PuraVida Posted October 9, 2021 at 11:41 PM Posted October 9, 2021 at 11:41 PM I am just thinking how far Celine could go with a marketing strategy like the "30" one Adele put in place. It has nothing to do with comparing vocal talents or album sales. It's about Celine being "the best of herself" Quote
Nmj Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:17 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:17 AM I am just thinking how far Celine could go with a marketing strategy like the "30" one Adele put in place. It has nothing to do with comparing vocal talents or album sales. It's about Celine being "the best of herself" For Celine “being the best of herself”, means sining RDMH and not hitting to many off key notes or remembering the second verse. 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:23 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:23 AM For Celine “being the best of herself”, means sining RDMH and not hitting to many off key notes or remembering the second verse. Maybe the documentary will give us true insights, but I really hope she surprises us for the new residency. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 10, 2021 at 08:54 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 08:54 AM I heard the opening song for the new show will be Love Can Move Mountains (2021 Remix) Quote
krazy_kool_dude Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:06 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:06 AM I heard the opening song for the new show will be Love Can Move Mountains (2021 Remix) Wow! Maybe they've nicked my set list idea! Here's mine. A variety of realistic, reasonable and some complete dreams! 01. Love Can Move Mountains (personally, I don't like this song but Celine loves it and if it had to be performed, at least move it about in the set list to keep it as fresh as possible).02. Imperfections03. It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Full 7 minute version)04. Misled05. One Heart06. Unfinished SongsDress change - with Orchestra leading into...07. Then You Look At Me08. Incredible (Virtual duet with Ne-Yo, sorry Barnev)08. Des mots qui sonnent09. Think Twice10. Because You Loved Me11. Dreamin' Of You12. Nothing Broken But My HeartDress change - with Orchestra leading into...13. To Love You More14. The Power Of Love15. A New Day Has Come16. Courage17. Where Does My Heart Beat Now18. I'm Alive-Dress change-19. My Heart Will Go On (stripped back, just a piano with Celine singing)20. That's The Way It Is (most people would expect MHWGO to be the last song, what a great surprise it would be to end with an uptempo song that was a hit for Celine) Haha! Well if it's true, it'll be the most interesting thing Celine's done with her set list in years! 2 Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
comingback Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:11 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:11 AM I heard the opening song for the new show will be Love Can Move Mountains (2021 Remix) Really? They read our forum LOL. I posted a LCMM video from 1992 in August. 1 Quote
comingback Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:11 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:11 AM (edited) I heard the opening song for the new show will be Love Can Move Mountains (2021 Remix) Really? They read our forum LOL. I posted a LCMM performance video from 1992 in August. Edited October 10, 2021 at 09:16 AM by comingback Quote
stevo Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:21 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 09:21 AM (edited) I’m sure this is untrue as it’s the hideous Mirror - ‘Adele receiving advice in Vegas from Celine’… https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/adele-taking-advice-celine-dion-25178927.amp Edited October 10, 2021 at 09:21 AM by stevo 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM Posted October 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM I'm sure this is untrue as it's the hideous Mirror - 'Adele receiving advice in Vegas from Celine'… https://www.irishmir...on-25178927.amp It's real. I saw this in a different site. And that advice happened back in 2018 where Adele attended Céline's vegas concert. And the talking happened there. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 10, 2021 at 12:40 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 12:40 PM It’s sad. We are less than a month out from the opening of this brand new show and all we can talk about is boring-#ss boiled meat and mushy pea eating Adele. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
stevo Posted October 10, 2021 at 01:58 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 01:58 PM Should all us Brits be offended by that generalisation? 😆 3 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 10, 2021 at 02:55 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 02:55 PM Good thing we are one of the few nationality’s on the planet who ain’t offended by everything and can laugh at ourselves sometimes 2 Quote
Nmj Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:21 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:21 PM It’s sad. We are less than a month out from the opening of this brand new show and all we can talk about is boring-#ss boiled meat and mushy pea eating Adele. The 30 second snippet of her new song sounds better than anything has put out since 2007. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:49 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:49 PM Should all us Brits be offended by that generalisation? 😆HAA! Not all! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Alex_Incognito Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:53 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 03:53 PM Good thing we are one of the few nationality’s on the planet who ain’t offended by everything and can laugh at ourselves sometimes hit me with your best shot, man. After the lat four years here, we’ve got it coming lol 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Celinelife Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:11 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:11 PM The List making another video on Celine. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:49 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:49 PM I think it’s time to change the arrangements for BYLM. Maybe it’s time for a piano only segment. 2 Quote
