Alex_Incognito Posted September 26, 2021 at 11:04 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 11:04 PM Agreed.Even though I liked the idea, the execution of this acoustic medley just didn’t work. It felt lackluster & forced. It worked so well in her doing 1 fille et quatre types songs in the 2016 shows, but not with pop hits. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
PuraVida Posted September 27, 2021 at 01:27 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 01:27 AM a house for „only" 1.2 million Dollars? Thats quite cheap for Celine, isnt it? Why did she scale down so much? Vegas real estate is very cheap comparatively, but even so 1.2 million is a shocking number. Her first home was 5 million dollars (in like 2003 dollars) and I was shocked it was that low THEN. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 27, 2021 at 01:45 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 01:45 AM If you saw Christina's show at the Hollywood Bowl with the LA Philharmonic, THAT is how a full orchestra should sound and enhance songs. Or, we can even reference Celine's 1991 concert in Montreal where she had the orchestra----that was amazing. We need that type of orchestral power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchDNHEbqo4 Quote
Nmj Posted September 27, 2021 at 02:38 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 02:38 AM The first incarnation of “Celine”… the orchestra was used wisely afterwards they sounded watered down. The Acoustic medley felt like a nursing home sing along, especially when they turned on the colosseum lights on the audience. It wasn’t flattering and they picked 3 good uptempos to kill. Great concept on paper, terrible execution. 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:04 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:04 AM The first incarnation of “Celine”… the orchestra was used wisely afterwards they sounded watered down. The Acoustic medley felt like a nursing home sing along, especially when they turned on the colosseum lights on the audience. It wasn’t flattering and they picked 3 good uptempos to kill. Great concept on paper, terrible execution. Yet, it was still better than that horrid string medley thing she did. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
PuraVida Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:16 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:16 AM I thought Scott Price was a maestro. He is responsible for that? I'm still not sure how I would have changed it or with that songs exactly, but I do think an all-piano medley would have been cool, or one full song just with her voice and the piano. I think it is more flattering on Celine's voice than just an acoustic guitar. Quote
stone Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:28 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:28 AM I highly doubt she lives in a $1.2M house…I think she has pieces of jewelry worth more than that! Lol Also I am realtor from Boston and I’m sure house is not worth the same as my condo… even if the real estate value is significantly lower… her staff’s wing is probably $1.2M lol Quote
smw Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:35 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:35 AM (edited) If you saw Christina's show at the Hollywood Bowl with the LA Philharmonic, THAT is how a full orchestra should sound and enhance songs. Or, we can even reference Celine's 1991 concert in Montreal where she had the orchestra----that was amazing. We need that type of orchestral power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchDNHEbqo4 I was at Christina’s Hollywood Bowl show… it was lovely! & yes, the orchestra was amazing. Edited September 27, 2021 at 05:49 AM by smw 1 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted September 27, 2021 at 06:18 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 06:18 AM I was at Christina's Hollywood Bowl show… it was lovely! & yes, the orchestra was amazing. Was she able to restrain herself for the performance? I saw her live a couple of years ago at the Greek, and I almost left halfway through. She couldn't resist bludgeoning every song into an unrecognizable pulp by oversinging EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. The melodies were consistently completely lost and she was unable to convey any nuance or restraint - absolutely no emotion other than I WILL SING THIS SONG INTO SUBMISSION AND ISN'T MY VOICE AMAZING? It's a pity - Christina Aguilera has a great voice and has released some really strong songs over the years, but she's by far the worst example I've ever heard of someone who just can't stop herself from trying to turn every performance into an exercise in vocal theatrics (far worse even than late-career Whitney when she did it to disguise how deteriorated her voice had become). The more she does, the less impressive she is. That's one thing we've been lucky not to have to endure much from Céline. Sure, she can go overboard on occasion, but for the most part she understands the importance of light and dark vocal shadings, the need for variation between soft delivery and full-on belting, and the power of pure, simple, unadulterated vocals. Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:00 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:00 AM Yet, it was still better than that horrid string medley thing she did. I liked “At 17” with the strings, but the others were not that good Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:07 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:07 AM (edited) Was she able to restrain herself for the performance? I saw her live a couple of years ago at the Greek, and I almost left halfway through. She couldn't resist bludgeoning every song into an unrecognizable pulp by oversinging EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. The melodies were consistently completely lost and she was unable to convey any nuance or restraint - absolutely no emotion other than I WILL SING THIS SONG INTO SUBMISSION AND ISN'T MY VOICE AMAZING? It's a pity - Christina Aguilera has a great voice and has released some really strong songs over the years, but she's by far the worst example I've ever heard of someone who just can't stop herself from trying to turn every performance into an exercise in vocal theatrics (far worse even than late-career Whitney when she did it to disguise how deteriorated her voice had become). The more she does, the less impressive she is. That's one thing we've been lucky not to have to endure much from Céline. Sure, she can go overboard on occasion, but for the most part she understands the importance of light and dark vocal shadings, the need for variation between soft delivery and full-on belting, and the power of pure, simple, unadulterated vocals. You reminded me of this, one of the greatest SNL sketches in my memory. Maya Rudolph nailed the “over-singing diva” bit, and so brilliantly made up her own lyrics to emphasize how far singers stray from the original intention of the National Anthem being sung at these events. Luckily I don’t think she was harping on Céline at all, but definitely Xtina, Patti, and she somehow prophesied the lowest low point—the Fergie fiasco—years before it happened. Edited September 27, 2021 at 08:12 AM by Chantemoi 4 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:13 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:13 AM I thought Scott Price was a maestro. He is responsible for that? I'm still not sure how I would have changed it or with that songs exactly, but I do think an all-piano medley would have been cool, or one full song just with her voice and the piano. I think it is more flattering on Celine's voice than just an acoustic guitar. The movie medley she did for the ANDHC special was sublime. My second favorite MHWGO performance of her career, actually. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:16 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:16 AM What more if she didn’t turned down 2 movie soundtracks it would be a movie medley Beauty And The BeastBecause You Loved MeMy Heart Will Go OnI Don’t Want To Miss A ThingThere You’ll Be+ Ashes Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:17 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 08:17 AM She can even do a show full of movie soundtracks. Songs that she really recorded on studio. Quote
PuraVida Posted September 27, 2021 at 09:33 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 09:33 AM I was at Christina's Hollywood Bowl show… it was lovely! & yes, the orchestra was amazing. Then you can imagine better than any of us how Celine would sound with such a true and powerful orchestral backing! Ugh if only we had HD footage of Celine at the Hollywood Bowl like Xtina fans have of her Quote
PuraVida Posted September 27, 2021 at 09:36 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 09:36 AM Was she able to restrain herself for the performance? I saw her live a couple of years ago at the Greek, and I almost left halfway through. She couldn't resist bludgeoning every song into an unrecognizable pulp by oversinging EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. The melodies were consistently completely lost and she was unable to convey any nuance or restraint - absolutely no emotion other than I WILL SING THIS SONG INTO SUBMISSION AND ISN'T MY VOICE AMAZING? It's a pity - Christina Aguilera has a great voice and has released some really strong songs over the years, but she's by far the worst example I've ever heard of someone who just can't stop herself from trying to turn every performance into an exercise in vocal theatrics (far worse even than late-career Whitney when she did it to disguise how deteriorated her voice had become). The more she does, the less impressive she is. That's one thing we've been lucky not to have to endure much from Céline. Sure, she can go overboard on occasion, but for the most part she understands the importance of light and dark vocal shadings, the need for variation between soft delivery and full-on belting, and the power of pure, simple, unadulterated vocals. I share the same opinion of Christina for the most part. She's like the robot child vocalist of the 90s vocal divas on steroids lol. And her voice above like a C5 has been very hard to listen to for a long time. As for Celine, I always thought her main/biggest weakness was her musicality. She sometimes just makes very awkward musical/vocal choices, but in terms of her voice she is basically flawless. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 27, 2021 at 10:26 AM Posted September 27, 2021 at 10:26 AM I was at Christina’s Hollywood Bowl show… it was lovely! & yes, the orchestra was amazing.I was there too! 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Celinelife Posted September 27, 2021 at 04:32 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 04:32 PM In this interview she says it is more of a visual concert. What does that means? She also said that there might be video for this concert when the interviewer asked if she would record a DVD for this as she did for A New Day or Home Video also like she did for Celine(2011). Quote
comingback Posted September 27, 2021 at 04:56 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 04:56 PM (edited) I share the same opinion of Christina for the most part. She's like the robot child vocalist of the 90s vocal divas on steroids lol. And her voice above like a C5 has been very hard to listen to for a long time. As for Celine, I always thought her main/biggest weakness was her musicality. She sometimes just makes very awkward musical/vocal choices, but in terms of her voice she is basically flawless. robot child vocalist of the 90s vocal divas- yep, Christina has a great voice and I like some songs, but her problem is, that she can't control her voice like Whitney, Mariah and Celine in their prime. Edited September 27, 2021 at 04:57 PM by comingback Quote
