PuraVida Posted September 24, 2021 at 03:14 AM Posted September 24, 2021 at 03:14 AM (edited) I wonder if we will eventually get any videos of hecklers in the audience or crowd related to masks, masking up, vaccines. We should honor and mourn those we have lost. That is most important. But on a smaller scale I think it is sad this pandemic has taken some great years away from Celine's career. Edited September 24, 2021 at 03:15 AM by PuraVida Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 24, 2021 at 03:28 AM Posted September 24, 2021 at 03:28 AM It might help if I break it down for you why this is an opinion. By the way, I completely respect yours, but disagree. The following quotes are from the Wikipedia article on Discrimination (forgive me for using Wikipedia): "Discrimination is the act of making unjustified distinctions1 between human beings based on the groups, classes, or other categories to which they are perceived to belong2." "It involves restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to members of another group." 1Unjustified distinction: Barring ticketholders from entering the venue2other categories to which they are perceived to belong: unvaccinated against COVID-19 Your examples of seatbelts and drunk driving laws* don't involve distinctions based on groups, classes, or other categories. They are not examples of discrimination for that reason. The example of legal drinking age laws involves a distinction based on age group, so one could argue that it is discriminatory. However, I would argue that the distinction is clearly justified by comprehensive statistics, and the vast majority of the public (at this point in time) accepts that. Since we can disagree over whether requiring proof of vaccination to enter the venue is justified, the statement that requiring proof of vaccination is discriminatory is an opinion. Moreover, the opposing opinion which you expressed is not a fact, and cannot be a fact because one can argue whether the distinction is justified. Your opinion that AEG's original vaccine policy (not being enforced as written) did not constitute discrimination would only be a fact if it didn't involve different treatment based on a person's group affiliation. Not to mention, a huge portion (some surveys suggest a majority) of the U.S. population, including many vaccinated people, think the distinction is unjustified, unlike your drinking age example where it's a social norm. I'm admitting that my statement is an opinion, and I respect yours, but it's incorrect to suggest that my opinion is misinformation and that yours is a fact. You can argue that it is not discrimination, and there are ample statistics and resources to build your argument, but that doesn't make it a fact. I can do the same, and it still won't be a fact. *for the most part; state laws vary and often have stricter penalties for underage drivers, so this one can possibly be argued. But the distinction can be justified based on the statistics of unvaccinated vs vaccinated people being the vast majority of people who have died from Covid since the vaccines have been available. It’s a public health issue. And there are huge responsibilities that come into play. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 24, 2021 at 04:33 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 04:33 PM Between COVID, morons thinking mandatory vaccines are “discrimination” and the show likely to have a boring AF setlist (again), I’m quite happy with sitting out this residency. Good luck to all of you who decide to go. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 24, 2021 at 04:40 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 04:40 PM Between COVID, morons thinking mandatory vaccines are "discrimination" and the show likely to have a boring AF setlist (again), I'm quite happy with sitting out this residency. Good luck to all of you who decide to go. Thanks! I can't freaking wait to experience opening night of the residency, the theater, and the insane energy coming from Celine having not performed in a year and a half. It's going to be an unforgettable night! 5 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 24, 2021 at 05:26 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 05:26 PM Between COVID, morons thinking mandatory vaccines are "discrimination" and the show likely to have a boring AF setlist (again), I'm quite happy with sitting out this residency. Good luck to all of you who decide to go.Thanks, pussycat 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 24, 2021 at 07:23 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 07:23 PM (edited) I wonder if we will eventually get any videos of hecklers in the audience or crowd related to masks, masking up, vaccines. We should honor and mourn those we have lost. That is most important. But on a smaller scale I think it is sad this pandemic has taken some great years away from Celine's career. It’s also given her a break, time with family and hopefully it has also made her miss what she does and yes given her hopefully sometime to give her some great ideas for the residency and some new tweaks for the tour during this time off. As a fan I was also ready for the break from her, which makes me more excited about this new chapter and her return. Edited September 24, 2021 at 07:25 PM by Shamrock_1982 3 Quote
Nmj Posted September 24, 2021 at 07:36 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 07:36 PM It’s also given her a break, time with family and hopefully it has also made her miss what she does and yes given her hopefully sometime to give her some great ideas for the residency and some new tweaks for the tour during this time off. As a fan I was also ready for the break from her, which makes me more excited about this new chapter and her return. I think the fans needed a break from the same old same old. That last incarnation of her Vegas residency (in particular the last couple months) were some of the most un inspired shows I’ve ever seen from Celine. Hopefully she’s hungry to do this again after this break and not just do it but turn on her creativity. 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 24, 2021 at 08:53 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 08:53 PM I'm down to 40 days left before I head that way, I so cant wait 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 24, 2021 at 09:27 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 09:27 PM It's also given her a break, time with family and hopefully it has also made her miss what she does and yes given her hopefully sometime to give her some great ideas for the residency and some new tweaks for the tour during this time off. As a fan I was also ready for the break from her, which makes me more excited about this new chapter and her return. The reason many were ready for a break from her is because Vegas sucks the life out of her and her art lol Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 24, 2021 at 10:48 PM Posted September 24, 2021 at 10:48 PM Thanks, pussycat Meow Quote
nuts2you Posted September 25, 2021 at 01:50 PM Posted September 25, 2021 at 01:50 PM UPDATE 9/23/2021: The Theatre at Resorts World box office just said today that attendees are NOT required to be vaccinated, but that masks will be required for all attendees for Celine's November shows. So happy to see that Resorts World does not plan to discriminate against their customers, and wants to keep everyone safe with a mask requirement! Ok, so I have a question, Do You have to wear a mask or not to get into the venue , and does anyone know if you can still buy tickets at the Box office as well Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 25, 2021 at 02:11 PM Posted September 25, 2021 at 02:11 PM Ok, so I have a question, Do You have to wear a mask or not to get into the venue , and does anyone know if you can still buy tickets at the Box office as well Masks are obligatory in Las Vegas buildings, so yes. Regarding whether or not you can purchase tickets at the box office, nobody is sure of those details yet at the box office isn’t even open yet. I would imagine, but I wouldn’t count on it. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
comingback Posted September 25, 2021 at 03:28 PM Posted September 25, 2021 at 03:28 PM (edited) https://www.hellomag...-inside-photos/ Celine Dion's $1.2m mansion with three sons is the epitome of style Singer Celine lives in Las Vegas with her sons Edited September 25, 2021 at 03:29 PM by comingback 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 25, 2021 at 08:31 PM Posted September 25, 2021 at 08:31 PM Ok just thinking here but….. the fact Celine is off from November… could this mean new music? Like I say probably dreaming Kev x Quote
Céline RO Posted September 25, 2021 at 09:44 PM Posted September 25, 2021 at 09:44 PM Ok just thinking here but….. the fact Celine is off from November… could this mean new music? Like I say probably dreaming Kev x Well she’s been off for a year and a half and… nothing… so sweet dreams! 4 Quote The best is yet to come...
