nuts2you Posted August 29, 2021 at 11:02 PM Posted August 29, 2021 at 11:02 PM Since I'm already counting August as over, LOL, only 2-months left until the show premieres. I'm curious if we'll get little teasers like we did in 2015 when she was returning after her year off. I only have 65 days left and counting ,, I exp the press to be calling as well ,BTW: Not to long now 1 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted August 30, 2021 at 12:14 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 12:14 PM I fear the second i buy plane, hotel, and concert ticket it'll just be canceled and I'll end up with thousands tied up for ages again....did this last year with gaga right before covid and 700 never did get refunded. Luckily the rest did. So do we expect nov 5th to actually happen? I kinda think the concerts happening now won't last before they try to put an end to it all again. 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted August 30, 2021 at 01:52 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 01:52 PM I fear the second i buy plane, hotel, and concert ticket it'll just be canceled and I'll end up with thousands tied up for ages again....did this last year with gaga right before covid and 700 never did get refunded. Luckily the rest did. So do we expect nov 5th to actually happen? I kinda think the concerts happening now won't last before they try to put an end to it all again.I'm waiting to buy my plane ticket as well. I have already booked my hotel, but I just am not getting excited. You would think we would be getting teasers or something---but nothing. Not even ads. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 30, 2021 at 01:59 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 01:59 PM I fear the second i buy plane, hotel, and concert ticket it'll just be canceled and I'll end up with thousands tied up for ages again....did this last year with gaga right before covid and 700 never did get refunded. Luckily the rest did. So do we expect nov 5th to actually happen? I kinda think the concerts happening now won't last before they try to put an end to it all again. At this point, I expect smaller venues like Broadway and Las Vegas to continue operating with proof of vaccination and/or a negative Covid test mandatory to enter. Broadway made it very clear that it will cost roughly $1 million per show to re-open. They can't open and shut down again. Small-venue concerts like the Las Vegas houses are in a similar situation - there's a 95% chance they'll remain open. Giant stadium/arena tours playing to 50,000+ people will more than likely not resume until next year. With as much money as Resorts World has put into their facility, and the fact that it's been open for months...they NEED to open that theater to get more visitors to their resort. I will be shocked if Nov. 5 doesn't happen, especially since it's a benefit for Covid relief. 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 30, 2021 at 03:06 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 03:06 PM Did y'all know her first Vegas residency was originally going to be called "Muse" until they got threatened with a lawsuit https://celebrityaccess.com/caarchive/british-band-muse-threatens-lawsuit-against-celine-dion/ https://celebrityaccess.com/caarchive/dion-foregoes-muse-name/ 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 30, 2021 at 04:04 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 04:04 PM (edited) I know that most people who have been dying of COVID-19 have been unvaccinated but even in the USA, statistics show that people under 45 age group only account for 3% of the COVID-19 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. Considering there are about 331 000 000 people in the USA, very few people under the age of 65 have died of COVID-19, I still stand by my point, if you're young (no matter you're vaccinated or unvaccinated) you're just very unlikely to die from COVID-19 as shown by these statistics : https://www.cdc.gov/...ty-overview.htm That’s still too many young people. When they say that young people are unaffected and over 18,000 young people have died, my cousin included, it’s an alarming number to me when people keep saying that “younger people need not worry.” It’s almost insulting, actually. You have to also realize that most of the people 65 and up had underlying conditions where Covid killed them because it further attacked the problems that they were already having. Most people under 45 don’t have underlying conditions that were already making them so unhealthy that their bodies couldn’t fight off Covid. Covid literally took over their entire bodies and killed them. It’s a very different perspective and should truly be taken into consideration when speaking about deaths. Edited August 30, 2021 at 04:06 PM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
smw Posted August 30, 2021 at 04:45 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 04:45 PM Did y'all know her first Vegas residency was originally going to be called "Muse" until they got threatened with a lawsuit https://celebrityaccess.com/caarchive/british-band-muse-threatens-lawsuit-against-celine-dion/ https://celebrityaccess.com/caarchive/dion-foregoes-muse-name/ Interesting! I never knew about this. 1 Quote