ordinary fan Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:52 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:52 PM I think it's time to change the arrangements for BYLM. Maybe it's time for a piano only segment. https://youtu.be/9d72RnNYwm4That as the very final encore would be awesome Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:54 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:54 PM That as the very final encore would be awesome The piano only part sounds very intimate. Just Céline and the Piano Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:57 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 04:57 PM Btw, I just watched Madonna’s Madame X concert film and again great visuals. I am so amazed. Jamie King is her creative director, I think. Jamie has worked with Céline before (Taking Chances Tour). It would be great if she will work with him again in her future tours. 3 Quote
scielle Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:16 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:16 PM Well, perhaps we’ll get a Thanksgiving post tomorrow. Or at the very least one for the twins’ birthday in a couple weeks. Quote
Celinelife Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:40 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 05:40 PM Well, perhaps we’ll get a Thanksgiving post tomorrow. Or at the very least one for the twins’ birthday in a couple weeks.We could only wish. Quote
PuraVida Posted October 10, 2021 at 07:12 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 07:12 PM Celine's new residency could seriously use a vocal harmonies moment in the style of Pentatonix or a barbershop quartet. Can you imagine if she sang this style with her backup singers? Or if they used her own recorded vocals behind her---kind of how she did with How Do You Keep The Music playing? 1 Quote
manolo19 Posted October 10, 2021 at 07:22 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 07:22 PM Btw, I just watched Madonna’s Madame X concert film and again great visuals. I am so amazed. Jamie King is her creative director, I think. Jamie has worked with Céline before (Taking Chances Tour). It would be great if she will work with him again in her future tours. YES , I still can't get over the 'I drove all night' opening video on Goldfrapp 'Whitehorse' and the incredible fashionista interlude on MHWGO remix .. this is the kind of stuff I live for ... At least we had the beautiful cinematic 'A song for you' dance sequence in the Courage world tour. 4 Quote
mirage Posted October 10, 2021 at 10:22 PM Posted October 10, 2021 at 10:22 PM Yes finally an update on how big those twins are now! The only few days of the 365 you know for sure we get some casual private pictures, holidays, birthdays. Well, perhaps we’ll get a Thanksgiving post tomorrow. Or at the very least one for the twins’ birthday in a couple weeks. Quote
PuraVida Posted October 11, 2021 at 12:47 AM Posted October 11, 2021 at 12:47 AM YES , I still can't get over the 'I drove all night' opening video on Goldfrapp 'Whitehorse' and the incredible fashionista interlude on MHWGO remix .. this is the kind of stuff I live for ... At least we had the beautiful cinematic 'A song for you' dance sequence in the Courage world tour. Okay I definitely missed those details, gotta go back now Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted October 11, 2021 at 03:48 AM Posted October 11, 2021 at 03:48 AM YES , I still can't get over the 'I drove all night' opening video on Goldfrapp 'Whitehorse' and the incredible fashionista interlude on MHWGO remix .. this is the kind of stuff I live for ... At least we had the beautiful cinematic 'A song for you' dance sequence in the Courage world tour. The fashion interlude was great as well, and the underwater MHWGO video with the vocally intro is one of my favorite moments of CWT (made me excited for the song. 5 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 11, 2021 at 01:59 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 01:59 PM As I sit here on a bank holiday in the USA, I have a flood of memories coming back to me about the première of the 2011 show. I'll never forget how fitting "Open Arms" was as an opener. I wasn't excited at first when we heard rumors of it - but it worked so well. Also, "Where does my heart beat now" was one of the major highlights. I remember feeling pure joy hearing her sing it in her modern voice and seeing images of her past. "C'est notre histoire à nous..." The covers were aplenty but they were all beautifully done. I didn't find them uninspired at all. They were married perfectly into the show. The Bond Medley was amazing. The Jackson tribute was beautiful. None of this end of the show Queen tribute crap where she humps the air. She was a diva through and through. I am afraid since they are only beginning rehearsals this month that that doesn't allow much time for creativity and we are going to see something that mirrors the last/current tour. It's an easy move that will still wow the most casual of fans. I do hope she has a surprise up her sleeve. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
scielle Posted October 11, 2021 at 02:45 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 02:45 PM I am afraid since they are only beginning rehearsals this month that that doesn't allow much time for creativity and we are going to see something that mirrors the last/current tour. It's an easy move that will still wow the most casual of fans. I do hope she has a surprise up her sleeve. Well, they’re only starting in-person rehearsals this week, but remote ones have already been going on (though don’t know how long). In any case, I think safe to say no Franco Dragone-style theatrics! Simple is fine, but if all this ends up being is the last residency but in a new venue, I think she’ll be opening herself up to a lot of questions (from both critics and fans). Anyway, seems they’re marketing - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
Nmj Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:17 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:17 PM As I sit here on a bank holiday in the USA, I have a flood of memories coming back to me about the première of the 2011 show. I'll never forget how fitting "Open Arms" was as an opener. I wasn't excited at first when we heard rumors of it - but it worked so well. Also, "Where does my heart beat now" was one of the major highlights. I remember feeling pure joy hearing her sing it in her modern voice and seeing images of her past. "C'est notre histoire à nous..." The covers were aplenty but they were all beautifully done. I didn't find them uninspired at all. They were married perfectly into the show. The Bond Medley was amazing. The Jackson tribute was beautiful. None of this end of the show Queen tribute crap where she humps the air. She was a diva through and through. I am afraid since they are only beginning rehearsals this month that that doesn't allow much time for creativity and we are going to see something that mirrors the last/current tour. It's an easy move that will still wow the most casual of fans. I do hope she has a surprise up her sleeve. I think other than “A New Day…” she only ever rehearsed all her shows 1 to 2 months ahead right? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.