jpatdeleon09 Posted September 18, 2021 at 06:55 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 06:55 AM LOL to #FREEJAVITO. I mean, he’s not blocked anymore in this forum he can go back but he doesn’t want to. 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:39 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:39 AM "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word)" is the song that killed her singles career. It's also boring as hell. I'd rather she sing a great ballad. It’s actually a beautifully composed song, and the lyrics are a bit deeper than most of her English works. It’s definitely a niche subject, but not something that shouldn’t be appreciated by anyone who loves their mom. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
sarit_celine Posted September 18, 2021 at 09:55 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 09:55 AM Artists like Ricky Martin are going to have their tours going on so I don't see any reason it won't happen for Celine.The only thing I hate about it, is the mandatory injections. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
sarit_celine Posted September 18, 2021 at 09:58 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 09:58 AM LOL to #FREEJAVITO. I mean, he’s not blocked anymore in this forum he can go back but he doesn’t want to. If I was to get warning after being attacked and offened for long period of time, I either won't agree with these warningsjust so I can write over this board. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
ryba Posted September 18, 2021 at 10:45 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 10:45 AM (edited) "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word)" is the song that killed her singles career. It's also boring as hell. I'd rather she sing a great ballad.whaaat? LOL I love this song!! It gives me goosebombs! I truly enjoy listening to it and I highly appreciate its proper production. The instruments and her voice sound so cristal clear, and the backing vocals are so beautiful. It is a very well prodced song and definitely deserved a release as a single, but unfortunately the public didn't appreciate it. In the charts she would be better off with an uptempo song. But it's definitely a real gem in her catalogue. Also, I think that just because this song wasn't on the top of the charts, they could still follow up with Sorry For Love and not just let the ANDHC album die. Edited September 18, 2021 at 10:47 AM by ryba 1 Quote
comingback Posted September 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM (edited) My setlist 1. Love Can Move Mountains2. The Power Of Love3. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now4. Courage5. Immortality6. Call The Man7. L' amour existe encore8. Where is the Love9. Because You Loved Me10. Have You Ever Been in Love11. Nothing Broken But My Heart12. Alone13. Somebody Loves Somebody 14. Misled15. One Heart16. That’s The Way It Is17. A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)18. My Heart Will Go On Edited September 18, 2021 at 10:51 AM by comingback Quote
PuraVida Posted September 18, 2021 at 11:39 AM Posted September 18, 2021 at 11:39 AM Have You Ever Been In Love and Goodbye's (The Saddest Word) kind of occupy the same place in my mind. I would leave them both out and choose "I Want You To Need Me" instead 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 18, 2021 at 01:37 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 01:37 PM (edited) It’s actually a beautifully composed song, and the lyrics are a bit deeper than most of her English works. It’s definitely a niche subject, but not something that shouldn’t be appreciated by anyone who loves their mom. Actually implies that that’s a fact. And it’s an opinion lol. Give be HYEBIL instead. Edited September 18, 2021 at 01:38 PM by Alex_Incognito Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
AdrienneM Posted September 18, 2021 at 03:20 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 03:20 PM I think it’s also important to note that it’s very possible that Celine may just not be able to sing the song on an emotional level anymore; lipped elements or not. I still remember people moaning about how she should’ve sang it in Miami the day her mother passed... which in my opinion is just a bit sadistic really. Would’ve been like asking Celine to sing TCOML or Je’taime Encore the first show back after Rene passed. Just too much. And I can’t blame her if that is the case; actually standing and singing a song about saying goodbye to your mother and how you’ll see her again (aka, in another life) after she has passed away is just a lot to ask of someone 2 Quote
Nmj Posted September 18, 2021 at 03:55 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 03:55 PM I think it’s also important to note that it’s very possible that Celine may just not be able to sing the song on an emotional level anymore; lipped elements or not. I still remember people moaning about how she should’ve sang it in Miami the day her mother passed... which in my opinion is just a bit sadistic really. Would’ve been like asking Celine to sing TCOML or Je’taime Encore the first show back after Rene passed. Just too much. And I can’t blame her if that is the case; actually standing and singing a song about saying goodbye to your mother and how you’ll see her again (aka, in another life) after she has passed away is just a lot to ask of someone No more difficult than singing ABM was the first show back after Rene died. Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 18, 2021 at 04:18 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 04:18 PM No more difficult than singing ABM was the first show back after Rene died. But she literally broke down while singing the song. Why would anyone want to see her suffer like that just for a tribute song to her mom? 1 Quote