Popular Post smw Posted August 30, 2021 at 05:48 PM Popular Post Posted August 30, 2021 at 05:48 PM (edited) I'm very curious to know what song will open the new show. She's used a lot of her big songs to open shows already... like The Power of Love, It's All Coming Back To Me Now, A New Day Has Come, I Drove All Night She's also opened shows with Nature Boy, Open Arms, I Surrender, Let's Talk About Love, etc. Like others here have mentioned before, I can also see her opening a show with Love Can Move Mountains or I'm Alive (which worked beautifully for the event at the Ace Hotel). However, I envision this new show to be more elegant... so I wonder if they'll choose something less upbeat / more dramatic to open the show? I'm hoping, whatever they choose, it's a Celine song. Edited August 30, 2021 at 05:48 PM by smw 8 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 30, 2021 at 08:25 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 08:25 PM https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/e-u-takes-u-s-safe-travel-list-due-covid-n1278041?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0Sw8FcrRtVGOx7l8DndO2XXCqehI5q1Q10V7t3r3ZyFNvfaq9EA06UlG4 for those from the UK Quote
ehild Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:11 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:11 PM I fear the second i buy plane, hotel, and concert ticket it'll just be canceled and I'll end up with thousands tied up for ages again....did this last year with gaga right before covid and 700 never did get refunded. Luckily the rest did. So do we expect nov 5th to actually happen? I kinda think the concerts happening now won't last before they try to put an end to it all again.A good bit of airlines, at least here in the states, are offering no change fees and free cancelation through the end of the year. I bought my plane ticket already but know I can cancel if needed. But I agree with the above comment about it going forward with proof of vaccinations, etc. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Nmj Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:30 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:30 PM I'm very curious to know what song will open the new show. She's used a lot of her big songs to open shows already... like The Power of Love, It's All Coming Back To Me Now, A New Day Has Come, I Drove All Night She's also opened shows with Nature Boy, Open Arms, I Surrender, Let's Talk About Love, etc. Like others here have mentioned before, I can also see her opening a show with Love Can Move Mountains or I'm Alive (which worked beautifully for the event at the Ace Hotel). However, I envision this new show to be more elegant... so I wonder if they'll choose something less upbeat / more dramatic to open the show? I'm hoping, whatever they choose, it's a Celine song. Please no “I’m Alive”, I hope she retires it for a bit, it’s had it’s time to shine. Bring it back in a few years LOL. It’s to the point where it sounds watered down. Quote
CelineTheBest5 Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:45 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:45 PM In a new interview, Claudette said that Michel is retired and came back to Quebec, so he won’t be with Celine anymore. 3 Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
blueblazers90 Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:46 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:46 PM (edited) I fear the second i buy plane, hotel, and concert ticket it'll just be canceled and I'll end up with thousands tied up for ages again....did this last year with gaga right before covid and 700 never did get refunded. Luckily the rest did. So do we expect nov 5th to actually happen? I kinda think the concerts happening now won't last before they try to put an end to it all again. I think that it would be strange for Gaga to just now release tickets to cancel in a number of weeks. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but the smaller venues should continue to operate with proof of vaccination. Edited August 30, 2021 at 11:47 PM by blueblazers90 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:56 PM Posted August 30, 2021 at 11:56 PM I'm hoping, whatever they choose, it's a Celine song. I was checking and here is her average opening for each of her concerts by year: 1990-1991: Love By Another Name1992-3: Des Mots Qui Sonnent1994: not enough info1995: Everybody's Talking My Baby Down1996-7: Power of Love1998-9: Let's Talk About Love2002: A New Day Has Come2003: Nature Boy2004-7: New Day Has Come2008-9: I Drove All Night2011-14: Open Arms2015: I Surrender2016: Trois Heures Veignt2017-2018: Power of Love2019-2020: It's All Coming Back To Me Now 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 12:01 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 12:01 AM In a new interview, Claudette said that Michel is retired and came back to Quebec, so he won't be with Celine anymore. Makes sense as he is 68 or 69 at this point. But one of her most loyal teammates besides Elise at this point. 