Nmj Posted September 3, 2021 at 05:14 PM Posted September 3, 2021 at 05:14 PM It's my favourite too. Very new, fresh and upbeat for Celine Lets not forget also some of her most pure and Crysal clear vocals as well! 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 3, 2021 at 06:22 PM Posted September 3, 2021 at 06:22 PM I know maybe not popular on this forum, but the “One Heart” album is one of favorites I hope so sings a medley of them at least some of the gems include… “Stand By Your Side”, Naked”, “Reveal”, “I Know What Love Is”. I feel like One Heart has its parts greater than the whole. I wish Celine had just made an entire dance album, leaning more into songs and vibes like "One Heart" and "Reveal". Instead I feel the album suffers a bit of an identity crisis, but I really enjoy her vocals and the production. Quote
ryba Posted September 3, 2021 at 06:52 PM Posted September 3, 2021 at 06:52 PM (edited) I know maybe not popular on this forum, but the “One Heart” album is one of favorites I hope so sings a medley of them at least some of the gems include… “Stand By Your Side”, Naked”, “Reveal”, “I Know What Love Is”.OH and ANDHC are my favourite Celine Dion albums! As for the new show, I would love an acoustic guitar medley of SBYS and Naked. And I can totally imagine Reveal as an extended interlude with some stunning video visuals showing Celine (like the swimming scenes before MHWGO in the Courage tour), or even as the intro for the show. The song would finally be fully showcased to the public as it deserves, and it would create a great atmosphere and anticipation if used as an intro. Just imagine when after the bridge the studio tracks ends with "feels so good, I want to cry" and then the music continues while she appears on stage and immediately starts the following suitable song live. That would be a show intro!!! Edited September 3, 2021 at 06:59 PM by ryba 2 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted September 3, 2021 at 07:29 PM Posted September 3, 2021 at 07:29 PM I know maybe not popular on this forum, but the “One Heart” album is one of favorites I hope so sings a medley of them at least some of the gems include… “Stand By Your Side”, Naked”, “Reveal”, “I Know What Love Is”. I love One Heart - up there with Céline’s best! One of the strongest albums for really good upbeat tracks, and I Know What Love Is remains one of my favorite Céline ballads from her entire career. I think the album gets mired a bit in perceptions driven by the whole Chrysler sponsorship (a giant logo in the inlay? Ugh!), the repeat use of album and b-side/bonus tracks from ANDHC, and how quickly it was thrown together for promotional reasons rather than a true artistic desire. And yet for all that, it somehow came together really well. Except for the inclusion of HYEBIL - I immediately removed that from my version (well, digitally anyway). 3 Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 4, 2021 at 06:57 AM Posted September 4, 2021 at 06:57 AM I know maybe not popular on this forum, but the “One Heart” album is one of favorites I hope so sings a medley of them at least some of the gems include… “Stand By Your Side”, Naked”, “Reveal”, “I Know What Love Is”.If she will do an acoustic medley "stand by your side" would really fit, I always imagine an acoustic version of "taking chances" too 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:43 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:43 PM I hope she sings HDAMLF instead of BATB. I personally like BATB more and it’s more iconic. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:50 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:50 PM Lets not forget also some of her most pure and Crysal clear vocals as well! Yes, to me the ANDHC and OH albums have the most pleasant vocal tone of all her albums. They’re not just crystal clear but there’s also a kind of warmth to it and not too much nasality. You can hear it if you compare “L’amour existe encore” from 1991 to “Aún existe amor” from 2002. The latter sounds more pleasant. I love her voice on TC but it lacks that special something. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:53 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 01:53 PM Does anyone else think “Ashes” would work as the show opener? It fits with the times (can beauty come out of ashes?), it’s her biggest hit in recent years (and in terms of streams one of her biggest ever) and it fits with the elegant, clean Vegas concept (if that’s what they’re going for). It’s not my favorite song but I can’t deny it would work very well. 4 Quote The best is yet to come...
