couldawouldashoulda Posted September 8, 2021 at 03:56 AM Posted September 8, 2021 at 03:56 AM As for the Lying Down video, you already said elsewhere that no one on this forum claimed anything on this forum was officially announced. Fans understand when planned videos and projects fall through. Often times it is out of the singers hands, and sometimes out of her immediate team's hands. Fans know when things are rumours, and they understand that some things fall through the cracks. The facts that fans are disappoitned they didn't get a music video is actually a credit because it means they are hungry for Celine...you know, because they are fans! Trying to act like there were people who specifically said "Celine, you backed out on your word, what a betrayal and a flip-flop" is disingenuous. You say “po-tay-toh, I say “po-tah-toh.” Quote
PuraVida Posted September 8, 2021 at 04:14 AM Posted September 8, 2021 at 04:14 AM You say "po-tay-toh, I say "po-tah-toh." Sadly it's not two sides of the same coin, potaytoh, potahtoh. What you're talking about is an *allegation* of fans blaming Celine or her team for things they/she specifically promised or announced would happen but never did. The other is wanting more content from Celine and getting excited when leaks/whispers/rumours/tea leaves point to more Celine in our lives and then possibly getting sad it doesn't fall through. Either way, the idea that Celine is scared of her diehard fans or care about their opinion is hilarious because her team has already proven oblivious and if they did read die hard fan opinions (like on this forum), we would have had signs of that a long time ago. 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 8, 2021 at 12:16 PM Posted September 8, 2021 at 12:16 PM Sadly it's not two sides of the same coin, potaytoh, potahtoh. What you're talking about is an *allegation* of fans blaming Celine or her team for things they/she specifically promised or announced would happen but never did. This exact thing has happened more times than I can count over the decade or so I’ve been on this forum. And, no, I’m not going to list them all. Ain’t nobody got time for that. You and I will have to agree to disagree. As usual. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 8, 2021 at 10:50 PM Posted September 8, 2021 at 10:50 PM This exact thing has happened more times than I can count over the decade or so I've been on this forum. And, no, I'm not going to list them all. Ain't nobody got time for that. You and I will have to agree to disagree. As usual. That's the thing, the specific receipts don't exist. Fans may have wanted something to be true, but to act like Celine and her team even gauges fan response on that is laughable. I have a hard time thinking you actually believe that. Yes, fans *wished*, for example, that the Netflix rumours were true, but no one is under the illusion that Celine or her team backtracked on a promise. And those rumours weren't created out of whole cloth, they were based on observed activity that actually could have had something behind them. Anyway, people can decide for themselves. The "Lying Down" music video is a perfect example....fans know where the actual photo of the set came from and they know it wasn't her team. Quote
MTJ Posted September 9, 2021 at 12:58 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 12:58 AM I hate using "they are scared of the fans reaction" as an excuse. It is not a very good one. True. I just don’t even care if the video is even released anymore lol, I just want to know what their reasoning is for not releasing something they paid money and time to film? I’d like to know that about the other videos that didn’t see light of day as well. I really hope it's because they're holding back to promote a huge relaunch for the remainder of the Courage tour, as I've often stated. I'm gonna say "I told you so" to everyone! Or everyone's gonna say it to me and we'll get no video, like Encore un soir. That's the thing, the specific receipts don't exist. Fans may have wanted something to be true, but to act like Celine and her team even gauges fan response on that is laughable. I have a hard time thinking you actually believe that. Yes, fans *wished*, for example, that the Netflix rumours were true, but no one is under the illusion that Celine or her team backtracked on a promise. And those rumours weren't created out of whole cloth, they were based on observed activity that actually could have had something behind them. Anyway, people can decide for themselves. The "Lying Down" music video is a perfect example....fans know where the actual photo of the set came from and they know it wasn't her team. Wait, what? Quote
PuraVida Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:08 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:08 AM Wait, what? Which part are you asking about? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:21 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:21 AM (edited) I really think Encore Un Soir footage was not really shot for a full music video. It’s just like for promotion/teaser. For the Lying Down music video, we all know that they shot the whole thing since there was an interview about it wearing a red dress. What I want to see also is her music video of Eyes On Me. I mean, back in that era she looks really gorgeous and I think they were creative with that music video. Edited September 9, 2021 at 04:22 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:24 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:24 AM Which part are you asking about? Probably the text he put in boldface about the picture allegedly taken on set. Does it exist? I can’t remember if I’ve seen one or if my mind has made one up… Changing topics, but what does it take to get this thread moved to the Home page under the “Shows” tab, and for a new thread for fan meet-ups? 1 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:35 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:35 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 7 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:51 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:51 AM (edited) Probably the text he put in boldface about the picture allegedly taken on set. Does it exist? I can't remember if I've seen one or if my mind has made one up… Changing topics, but what does it take to get this thread moved to the Home page under the "Shows" tab, and for a new thread for fan meet-ups? From what I remember, a stagehand or production staff member posted a photo of the set that was for an upcoming Celine Dion music video. I think it was Instagram? A set with red rocks. I could be misremembering, but that was my understanding. Of course it was alleged. Edit: Someone online said she mentioned a music video with ET Canada in September 2019? I would have to check. Edited September 9, 2021 at 04:54 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:19 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:19 AM I had a weird dream that Celine opened her show with “Soul.” LOL 3 Quote
