PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:41 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:41 PM (edited) Me, I don't think I can come up with a setlist myself, I would want to be paid to do so! Is this your formal announement of application for a job at Team Celine? Edited August 31, 2021 at 03:42 PM by PuraVida 1 Quote
krazy_kool_dude Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:51 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:51 PM Here's mine. A variety of realistic, reasonable and some complete dreams! 01. Love Can Move Mountains (personally, I don't like this song but Celine loves it and if it had to be performed, at least move it about in the set list to keep it as fresh as possible).02. Imperfections03. It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Full 7 minute version)04. Misled05. One Heart06. Unfinished SongsDress change - with Orchestra leading into...07. Then You Look At Me08. Incredible (Virtual duet with Ne-Yo, sorry Barnev)08. Des mots qui sonnent09. Think Twice10. Because You Loved Me11. Dreamin' Of You12. Nothing Broken But My HeartDress change - with Orchestra leading into...13. To Love You More14. The Power Of Love15. A New Day Has Come16. Courage17. Where Does My Heart Beat Now18. I'm Alive-Dress change-19. My Heart Will Go On (stripped back, just a piano with Celine singing)20. That's The Way It Is (most people would expect MHWGO to be the last song, what a great surprise it would be to end with an uptempo song that was a hit for Celine) 3 Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:08 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:08 PM Another fun setlist 1. Let's Talk About Love2. It's All Coming Back To Me Now3. Next Plane Out4. Halfway to Heaven5. A New Day Has Come6. Power of Love ---- Dress Change---7. Love Can Move Mountains8. Make You Happy9. Ten Days10. Reveal11. One Heart12. I'm Alive --- Dress Change ----13. Seduces Me14. Je Sais Pas15. Fly16. Because You Loved Me 17. Miles To Go Before I Sleep18. Courage19. Your Light--- Dress Change ---20.My Heart Will Go On21. (Acapella) Je Ne Vous Oublie Pas 1 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:39 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:39 PM What gown would she use for MHWGO this time? The Courage World Tour one was grand and amazing. I hope it is something like that only. Quote
symon Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:17 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:17 PM "You and I" as opener and as show title , I would love it Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:24 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:24 PM Seems one of Celines former brass players Eric Tewalt has already been grabbed for Gagas Jazz and Piano show 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:35 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:35 PM To those that are putting French songs into there setlist ,, You have to remember that 95% of fans Dont KNOW any of her French songs like us die-hard fans know, 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:40 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:40 PM One French song in a Vegas a residency is more than enough for that environment. ( And I have grown to love her French stuff, but no ). Quote
Nmj Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:55 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:55 PM One French song in a Vegas a residency is more than enough for that environment. ( And I have grown to love her French stuff, but no ). I think the return of PQTME will happen. Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:06 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:06 PM I think the return of PQTME will happen. That, or depending on the overall tone of the show, possibly SSD 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:31 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:31 PM (edited) That, or depending on the overall tone of the show, possibly SSD I would be super happy if she sang that, I think I would cry...on the inside lol. Or EUS (& anything else from that album) or Je sais pas. Any French that isn't PQTME. It was a great surprise to see her keep TLBSEPT in the US setlist. Edited August 31, 2021 at 08:32 PM by maki_Dion-er 2 Quote
