Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

No one can choose to be spoiled. That logic makes no sense. The act of spoiling involves receiving things, and Celine and her team are in charge of what they give the fans.

 

Sure... and again we're still lucky compared to other fans who keeps on waiting.

 

“Mommy Céline, you want us to be spoiled release more music please. We want more! If you don’t we will hate you more”

 

That's why soon to be parents. Don't spoil your children too much or else... :)

 

I think other singers are doing it good not releasing an album every year because it will crave us for more.

 

I like what Adele is doing. Release an album. Break. World tour. Break. Wait for another album. I think it balances everything.

 

It’s like Yes I love you guys but you have to wait. :)

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted
So you admit Celine keeps us waiting, which would mean she isn't spoiling us....
Posted

 

 

The bigger question is why doesn’t she want to? I never buy when an artist wants the best of both worlds, and only gives when money is involved like album promotion time (which they don’t even do anymore lol) or when onstage and people pay hundreds of dollars to see the show. Sorry Celine but you are Celine on and off the stage, you can’t turn who you are off. And before the HATE comes from the Celine #ss kissing mob on this forum, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she shouldn’t have time off and enjoy her life, she definitely is owed that and can and should have that… but there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing, there should be more love to the fans WHEN there isn’t a monetary goal involved.

 

But when we ask for these things, we seem to conveniently forget all of the things she has done specifically FOR her fans.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

 

We'll never know why she doesn't want to do so. Maybe she wasn't happy with the way the Winter Song video/experience turned out. Maybe she hates social media altogether and only does it when she's forced to by a manager or because of a tragedy or some other reason. We're not a part of her inner circle so we'll never know.

 

Singing is a job for Celine. I remember RuPaul once saying he only gets in drag if someone is paying him - it's a job. Otherwise, he's just his regular ol' self. Maybe Celine feels similarly? And if so, maybe she's not the artist/performer/person you thought she was. That's possible, too.

 

Please don’t compare RuPaul to Celine lol. RuPaul is a jackass. RuPaul created an entire touring drag convention, which she makes tons of money off of, and then shows up to this convention, to DJ for her fans….NOT IN DRAG. I know the quote you speak of, but RuPaul certainly doesn’t follow it. She didn’t show up in drag for the previous Drag Race finale either. All she cares about is money. Not at all about pleasing fans anymore.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

So you admit Celine keeps us waiting, which would mean she isn't spoiling us....

 

That she should do. So we won’t be spoiled too much. She should do like what other singers do. We should learn how to wait. And maybe we can find more singers not just Céline.

 

I’m a massive fan of Céline. I will fight anyone who say something bad from her.

 

I thinn she was giving us so much ever since. Now, I learn to wait and explore more artists like Adele, MIKA, Taylor, Madonna, and many more.

 

I think if we stick to one singer only. We will really want more from her for sure. And you will just be annoyed from waiting more complaints and all since we were used to having more stuff from her. Like album released every year, dvds.

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

So you admit Celine keeps us waiting, which would mean she isn't spoiling us....

 

I think he’s saying that we’ve been spoiled through the years; and we have honestly. We have SO much material. But now that we don’t have it coming as frequently, we start asking for other things and complaining that we’re not getting more. That sure sounds spoiled to me lol.

  • Like 5

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

Rihanna has built a huge, phenomenally successful brand and company, literally puts on fashion shows, attends events like the MET Gala, gets photographed and videod in public, travels the world, all the while maintaining an active presence on social media.

 

We've had this debate before and it's been had outside of this forum by other fans. When different people in different circles are saying the same thing over a period of time, you can be pretty sure something is going on.

 

Rihanna fans are constantly hounding her about finally releasing an album. They may be proud of Rihanna building a successful fashion/beauty empire but they are primarily fans of the artist.

 

So what if Celine isn't on social media as often? She puts out an album every 3 years, and has built a flawless reputation as a live performer. We get to enjoy seeing her regularly. Celine is still dedicated to her music career even when she starts side projects unlike Rihanna.

 

What about Adele? She disappears for years at a time, posts very rarely, and only comes back when she has a new album to sell. But I guess that's only bad when Celine does it? Celine only went on hiatus because of the pandemic, if it weren't for that she'd have been touring and shortly after came back to a new show in Vegas. Let her have her two years away from it all (technically she's not even completely away cause she's working on her new show and filming a feature length documentary) cause she's likely gonna be working non-stop and we'll enjoy seeing her for the next few years.

