Alex_Incognito Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:03 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:03 PM (edited) Morte couille! The 2nd show at RW is a month from tonight! Does this mean we'll be talking about her cutting out an amazing song from the first night? Edited October 6, 2021 at 06:03 PM by Alex_Incognito 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
SuperLove4Celine Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:21 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:21 PM Morte couille! The 2nd show at RW is a month from tonight! Does this mean we'll be talking about her cutting out an amazing song from the first night? Yes. 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:21 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:21 PM I think fans need to scream harder on the night for the rarer songs! I remember in Leeds, refuse to dance came on and people had a toilet break…. I was like really?!?! Kev x 4 Quote
AdrienneM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:34 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:34 PM I think fans need to scream harder on the night for the rarer songs! I remember in Leeds, refuse to dance came on and people had a toilet break…. I was like really?!?! Kev x I remember watching a lot of videos from Copenhagen and London on the 2017 tour and the sheer amount of people who got up and went to the toilet or the bar during the uptempo section and only showed any form of enjoyment during RDMH was *insane* Quote
ehild Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:56 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 06:56 PM First look in the theatre! It looks stunning! https://www.facebook.com/103603315309055/posts/154610050208381/?d=nLooks like some of the stage extends to the sides/runs along the seats. If so, I hope that makes it much more interactive!! Some of the side-walls also look like they could be screens....interesting idea. Kinda excited to see how it all comes together for the show!! Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ehild Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:00 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:00 PM Lady Gaga's show is a stripped down/acoustic jazz show. If by intimate Céline's team means something like this, personally I'd die! I'd love a show that's just Celine and her songs that really showcases her voice. 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Nmj Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:10 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:10 PM Lady Gaga's show is a stripped down/acoustic jazz show. If by intimate Céline's team means something like this, personally I'd die! I'd love a show that's just Celine and her songs that really showcases her voice. Maybe…? But instead of Celine and “her songs” it’ll probably be Celine and cover songs by dead people. 3 Quote
binsk Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:15 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:15 PM I have tickets to opening night that I need to sell. Is there a place on this forum to advertise that? Quote -RK
Alex_Incognito Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:23 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:23 PM Lady Gaga's show is a stripped down/acoustic jazz show. If by intimate Céline's team means something like this, personally I'd die! I'd love a show that's just Celine and her songs that really showcases her voice. If her fans can support shows like this, why can't Céline? My guess us that she doesn't want to. What happened to the creativity in the 2016 2017 tours? 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
PuraVida Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:25 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:25 PM I think fans need to scream harder on the night for the rarer songs! I remember in Leeds, refuse to dance came on and people had a toilet break…. I was like really?!?! Kev x I definitely would have screamed louder! But I think of all the rare songs she could have picked, RTD was never going to elicit huge screams. And I think it's an artists' job to win over a general audience with the B-side songs. Even if they don't know it at the start, make them really love it by the end. I have seen other artists do this, but Celine hasn't really done this much. Tous Les Blues is an exception, I think she should make each song a "Moment" like she did with that one that not many people would have known. 1 Quote
ryba Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:43 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:43 PM (edited) The theatre looks very small and intimate indeed. However, Caesars Palace looked more elegant and more pleasing for the eyes, also more comfortable. I'm very curious what effects this new technology will provide, but the two screens on the stage look like from the Courage Tour. I can't wait to know the setlist. I hope they use some never perfomed songs from FIY and ANDHC! Edited October 6, 2021 at 07:44 PM by ryba 2 Quote
smw Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:53 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 07:53 PM I remember watching a lot of videos from Copenhagen and London on the 2017 tour and the sheer amount of people who got up and went to the toilet or the bar during the uptempo section and only showed any form of enjoyment during RDMH was *insane* This happened when I went to see Shania Twain. People went crazy for her hits & went to the bar / restroom during any of her lesser known or new songs. Quote
JCeline85 Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:06 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:06 PM The whole vibe between Caesar’s and RW is so different.. RW feels like an oversized shopping mall and is very plain in comparison to CP.. I’m curious to see how this theatre turns out with the box office/store etc.. there is a store across from the theatre currently called “RW Store” so Im hoping they have artist merch for the residency artists! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 Quote The Wait Is Over?