MTJ Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:38 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:38 PM This Forum rules are to be kind to each other.. please follow Believe you me, I am being kind! 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:48 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:48 PM I am also hoping for any French song other than PQTME. Je sais pas and Encore Un Soir might be too close to home for her if she's focusing on moving on from Rene's death. But SSD would be lovely. And I wouldn't mind her keeping TLBSEPT. It's very "Vegas" to me - big, theatrical, and she can slays the hell out of it. And it's partly in English which helps Americans at least get the gist of the song. 2 Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:54 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:54 PM I am also hoping for any French song other than PQTME. Je sais pas and Encore Un Soir might be too close to home for her if she's focusing on moving on from Rene's death. But SSD would be lovely. And I wouldn't mind her keeping TLBSEPT. It's very "Vegas" to me - big, theatrical, and she can slays the hell out of it. And it's partly in English which helps Americans at least get the gist of the song. I think Je Sais Pas would be fine for her to do, I don’t know of any major connection she and Rene had to the song in that sense... Encore Un Soir on the other hand I do... it’s for the same reason I understand why she dropped The Colour of My Love after a few shows on the 2017 tour, yes, she didn’t cry outwardly like she would sometimes on Recovering, but I think many could tell it was extremely difficult for her to sing that song, and when rewatching performances of it, I can just see it tearing her apart despite the brave face she put on. 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:58 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 08:58 PM I think Je Sais Pas would be fine for her to do, I don't know of any major connection she and Rene had to the song in that sense... Encore Un Soir on the other hand I do... it's for the same reason I understand why she dropped The Colour of My Love after a few shows on the 2017 tour, yes, she didn't cry outwardly like she would sometimes on Recovering, but I think many could tell it was extremely difficult for her to sing that song, and when rewatching performances of it, I can just see it tearing her apart despite the brave face she put on. I agree about TCOML and Recovering. I just wonder about Je sais pas' lyrics..."I've known the flames. I've known the cold. But life without you...I don't know." It might be just as tough as the other two songs. What I would really love is if she brought out Je Lui Dirai but I know that's probably a pipe dream. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:07 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:07 PM (edited) My French is crap but I always loved the French song where in the music video there were lots of Celine’s or better again, after all these years and with all her money, technology and contacts, is it honestly that hard to refresh the very first French song that her mum wrote that caught Rene’s attention and have this French song in English shows and in the residency… not only a great tribute but it’s what brought her to where she is today and how it all began after all!! It’s not rocket science, it’s common sense which Celine’s team seriously lacks since Rene passed. Sort yourselves out, have a plan, tweak it and deliver! Edited August 31, 2021 at 09:10 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
MTJ Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:10 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:10 PM (edited) My French is crap but I always loved the French song where in the music video there were lots of Celine’s or better again, after all these years and with all her money, technology and contacts, is it honestly that hard to refresh the very first French song that her mum wrote that caught Rene’s attention and have this French song in English shows and in the residency… not only a great tribute but it’s what brought her to where she is today and how it all began after all!! Et s'il ne reste q'une je serai celle la? Yes, that would be fabulous. We could have 100 hologram Celines singing backupC'est n'était qu'un reve may be hard to tie into that, but yes, on its own it would also be nice. Edited August 31, 2021 at 09:11 PM by MTJ 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:59 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:59 PM Et s'il ne reste q'une je serai celle la? Yes, that would be fabulous. We could have 100 hologram Celines singing backup That would be cool! I would love EUS. It moves me every time. 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Nmj Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:59 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 09:59 PM I always loved “ Je Ne Vous Oublie Pas”, I think it could work greatly with a video montage of her career behind her like they did kinda worth WDMHBN back in the day, I also think it would be awesome to have “ Celle qui m'a tout appris” as tribute to her mom. The majority spectator is Vegas is English speaking so I think at this point they could pull out a lesser known song in French and it wouldn’t matter too much. 1 Quote
