Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

For what it’s worth -

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

They also just opened and already have 4 headliners, who I'm sure are getting paid $$$$$. It's wise they're thinking somewhat ahead and not over extending themselves. Once the other 4 start, I'm sure they'll start seeing bigger profits.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

They also just opened and already have 4 headliners, who I'm sure are getting paid $$$$$. It's wise they're thinking somewhat ahead and not over extending themselves. Once the other 4 start, I'm sure they'll start seeing bigger profits.

 

One would hope so… at the moment there isn’t much to draw people in. It’s just a big mall at the far end of the strip.

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but Adele is so overrated.

 

Somehow the world thought she was the best singer in the world forgetting the nineties completely. I think the industry wanted a new good singer and marketed her at so, and the masses went along.

 

When you hear so many people who can do parodies of Adele with justice at the drop of a hat…. Is she really that good? She sounds amazing but not incredible.

 

I like a few songs but I couldn’t listen to a whole album. She is so depressing….

 

Kev x

Edited by Peppercorn1991
  • Like 7
Posted

Celine must be such a strange mix of excited and nervous for this. It's been - what - 18 months or so since she was last on stage? That's one of the longest off-stage breaks of her career!

And it must be daunting to undertake such a big new project without Rene. CWT was as well, of course, but a new residency, after the generation she spent at Caesars....that's a high bar, especially when you consider the standard she set for herself, and for the industry, with that residency (or those residencies, plural). Expectations are high, and I think RW really needs this to work, and for the long haul.

  • Like 5
Posted

Celine must be such a strange mix of excited and nervous for this. It's been - what - 18 months or so since she was last on stage? That's one of the longest off-stage breaks of her career!

And it must be daunting to undertake such a big new project without Rene. CWT was as well, of course, but a new residency, after the generation she spent at Caesars....that's a high bar, especially when you consider the standard she set for herself, and for the industry, with that residency (or those residencies, plural). Expectations are high, and I think RW really needs this to work, and for the long haul.

 

She has to be feeling everything you mentioned… on top of all of that, she retakes her place in Vegas after 18 months away in a new venue with a new show… she must also be trying to navigate this whole new world in the Covid era. Celine has mostly been away for the entire pandemic thus far, and now in a matter of a month she will be skyrocketed right back into “normal life” again, but a life where 5 thousand fans will be screaming for her night after night. For me after the initial shutdowns…human interaction again was definitely hard and I was a bit anxious at first, but I didn’t have do that with the spotlight on me.

 

Anyways, it’s an exciting time again, for life to feel a bit “normal” again, and Celine in Vegas definitely feels normal.

  • Like 3
Posted
For anyone who has been to Vegas lately, what’s the buzz like around the city generally? Is it quite busy? Or are the effects of Covid still very apparent?
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Can't wait. If Sony/TC were smart, they would celebrate the opening of the new Vegas show and the 40th stage anniversary with the new docu and all her concert-tours (TCOML-Courage) on Netflix or Youtube. And of course a special DVD Box for the fans.

+ Her hits would be back in the charts.

Edited by comingback
  • Like 4
Posted

For anyone who has been to Vegas lately, what’s the buzz like around the city generally? Is it quite busy? Or are the effects of Covid still very apparent?

 

I follow a vegas travel blogger and lately it looks to be quite busy on the strip, although quiet a few stores and places to eat within the hotels are still closed and there are alot of anti vaccine protests on the strip at the moment but yeah it’s getting back to how it was.

  • Like 1
Posted

I’m sorry but Adele is so overrated.

 

Somehow the world thought she was the best singer in the world forgetting the nineties completely. I think the industry wanted a new good singer and marketed her at so, and the masses went along.

 

When you hear so many people who can do parodies of Adele with justice at the drop of a hat…. Is she really that good? She sounds amazing but not incredible.

 

I like a few songs but I couldn’t listen to a whole album. She is so depressing….

 

Kev x

 

I think she has an incredible voice. People may be able to mimic her sound, but they can’t get the exact emotion Adele puts behind the beautiful lyrics she writes.

  • Like 3

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

I think she has an incredible voice. People may be able to mimic her sound, but they can’t get the exact emotion Adele puts behind the beautiful lyrics she writes.

Plus vocal performance is but one barometer of quality. If that’s all there was to it, we’d be missing out on hundreds of brilliant artists. Many are more interested in other things - lyrics, melody, arrangements, instrumentation, etc. Vocals are just one aspect of the package.

Posted
Rehearsals are beginning tomorrow right? I know one of the band members mentioned the 6th on Facebook. So I hope we will hear something about the show soon!
  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

Rehearsals are beginning tomorrow right? I know one of the band members mentioned the 6th on Facebook. So I hope we will hear something about the show soon!

 

Which band member is that?

