Nmj Posted September 22, 2021 at 03:10 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 03:10 PM Oh nooo! Here comes the ugly dresses! I think overall he does better job than Pepe did. 4 Quote
george_matei Posted September 22, 2021 at 04:38 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 04:38 PM I think overall he does better job than Pepe did.Agree. Is better with Law than Pepe. 1 Quote
ehild Posted September 22, 2021 at 04:52 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 04:52 PM I think overall he does better job than Pepe did. Agree. Is better with Law than Pepe.Agree with both of you there. Some of the things Pepe styled were great. Other things not so much....definitely wasn't feeling any of the combat boot looks LOL. I actually think Law's approach is timeless, classic and elegant, even with anything modern. I think he'll do a great job with the new show! 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
PuraVida Posted September 22, 2021 at 05:16 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 05:16 PM Does anyone know when exactly Pepe took over? I would like to compare their styles and looks Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 22, 2021 at 06:23 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 06:23 PM Y’all have to remember though she’s not going to wear anything she didn’t want to so we can blame Pepe or Annie or whoever we like but it all comes down to the boss! Maybe she felt he brought some youth to her look, who really knows. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Nmj Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:14 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:14 PM I still want to know what Celine means when she says a very “clean, yet warm show”… Does that mean just the stage and band… will this be a regular concert on a Vegas stage? I hope not, she doesn’t need to have a full orchestra or 700 dancers but please make this show have a great theme, it’s Vegas after all. The whole advantage of a residency is a show that is impossible to take on the road, I hope she takes advantage of that.. otherwise just tour Celine. 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:29 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:29 PM “clean, yet warm show”… I would imagine that she's translating the word "net" in her head which would be "distinct, clear-cut." In a way simple. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelineDionFreak Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:31 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:31 PM I still want to know what Celine means when she says a very “clean, yet warm show”… Does that mean just the stage and band… will this be a regular concert on a Vegas stage? I hope not, she doesn’t need to have a full orchestra or 700 dancers but please make this show have a great theme, it’s Vegas after all. The whole advantage of a residency is a show that is impossible to take on the road, I hope she takes advantage of that.. otherwise just tour Celine.You know, I was listening to the radio interview again since they reposted it, and I was thinking… I take this show will be more about having Celine be a part of everything from lights to sound to technical effects. It almost sounds as if she wants to film video shoots and have it be her on the screen while she’s simultaneously on stage. Less about what’s necessarily going on around her, to more about it being more coordinated and personal. I thought the stage in the theater illustration seemed small, but the way she’s describing this show, it kinda does make sense. Yes she’s on stage, but the literal stage isn’t going to be the center. I guess what I’m trying to say is less spectacle, more Celine. Which isn’t a bad thing! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Alex_Incognito Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:36 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:36 PM Yet this is precisely what "Celine..." was all about. That must be why the name hasn't been changed. How could they have not come up with a name for the show? 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:40 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:40 PM You know, I was listening to the radio interview again since they reposted it, and I was thinking… I take this show will be more about having Celine be a part of everything from lights to sound to technical effects. It almost sounds as if she wants to film video shoots and have it be her on the screen while she’s simultaneously on stage. Less about what’s necessarily going on around her, to more about it being more coordinated and personal. I thought the stage in the theater illustration seemed small, but the way she’s describing this show, it kinda does make sense. Yes she’s on stage, but the literal stage isn’t going to be the center. I guess what I’m trying to say is less spectacle, more Celine. Which isn’t a bad thing! No, it’s not a bad thing, but I feel as her 2nd residency and the CWT was less spectacle and more Celine already so what will different? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:55 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:55 PM Give the show a name, an amazing visual as the show photo, a song that time after time a large majority have voiced that they would most like her to sing live with a string orchestra…. “Then you look at me”. There will be no dancers or anything else to look at apart from Celine so for me this is perfect in so many levels. 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:59 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 07:59 PM (edited) Yet this is precisely what "Celine..." was all about. That must be why the name hasn't been changed. How could they have not come up with a name for the show? Celine 2011-2017 was an old Hollywood vibe show, it was very classical, not at all personal or modern. The only intimate part of the show was the acoustic medley added in later years. Edited September 22, 2021 at 08:02 PM by maki_Dion-er Quote