rfkavanagh Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:08 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:08 PM I'm sure there's more facade to be installed and they'll do various things to warm up the theatre visually so I won't pronounce judgment just yet. But... Right now it gives me incredibly sterile, clinical vibes. No warmth, no comfort, no elegance - it's cold and blunt rather than welcoming and luxurious. It actually looks extremely dated to me. And wow that carpet is horrendous! 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:22 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:22 PM (edited) They have no carpet yet in the theatre, walls need to be finished, the stage is finished but needs to be dressed, more lighting is yet to be added etc… this is still currently a building site, I don’t get what people are expecting it’s not officially opened yet! Edited October 6, 2021 at 08:23 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:50 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:50 PM I love the look so far. You know what word I'd use to describe it...clean. The only thing that concerns me (and it may just be a depth perception issue from the angle) is that the seats look like they're crammed next to each other and not much space between rows. I mean, I'm use to that - that's what Broadway houses are like - but I'm hoping it's a little more roomy and not too claustrophobic. 1 Quote
scielle Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:53 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 08:53 PM Perhaps that's why construction took so long - they were building staging elements for Garth and Adele, which ended up getting scrapped. https://vitalvegas.com/adele-garth-brooks-set-for-caesars-palace-residencies-in-2022-per-insiders/ "Early on in the discussions with Adele, it appeared she’d have a home at Resorts World, but we’ve heard the chairman of Genting Group, Lim Kok They, nixed the resort’s participation in the bidding war when it was clear the costs would be astronomical. Apparently, Resorts World was already building production elements for Adele’s show, but the plug was pulled just days before Caesars clinched the deal with Adele and Brooks." (Elsewhere saw commentary - don't know how credible - that RW reconfigured and tore up stage especially to accommodate Garth as it was being built...) 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:00 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:00 PM (edited) Adele… I honestly couldn’t think of a more boring residency & I’m being honest not horrible when I say that, she has about 8/9 well known songs, she’s a singer not an entertainer, so what is she going to bring to make this amazing in a city like Vegas. This won’t last long is my guess! Edited October 6, 2021 at 09:01 PM by Shamrock_1982 6 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:13 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:13 PM I figured out the word that reflects the RW Theatre approach best to me: corporate. It's like corporate housing; utilitarian and designed to be inoffensive - i.e., no potential for too much personality or plushness that might go against any individual consumer's taste. It's generic in the extreme, except for some random design elements (e.g, the multi-square design) that serve a similar purpose to the generic paintings you find on hotel walls - designed to be present but bland. It makes me think of '80s modernist design tendencies. It's the physical embodiment of beige. It's like when people talk about the opposite of love not being hate, but indifference. This theatre design is just... there. It's too bland to feel anything much for it. Which is bad! ;D BTW, I don't really care as much as the above comments would suggest! I just dislike abjectly generic design. I suppose on the positive side, you could say it's designed to go unnoticed so that all attention is focused solely on the act on stage. And I know it'll get better before opening night, but no amount of lighting, etc., is going to change the underlying bones of the structure. 4 Quote
scielle Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:50 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 09:50 PM (edited) And the rest of RW suffers from much the same problem. It's just a big mall. Nice, but ultimately forgettable. The outside structure is clearly impressive, as is the pool complex, but aside from that... "indifference" is a good way to put it. I see they're trying to spice it up with some art installations, but is that in itself enough to draw people in and have it stand out? From what I've seen thus far, I'm not convinced. Edited October 6, 2021 at 09:53 PM by scielle 2 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted October 6, 2021 at 10:22 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 10:22 PM And the rest of RW suffers from much the same problem. It's just a big mall. Nice, but ultimately forgettable. The outside structure is clearly impressive, as is the pool complex, but aside from that... "indifference" is a good way to put it. I see they're trying to spice it up with some art installations, but is that in itself enough to draw people in and have it stand out? From what I've seen thus far, I'm not convinced. Yeah, nothing I've seen of Resorts World has made me feel any desire to visit or stay there - other than purely to attend the Céline show (and then stay somewhere else). I'm not much of a Vegas person anyway, but there are many other hotels like Bellagio and the Venetian that are far more appealing, or even Wynn - and I know there are other, newer hotels that I've never seen. RW just seems so... soulless and bland. On a positive note, I will say the exterior looked much less obnoxious when driving past on the 15 a few weeks ago. All the photos I'd seen made me think all that red was horribly gaudy and ostentatious, but it somehow looked ok from a distance. Not great, but much better than I thought it would be. Maybe I'll ultimately feel similarly toward the theatre... 