thatstheteacherinmehbaby Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:08 AM Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:08 AM (edited) I am going to sell my tickets for opening night if anyone is interested. 2 tickets 6th row, front orchestra. I just lost my cousin to Covid at only 38. Unfortunately she was around people who lied about being vaccinated and also had bad asthma. I too am finding out how many have lied to me pretending to be vaccinated. So people suck, I’m skipping Vegas out of respect to my cousin, and wish everyone a safe and fun trip. DM me if you’re interested in the tix! OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!! I will send you & your family prayers & virtual hugs!! Even though I can imagine how hard it is to make the decision to not go to Vegas, I can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why you are doing so & you need to do what is best for you & your loved ones right now!! Having lost one of my close friends from Covid last year (& @ ONLY 39 years old, young just like your cousin,) my heart still HURTS LIKE HELL!! It will be a WHOLE YEAR next week since my friend died, & I still miss her so much!! She is one of the reasons why I advocate for the Covid vaccination & believe that people who are currently able to get the vaccine SHOULD get it, so that there will hopefully be NO MORE LOSSES due to Covid like what you & I have went through & thousands of other families & loved ones have also been though during the past year & a half!! SENDING MY LOVE & PRAYERS to you & let me know if you ever need somebody to talk to or a shoulder to cry on!! 😥🙏 Edited September 1, 2021 at 03:09 AM by thatstheteacherinmehbaby 2 Quote sincerely, maria <3
Celinelife Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:53 AM Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:53 AM I am having this thought that Celine would likely use a video this time for the first interlude, like she did for Final Shows and 1000 shows. 1 Quote
MTJ Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:32 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:32 PM Everyone should read this, because what I'm about to state not only applies to news regarding Covid-19, but also applies to news regarding Celine! Tim123, here is the definition for journalism from the Merriam-Webster dictionary: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalism?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&u Definition of Journalism 1.a : the collection and editing of news for presentation through the mediab : the public pressc : an academic study concerned with the collection and editing of news or the management of a news medium 2.a : writing designed for publication in a newspaper or magazineb : writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretationc : writing designed to appeal to current popular taste or public interestThere are two parts to the definition, each with three qualifiers. The Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC) exists to recognize journalists who have exhibited they follow the generally accepted guidelines of reporting. Tim, treat all news and information you receive on all subjects as you would in school, finding sources for a research paper. Having two degrees, surely you are comfortable in a library! We live in a new world, and you can consider anything not accredited or peer reviewed to be clickbait selling ad time. Reading or watching anything today is unfortunately a study in rejecting. Don't be duped by news sources that exist because of the politics of their creators. Read the work of journalists who are impassioned to bolster the practice of journalism overall; not to preach their personal values. The best American source I know, which consists of an accredited, global staff of contributing writers and primary reporters, is the Associated Press (AP). I check their news app for updates and in-depth articles on things like Covid-19 and what our circumstances are in this world around it. You should check it out. They have lots of ads, but the ads are clearly marked as such and don't interfere with the articles. If you'd like to continue this chat, please send me a DM. 2 Quote
MTJ Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:59 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 03:59 PM (edited) It actually would be a good update to the forum to add pronouns to our sidebars. Do we need a coup d'etat against our current absent moderators? ...Anyway. Let's recap on who is staying where! It seems a lot of people (myself included) have been hesitant to swipe the credit card and book the suite. My first thought was to stay at RW, and the nicer rooms don't look too crazy much more than the other rooms. I would definitely want a strip view, and not to be stuck behind the TV screen. Last time I stayed at Luxor, and I don't want to do that again. Does anyone have recommendations? A fan meetup after the show at RW is necessary. We can meet up, split up and go out, and whomever wants to keep partying will do! Edited September 1, 2021 at 04:02 PM by MTJ 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:03 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:03 PM It actually would be a good update to the forum to add pronouns to our sidebars. Do we need a coup d'etat against our current absent moderators? ...Anyway. Let's recap on who is staying where! It seems a lot of people (myself included) have been hesitant to swipe the credit card and book the suite. My first thought was to stay at RW, and the nicer rooms don't look too crazy much more than the other rooms. I would definitely want a strip view, and not to be stuck behind the TV screen. Last time I stayed at Luxor, and I don't want to do that again. Does anyone have recommendations? A fan meetup after the show at RW is necessary. We can meet up, split up and go out, and whomever wants to keep partying will do!Sadly I can't be there but I wish everyone who will be there a good time, you guys better rock it 1 Quote
