Nmj Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:06 PM Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:06 PM And yet rarely sometimes she tells us that she want to do a acoustic show, a b-side show, a covers show. Makes me wonder, does she really want that? Or is it just easy talk? My impression is she does want to do those things… But then rehearsal and concept building time comes along; out of a place of fear and comfort she ends up ultimately going with the same recipe because it has worked in the past. We all know that she has to be tired of singing the same set list in the same way for years on end but she doesn’t really seem to “gamble” with new ideas…. She’s very safe, which would be fine if she wasn’t always trying to convince us that she’s a “risk” taker, or she’s “taking chances” when I’m reality she is probably the safest or one of the safest artists of her stature… everything is not only safe but usually timed exactly from each song , to each syllable of a word during her speeches. 1 Quote
mirage Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:10 PM Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:10 PM Yeah that is also something she tends to do. She tells us A, but she ends up by doing X Only the 2016 tour was totally fresh. Skipping the whole Deux album in what 20 years? My impression is she does want to do those things… But then rehearsal and concept building time comes along; out of a place of fear and comfort she ends up ultimately going with the same recipe because it has worked in the past. We all know that she has to be tired of singing the same set list in the same way for years on end but she doesn’t really seem to “gamble” with new ideas…. She’s very safe, which would be fine if she wasn’t always trying to convince us that she’s a “risk” taker, or she’s “taking chances” when I’m reality she is probably the safest or one of the safest artists of her stature… everything is not only safe but usually timed exactly from each song , to each syllable of a word during her speeches. 3 Quote
browseceline Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:30 PM Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:30 PM Sorry, but it looks oldfashion and cold. Yes and the stage itself has a low ceiling. Should have made that opening wider. From most of the seats you see a lot of black wall Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PuraVida Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Yeah that is also something she tends to do.She tells us A, but she ends up by doing X Only the 2016 tour was totally fresh. Skipping the whole Deux album in what 20 years? What do you mean skipping the Deux album? Quote
PuraVida Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:36 PM Posted October 8, 2021 at 10:36 PM (edited) And yet rarely sometimes she tells us that she want to do a acoustic show, a b-side show, a covers show. Makes me wonder, does she really want that?Or is it just easy talk? The problem is, what venue will she use for an acoustic show? Vegas is Vegas, and I assume she won't just switch up her entire show concept for a one-off thing. She needs to fly out to Los Angeles for a few days and do "The LA Sessions" or do a show at the Hollywood Bowl like Christina Aguilera did. Otherwise, make it a recorded event or songs that you put up online. Edited October 8, 2021 at 10:37 PM by PuraVida Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:34 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:34 AM (edited) My impression is she does want to do those things… But then rehearsal and concept building time comes along; out of a place of fear and comfort she ends up ultimately going with the same recipe because it has worked in the past. We all know that she has to be tired of singing the same set list in the same way for years on end but she doesn’t really seem to “gamble” with new ideas…. She’s very safe, which would be fine if she wasn’t always trying to convince us that she’s a “risk” taker, or she’s “taking chances” when I’m reality she is probably the safest or one of the safest artists of her stature… everything is not only safe but usually timed exactly from each song , to each syllable of a word during her speeches. Unfortunately, I don't think she has any idea how to put together a true concept show. Nothing about the "Courage World Tour" screams "courage" to me. Even just using the name to support the new album doesn't work considering how little from that album is featured in the tour. At this point, as much as I hate covers, I'd rather just see her do a damn covers show. At least that way she could get it out of her system, and the show would have a clear and concise theme. ("My Heart Will Go On" being the only exception to the rule because, well, let's face it, she'd be obliterated if she didn't do that song.) Plus, even with a covers tour/show, songs like: "If You Asked Me To," "The Power Of Love," "It's All Coming Back To Me Now," "All By Myself," "Taking Chances," "I Drove All Night," "Treat Her Like A Lady," and "All The Way" would still fit the theme. Furthermore, we could finally have some of the recorded covers performed live for the first time, or at least brought back from a long hiatus. Songs such as: "When I Need You," "Natural Woman," "The Last To Know," and "Just A Little Bit Of Love" are prime examples. Edited October 9, 2021 at 03:36 AM by SuperLove4Celine 3 Quote