 

I wish Celine loved social media, she should have a better team to handle that if she doesn't like it. We've talked about this to no end but to demand that she constantly put things out for fans just cause? No, not everyone works the same way.

Edited by maki_Dion-er
  • Like 4
Posted

All she cares about is money. Not at all about pleasing fans anymore.

 

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Posted

Rihanna fans are constantly hounding her about finally releasing an album. They may be proud of Rihanna building a successful fashion/beauty empire but they are primarily fans of the artist.

 

So what if Celine isn't on social media as often? She puts out an album every 3 years, and has built a flawless reputation as a live performer. We get to enjoy seeing her regularly. Celine is still dedicated to her music career even when she starts side projects unlike Rihanna.

 

What about Adele? She disappears for years at a time, posts very rarely, and only comes back when she has a new album to sell. But I guess that's only bad when Celine does it? Celine only went on hiatus because of the pandemic, if it weren't for that she'd have been touring and shortly after came back to a new show in Vegas. Let her have her two years away from it all (technically she's not even completely away cause she's working on her new show and filming a feature length documentary) cause she's likely gonna be working non-stop and we'll enjoy seeing her for the next few years.

 

I wish Celine loved social media, she should have a better team to handle that if she doesn't like it. We've talked about this to no end but to demand that she constantly put things out for fans just cause? No, not everyone works the same way.

 

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, Rihanna's fans have been hounding her about her new release. Why? Because all fans want musical releases from their favourite artists. But I guess it's only "demanding" when Celine fans do it. And the point I was making was to refute the factually incorrect comparison that people are disingenuously making about Rihanna disappearing....I'm sorry what? Rihanna never disappeared, she explored many parts of her brand and her identity as an artist WHILE maintaining an active, personal presence on social media that connected fans and left them wanting even more. Celine has, at times, done the same thing and fans ate it up.

 

 

And the issues with Celine's presence with the fans go back over a decade at this point. All anyone has to do, if they actually care about the facts, is to go back and read old threads on this forum about releases and promises. People can feel however they want about that, but like I said, these conversations are happening among Celine fans on totally different parts of the internet that are separated from each other. If you're on Twitter / Instagram / Facebook or other forums, you would see that. Lord knows I didn't invent it, so don't shoot the messenger. ***

 

 

 

***notice I am not making any claims about what I as a person want from Celine. Instead, I am calling out the situation as I see it.

Posted

The bigger question is why doesn’t she want to? I never buy when an artist wants the best of both worlds, and only gives when money is involved like album promotion time (which they don’t even do anymore lol) or when onstage and people pay hundreds of dollars to see the show. Sorry Celine but you are Celine on and off the stage, you can’t turn who you are off. And before the HATE comes from the Celine #ss kissing mob on this forum, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she shouldn’t have time off and enjoy her life, she definitely is owed that and can and should have that… but there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing, there should be more love to the fans WHEN there isn’t a monetary goal involved.

totally agree. IMO she doesn’t appreciate her fans anymore. She takes them for granted and assumes that the demand for her is endless. Hence her attitude. I bet she wouldn’t act like this if she had to work for the publics interest in her.
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

It depends on how we see her.

A comparison to other artists are easily made, especially in these days of social media where we can see or not see many sides of them.

 

Though I see Céline more of a singer, a performer rather than a artist.

 

And of course we all have different ideas what makes an artist.

 

For someone who says she has many ideas in her head for songs, shows,concepts etc.

In the end we always get the same old.

She just performs her songs, she maybe add 1 she definitely feels,but that's it.

 

And it definitely works yes.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

It depends on how we see her.

A comparison to other artists are easily made, especially in these days of social media where we can see or not see many sides of them.

 

Though I see Céline more of a singer, a performer rather than a artist.

 

And of course we all have different ideas what makes an artist.

 

For someone who says she has many ideas in her head for songs, shows,concepts etc.

In the end we always get the same old.

She just performs her songs, she maybe add 1 she definitely feels,but that's it.

 

And it definitely works yes.

For me, this is how I feel also.
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
Is this still the Vegas thread. Or has it morphed into the toxic positivity vs toxic negativity thread?
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Why not release a single see an album with the rejections of the courage album to promote the show

What better way to promote a show that looks like him than new music?