brendanm999 Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:14 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:14 PM (edited) NEW Off-Topic thread for Vaccines/COVID-19 and other related political opinions. Let's try to keep this topic focused on the new Vegas show. There's so much to look forward to about this new show that's starting in only 2 months. The new topic linked below is better suited for political/vaccine-related conversations. http://www.celinedio...tical-opinions/ Edited September 1, 2021 at 04:17 PM by brendanm999 2 Quote
MTJ Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:21 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:21 PM (edited) Everyone should read this, because what I'm about to state not only applies to news regarding Covid-19, but also applies to news regarding Celine!...The best American source I know, which consists of an accredited, global staff of contributing writers and primary reporters, is the Associated Press (AP). I check their news app for updates and in-depth articles on things like Covid-19 and what our circumstances are in this world around it. You should check it out. They have lots of ads, but the ads are clearly marked as such and don't interfere with the articles. If you'd like to continue this chat, please send me a DM.NEW Off-Topic thread for Vaccines/COVID-19 and other related political opinions. Let's try to keep this topic focused on the new Vegas show. There's so much to look forward to about this new show that's starting in only 2 months. The new topic linked below is better suited for political/vaccine-related conversations. http://www.celinedio...tical-opinions/ Hey now! I tried to bring it back on topic by discussing reputable news sources and the importance of scholarly research (which, no offense Celinelife, you could also use practice with regarding pseudo news you've broken about Celine in this and other topics. That may be harsh, because prime source material in her world is often Quebec tabloids). I also tried to shift all this towards the private message sector. Give me some credit. But good, yes, I'm done with that here. Edited September 1, 2021 at 04:24 PM by MTJ Quote
Celinelife Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:42 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 04:42 PM Do you think Celine will still do a funk medley? Quote
brendanm999 Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:15 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:15 PM (edited) My setlist, taking into consideration her top streamed songs, past setlists, and trying to adhere to the "intimate, imaginative" theme (whatever that actually means): 1. “I Want You To Need Me”2. “Because You Loved Me”3. “Unison”4. “The Power of Love”INTERLUDE5. “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now”6. “On ne change pas”7. “To Love You More”8. “Beauty and the Beast”9. “Courage”INTERLUDE10. “All By Myself”11. “Change My Mind”12. Acoustic Medley: “Taking Chances” / "The Chase" / “Coulda Woulda Shoulda” / “I Drove All Night”INTERLUDE13. “Think Twice”14. “Ashes”15. “Loved Me Back to Life”INTERLUDE16. Uptempo Medley: “A New Day Has Come” (Radio Remix) / “One Heart” / “That’s the Way It Is”INTERLUDE17. “My Heart Will Go On”18. “Immortality” (acapella) Edited September 1, 2021 at 05:16 PM by brendanm999 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:21 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:21 PM My setlist, taking into consideration her top streamed songs, past setlists, and trying to adhere to the "intimate, imaginative" theme (whatever that actually means): 1. “I Want You To Need Me”2. “Because You Loved Me”3. “Unison”4. “The Power of Love”INTERLUDE5. “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now”6. “On ne change pas”7. “To Love You More”8. “Beauty and the Beast”9. “Courage”INTERLUDE10. “All By Myself”11. “Change My Mind”12. Acoustic Medley: “Taking Chances” / "The Chase" / “Coulda Woulda Shoulda” / “I Drove All Night”INTERLUDE13. “Think Twice”14. “Ashes”15. “Loved Me Back to Life”INTERLUDE16. Uptempo Medley: “A New Day Has Come” (Radio Remix) / “One Heart” / “That’s the Way It Is”INTERLUDE17. “My Heart Will Go On”18. “Immortality” (acapella) I like this! 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
ordinary fan Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:23 PM Posted September 1, 2021 at 05:23 PM With all the great setlists posted here (any of them would be a great show for everyone ) her team, read closely 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.