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 31, 2021 at 01:27 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 01:27 AM Apparently she was spotted at Resorts World this week. Could this be her posing infront of the smiley for Dee for a future post? Unless she's somewhere that hasn't officially opened to the public yet. There's still a good bit there under construction. Perhaps, if it was her, she's somewhere near the theater?? Katy Perry posted a video inside, maybe they're all getting ready to start promos for the opening of the theater. The giant globe is at the main entrance. It’s open, and a pretty heavy-traffic area. It’s also at the opposite end of the facility from the theatre. (I’m at Resorts World all week, staying in one of the rooms behind the giant screen - upper end, near the middle, so perhaps I’m actually living in Céline’s head! 😁 ) Quote
PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:32 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:32 AM Setlist idea: 1. Thankful2. One Heart3. Just A Little Bit Of Love4. I Feel Too Much5. Everbody's Talking My Baby Down6. Taking Chances7. Ziggy8. If Walls Could Talk9. Only One Road10. Power of Love11. Beauty and The Beast12. I'm Alive13. That's The Way It Is14. If You Could See Me Now15. Breakaway16. Surprise, Surprise17. It's All Coming Back To Me Now18. Call The Man19. Diane Warren Medley: Water From The Moon -- Nothing Broken But My Heart --- Because You Loved Me --- Superwoman20. River Deep Mountain High21. Flying On My Own22. My Heart Will Go On 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:42 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:42 AM (edited) Tim. Let’s do that. So we can end this pandemic fast and see Céline live on her tours without worrying getting positive. The amount of papers, procedures (swab tests)…. Just so you can travel. It’s time for us to travel and have vacations not covid-19 who keeps on traveling more countries. I think the only country i have in mind that Covid-19 hasn’t gone to is North Korea. Even Covid-19 is scared of Kim Jong Un lol Ok back to the real topic. - Las Vegas. New Show. Edited August 31, 2021 at 02:50 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:00 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:00 AM Alternative Setlist Idea #2---I know these are unrealistic, just having fun 1. Can't Fight The Feeling2. Treat Her Like A Lady3. Declaration of Love4. Regarde Moi5. Je Danse Dans Ma Tete6. Tell Him7. It's All Coming Back To Me Now 8. Whitney Houston Cover -- All The Man That I Need9. If You Asked Me To10. I Surrender11. Last To Know12. When I Fall In Love13. In His Touch14. Superwoman15. Power of Love16. Courage17. Because You Loved Me18. That's The Way It Is19. Sorry for Love20. My Heart Will Go On 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:05 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:05 AM I come to this thread to try and escape the real world; especially Covid. Can we please just stick the topic. 7 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 31, 2021 at 04:32 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 04:32 AM (edited) Since we’re doing setlists, here is one I just made on the fly: [intro feat. Resorts World promo commercial music remixed by Zedd]1. You And I (Zedd’s Resorts World Mix)2. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Full Album Version)[speech]3. Just A Little Bit Of Love4. A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)5. The Power Of Love (Full Album Version)6. I Drove All Night (Tiësto’s Resorts World Mix)[Costume Change/Speech]7. Because You Loved Me8. Encore un soir9. Somebody Loves Somebody10. Imperfections[Collaborations Interlude/Costume Change]11. Beauty And The Beast (feat. Peabo Bryson via hologram)12. To Love You More (feat. abstract imagery of Taro Hakase)13. Reveal[Energize Interlude/Costume Change)14. I’m Alive15. Misled16. Unison (Single Mix w/ Rap)17. Sorry For Love (“A New Day Has Come” Mix)18. My Heart Will Go On[Encore]19. Then You Look At Me Edit: For those interested, I just made a quick YouTube playlist of this setlist - Edited August 31, 2021 at 04:50 AM by SuperLove4Celine 2 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:06 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 05:06 AM In a new interview, Claudette said that Michel is retired and came back to Quebec, so he won’t be with Celine anymore. He's getting on in years, so I get it. Still I'm sad we'll no longer see him in her corner. And too bad he didn't get to have an official last show and a retirement party 😥 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:05 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:05 AM (edited) Since we’re doing setlists, here is one I just made on the fly: [intro feat. Resorts World promo commercial music remixed by Zedd]1. You And I (Zedd’s Resorts World Mix)2. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Full Album Version)[speech]3. Just A Little Bit Of Love4. A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)5. The Power Of Love (Full Album Version)6. Misled[Costume Change/Speech]7. Because You Loved Me8. Ashes9. Encore un soir10. Imperfections11. Somebody Loves Somebody[Collaborations Interlude/Costume Change]12. Beauty And The Beast (feat. Peabo Bryson via hologram)13. To Love You More (feat. abstract imagery of Taro Hakase)14. Reveal[Energize Interlude/Costume Change]15. I’m Alive16. I Drove All Night (Tiësto’s Resorts World Mix)17. Unison (Single Mix w/ Rap)18. Sorry For Love (“A New Day Has Come” Mix)19. My Heart Will Go On[Encore]20. Then You Look At Me Edit: For those interested, I just made a quick YouTube playlist of this setlist - I’ve made a few tweaks after reviewing the order of the songs. See above. Edited August 31, 2021 at 06:07 AM by SuperLove4Celine Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:41 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:41 AM (edited) I’ve made a few tweaks after reviewing the order of the songs. See above. One last edit. I promise. 😂 [intro feat. Resorts World promo commercial music remixed by Zedd]1. You And I (Zedd’s Resorts World Mix)2. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Full Album Version)[speech]3. Just A Little Bit Of Love4. A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)5. The Power Of Love (Full Album Version)6. Misled[Costume Change/Speech]7. That’s The Way It Is8. Because You Loved Me9. Ashes10. Encore un soir11. Imperfections12. Somebody Loves Somebody[Collaborations Interlude/Costume Change]13. Beauty And The Beast (feat. Peabo Bryson via hologram)14. To Love You More (feat. abstract imagery of Taro Hakase)15. Reveal[Energize Interlude/Costume Change]16. I’m Alive17. I Drove All Night (Tiësto’s Resorts World Mix)18. Unison (Single Mix w/ Rap)19. Sorry For Love (“A New Day Has Come” Mix)20. My Heart Will Go On[Encore]21. Then You Look At Me Playlist Link: Edited August 31, 2021 at 06:43 AM by SuperLove4Celine 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:41 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 06:41 AM I have a feeling she may include "Fly" in the newest Vegas show. It's hauntingly beautiful and one of her most intimate songs of her entire career. I think it would sound amazing with her voice nowadays too. 2 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:47 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 07:47 AM I think Seduces Me will definitely be there, considering its the favourite song of Celine. Maybe even The Colour Of My Love and Trois Heures Vingt. I would love her to sing full version(or even a different version by lyrics and arrangements of vocals) of Its All Coming Back To Me Now and Because You Loved Me. 2 Quote
Ukrfan Posted August 31, 2021 at 10:43 AM Posted August 31, 2021 at 10:43 AM (edited) Here is my ideal dream set list :giggle: 1. I Drove All Night2. The Power of Love3. Because You Loved Me4. To Love You More5. It's All Coming Back to Me Now6. Beauty and the Beast7. How Does a Moment Live Forever?8. Courage9. The Prayer (duet with Barnev Valsaint) 10. Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore11. I'm Alive12. That's the Way It Is13. Incrediblle (duet with Barnev Valsaint) 14. The Show Must Go On15. You're the Voice16. Love Can Move Mountains17. River Deep, Mountain High18. My Heart Will Go On :-D :-D Edited August 31, 2021 at 10:46 AM by Ukrfan 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 31, 2021 at 12:01 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 12:01 PM In a new interview, Claudette said that Michel is retired and came back to Quebec, so he won’t be with Celine anymore. So happy to hear he’s gone… always thought he was too big for his boots. With all these people leaving it really gives me hope that this new chapter is going to be great! Great news! Quote
Celinelife Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:47 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 02:47 PM This Forum rules are to be kind to each other.. please follow 1 Quote
MTJ Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:22 PM Posted August 31, 2021 at 03:22 PM (edited) I hope they'll pull out some old remixes for the new show. Before Courage they played a playlist of different top 40 hits mixed with random Celine dance mixes. I remember TTWII and THLAL, specifically.Better than that, for TCWT they used the old mix of IA with parts of an old mix of MHWGO. Throughout her career she's used the dance mix of Unison.Celine has said a couple times this new show is going to have the hits, but in a new way.LCMM, Misled, IACBTMN, THLAL, MHWGO, TLYM, TTWII, IWYTNM, IA, AND, IDAN, TC, Ashes, FOMO - any of these have multiple, fabulous dance versions to chose from to incorporate. Maybe even a dance medley of her own hits? Me, I don't think I can come up with a setlist myself, I would want to be paid to do so! Edited August 31, 2021 at 03:26 PM by MTJ 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.