ehild Posted September 22, 2021 at 08:00 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 08:00 PM (edited) You know, I was listening to the radio interview again since they reposted it, and I was thinking… I take this show will be more about having Celine be a part of everything from lights to sound to technical effects. It almost sounds as if she wants to film video shoots and have it be her on the screen while she’s simultaneously on stage. Less about what’s necessarily going on around her, to more about it being more coordinated and personal. I thought the stage in the theater illustration seemed small, but the way she’s describing this show, it kinda does make sense. Yes she’s on stage, but the literal stage isn’t going to be the center. I guess what I’m trying to say is less spectacle, more Celine. Which isn’t a bad thing!I'm also now wondering if that's what she means by intimate & imaginative...more of a personal aspect for her being an open book and sharing that on stage in different ways. ETA: whatever it means, I do hope it's a different format and they do it up big. It's Vegas. She doesn't necessarily need 700 dancers or anything but something different from what she's done would be welcomed! Edited September 22, 2021 at 08:02 PM by ehild Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Alex_Incognito Posted September 22, 2021 at 08:31 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 08:31 PM Celine 2011-2017 was an old Hollywood vibe show, it was very classical, not at all personal or modern. The only intimate part of the show was the acoustic medley added in later years.The first incarnation was...it was about the voice. And it was fabulous. Then it became an ordinary comcert. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Dancing_Queen Posted September 22, 2021 at 09:10 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 09:10 PM (edited) Have we had any confirmation in regards to proof of vaccination?I've checked the AEG/AXS-websites, but can't find much. It does say that we should have received an e-mail informing us of new requirements if there were any (and refunds are already available for those shows for a *very* limited amount of time).So I guess Resorts World won?I mean, I'll still go of course (if old man Biden lets me ), but it does make me feel a bit uneasy... Edited September 22, 2021 at 09:11 PM by Dancing_Queen Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 22, 2021 at 09:22 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 09:22 PM It’s so close now! I hadn’t even realised how soon this will be now. Exciting. Come on Celine, come from under your rock 🪨 Kev x 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM I wonder how she would describe her 1987 concert special---or the one that had Starmania medleys? For me, the transitions in that show were very great and it was a "simple" yet very effective show that packed a lot of punch and passion. About the lighting, I do think that has been underutilized in Celine's career from what I've seen (but it's hard to gauge unless you're there in person) Quote
Nmj Posted September 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM Posted September 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM Give the show a name, an amazing visual as the show photo, a song that time after time a large majority have voiced that they would most like her to sing live with a string orchestra…. “Then you look at me”. There will be no dancers or anything else to look at apart from Celine so for me this is perfect in so many levels. Any more info on possible promotion of this residency soon? Quote
ehild Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:01 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:01 AM (edited) Have we had any confirmation in regards to proof of vaccination?I've checked the AEG/AXS-websites, but can't find much. It does say that we should have received an e-mail informing us of new requirements if there were any (and refunds are already available for those shows for a *very* limited amount of time).So I guess Resorts World won?I mean, I'll still go of course (if old man Biden lets me ), but it does make me feel a bit uneasy...It's here:https://www.aegpresents.com/health-policy/ ETA: I did find a brief mention RW itself wouldn't require it but the same report also their theater is technically run by AEG so I'd imagine the policy still stands. Edited September 23, 2021 at 01:08 AM by ehild Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
PuraVida Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:25 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:25 AM I wonder if Celine and/or her team signed or have to sign liability waivers. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 23, 2021 at 02:17 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 02:17 AM Yeah - it’s pretty clear. Show proton of vaccination or you won’t be allowed entry into the theater. If you have a medical or religious exemption, you must complete a form at the link ehild provided above AND show proof of a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before the concert! Applause Applause Applause!!!! 1 Quote
