maki_Dion-er Posted September 15, 2021 at 03:07 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 03:07 PM (edited) What are you guys gonna do when the new Vegas show will be the Courage World Tour with even he exact same visuals, but located in Vegas? Seriously, it wouldn’t surprise me. That's not gonna happen. Not only will all eyes be on this premier because it's the premier of her new show but also of RW new theater. If she does a copy paste she will be heavily criticized & they'll want to avoid that if she wants people back for the second set of shows. Celine wants her shows to be liked & do well. The hits are very likely gonna be the same, they have to be cause that's what's expected in Vegas. That doesn't mean it'll be the same show. IF they placed CWT in Vegas it'd be a sure fire way to anger a lot of fans. Her first 2 shows are for sure filled w/ a lot of hardcore fans so they would get that backlash pretty instantly. There's only one precedent of her doing this (summer tour 2018 becoming the Vegas show for the last year). That is not enough for people to be worrying that this will happen again. Edited September 15, 2021 at 03:13 PM by maki_Dion-er 6 Quote
Nmj Posted September 15, 2021 at 03:15 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 03:15 PM That's not gonna happen. Not only will all eyes be on this premier because it's the premier of her new show but also of RW new theater. If she does a copy paste she will be heavily criticized & they'll want to avoid that if she wants people back for the second set of shows. The hits are very likely gonna be the same, they have to be cause that's what's expected in Vegas. That doesn't mean it'll be the same show. IF they placed CWT in Vegas it'd be a sure fire way to anger a lot of fans. Her first 2 shows are for sure filled w/ a lot of hardcore fans so they would get that backlash pretty instantly. Absolutely won’t be copy and paste, they do like to recycle certain elements when it comes to visuals sometimes, I can see the courage fire ring staying for example if she performs the song in the new show. And I know the recipe or the show will be the same…. The hits, a crazy amount of cover songs, maybe 1 o 2 lesser known song songs or ones that haven’t been sung in decades and the stale ending of LCMM/RDMH and MHWGO. I hope I’m wrong and they totally change it up(besides the hits). 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 15, 2021 at 07:42 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 07:42 PM (edited) The idea I was replying to, the notion of her recycling the same exact show and same visuals, is also exaggerated and insulting. But as a solo performer in show business, to do a show that closely resembles your last few shows is equivalent to stumbling out of bed. When Donny Osmond is more creative than your team, something is amiss lol Osmond is an artist; Celine is an entertainer. Big difference. Edited September 15, 2021 at 07:43 PM by SuperLove4Celine Quote
browseceline Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:06 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:06 PM A few hundred. The second row seats going for $2,200 are now $1,700. The side orchestra seats which were over $1,000 are now around $700. Seats in the 5th row center orchestra (for which I paid $1,300) are now going for $975. Still insanely high prices for one evening Celine! Insane! Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Céline RO Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:57 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:57 PM Do we think Celine has spent more time sat down in meetings at a table/over Zoom with her team discussing: a] The new Vegas set list or b] The new Vegas costumes…? Honestly (may surprise you), I genuinely think she spent/spends more time discussing the set list. That always seems to be everyone’s greatest concern when planning a show. Now there is obviously no correlation between the time spent planning a certain aspect of the show and the originality of the outcome. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:58 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 08:58 PM (edited) 1631706268[/url]' post='2410376']Personally, I wouldn't be upset. For me, it's about experiencing the energy of that opening night of the theater and Celine's first time performing in front of an audience for a year and a half. It's going to be an unforgettable experience, kinda like the Millennium Concert which I was also privileged to attend. I don't care what she sings that night. I'm there for the experience. That’s me with any concert. I always go for the experience, otherwise I could just watch videos on YouTube. Edited September 15, 2021 at 08:59 PM by Céline RO 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