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted October 6, 2021 at 10:34 PM Posted October 6, 2021 at 10:34 PM one thing Ive notice , doesnt look like there will be any Moshpit , those seats are really close to the stage , and I do wonder if there will be Programs on seats like we got on opening of "Celine" March 15th 2011 , if there is a Program I wonder what would they put in it ? 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:10 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:10 AM Adele… I honestly couldn't think of a more boring residency & I'm being honest not horrible when I say that, she has about 8/9 well known songs, she's a singer not an entertainer, so what is she going to bring to make this amazing in a city like Vegas. This won't last long is my guess! This is how I feel about Sam Smith. 1 Quote
ehild Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:18 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:18 AM While I understand what y'all are saying, when shows are going on, the house lights in the theater go off. Who cares what it looks like then? Lol I think they focused spending on technology, etc. And it's really hard to tell from those pics what the finished project will look like. I'm waiting to reserve judgment until it's completed. I'm hoping in person it'll look better than in a picture. To be honest: aside from the color scheme this theater is almost identical in design to The Colosseum. I did notice a giant hole in the center of the stage. I'm assuming for some kind of platform that will rise up and down. Curious to see how Céline's team incorporates that. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
scielle Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:47 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 01:47 AM I wonder is she’s still dancing and if so, whether that will in some way be incorporated into the show. Seems Naomi may have moved to BC and Pepe isn’t in Vegas yet either, so perhaps that phase for Céline is over? Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:08 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:08 AM I wonder is she’s still dancing and if so, whether that will in some way be incorporated into the show. Seems Naomi may have moved to BC and Pepe isn’t in Vegas yet either, so perhaps that phase for Céline is over?Yeah didn’t The NY Times article say Law was taking over for Pepe in the styling department? I understand he could come back for the dancing thing, but since Naomi moved, who knows. And she said in that interview with John in LV that she stopped dancing for a little while. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:15 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:15 AM (edited) For sure those black walls will be covered by LED Screens (Like Planet Hollywood Theater. About the stage. It’s so boxy. No Apron stage. The proscenium arch is a bit small. For sure the stage will be covered with black shiny thing like the new stage of caesars palace. It will be bad for the lighting. It should be gray stage like in A New Day if they want great graphic visuals on stage. I don’t think this stage will be big. I mean, they can’t extend the back since the proscenium arch is small. Those at the upper levels will never see the LED back screens if they extend the stage more at the back. So, if they want to look the stage much bigger. Céline is right. It should be clean and just her and the visuals. I guess we will never see a stage big like A New Day in this era. They make theaters with more seats than the stage For me, stage is important. Big space can do a lot of things. Which makes the show even better. Small stage looks compressed when put a lot of props just to have a great looking show. Edited October 7, 2021 at 02:19 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Nmj Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:19 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:19 AM For sure those black walls will be covered by LED Screens (Like Planet Hollywood Theater. About the stage. It’s so boxy. No Apron stage. The proscenium arch is a bit small. For sure the stage will be covered with black shiny thing like the new stage of caesars palace. It will be bad for the lighting. It should be gray stage like in A New Day if they want great graphic visuals on stage. I don’t think this stage will be big. I mean, they can’t extend the back since the proscenium arch is small. Those at the upper levels will never see the LED back screens if they extend the stage more at the back. So, if they want to look the stage much bigger. Céline is right. It should be clean and just her and the visuals. I like the gray stage when they can shine different lights on it to make each song have a different look and vibe. I hated the new stage at Caesars they downgraded. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:19 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:19 AM I like the gray stage when they can shine different lights on it to make each song have a different look and vibe. I hated the new stage at Caesars they downgraded. Exactly. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:22 AM Posted October 7, 2021 at 02:22 AM And I can’t believe it’s the Sceno Plus who designed this. I mean, seeing their works before they are really good at makinh theaters. Now, It looks… not that impressed… for now. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.