scielle Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:48 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:48 AM Here’s a recent interview with Judy Kang, Céline’s cellist: Not that much Céline-related content, but she talks about how she got the gig at the beginning (~5min in), about how Dominique Messier helped her set up her home studio and record remotely so she could work during the pandemic (~30min), a bit about how she joined the residency shortly before Céline called things off to care for Rene (~47min). Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:05 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:05 AM Are we really comparing a 33 years old artist releasing her 4th album to Courage "era"? Adele's new album will sell less than 25 (and that's only natural). She will have strong first week sales and the first single will do well for sure, but will she have longevity? We'll see, she will need stronger singles than she had with 25. And of course her label is putting a lot of money (they even paid for Vogue cover), Adele flopping would be disastrous for them. I'll judge after listening to the first single, but if she releases a bland song like Hello again I don't see her smashing. I didn’t find “Hello” bland. A lot of listeners didn’t, as it spent 10 consecutive weeks at number one on the Hot 100 lol. Only the 31st song to do so since the chart was created!! Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
isurrender Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:26 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:26 AM I didn't find "Hello" bland. A lot of listeners didn't, as it spent 10 consecutive weeks at number one on the Hot 100 lol. Only the 31st song to do so since the chart was created!! I'm still surprised when someone - still nowadays - justifies the quality of s song with the success of it. Then, I would guess that the other way is valid as well. Shall we call "water from the moon" ( example) a total s*** because it didn't make the chart? Quote
browseceline Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:27 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:27 AM I didnt find Hello bland. A lot of listeners didnt, as it spent 10 consecutive weeks at number one on the Hot 100 lol. Only the 31st song to do so since the chart was created!! Me neither…it is a great song! Superwoman..that one is bland! Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
manu23 Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:33 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:33 AM I didn’t find “Hello” bland. A lot of listeners didn’t, as it spent 10 consecutive weeks at number one on the Hot 100 lol. Only the 31st song to do so since the chart was created!! Adele was coming from the biggest era in music in years, anything she would have released would have been a hit, especially with all the machinery behind. Hello released by other artist would flop. Same with all the singles that came after. Skyfall is much better song. Might be just my opinion, but I don’t think Hello is considered a classic in anyway even if it spent 10 weeks at #1. 1 Quote
ryba Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:21 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:21 AM To be honest, I really don't get the Adele hype. Yes, she is talented, but not nearly as talented as Celine. Celines voice (especially in the 90s) was cristal clear but also strong (think of the "no no no no" in Think Twice). Adeles songs are quite unvaried compared to Celines catalogue. Adele has way less to offer, and yet people are crazy for her. I think it's the new generation that didn't get to experience Celine in the 90s cause they were too young. Quote
ordinary fan Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:38 AM Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:38 AM The last modern/current Celine song/video I heard on the radio/saw on TV was Taking Chances (she was 40 years old). That's says it all.Well Celine and especially her newer songs should be played way more or at least be played at all. But to say that nothing but her old songs are played is false, at least in my case, I'm hearing unfinished songs quite a lot (beside I'm alive, one heart, that's the way it is and the two versions of a new day has come) 1 Quote
ehild Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:59 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 03:59 PM I think Celine still performs because she likes it and she makes too much money in Vegas not to do it. If it weren't for those things, I think she would have probably retired by now and just done one-off projects/albums to occasionally keep busy. This is also why I don't think we get new show ideas, etc. They have to go with what will consistently sell tickets to general audiences. Anything else is just wishful thinking on our part, as much as I hate to say that. 4 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:07 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:07 PM Agreed. I think we’re lucky she’s still performing as much as she is. The general public goes to see her out of nostalgia. Die Hards will always see her regardless of what she sings. Not much longer to wait! 3 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:35 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:35 PM I'm gonna try to not listen to any Celine song or watch any of her performances from now until opening night just to add that little extra excitement of hearing her again. Is anyone else thinking of doing that? Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:42 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:42 PM I'm gonna try to not listen to any Celine song or watch any of her performances from now until opening night just to add that little extra excitement of hearing her again. Is anyone else thinking of doing that?No, just you lol 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