nuts2you Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:12 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:12 PM I just dont get it , I was just playing around with diff Nights, and I see that on some dates you can use re-sale tickets but others you can't ,,there are still alot of tickets for later dates , but I do wonder if fans want to still want go on Opening nights shows ,will they still sell them at a box office , the one that havent sold yet, I know a few fans will wait until they get there to buy tickets for those un-sold tickets , Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:29 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:29 PM I just dont get it , I was just playing around with diff Nights, and I see that on some dates you can use re-sale tickets but others you can't ,,there are still alot of tickets for later dates , but I do wonder if fans want to still want go on Opening nights shows ,will they still sell them at a box office , the one that havent sold yet, I know a few fans will wait until they get there to buy tickets for those un-sold tickets , There’s no way for any of us to know what’s going to happen ticket-wise. Quote
Nmj Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:32 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:32 PM Honestly (may surprise you), I genuinely think she spent/spends more time discussing the set list. That always seems to be everyone’s greatest concern when planning a show. Now there is obviously no correlation between the time spent planning a certain aspect of the show and the originality of the outcome. It’s a very hard decision for her to decide which dead person to pay tribute to this time…. Freddie Mercury, check.Micheal Jackson, check.Prince, checkJames Brown, check. Frank Sinatra, check.John Lennon, check. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:40 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 09:40 PM It’s a very hard decision for her to decide which dead person to pay tribute to this time…. Freddie Mercury, check.Micheal Jackson, check.Prince, checkJames Brown, check. Frank Sinatra, check.John Lennon, check. That’s why I think she should do Whitney. She already recorded Greatest Love Of All for the special. So, even if she needs to lip it, they’ve already got the track! Quote
Nmj Posted September 15, 2021 at 10:22 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 10:22 PM That’s why I think she should do Whitney. She already recorded Greatest Love Of All for the special. So, even if she needs to lip it, they’ve already got the track! In a perfect reality, I wish we wouldn’t have any more cover songs/dead people tributes….but if we have to, I agree that Whitney Houston is by far the best choice. 2 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 15, 2021 at 10:38 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 10:38 PM It’s a very hard decision for her to decide which dead person to pay tribute to this time…. Freddie Mercury, check.Micheal Jackson, check.Prince, checkJames Brown, check.Frank Sinatra, check.John Lennon, check. She'll probably do a tribute to Aretha. I could see her doing "Natural Woman" (it's off her biggest album), "Respect" and maybe "A Change Is Gonna Come." Quote
smw Posted September 15, 2021 at 11:27 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 11:27 PM (edited) I can't wait to discover what this show will be.The opening number... the overall mood of the show... the visuals... Since she's so humble, I also imagine Celine could end up doing some sort of tribute -- but I'd love for the entire show to just be about her and her own music.Celine, in my opinion, is just as iconic as anybody else. She's one of the greatest singers in history. I understand the appeal of wanting to wow fans (or people who were dragged to her show) with a totally unexpected and amazing cover song, but I want this show to be about CELINE DION. Edited September 15, 2021 at 11:30 PM by smw 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 15, 2021 at 11:53 PM Posted September 15, 2021 at 11:53 PM I can't wait to discover what this show will be.The opening number... the overall mood of the show... the visuals... Since she's so humble, I also imagine Celine could end up doing some sort of tribute -- but I'd love for the entire show to just be about her and her own music.Celine, in my opinion, is just as iconic as anybody else. She's one of the greatest singers in history. I understand the appeal of wanting to wow fans (or people who were dragged to her show) with a totally unexpected and amazing cover song, but I want this show to be about CELINE DION. Yeah, that ain't ever gonna happen. It's pretty clear Celine hates or is ashamed by most of the songs she's recorded in the past. Otherwise, she would have done more with them. So much of what she does is performative bull crap. Until she takes the time actually figure out who she actually is, we'll never see her be an artist. We'll just keep getting the same recycled crap the mainstream audience will lap up by the bucket loads, the same unimagined covers over and over and the same, uninspired "concepts" for her shows such as just her name. I love her voice, but that's about as far as it goes for me. Now, I can totally see why she was labeled as "fake" through the years. With Rene gone, it's become even more evident. 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:02 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:02 AM i could see her adding LTAL, I, Misled, TT, COML, THLAL TR,FIY ,MYH,DOL, IA,OH,TLYM, If Love is out of the question, U, ,I'm Loving every Moment with you, 1 Quote