 

Posted
The stage and backstage areas of the theatre are finished I’ve heard, but apparently the other areas are yet to be completed so I would imagine the pressure is now on for them!
Posted
I can’t believe opening night is almost here!
  • Like 1
Posted

 

Plus vocal performance is but one barometer of quality. If that’s all there was to it, we’d be missing out on hundreds of brilliant artists. Many are more interested in other things - lyrics, melody, arrangements, instrumentation, etc. Vocals are just one aspect of the package.

true. I always wonder why the arrangements of Celines 1996 tour were so poor and plain. It was a real shame. When you listen to the live in Zurich concert it is really dissappointing
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

One month to the opening night!! Are Celine's marketing members alive? :wacko:

 

 

It’s more Resort World’s responsibility to handle the marketing campaign. Like the giant pinball game video. Who knows what their plan is? Right now, opening night has no tickets available and the rest of November’s run seems pretty well sold. They may not feel the need to market the show. With all the money they’ve sunk into the resort, I’m sure they want to spend as little as they need to on marketing. If the show is selling, why spend money to promote it?

Posted

It's more Resort World's responsibility to handle the marketing campaign. Like the giant pinball game video. Who knows what their plan is? Right now, opening night has no tickets available and the rest of November's run seems pretty well sold. They may not feel the need to market the show. With all the money they've sunk into the resort, I'm sure they want to spend as little as they need to on marketing. If the show is selling, why spend money to promote it?

It's true, its selling pretty well, but we suffer :cry:

Posted

 

 

Which band member is that?

jeff Smallwood
Posted (edited)

Well, looks like Adele is headed to either Caesars or Park MGM in 2022 - https://www.billboar...ency-new-album/

 

 

"As speculation grows around a new Adele album, the superstar singer is considering a Las Vegas residency in 2022, sources tell Billboard.

Adele is currently shopping for options and, according to sources, she is considering either the Park Theater at the Park MGM Las Vegas or the Colosseum at Caesars Palace -- both of which are run by Live Nation and have available dates on their calendars for 2022."

 

Celine getting her due in the write-up:

 

"The modern residency was pioneered by Celine Dion at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in March 2003, beginning a run that would last 16 years, include more than 1,000 shows and gross well north of $681 million in ticket sales. Since Dion's debut, hundreds of artists have tried their hand at Vegas residencies, including, most recently, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Usher, Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, Rod Stewart and Sting. Once considered the domain of artists long past their peak, today's Las Vegas residency shows are big business, generating millions in sales. Adele would be one of the rare artists to play a Las Vegas residency during what many consider to be a new creative peak in her career."

Edited by scielle
  • Like 3
Posted

Well, RW is promoting Katy Perry - https://www.instagra...edium=copy_link

Perhaps that one needs help. Or perhaps they're just getting started and there's more content to come on the other headliners.

 

Yeah, I just did a quick look through the other 3 headliners' dates. There are A LOT more tickets available for their shows.

Posted

 

 

Yeah, I just did a quick look through the other 3 headliners' dates. There are A LOT more tickets available for their shows.

 

Their shows are also further off.

Posted

Well, RW is promoting Katy Perry - https://www.instagra...edium=copy_link

Perhaps that one needs help. Or perhaps they're just getting started and there's more content to come on the other headliners.

 

This seriously :censored: me off. Katy Perry's show starts at THE END OF :censored: DECEMBER! Celine's historic THIRD RESIDENCY and Resort World's NEW THEATRE OPEN IN ONE MONTH! I can tell you which SHOULD be the bigger headline. I'm seriously scared about whether or not any decent promo is going to be done. UGH! :ranting:

  • Like 1

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted (edited)

Everything is so down to the wire… with the RW theater not even completed yet and Celine’s show opens in 4 weeks. Pretty crazy! I hope that doesn’t stress out Celine - and she’s able to just focus on & enjoy creating her show.

 

We probably won’t get a ton of promotion, but I imagine we’ll get some pretty soon. Then they’ll have way more promo materials once the show is up and running.

 

I wonder if they’ll capture video footage from the dress rehearsals for official trailers? Or just capture some footage from the first few shows.

 

& did we ever find out if Celine & her team have been rehearsing elsewhere before now? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just been lots of preparations / meetings so far, and they’re just now getting it on its feet for the first time.

 

Regardless, I hope it all comes together beautifully - and I hope Celine feels great about this new show. I’m personally hoping for at least some spectacle / amazing visuals so that audiences are wowed. :)

 

More than anything, I hope her voice sounds rested & Celine really enjoys this new show.

 

Edited by smw
  • Like 1
Posted
My biggest fear is that we will see the Courage Tour without wheels. So interseting to think about how long it's been since the Courage tour started and ended and how it's still going on after Vegas begins. Must be no getting out of that contract
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
It's strange that now there is pretty much no promo at all. Remember when AND was about to start? They did tons of promo in 2002, even a bonus DVD on the ANDHC album with footage showing Celine on the construction site, a press conference, rehersal footage from Belgium, lots of behind the scenes footage. For her second residency we got 3 Boys And A New Show, an extensive documentary which was like a dream come true for every Celine fan. And now nothing! That's so dissappointing.
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...