browseceline Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:20 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:20 AM I had a weird dream that Celine opened her show with Soul. LOL And I got nothing left Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Chantemoi Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:21 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:21 AM From what I remember, a stagehand or production staff member posted a photo of the set that was for an upcoming Celine Dion music video. I think it was Instagram? A set with red rocks. I could be misremembering, but that was my understanding. Of course it was alleged. Edit: Someone online said she mentioned a music video with ET Canada in September 2019? I would have to check. Yeah, ET Canada interviewed her from the set of "Lying Down". Aside from that, I've only heard rumours... a fan reached out to me on the @SayYesCeline Instagram account claiming their friend had a gig as a dancer for that shoot. According to him, the dancers were "nearly naked" and covered in body paint or something like that. I asked him if he could get more details, or even a photo of his friend (lol). Never heard back from him, so I assumed they had signed an NDA or something to that effect and didn't want anything to leak. 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:42 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:42 AM Yeah, ET Canada interviewed her from the set of "Lying Down". Aside from that, I've only heard rumours... a fan reached out to me on the @SayYesCeline Instagram account claiming their friend had a gig as a dancer for that shoot. According to him, the dancers were "nearly naked" and covered in body paint or something like that. I asked him if he could get more details, or even a photo of his friend (lol). Never heard back from him, so I assumed they had signed an NDA or something to that effect and didn't want anything to leak. Thanks for the info! I never saved it, but I swear there was a photo from a set design person (or some other occupation) who posted to Instagram a Mars/desert looking thing? Am I imagining that? Surely someone must remember. Or maybe it was just a screenshot of the set that you mention. Either way, if she was on the set of a music video for an interview, that is pretty concrete stuff to go on and not an example of Celine fans having the vapours as some would have us believe is the case... 1 Quote
ryba Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:45 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:45 AM (edited) I’m telling you, the music video turned out to be way too edgy and extreme for an artist like her, and they decided not to go with it. It might have hurt her reputation, just like the Nununu thing that made many people hate her. When you describe the whole concept of the video it already becomes pretty clear. Edited September 9, 2021 at 06:46 AM by ryba Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 9, 2021 at 07:52 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 07:52 AM Well well well Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 9, 2021 at 09:09 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 09:09 AM I’m telling you, the music video turned out to be way too edgy and extreme for an artist like her, and they decided not to go with it. It might have hurt her reputation, just like the Nununu thing that made many people hate her. When you describe the whole concept of the video it already becomes pretty clear. "many people"? who are these many people? I feel like the small amount of people who hated Celine for that a) didn't like her to begin with are either very conservative or very religious Most people had no idea about the clothing line I feel. But I am sad for them and Celine that they've flopped now... 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 9, 2021 at 10:10 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 10:10 AM Wow! I didn’t know a lot of celebs bought this clothing. https://www.nununuworld.com/nununu_press/ Quote
joaofilho Posted September 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM Posted September 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM It would be nice for Celine to deliver an award at the VMA. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted September 9, 2021 at 02:19 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 02:19 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet This team can’t make their mind up. Can someone ask him what other “goodies” means lol. Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:10 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:10 PM This team can’t make their mind up. Can someone ask him what other “goodies” means lol. Maybe they’re going to use a kazoo during MHWGO! 3 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:14 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 03:14 PM What songs have they used a saxophone solo for?? I can only think of Je sais pas and TLBSEPT. 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:31 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 04:31 PM This now sounds like a f****** car crash, less than two months till the new show and she’s now bringing back people she got rid of last month… Houston we have a problem… celine have a seat on my couch, let’s have a chat…. You have no idea what your doing love do you! It’s funny but it’s not, winging it again with no concrete plan. I take back what I said recently after this… no longer excited or looking forward to this. It’s sooo unprofessional and embarrassing…. We have to let you go I’m sorry… 3 weeks later no we want you back now. So where is this residency going… no vision, no planning, just all about the money and half the globe not aloud into the U.S I can see the Titanic sinking again. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:11 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:11 PM Maybe they added a song that needs saxophone. I guess she will include TLBSEPT Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:12 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:12 PM This now sounds like a f****** car crash, less than two months till the new show and she’s now bringing back people she got rid of last month… Houston we have a problem… celine have a seat on my couch, let’s have a chat…. You have no idea what your doing love do you! It’s funny but it’s not, winging it again with no concrete plan. I take back what I said recently after this… no longer excited or looking forward to this. It’s sooo unprofessional and embarrassing…. We have to let you go I’m sorry… 3 weeks later no we want you back now. So where is this residency going… no vision, no planning, just all about the money and half the globe not aloud into the U.S I can see the Titanic sinking again. I think they got rid of the brass section altogether, and then through more planning for the show, they decided to hire this guy back because he fits something they need. That’s business, and at least Celine and her team are loyal. And he could have declined the offer. Which also says a lot about how he feels about working with this team. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:12 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:12 PM (edited) This now sounds like a f****** car crash, less than two months till the new show and she's now bringing back people she got rid of last month… Houston we have a problem… celine have a seat on my couch, let's have a chat…. You have no idea what your doing love do you! It's funny but it's not, winging it again with no concrete plan. I take back what I said recently after this… no longer excited or looking forward to this. It's sooo unprofessional and embarrassing…. We have to let you go I'm sorry… 3 weeks later no we want you back now. So where is this residency going… no vision, no planning, just all about the money and half the globe not aloud into the U.S I can see the Titanic sinking again. First - "your" means "it belongs to you" whereas "you're" is a contraction for "you are."Second - "aloud" has to do with your speaking voice. "allowed" is something you can or cannot do. Third - THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT BEFORE In a creative process like this, things change all the time! Songs, dresses, how many instruments and what type, the orchestrations, etc. It would've been better if no info about the show had ever leaked because here's someone complaining about the show being a f****** car crash because one change was made. Celine's team and no one involved in any of her productions should ever mention or tease anything. Some fans lose their freaking minds. Edited September 9, 2021 at 05:14 PM by couldawouldashoulda 2 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:13 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:13 PM (edited) You have no idea what is happening bts but because she changed her mind about one musician/instrument it means her 40 years career experience (16 of those performing in Vegas) in live shows is null and she doesn't know what she's doing? Maybe Scott changed some arrangements, not Celine. Maybe he's asked back for one song she decided to add, maybe it's for the live interludes. How any of this means they have no plan for the show when we don't know at all what is planned is a stretch. Things can change during planning (or even after). Especially for live shows. This now sounds like a f****** car crash, less than two months till the new show and she’s now bringing back people she got rid of last month… Houston we have a problem… celine have a seat on my couch, let’s have a chat…. You have no idea what your doing love do you! It’s funny but it’s not, winging it again with no concrete plan. I take back what I said recently after this… no longer excited or looking forward to this. It’s sooo unprofessional and embarrassing…. We have to let you go I’m sorry… 3 weeks later no we want you back now. So where is this residency going… no vision, no planning, just all about the money and half the globe not aloud into the U.S I can see the Titanic sinking again. Edited September 9, 2021 at 05:15 PM by maki_Dion-er 6 Quote
comingback Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:48 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 05:48 PM What songs have they used a saxophone solo for?? I can only think of Je sais pas and TLBSEPT. + Falling Into You 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:13 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:13 PM First - "your" means "it belongs to you" whereas "you're" is a contraction for "you are."Second - "aloud" has to do with your speaking voice. "allowed" is something you can or cannot do. Third - THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT BEFORE In a creative process like this, things change all the time! Songs, dresses, how many instruments and what type, the orchestrations, etc. It would've been better if no info about the show had ever leaked because here's someone complaining about the show being a f****** car crash because one change was made. Celine's team and no one involved in any of her productions should ever mention or tease anything. Some fans lose their freaking minds. First I talk to Siri to type my posts and I speak UK English so if there are errors or spelling mistakes it’s not mine nor am I undergoing any English examinations on this forum, second I am more than entitled to my opinion on here without being attacked by you of all members lol and third, I think you missed your meds today, just a reminder But you have a a great day now ya hear! 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:43 PM Posted September 9, 2021 at 06:43 PM First I talk to Siri to type my posts and I speak UK English so if there are errors or spelling mistakes it’s not mine nor am I undergoing any English examinations on this forum, second I am more than entitled to my opinion on here without being attacked by you of all members lol and third, I think you missed your meds today, just a reminder But you have a a great day now ya hear! First, if I talked to Siri to type my posts, I'd double check them before hitting send. Also, UK English for "you're" "your" "aloud" and "allowed" is exactly the same as US English so I don't have any idea what type of point you're trying to make there. Second, I'm using your reaction to make a point that good ol' Pura Vida had such a hard time understanding which is that fans go ape s*** crazy over the tiniest things and this may be why there is radio silence from Celine and her team. Third, talking about someone's mental health status is WAY below the belt and shows exactly what type of person you are. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.