ehild Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:07 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:07 AM (edited) Yeah - it’s pretty clear. Show proton of vaccination or you won’t be allowed entry into the theater. If you have a medical or religious exemption, you must complete a form at the link ehild provided above AND show proof of a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before the concert! Applause Applause Applause!!!!RW actually has a covid testing site somewhere on property just outside the Hilton lobby. But, personally, I'd rather take the test before I board the plane. I'd be pissed if I flew all the way there and then couldn't go (not to mention feeling guilty for exposing ppl). At least finding out the day before I leave I'd have the chance to refund my plane ticket and sell my show ticket (if they can't refund it then...). https://www.rwlasvegas.com/about-us/health-and-safety Edited September 23, 2021 at 04:08 AM by ehild 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Dancing_Queen Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:58 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:58 AM (edited) I think some missed this article:https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/resorts-world-holds-off-authorizing-proof-of-vax-policy-2425304/ AEG doesn't own the theatre, so the final decision isn't theirs in this case. Edited September 23, 2021 at 04:58 AM by Dancing_Queen 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 23, 2021 at 05:21 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 05:21 AM Any more info on possible promotion of this residency soon? I haven’t heard anything more yet. 1 Quote
stevo Posted September 23, 2021 at 07:27 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 07:27 AM As long as the opening number is an actual Celine song. When it was Open Arms, as lovely as it was and as much as I loved her version, it just seemed such an insult to her own catalogue! The Power of Love, acapella - I’m your lady…I know it’s been done before but for people and fans who have never seen her before, it’s magical. Quote
jmiracle Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:39 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:39 AM That would be the perfect setlist for me, with the right balance between big hits and less known songs. And I think that IACBTMN has become her signature song in the last few years. It has to become the final encore : Ashes I’m Alive Where Does My Heart Beat Now Think Twice Change My Mind Dance medley : I Drove All Night / Flying On My Own / Believe (Cher) I Surrender Alone Acoustic Medley : Courage / Taking Chances / Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper) A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix) That’s The Way It Is Imperfections Encore un soir Gospel medley : New Dawn / Look At Us Now / The Hard Way The Power of Love Because You Loved Me My Heart Will Go On Encore 1 : Play Me Like A Love Song Encore 2 : It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (long version) 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:46 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:46 AM That would be the perfect setlist for me, with the right balance between big hits and less known songs. And I think that IACBTMN has become her signature song in the last few years. It has to become the final encore :Ashes I’m Alive Where Does My Heart Beat Now Think Twice Change My Mind Dance medley : I Drove All Night / Flying On My Own / Believe (Cher) I Surrender Alone Acoustic Medley : Courage / Taking Chances / Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper) A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix) That’s The Way It Is Imperfections Encore un soir Gospel medley : New Dawn / Look At Us Now / The Hard Way The Power of Love Because You Loved Me My Heart Will Go On Encore 1 : Play Me Like A Love Song Encore 2 : It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (long version) I watched an interview recently from 1996 where she said IACBTMN was her "favourite" of the Falling Into You album. Or the song that expressed the album most, something like that. It makes sense, for various reasons. Great song. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:48 AM Posted September 23, 2021 at 08:48 AM (edited) As long as the opening number is an actual Celine song. When it was Open Arms, as lovely as it was and as much as I loved her version, it just seemed such an insult to her own catalogue! The Power of Love, acapella - I'm your lady…I know it's been done before but for people and fans who have never seen her before, it's magical. I was joking when I suggested "What A Feeling" some posts back I actually think it is a fantastic show-opener because it is dance-y and the lyrics are actually quite powerful and uplifting, but yeah if you don't open with your own song there is some element of anti-climax. I really wonder what tempo they will choose for the opener. Edited September 23, 2021 at 08:48 AM by PuraVida Quote
nowanorris Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:51 PM Posted September 23, 2021 at 01:51 PM I think some missed this article:https://www.reviewjo...policy-2425304/ AEG doesn't own the theatre, so the final decision isn't theirs in this case. RW Theatre's actual IG account had posted the new policy back in August...sounds like they are on board. The Theatre at Resorts World (@rwlvtheatre) • Instagram photos and videos "For the show to go on, AEG Presents and The Theatre at Resorts World Las Vegas have updated our vaccination policy to ensure safety of fans, artists and live concert workers." 2 Quote
ehild Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:19 PM Posted September 23, 2021 at 04:19 PM RW Theatre's actual IG account had posted the new policy back in August...sounds like they are on board. The Theatre at Resorts World (@rwlvtheatre) • Instagram photos and videos "For the show to go on, AEG Presents and The Theatre at Resorts World Las Vegas have updated our vaccination policy to ensure safety of fans, artists and live concert workers."I'd imagine they'd have to be as part of their partnership. Otherwise they risk losing the partnership and until they've become more established, they need that. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.