smw Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:20 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:20 AM (edited) There's plenty of amazing moments throughout her long career that demonstrate Celine's artistry.But, like Whitney Houston, it's Celine's spectacular voice that made her a household name.... not her songwriting, etc.And there's nothing wrong with that. She's in good company. Celine is also a business woman. She has a lot riding on her shoulders, as other fans here have recently pointed out. (Family depending on her success, etc.)And she's going to do whatever it takes to put on a successful show. It's a shame some fans don't enjoy her music... I love many of her songs.And I'm not sure why you would stick around here if you don't enjoy her music?Lots of other wonderful singers / bands out there. I never expected Whitney Houston to do anything but sing in order to appreciate her "artistry."I respect Celine's artistry for her voice and her interpretations of songs. Edited September 16, 2021 at 12:36 AM by smw 2 Quote
smw Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:35 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:35 AM i could see her adding LTAL, I, Misled, TT, COML, THLAL TR,FIY ,MYH,DOL, IA,OH,TLYM, If Love is out of the question, U, ,I'm Loving every Moment with you, I would LOVE any of these! 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:03 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:03 AM I wouldn't want any more tributes. No more! I think she has some amazing songs, I think she usually uses the medleys to do upbeat songs which she never had so many off (or at least ones she was thrilled with). Someone can remind me, but I don't think she really covered many other ballads or slower songs from other singers in her shows for extended runs? I think "Everybody's Talking My Baby Down" is an amazing song of hers, would be so fun for her to include that one. Quote
Nmj Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:11 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:11 AM (edited) I wouldn't want any more tributes. No more! I think she has some amazing songs, I think she usually uses the medleys to do upbeat songs which she never had so many off (or at least ones she was thrilled with). Someone can remind me, but I don't think she really covered many other ballads or slower songs from other singers in her shows for extended runs? I think "Everybody's Talking My Baby Down" is an amazing song of hers, would be so fun for her to include that one. I can only think of “All The Way”. “What a wonderful world”, “At last”, “ at17” and “Somewhere over the rainbow”. Edited September 16, 2021 at 02:12 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:17 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:17 AM I wouldn't want any more tributes. No more! I think she has some amazing songs, I think she usually uses the medleys to do upbeat songs which she never had so many off (or at least ones she was thrilled with). Someone can remind me, but I don't think she really covered many other ballads or slower songs from other singers in her shows for extended runs? Ne me quitte pas, If I Could, Tears in Heaven, Because, TFTEISYF, Nobody Does It Better, Ben, Can’t Help Falling in Love, Nature Boy … 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:32 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 02:32 AM (edited) I can only think of "All The Way". "What a wonderful world", "At last", " at17" and "Somewhere over the rainbow". Ne me quitte pas, If I Could, Tears in Heaven, Because, TFTEISYF, Nobody Does It Better, Ben, Can't Help Falling in Love, Nature Boy … I was mostly referring to the Vegas show, but 6/15 songs y'all listed are ones she recorded at some point, so I think including those makes sense to include those. And CHFIL is pretty much one of her signature covers as well, making 7/16 as more logical choices for me. And if she included songs in a medley, it's understandable as its part of the theme of the medley. That covers a lot of the rest of them, leaving only "If I Could", "Tears In Heaven" "Because" "What A Wonderful World" "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". And besides SOTR, that was a long while in the past for those songs. And by the way, I happened to love what she did that last batch of songs, except for What A Wonderful World. Edited September 16, 2021 at 02:36 AM by PuraVida Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 16, 2021 at 04:13 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 04:13 AM About the recycling of visuals.. it’s usually done with small tours but for the residency shows. It’s always new. Just compare her 2 residency show. 1 Quote