Nmj Posted September 18, 2021 at 04:24 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 04:24 PM But she literally broke down while singing the song. Why would anyone want to see her suffer like that just for a tribute song to her mom? I’m not saying I want to see that or not. That’s Celine’s choice but she isn’t a flake she likes to show emotion in performance, remember she sang the night her mom and dad passed away, she also could’ve cut “All By Myself” out of the show for awhile after Rene passed away, yet she chose to “tackle” it head on. 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted September 18, 2021 at 05:20 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 05:20 PM I’m not saying I want to see that or not. That’s Celine’s choice but she isn’t a flake she likes to show emotion in performance, remember she sang the night her mom and dad passed away, she also could’ve cut “All By Myself” out of the show for awhile after Rene passed away, yet she chose to “tackle” it head on. I think just how much Rene enjoyed All By Myself, the reaction it got out of audiences and the way it was a statement in a show for him was very much a motivating factor for her to keep it in. Otherwise, I’m sure it would’ve been cut. GTSW is different however, she nor her mother ever discussed a major connection to the song, or any reason for her to even perform it... it was probably hard enough to record whilst her mother was still alive and healthy, now that she’s passed it would probably tear her to pieces. I might just be speaking for myself, but seeing Celine distraught on stage isn’t something im into. 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:38 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:38 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJYQEzqmp0 I could see her putting this into her set list Quote
nuts2you Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:44 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:44 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqAMST8q1Os this one as well Quote
Nmj Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:45 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 07:45 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJYQEzqmp0 I could see her putting this into her set list Yeah for a couple nights before it gets cut like always lol. She seems to always want to add that song and it never lasts. Must be difficult for her at this stage in her life. I truly believe that “The Reason” is one of her most favorite English songs. Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:11 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:11 PM (edited) "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word)" is the song that killed her singles career. It's also boring as hell. I'd rather she sing a great ballad.Well I really love GTSW but to each his own. I think it's not fair to say that this song killed her single career because it wasn't that well appreciated by the public and it did not well on the charts because of that. I mean she had songs with the same happening way earlier, think about miles to go (it was a single, atleast if you believe wikipedia in that case) and the fact that a song does not so well on the charts doesn't kill anything...After 2003 anything what happend is normal, even for a singer with the status like Celine Edited September 18, 2021 at 08:12 PM by ordinary fan Quote
smw Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:33 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:33 PM (edited) It would be wonderful if she added Think Twice to her setlist for this show. It wasn't a hit in the US, but it doesn't matter.... it's a phenomenal song, and I think audiences would really enjoy it. It's such a quintessential / classic Celine Dion song.... full of drama. One of her very best. They could create a moody atmosphere for it in the show. Edited September 18, 2021 at 08:33 PM by smw 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:38 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:38 PM It would be wonderful if she added Think Twice to her setlist for this show. It wasn't a hit in the US, but it doesn't matter.... it's a phenomenal song, and I think audiences would really enjoy it. It's such a quintessential / classic Celine Dion song.... full of drama. One of her very best. They could create a moody atmosphere for it in the show. Somehow she hasn't had as much trouble with the big note from that song as others. It's always held up pretty well. I wonder what it is that makes songs hits in some places and not others...why some countries and cultures embrace some songs and others not? Maybe it has to do with what's on the radio at the same time during that period 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:41 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:41 PM You’d think she would add Think Twice. And I think she sounds amazing in her current voice performing it. Though God only knows if the usa will ever open back up to europeans Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
