, I’d prefer that.

 

I hate to keep going back to this but in all honesty I think the fact it’s been pitch corrected just solidifies the fact that this is indeed the 2015 AMA’s performance which needed that work by the engineers in the studio to correct the original cracks and flat notes. I’ve listened to both performances time and again and they are exactly the same other than the fluffed line from 2015 now being corrected - one word has been changed as I hear it (not sure why they’d bother going to the effort of sorting that, other than the fact it was going to be heard by French speakers who know the lyrics) but everything else is exactly the same other than studio polishing and additional effects, like stretching out notes and changing note fades etc. Why else has the 2015 performance also now after all these years suddenly started getting pulled from YouTube 🤔

 

I honestly don’t think we’ll hear her current vocal condition until she takes to the stage again, in Vegas I’d assume.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I honestly don’t think we’ll hear her current vocal condition until she takes to the stage again, in Vegas I’d assume.

 

From what we’ve heard in interviews and backstage at the Grammy’s, she’s in pretty good shape. Enough for her to sing the songs she wants to — but maybe not the ones she feels obligated to.

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

I hate to keep going back to this but in all honesty I think the fact it’s been pitch corrected just solidifies the fact that this is indeed the 2015 AMA’s performance which needed that work by the engineers in the studio to correct the original cracks and flat notes. I’ve listened to both performances time and again and they are exactly the same other than the fluffed line from 2015 now being corrected - one word has been changed as I hear it (not sure why they’d bother going to the effort of sorting that, other than the fact it was going to be heard by French speakers who know the lyrics) but everything else is exactly the same other than studio polishing and additional effects, like stretching out notes and changing note fades etc. Why else has the 2015 performance also now after all these years suddenly started getting pulled from YouTube 🤔

 

I honestly don’t think we’ll hear her current vocal condition until she takes to the stage again, in Vegas I’d assume.

 

As French, I Can tell you that it's totally différent, the way she pronounces the words, the "r", "m" the way she used her voice, they are totally different....PLEASE STOP FAKE NEWS !!!!

 

If you are not nativ french speaking you can't hear differences ! But you have to be French for that.

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

 

 

As French, I Can tell you that it's totally différent, the way she pronounces the words, the "r", "m" the way she used her voice, they are totally different....PLEASE STOP FAKE NEWS !!!!

 

If you are not nativ french speaking you can't hear differences ! But you have to be French for that.

 

I’m not posting fake news, just my opinion. There’s no way she could sing this song exactly the same way 9 years later, even without her having to have her voice rehabilitated due to her health problems. It’s nigh on impossible to replicate the exact same tone and notes etc which both these performances clearly have throughout. I liked her 2015 performance, the rawness in her voice only added to that particular performance and so was also fitting too for her big comeback with the emotional aspect of that too, even with polishing in the studio so I can see why they would choose to reuse these vocals. I have no issue with it but do have issue with the fact that forum members seem intent on not allowing others to have an opinion on here because they don’t like the facts.

 

This is also the reason I believe we haven’t had the performance released because they know that would allow people to compare both and realise they’re the same. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with the rights, especially when Lady Gaga released hers pretty much straight away on her socials. There, I’ve said it, wasn’t going to but there you go! I still love her, and felt proud of her during her performance. I’m just stating the facts as I see them and if I’m wrong then fine.

Edited by Jeanette
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Her current tour is beyond embarrassing… she’s known more for her amazing dancing and putting on a show, more so than her voice… she dances about 15% of the show and talks and giggles her way most of the show.

 

She needs to step up if she’s doing a vegas residency for someone of her calibre… I hope she does as I am a fan but she’s gotten lazy!!

 

Her second leg of her tour has been amazing. I saw the first leg and it wasn’t great, and then went and saw the 2nd, and it’s a complete 180. Sure she’s not dancing like a 25 year old, but it’s miles better than most still.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

Yah I wasn’t sure about Scotts interview. I do think he’s professional enough to not let anything slip and probably knows better than to give anything away but at the same time if we take him at his word, it’s not on his radar yet.

 

Céline was already saying back in May that they were putting a new show together. He definitely does know and had a lot already planned, even if rehearsals haven’t started yet.

Edited by Céline RO
The best is yet to come...
Posted

Be careful what you post on here, they could be lurking and stealing our ideas and getting paid bonus’s for their amazing ideas and taking all the credit…. B*tches Lol :P

 

Oh if only…

The best is yet to come...
Posted
I could be wrong but I think tomorrow could be the day.
Posted

I dunno maybe Celine is feeling insecure returning to the stage with all the analyses *cough this forum* *cough Wings Of Pegasus* *cough TheHonestVocalCoach* and controversies regarding her lip-synched Olympics performance? I'm pretty sure she got wind of it. I have no idea about the amount of pre-recorded vocals she's planning to use in the new show, but if the amount is bigger than ever, I can already sense what will happen here and on social medias.

I don’t think Celine cares. Discussions like these were happening all the time in her career.
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

I could be wrong but I think tomorrow could be the day.

 

What makes you think?

Posted
I could see it being announced on a Thursday or Friday, that is if they want this announcement to get more attention. Monday wouldn't have made as much sense to me personally.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...