browseceline Posted September 16, 2021 at 05:24 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 05:24 AM There's plenty of amazing moments throughout her long career that demonstrate Celine's artistry.But, like Whitney Houston, it's Celine's spectacular voice that made her a household name.... not her songwriting, etc.And there's nothing wrong with that. She's in good company. Celine is also a business woman. She has a lot riding on her shoulders, as other fans here have recently pointed out. (Family depending on her success, etc.)And she's going to do whatever it takes to put on a successful show. It's a shame some fans don't enjoy her music... I love many of her songs.And I'm not sure why you would stick around here if you don't enjoy her music?Lots of other wonderful singers / bands out there. I never expected Whitney Houston to do anything but sing in order to appreciate her "artistry."I respect Celine's artistry for her voice and her interpretations of songs. Of course most of us enjoy her music but she does not seem to be interested singing them at her concerts, except a list of songs she sings in each and every concert. Don’t call a show Courage when most of that album is neglected in that tour. Yes I know it is also about her having the Courage bla bla…but it is just like almost every setlist we have seen in the last couple of years. About the business aspect, I totally understand that , esspecially in these times, she cannot mess too much with that setlist and tries to cater the masses. Totally understandable, not surprising either. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nmj Posted September 16, 2021 at 06:09 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 06:09 AM Of course most of us enjoy her music but she does not seem to be interested singing them at her concerts, except a list of songs she sings in each and every concert. Don’t call a show Courage when most of that album is neglected in that tour. Yes I know it is also about her having the Courage bla bla…but it is just like almost every setlist we have seen in the last couple of years. About the business aspect, I totally understand that , esspecially in these times, she cannot mess too much with that setlist and tries to cater the masses. Totally understandable, not surprising either. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk I’ve said it before and I’ll say It again, she could change the setlist and keep the necessary hits and still have plenty of room to please everyone. The songs that have to be there in a English show:1. MHWGO2. BYLM3. IACBTMN 4. TPOL5. ABM6.TTWII7.ANDHC songs that could take a break and people would be okay: 8. BATB9.I’m Alive And songs that could go bye bye, 10. LCMM11. RDMH CELINE could do all her hits and still have room 13-14 songs in the setlist even if she did 3 cover songs that should still be about 10 songs she should bring to the stage from her back catalogues new albums etc. 2 Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 16, 2021 at 08:25 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 08:25 AM I’ve said it before and I’ll say It again, she could change the setlist and keep the necessary hits and still have plenty of room to please everyone. The songs that have to be there in a English show:1. MHWGO2. BYLM3. IACBTMN4. TPOL5. ABM6.TTWII7.ANDHC songs that could take a break and people would be okay: 8. BATB9.I’m Alive And songs that could go bye bye, 10. LCMM11. RDMH CELINE could do all her hits and still have room 13-14 songs in the setlist even if she did 3 cover songs that should still be about 10 songs she should bring to the stage from her back catalogues new albums etc.This! Quote
Shaun Posted September 16, 2021 at 08:54 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 08:54 AM She could potentially add any song she’s performed before. It would be very very unusual for her to pluck a song from her back catalogue that she’s never performed before. Even when she added the likes of “Over The Rainbow” and “Imagine”, she’s performed them years previously. Heck it would even be so refreshing for her to open with MHWGO just to mix things up a bit. 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
DionFanAlways Posted September 16, 2021 at 10:03 AM Posted September 16, 2021 at 10:03 AM Am I the only one that would not want a tribute to Whitney? (and btw, I love Whitney) Celine should try singing a tribute to herself. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
daccord_12 Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:03 PM Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:03 PM Am I the only one that would not want a tribute to Whitney? (and btw, I love Whitney) Celine should try singing a tribute to herself. Exactly!!!!!!!! 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM Posted September 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM I’ve said it before and I’ll say It again, she could change the setlist and keep the necessary hits and still have plenty of room to please everyone. The songs that have to be there in a English show:1. MHWGO2. BYLM3. IACBTMN4. TPOL5. ABM6.TTWII7.ANDHC I say take out All By Myself. And ANDHC should only be included depending on the rest of the setlist imho. Quote
scielle Posted September 16, 2021 at 01:02 PM Posted September 16, 2021 at 01:02 PM Am I the only one that would not want a tribute to Whitney? (and btw, I love Whitney) Celine should try singing a tribute to herself. You’re not. Would be a terrible move and only invite comparisons; an entirely unnecessary distraction. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.