maki_Dion-er Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:50 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:50 PM (edited) I don't know why it repeated. Edited October 9, 2021 at 04:55 PM by maki_Dion-er Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:56 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 04:56 PM No, just you lol Ah well, if you see someone with withdrawal symptoms that's me lol. 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 9, 2021 at 05:57 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 05:57 PM I’m surprise you’re not trying to pedal some lame T-shirts Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:08 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:08 PM To be honest, I really don't get the Adele hype. Yes, she is talented, but not nearly as talented as Celine. Celines voice (especially in the 90s) was cristal clear but also strong (think of the "no no no no" in Think Twice). Adeles songs are quite unvaried compared to Celines catalogue. Adele has way less to offer, and yet people are crazy for her. I think it's the new generation that didn't get to experience Celine in the 90s cause they were too young. They have two different styles of singing. That doesn’t constitute one being “more talented” than the other. They’re both exceptional at what they do. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Alex_Incognito Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:32 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:32 PM Anyone else praying the wig got lost during the pandemic? 6 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
ryba Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:51 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:51 PM I hope we will get to see the videos from the shows. As stated in an official statement, the first show will be a fundraiser and it will be an intimate and private event. I hope they allow cameras! Quote
ryba Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:51 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 06:51 PM (edited) Anyone else praying the wig got lost during the pandemic?I hope she takes out that 2017 summer tour wig (first round of shows). She looked amazing! Edited October 9, 2021 at 06:52 PM by ryba 1 Quote
mirage Posted October 9, 2021 at 07:27 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 07:27 PM ME!!!! Anyone else praying the wig got lost during the pandemic? 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:44 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 08:44 PM I'm gonna try to not listen to any Celine song or watch any of her performances from now until opening night just to add that little extra excitement of hearing her again. Is anyone else thinking of doing that? Yes, totally! But I tend to listen to Celine a lot and watch her concerts on YouTube. So once October started, I said “No more!” until I see her opening night. 1 Quote
garyhollander Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:28 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:28 PM Adele… I honestly couldn't think of a more boring residency & I'm being honest not horrible when I say that, she has about 8/9 well known songs, she's a singer not an entertainer, so what is she going to bring to make this amazing in a city like Vegas. This won't last long is my guess!From this i an say you never went to her show cause she gives same vibes when she does a show as celine she is hilarious and witty and warm and her show was amazing 1 Quote
garyhollander Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:33 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:33 PM To be honest, I really don't get the Adele hype. Yes, she is talented, but not nearly as talented as Celine. Celines voice (especially in the 90s) was cristal clear but also strong (think of the "no no no no" in Think Twice). Adeles songs are quite unvaried compared to Celines catalogue. Adele has way less to offer, and yet people are crazy for her. I think it's the new generation that didn't get to experience Celine in the 90s cause they were too young.Adele is also very talented song writer, she has the same emotional quality to her voice that celine does.. Yes celines is a better technial singer but adele songs are beautiful.. and people connect to them anybody not seeing that she is an incredible artists is just being naive you may not like her songs or her styl;e but Adele in general makes me think of celine allot her humor her wittyness.. She is also very kind regarding other artists mostly knows for ballads.. lots of similarities 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:47 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 09:47 PM From this i an say you never went to her show cause she gives same vibes when she does a show as celine she is hilarious and witty and warm and her show was amazing I seen her live once and that was more than enough for me. She has a good voice, but nothing special and no real stage presence and as someone from the UK she’s neither hilarious or witty, more chav and cringe. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 9, 2021 at 10:26 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 10:26 PM (edited) I'm sorry but I don't find anything "intimate" about that theater. I guess they think 5,000 people is intimate. Edited October 9, 2021 at 10:37 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.