Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

It came out along with the article several months back, and there was quite a lot of discussion of it here at the time (it's how we first got confirmation she was vaxed and heard what she really thought of RC's EP!)

 

Thank you for correcting me! I guess I missed that chapter then. :music:

Posted (edited)

Thank you for correcting me! I guess I missed that chapter then. :music:

 

I did too!

Edited by smw
  • Like 1
Posted

That whole conversation is amazing! While she won't discuss much in regards to the show it's interesting they want to use all of the new technology, etc. to create something spectacular. I like keeping the personal touches too.

 

I also find it interesting that she's not been doing ballet as much during the pandemic.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

In the interview she did say "one or two months" before the show they would start to reheare in the theatre space...so kind of along the timline we are getting.

 

From the interview I got that she seemingly trusts her team a tremendous amount, and also that she wants to utilise the special effects of the theatre and incorporate personal/family video or photos into her show.

  • Like 2
Posted
Do we have any recent videos / pictures of the Resorts World Theatre? I wonder how close it is to being finished.
Posted (edited)

I uploaded this to youtube and totally forgot to share it here, my bad. The conversations had here in the past week made me remember this phone interview which I recorded back when it was released, I noticed no one had uploaded it to youtube.

 

Anytime fans think she doesn't care about us, we should listen to this. She may not think of things we would love to have but she does care about her fans and she cares to give as much as she can to please as many as she can. And like I said when this interview first came out, she clearly has a vision for her new show (not CWT recycling), whether that vision will end up totally as she thought of it remains to be seen. It took her like 10 years to get her underwater MHWGO scene (said by the CWT designer in an interview I believe), hopefully she's able to make her vision happen as much as possible. I'm sure some things will change as the planning proceeded. But that happens with all creative processes.

 

Keywords/phrases I picked up: clean, emotional, panoramic, modern but not cold, lighting & sounds, pure. Different to what she's done before. Personal content. Her past, present, future. "I want to be part of that footage in the back. There's a meaning behind that, it's not just to make it pretty."

 

It sounds like what she's explaining is very narrative focused. That could be done really well by choosing like 1 or 2 songs from each era of her career/life and a "small" monologue for the in-betweens.

We'll see.

 

 

I love that she lists so many possible reasons why we follow her except her voice lol. She threw "the music" in there but convinced there has to be more than just that. I think sometimes she's humble to a fault. But she wasn't totally off, I go for the voice/music but I also do love the "in-betweens," her jokes, the outfits, her talks. It's all in the above lol. I'm sure for most fans it's the same. Even those that go just for the songs (the GP) leave with a lasting impression of her personality.

 

Has no one heard this? Saw in on FB and thought a conversation would have started. Some interesting bits:

 

https://youtu.be/_Al_LU3t2ic

 

Kev x

Edited by maki_Dion-er
  • Like 3
Posted

For me, the real question is....how is this going to be different from her most recent Vegas show other than better sound and lighting? She didn't really give a clear answer to that question. Granted, this was months ago now, but that is the question everyone will be asking. She said she will have a full orchestra, so that part is the same.

 

As for why people love her, in my opinion she is loved because of her amazing performance ability, her incredible voice, her charima and inner light, and the fact she is a very kind and pure soul.

  • Like 1
Posted

For me, the real question is....how is this going to be different from her most recent Vegas show other than better sound and lighting? She didn't really give a clear answer to that question. Granted, this was months ago now, but that is the question everyone will be asking. She said she will have a full orchestra, so that part is the same.

 

As for why people love her, in my opinion she is loved because of her amazing performance ability, her incredible voice, her charima and inner light, and the fact she is a very kind and pure soul.

 

Maybe it’s the same show lol, they didn’t even bother changing the name of the residency!

 

Orchestra, lights, cover songs… let’s brace ourselves people :(

Posted

 

 

Maybe it’s the same show lol, they didn’t even bother changing the name of the residency!

 

Orchestra, lights, cover songs… let’s brace ourselves people :(

 

I’m already prepared for the absolute bare minimum from her. We’ll see if she surprises us.

  • Like 1
Posted
She keeps saying recently that she doesn’t want to disappoint the fans, we’ll then get your people back on this forum + get yourselves free ideas + things that those paying fans would love to see & hear = no disappointed fans = happy Celine = no disappointment :P
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
I think it's really impossible for her to displease the majority of her audience. I mean, her main hits are always gonna be in the show more or less, but the question is what goes around them. That's where the big, true fans get upset. Edited by PuraVida
  • Like 3
Posted

I think it's really impossible for her to displease the majority of her audience. I mean, her main hits are always gonna be in the show more or less, but the question is what goes around them. That's where the big, true fans get upset.

 

Exactly. For example, Maybe not all hardcore fans want to hear MHWGO again or for it to be the last or second to last number, but we all know she has to include it and it should be towards the end to make general fans wait for it. Random cover songs, and songs that weren’t huge hits like LCMM, RDMH… they can take a rest a rest..the general fan wouldn’t care about Whether she is singing RDMH or “Sorry For Love” they only care to hear ABM again lol.

  • Like 1
Posted

Has no one heard this? Saw in on FB and thought a conversation would have started. Some interesting bits:

 

 

Kev x

 

Weirdly, does anyone else think that Celine’s radio interviews are always better to than her video ones? I do. She seems to speak better English and answer questions more Promptly and to the point, and goes easy on sining her answers!

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

 

 

Exactly. For example, Maybe not all hardcore fans want to hear MHWGO again or for it to be the last or second to last number, but we all know she has to include it and it should be towards the end to make general fans wait for it. Random cover songs, and songs that weren’t huge hits like LCMM, RDMH… they can take a rest a rest..the general fan wouldn’t care about Whether she is singing RDMH or “Sorry For Love” they only care to hear ABM again lol.