CelineDionFreak Posted September 4, 2021 at 04:01 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 04:01 PM Does anyone else think “Ashes” would work as the show opener? It fits with the times (can beauty come out of ashes?), it’s her biggest hit in recent years (and in terms of streams one of her biggest ever) and it fits with the elegant, clean Vegas concept (if that’s what they’re going for). It’s not my favorite song but I can’t deny it would work very well.You know I’ve been thinking it would be perfect as the second song in the show! Open with something big and theatrical, then fade into ashes. She could give a speech after about how it’s perfect for the times, the lyrics, etc etc. It would so work! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
smw Posted September 4, 2021 at 06:42 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 06:42 PM You know I’ve been thinking it would be perfect as the second song in the show! Open with something big and theatrical, then fade into ashes. She could give a speech after about how it’s perfect for the times, the lyrics, etc etc. It would so work! Yes! I love this idea. 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 4, 2021 at 07:31 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 07:31 PM well guys 2 Months from Tomorrow it will be Opening Night , WHO'S ready , And from Here Who's going to be there and where are you sitting ? 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:08 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:08 PM I disagree about Ashes. It’s not “big” enough, imho. It’d be a bit of a downer opening. I’m hoping for something more upbeat and energizing. Can’t wait to find out. Only 2 more months!! 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:43 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:43 PM LCMM will be the opening song 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:57 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 08:57 PM You know I've been thinking it would be perfect as the second song in the show! Open with something big and theatrical, then fade into ashes. She could give a speech after about how it's perfect for the times, the lyrics, etc etc. It would so work! Which big and theatrical song should she choose? Quote
PuraVida Posted September 4, 2021 at 09:01 PM Posted September 4, 2021 at 09:01 PM Yes, to me the ANDHC and OH albums have the most pleasant vocal tone of all her albums. They’re not just crystal clear but there’s also a kind of warmth to it and not too much nasality. You can hear it if you compare “L’amour existe encore” from 1991 to “Aún existe amor” from 2002. The latter sounds more pleasant. I love her voice on TC but it lacks that special something. For me her 1992 album had her best tone. 2 Quote
MTJ Posted September 5, 2021 at 12:19 AM Posted September 5, 2021 at 12:19 AM well guys 2 Months from Tomorrow it will be Opening Night , WHO'S ready , And from Here Who's going to be there and where are you sitting? I'm ready!!! Sitting in the front and center of the lower mezzanine. Seats 419-420. I do not expect she will include Ashes. I wouldn't be surprised if it never sees the light of day again. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 5, 2021 at 03:49 AM Posted September 5, 2021 at 03:49 AM I think we will expect new added songs (old songs) for this new show Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:01 AM Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:01 AM I think we will expect new added songs (old songs) for this new show I sincerely hope you're right. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:18 AM Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:18 AM Hopefully we get a rehearsals leak... 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:30 AM Posted September 5, 2021 at 04:30 AM Celine is about the same age Barbra was when Barbra put on this concert tour. I wonder if Celine willl have gotten any inspiration from it, especially as I would count this as a quite intimate concert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHO64tK-J9U Quote
smw Posted September 5, 2021 at 07:34 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 07:34 PM Celine is about the same age Barbra was when Barbra put on this concert tour. I wonder if Celine willl have gotten any inspiration from it, especially as I would count this as a quite intimate concert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHO64tK-J9U I'm always hoping Celine goes back to Barbra and Whitney (in the early days) for inspiration. When Celine was inspired by them, it brought out the very best in her voice. I think when the general public goes to see a Celine Dion concert, they crave a classy / elegant / once in a lifetime evening. So I hope this new show delivers on elegance. Her last residency started out as very elegant, and it just dragged on for too long. (The last residency logo for "Celine" also had some major Barbra vibes). I hope this long time off / rest has recharged Celine's batteries. I bet she didn't even realize how exhausted she was until she was forced to stop and take a break. Quote
nuts2you Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:07 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:07 PM I have a question , Not sure if anyone would know the answer but anyway,, Since everything is on your cell phone (ticket) ,and if a person doesnt have a cell phone to retrieve there ticket what do you do, Can you get the ticket at the Box office? I have a Friend that is coming and she Blind ,and wants to know? What should she do Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:13 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:13 PM (edited) I'm always hoping Celine goes back to Barbra and Whitney (in the early days) for inspiration. When Celine was inspired by them, it brought out the very best in her voice. I think when the general public goes to see a Celine Dion concert, they crave a classy / elegant / once in a lifetime evening. So I hope this new show delivers on elegance. Her last residency started out as very elegant, and it just dragged on for too long. (The last residency logo for "Celine" also had some major Barbra vibes). I hope this long time off / rest has recharged Celine's batteries. I bet she didn't even realize how exhausted she was until she was forced to stop and take a break.Yeah it was very elegant but at the same time it was way too old fashioned in term of wardrobe and the set list sucked #ss with all those boring and random covers. The 2011 show had 10 random covers (including the James Bond medley and the Michael Jackson medley) out of a set list of only 18 songs. Edited September 5, 2021 at 08:18 PM by GoldenLeaf Quote
nuts2you Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:28 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:28 PM (edited) if anybody follows the Red Heads they just Posted A picture of Celine rehearsing ,, Excited times ahead for sure Two Months from today ITS OPENING Night Edited September 5, 2021 at 08:29 PM by nuts2you Quote
smw Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:39 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:39 PM if anybody follows the Red Heads they just Posted A picture of Celine rehearsing ,, Excited times ahead for sure Two Months from today ITS OPENING Night Yay! Very exciting. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:42 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:42 PM It's an old picture taken at CP I think, no? But I was reading the comments and looks like there will be a lot of empty seats if the borders don't open in time to EU travelers... Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:49 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 08:49 PM if anybody follows the Red Heads they just Posted A picture of Celine rehearsing ,, Excited times ahead for sure Two Months from today ITS OPENING NightTo me it looks like they edited an old picture, pretty sure I've already seen it in the past lol! Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 5, 2021 at 09:19 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 09:19 PM I know the theatre still ain’t 100% complete so not sure if she’s rehearsing elsewhere or not for now but she was at Resorts World last week. 4 Quote
Nmj Posted September 5, 2021 at 10:39 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 10:39 PM It's an old picture taken at CP I think, no? But I was reading the comments and looks like there will be a lot of empty seats if the borders don't open in time to EU travelers... That photo was posted on her Instagram, during rehearsals in preparation for the “courage” world tour. Quote
actofcontrition Posted September 5, 2021 at 11:28 PM Posted September 5, 2021 at 11:28 PM For me her 1992 album had her best tone. The Celine Dion album is a MASTERPIECE! From the beginning to the end, the photoshoot, the cover, the videos : everything is perfect! By far my favorite album! Ive always felt this album is underated.. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.