scielle Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:29 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:29 PM (edited) I was also surprised when I read the news. It's not "news" though. It's Hello magazine. There's a big distinction there.People who provide content for these publications get paid pennies and on a word-count basis; they'd never make rent if they wasted time on something as trivial as research. And it shows.For one, we know she now lives in Summerlin, not Henderson.Two, Clark County property records are public. Anyone with access to Google can find the assessed value of Celine's real estate and the price paid for it. It takes 30 seconds (which, apparently is too long for Hello staff...) And no, it's not $1.2m. And it's not just one property.And as some already pointed out, value 20 years ago, when she bought it is not the same thing as value now, nor is taxable (as assessed) value necessarily equal to market value. It's a tabloid puff piece, nothing more. And certainly not factual. Edited September 27, 2021 at 05:38 PM by scielle Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:47 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:47 PM (edited) She also said that there might be video for this concert when the interviewer asked if she would record a DVD for this as she did for A New Day or Home Video also like she did for Celine(2011). No, she was asked about the type of video content that will be used during the show. She said she wanted it to be personal and for her to be in all the video instead of it just being random shots of the dessert or whatever other random visuals. She said she wanted it to be meaningful. Edited September 27, 2021 at 05:48 PM by maki_Dion-er Quote
rfkavanagh Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:55 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 05:55 PM You reminded me of this, one of the greatest SNL sketches in my memory. Maya Rudolph nailed the "over-singing diva" bit, and so brilliantly made up her own lyrics to emphasize how far singers stray from the original intention of the National Anthem being sung at these events. Luckily I don't think she was harping on Céline at all, but definitely Xtina, Patti, and she somehow prophesied the lowest low point—the Fergie fiasco—years before it happened.https://youtu.be/VUT80JVy3v4 Haha - that's pretty much what the entire Christina Aguilera concert I saw was like! So bad! I'm sorry I missed the Bowl show with LA Phil if she managed to restrain herself because with more restraint, I'm sure a concert of hers would be quite enjoyable. But my experience completely put me off paying money to have a Bowl show ruined by her unpleasant vocal theatrics. Quote
CelineTheBest5 Posted September 27, 2021 at 06:41 PM Posted September 27, 2021 at 06:41 PM Hi I'm looking for 2 tickets (front orch) for 2 nights for Celine's new residency in Resorts World.2 tickets each night (Nov 5th and Nov 6th). Thanks Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
brendanm999 Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:32 AM Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:32 AM New (I think) photo of The Theatre at Resorts World. I don’t think it was shared here. Originally posted on Twitter Sept. 21. 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:38 AM Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:38 AM New (I think) photo of The Theatre at Resorts World.I don't think it was shared here.Originally posted on Twitter Sept. 21. *queue Celine singing Work* 1 Quote
Nmj Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:43 AM Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:43 AM New (I think) photo of The Theatre at Resorts World. I don’t think it was shared here. Originally posted on Twitter Sept. 21. I wonder if Celine will have any rehearsal time in this theater before the first show. Seems to have a long way still. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:46 AM Posted September 28, 2021 at 01:46 AM Fans may have to bring their own cushions at this rate. Something tells me they are behind schedule...or are working on "Vegas construction time" 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted September 28, 2021 at 02:32 AM Posted September 28, 2021 at 02:32 AM I wonder if Celine will have any rehearsal time in this theater before the first show. Seems to have a long way still.I assume it’ll be working in a sound stage for most of rehearsals then moving there for a week or two for getting the timings right for quick changes, getting lighting calibrated and that sort of stuff. I’m sure she’s already rehearsing, just not there. We’re like 40 days out now, it’s crazy!! I’ll be on a plane in like 37 days, I can’t believe the time has really creeped up on us like this. 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
brendanm999 Posted September 29, 2021 at 12:04 AM Posted September 29, 2021 at 12:04 AM (edited) NEW photo of the entrance to The Theatre! The false wall that displayed the posters for the residencies since late June has been removed, and now a black curtain is situated in front of the doors. They must be working on finishing the entry/lobby of The Theatre. Edited September 29, 2021 at 12:04 AM by brendanm999 5 Quote
ehild Posted September 29, 2021 at 01:03 AM Posted September 29, 2021 at 01:03 AM New (I think) photo of The Theatre at Resorts World. I don’t think it was shared here. Originally posted on Twitter Sept. 21. That looks like a still shot from a video Katy Perry posted...I want to say back in July...maybe early August. I think to her insta-stories. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.