I agree with this. There's maybe 5-10 songs that have to be there for casual/general audiences (I give a range because, pending the person, our opinions seem to vary there lol). But of a setlist that could be 20-ish or so songs (give or take depending upon length and whether or not they're a medley lol) she could easily retire some of the songs she *thinks* will satisfy casual audiences but really they'd be happy with another upbeat song...DOL or THLAL for example.

 

ETA: I think something like that would definitely bring something new and exciting to show, would still satisfy a general audience and she wouldn't be bored with it. You can definitely tell she's been bored with LCMM & RDMH.

Edited by ehild
  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Weirdly, does anyone else think that Celine’s radio interviews are always better to than her video ones? I do. She seems to speak better English and answer questions more Promptly and to the point, and goes easy on sining her answers!

 

I don't know about the sample size of radio interviews, but I think it is because radio interviews are usually done by better interviewers and bona fide reporters, rather than TV Entertainment hosts.

 

They ask follow up questions. I also guess that she speaks English better here because she had been in Vegas for a time and probably consuming a lot more English television, news, books. Just a guesss.

Posted
well I expect we hear something about this show in the coming weeks ,Since its almost Oct
  • Like 1
Posted
I actually don’t expect to hear anything about this show. We didn’t about CWT did we? I expect them to hold their cards close to their vests.
  • Like 1
Posted

I actually don’t expect to hear anything about this show. We didn’t about CWT did we? I expect them to hold their cards close to their vests.

 

Whether she tells us about the new show or not, open would hope at least for some interviews and promotion… where they may ask her about her vision for the show, and if so how much she is willing to disclose.

  • Like 1
Posted

Whether she tells us about the new show or not, open would hope at least for some interviews and promotion… where they may ask her about her vision for the show, and if so how much she is willing to disclose.

 

It's true. I'm sure Resorts World will book her on shows to promote the opening of the theater. I just always expect to hear from Celine the same ol' same ol'. "The best is yet to come." "It's going to be a beautiful experience for the fans." "I don't just want to sing one song after the other. I want to give the audience a whole experience." I love Celine but she often talks as if everything coming out of her mouth has gone through 18 PR executives. :giggle:

  • Like 3
Posted

Whether she tells us about the new show or not, open would hope at least for some interviews and promotion… where they may ask her about her vision for the show, and if so how much she is willing to disclose.

 

If it weren't for COVID and having the Courage tour looming in the background, I feel a new residency could have been an opportunity for something really conceptual or different. I know we fans have talked about setlists, but if you all could choose a concept for a new show or at least a concept for a promo--what would it be?

Posted

The previous Vegas shows were “revealed” so to speak prior to opening so why wouldn’t this one be?

 

Before it opened we all knew “A New Day…” would heavily feature dancers and the massive screen. Similarly before “Céline” opened we knew it would feature a full orchestra.

 

Revealing *some* details sells tickets.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)

 

 

If it weren't for COVID and having the Courage tour looming in the background, I feel a new residency could have been an opportunity for something really conceptual or different. I know we fans have talked about setlists, but if you all could choose a concept for a new show or at least a concept for a promo--what would it be?

 

A retrospective show in chronological order regarding her milestones in life.

Edited by SuperLove4Celine
  • Like 1
Posted

A retrospective show in chronological order regarding her milestones in life.

 

For some reason I have "Femme Fatale Celine" promo stuck in my head. This vision in my mind of a very sleek soundstage that is very softly lit (or backlit), or perhaps with softly strobing neon coloured lights....and the camera is shooting on the ground level. You see a pair of heels and hear the click-clacking of heels against the stage walking slowly and deliberately in a fierce/sultry way towards the camera. Then after the pair of heels has approached, Celine is revealed in a very sexy bodysuit, intense make up and awesome bodysuit. She says "Get Ready."

 

From there she either sets the camera back down and it films her sexily strutting away, or it does a jumpcut to the logo or a quick scene with her music revealing the further concept of the show.

  • Like 1
Posted

The previous Vegas shows were “revealed” so to speak prior to opening so why wouldn’t this one be?

 

Before it opened we all knew “A New Day…” would heavily feature dancers and the massive screen. Similarly before “Céline” opened we knew it would feature a full orchestra.

 

Revealing *some* details sells tickets.

their approach totally changed to keep everything secret
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

their approach totally changed to keep everything secret

 

No more “open book” apparently.

Posted

 

 

It's true. I'm sure Resorts World will book her on shows to promote the opening of the theater. I just always expect to hear from Celine the same ol' same ol'. "The best is yet to come." "It's going to be a beautiful experience for the fans." "I don't just want to sing one song after the other. I want to give the audience a whole experience." I love Celine but she often talks as if everything coming out of her mouth has gone through 18 PR executives. :giggle:

Agree here. Resorts World had all headliners do promotions when the hotel opened. And I'm sure they'll have each of them promote their own shows prior to their show opening dates. They spent too much money on this theater not to have them promote it. Even if it's a virtual interview, they'll be doing something I'm sure. Hopefully she can/will reveal a bit more of what they've been working on. I don't expect everything to come out as to keep the element of surprise for opening night.

 

But I also agree...she has a typical spiel she likes to say in interviews and man does she stick with it lol.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

 

A retrospective show in chronological order regarding her milestones in life.

 

Seems like this is definitely going to be the concept, which makes me cautiously optimistic as it's hard to fit multiple random covers into a retrospective show.

Posted
Law Roach to return as Celine’s stylist according to the NYT.
  • Like 2
Posted

Law Roach to return as Celine's stylist according to the NYT.

 

Oh nooo! Here comes the ugly dresses!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...