PuraVida Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:48 AM Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:48 AM Ok just thinking here but….. the fact Celine is off from November… could this mean new music? Like I say probably dreaming Kev x sweet dreams are made of these--who am I to disagree? 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:03 AM Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:03 AM Listening to "Send Me A Lover" ..... this song could be a showstopper in her new residency! 1 Quote
ryba Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:43 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:43 PM (edited) https://www.hellomag...-inside-photos/ Celine Dion's $1.2m mansion with three sons is the epitome of style Singer Celine lives in Las Vegas with her sons a house for „only“ 1.2 million Dollars? Thats quite cheap for Celine, isnt it? Why did she scale down so much? Edited September 26, 2021 at 02:43 PM by ryba Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:55 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 02:55 PM a house for „only“ 1.2 million Dollars? Thats quite cheap for Celine, isnt it? Why did she scale down so much? I think she doesn’t like big houses in Las Vegas. Her previous home in Las Vegas that can be seen in A New Day was not that huge like it’s a bungalow house and the interior is a bit…. not spacious. Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:09 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:09 PM a house for „only“ 1.2 million Dollars? Thats quite cheap for Celine, isnt it? Why did she scale down so much? I was also surprised when I read the news. Celine has sold at least three homes in recent years for tens of millions of dollars. 1.2 million is a pretty low amount for someone with an estimated fortune of 800 million dollars. She probably wants to raise her children in a "normal" home without many extravagances. But I bet her closet/warehouse must have cost the same as this house. Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
ryba Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:15 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:15 PM (edited) Maybe there are some money issues or debt after Renes death? Who knows. Why else would she sell all her properties? It’s a good form of investment and she got rid of them all, like she needed quick cash Edited September 26, 2021 at 03:15 PM by ryba Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:17 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 03:17 PM (edited) The article seems to be about her old Henderson home, not the new Summerlin one. Edited September 26, 2021 at 03:24 PM by Dancing_Queen 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:06 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:06 PM Real estate is also less expensive in Vegas as opposed to many other parts of the US. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:20 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 04:20 PM Well, that explains it Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 26, 2021 at 06:21 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 06:21 PM (edited) People buy and sell all the time. I don't see it as a red flag. She stated some time back that buying property was like "monopoly" to her. (paraphrasing I think) Edited September 26, 2021 at 06:22 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
AdrienneM Posted September 26, 2021 at 06:52 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 06:52 PM I think they’re referring to the old one in Henderson, which in 2003 would’ve been around $1.2 million. The new one however? Probably clearing $8 million for the size of it and amenities alone 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 26, 2021 at 07:16 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 07:16 PM For 10 years we’ve been lucky to hear Celine with an orchestra or a rather large band. From what it sounds, this will be much more strip down or they will use digital recordings. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
rfkavanagh Posted September 26, 2021 at 08:25 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 08:25 PM Realistically, I don't think there's any chance her house cost only $1.2MM. (My house is almost worth that, and let me tell you there's nothing luxurious or spacious about it!) Vegas may be a cheaper market than LA, but not that cheap - and certainly not in a form to meet Céline's needs/wants. As for her selling other properties, now is an excellent time to sell, and that may not last too much longer. She can sell spare properties at a big profit now, buy new properties much cheaper when the market drops in the next couple of years. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 26, 2021 at 09:57 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 09:57 PM (edited) For 10 years we’ve been lucky to hear Celine with an orchestra or a rather large band. From what it sounds, this will be much more strip down or they will use digital recordings.Yeah it sounds that way. This is just me talking but I really didn't care for her acoustic medley sessions. They just seemed to lack energy for me. I guess I need a musical score, the whole enchilada! Case in point: Zzzzzz Edited September 26, 2021 at 09:58 PM by DionFanAlways 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
smw Posted September 26, 2021 at 10:36 PM Posted September 26, 2021 at 10:36 PM Yeah it sounds that way. This is just me talking but I really didn't care for her acoustic medley sessions. They just seemed to lack energy for me. I guess I need a musical score, the whole enchilada! Case in point: Zzzzzz Agreed.Even though I liked the idea, the execution of this acoustic medley just didn’t work. It felt lackluster & forced. 5 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.