Posted

Is this still the Vegas thread. Or has it morphed into the toxic positivity vs toxic negativity thread?

 

She will be performing “toxic” in support of the free Britney movement in her show next month. So we’re on topic. :)

  • Like 2
Posted

 

She will be performing “toxic” in support of the free Britney movement in her show next month. So we’re on topic. :)

 

Why are you so damn negative? I’ve been on this forum for 20+ years and left because of the drama here.. I see nothing has changed.

 

Let’s be thankful she’s still performing period. She’s made her millions and could live out the rest of her life with her family and be perfectly content.

 

So can we get back on topic with Vegas??

 

Did anyone see the latest IG post from Eric Tewalt? 6fb2d40ab0bad10f12e4c5cc0c4a9ac1.jpg

 

I wonder if this means they’re doing TSMGO…

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wait Is Over?

Posted (edited)

 

 

Why are you so damn negative? I’ve been on this forum for 20+ years and left because of the drama here.. I see nothing has changed.

 

Let’s be thankful she’s still performing period. She’s made her millions and could live out the rest of her life with her family and be perfectly content.

 

So can we get back on topic with Vegas??

 

Did anyone see the latest IG post from Eric Tewalt? 6fb2d40ab0bad10f12e4c5cc0c4a9ac1.jpg

 

I wonder if this means they’re doing TSMGO…

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

If you think my posts are negative always you might need to leave the forum again, you can stay if you like but I won’t change calling it as I see it. Or hit the ignore option my friend… you should use that feature it’s free of charge I believe. :)

 

And on topic that phrase is often used after time away so probably just using it to be cute lol.

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 1
Posted

 

If you think my posts are negative always you might need to leave the forum again, you can stay if you like but I wont change calling it as I see it. Or hit the ignore option my friend you should use that feature its free of charge I believe. :)

 

And on topic that phrase is often used after time away so probably just using it to be cute lol.

 

Keep being miserable.

The rest of us will appreciate what we get from her. Simple ✌️

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

The Wait Is Over?

Posted

 

 

Keep being miserable.

The rest of us will appreciate what we get from her. Simple ✌️

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Enjoy your “heart of the ocean” coffee mug, this holiday season!

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

6fb2d40ab0bad10f12e4c5cc0c4a9ac1.jpg

 

I wonder if this means they’re doing TSMGO…

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ewww..no..not this stupid song again...when will she understand that we don't want her Queen covers.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Ewww..no..not this stupid song again...when will she understand that we don't want her Queen covers.

 

LOL! Amen! Time to give this a rest. And while we're at it, let's leave RDMH off the list too. Especially if she's not going to try and scream like elmo instead.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Alex_Incognito
  • Like 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

 

 

LOL! Amen! Time to give this a rest. And while we're at it, let's leave RDMH off the list too. Especially if she's not going to try and scream like elmo instead.

maxresdefault.jpg

 

I wish she’d do RDMH as a duet with Elmo and Rosie O’Donnell so it could feel like 1996 again!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

My Way would actually be a wonderful song to include in this new show. I can see it being the encore. Or the big finale song before the encore.

 

Edited by smw
Posted

My Way would actually be a wonderful song to include in this new show. I can see it being the encore. Or the big finale song before the encore.

 

https://youtu.be/b7urL_AM3Ds

While I love her rendition of the song, I think she is too young to perform it. She was especially too young the first time she sang it.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

 

While I love her rendition of the song, I think she is too young to perform it. She was especially too young the first time she sang it.

 

True… perhaps it could work if she includes a little speech & mentions Rene’s love for that song. A sort of tribute to him.

 

And I imagine Celine will choose mostly uplifting songs / anthems for her show. But I do hope for some powerful / dramatic moments too.

Posted

No more new covers!!!!!!

 

I’m hoping for Celine songs too! But there will be some covers, for sure.

Posted

Or mix it up in a Tina tribute since she's all for tributes :giggle:

 

 

 

LOL! Amen! Time to give this a rest. And while we're at it, let's leave RDMH off the list too. Especially if she's not going to try and scream like elmo instead.

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

One song that just came to me as an opener is "The Greatest Reward." I'd be quite fine with that song getting some love again.

 

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...