PuraVida Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:49 PM Posted September 18, 2021 at 08:49 PM LOL to #FREEJAVITO. I mean, he’s not blocked anymore in this forum he can go back but he doesn’t want to. Even if he wanted to be free, the Mods are one a verrrrryyyy long holiday so I doubt anyone would be around to unlock his cell. Lo siento Javito. Fuerza!!! 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:14 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:14 AM If I was to get warning after being attacked and offened for long period of time, I either won't agree with these warningsjust so I can write over this board. That’s why he’s not coming back but he can go back if he wants to. He’s now free to do what he wants to do unlike before where he was blocked by the admin Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:15 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:15 AM Even if he wanted to be free, the Mods are one a verrrrryyyy long holiday so I doubt anyone would be around to unlock his cell. Lo siento Javito. Fuerza!!! I don’t think there’s an admin anymore. Someone has to replace them now. Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted September 19, 2021 at 03:12 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 03:12 AM I echo the sentiment if A World to Believe In coming for this show! It’s my favorite song off of TC, and it has so been under represented. I know it’s got the key modulation at the end, but if she lowered it a tone she could easily do it live every night. With the costumes, lighting and the overall spectacle, it would be amazing! 4 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 19, 2021 at 03:45 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 03:45 AM (edited) I echo the sentiment if A World to Believe In coming for this show! It’s my favorite song off of TC, and it has so been under represented. I know it’s got the key modulation at the end, but if she lowered it a tone she could easily do it live every night. With the costumes, lighting and the overall spectacle, it would be amazing! “A World To Believe In” would be very fitting considering the times we’re all in right now. Edited September 19, 2021 at 03:45 AM by SuperLove4Celine 6 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted September 19, 2021 at 04:03 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 04:03 AM “A World To Believe In” would be very fitting considering the times we’re all in right now.Yes! I really feel like this song and Ashes in particular are perfect for the world we live in presently! 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
comingback Posted September 19, 2021 at 09:03 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 09:03 AM It would be wonderful if she added Think Twice to her setlist for this show. It wasn't a hit in the US, but it doesn't matter.... it's a phenomenal song, and I think audiences would really enjoy it. It's such a quintessential / classic Celine Dion song.... full of drama. One of her very best. They could create a moody atmosphere for it in the show.Somehow she hasn't had as much trouble with the big note from that song as others. It's always held up pretty well. I wonder what it is that makes songs hits in some places and not others...why some countries and cultures embrace some songs and others not? Maybe it has to do with what's on the radio at the same time during that periodYou’d think she would add Think Twice. And I think she sounds amazing in her current voice performing it. Though God only knows if the usa will ever open back up to europeans Yes, Kelly Clarkson sang TT on American Idol and the jury said, that she has a great voice but the song is boring and was not successful WTF. Quote
comingback Posted September 19, 2021 at 09:34 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 09:34 AM (edited) But she literally broke down while singing the song. Why would anyone want to see her suffer like that just for a tribute song to her mom? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok-O_KzZ07w Yes, I don't want Celine to breakdown on stage, while singing ABM or GTSW. Edited September 19, 2021 at 09:35 AM by comingback Quote
PuraVida Posted September 19, 2021 at 10:02 AM Posted September 19, 2021 at 10:02 AM I don't think there's an admin anymore. Someone has to replace them now. I volunteer as tribute!! ...just kidding no I don't lol Quote
Nmj Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:50 PM Posted September 19, 2021 at 02:50 PM You’d think she would add Think Twice. And I think she sounds amazing in her current voice performing it. Though God only knows if the usa will ever open back up to europeans Somehow, she thinks that the USA only wants to hear the scream fest version of “Love Can Move Mountains.” It’s funny how they look at success of different songs and add certain songs in certain areas of the world (like TT in Europe and TLYM in Asia)…. But they don’t bother to have anymore creativity in the setlist besides a song here or there. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.