PuraVida Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:07 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:07 PM They couldn't even come up with a different name for the residency, I really lost some hopes. Dieu knows I am always very skeptical of her team, I am split on this choice. On the one hand it is iconic to just have her name and contineu to have that be the title. It's like "yup, it's me, the ONE AND ONLY". A legend who you'll come to see no matter the show title. On the other hand, yes a new title would have been exciting. But they probably didn't have the concept and details planned out, so there was no basis to give a new title. Quote
ehild Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:09 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:09 PM So there may not be a vaccine mandate anyway because the venue is owned by Resort's World and not AEG? How disappointing, hope they'll come around. But the artist might have a say anyway? https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/resorts-world-holds-off-authorizing-proof-of-vax-policy-2425304/RW may technically own the the theater but they partnered with AEG to book the events, etc. And they can definitely require it of ticketholders who purchased from them (notice we didn't buy the tickets directly from RW but via AXS/AEG). Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Nmj Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:12 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:12 PM Dieu knows I am always very skeptical of her team, I am split on this choice. On the one hand it is iconic to just have her name and contineu to have that be the title. It's like "yup, it's me, the ONE AND ONLY". A legend who you'll come to see no matter the show title. On the other hand, yes a new title would have been exciting. But they probably didn't have the concept and details planned out, so there was no basis to give a new title. Yeah just last minute laziness. I think the first show was intended to be called “Celine” but I think RW wanted an announcement earlier that Celine decided if the show would have a theme or even started to think about a direction of the show. Quote
ehild Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:16 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:16 PM Dieu knows I am always very skeptical of her team, I am split on this choice. On the one hand it is iconic to just have her name and contineu to have that be the title. It's like "yup, it's me, the ONE AND ONLY". A legend who you'll come to see no matter the show title. On the other hand, yes a new title would have been exciting. But they probably didn't have the concept and details planned out, so there was no basis to give a new title.It seems like each of them have one word show titles (Play for Katy Perry, Reflection for Carrie and just Vegas for Luke...seems like someone drew names out of a hat or something lol). It may be AEG or RW that chose the names?? I'd guess the artists had some input but who knows. Perhaps they're just banking on her name, no gimmicks or show names, to draw audiences in. That alone doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be the same show or same format. Yes, I'm sure we'll get a good bit of "the hits" but changing up the band/orchestra is a sign they're re-imagining the show concept. We'll know for sure opening night. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:17 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:17 PM There have been a lot of pretty interesting changes recently from her camp… so either she has a new manager or she made the most of the pandemic and done an online management course while in that farm! 2 Quote
Nmj Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:23 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:23 PM It seems like each of them have one word show titles (Play for Katy Perry, Reflection for Carrie and just Vegas for Luke...seems like someone drew names out of a hat or something lol). It may be AEG or RW that chose the names?? I'd guess the artists had some input but who knows. Perhaps they're just banking on her name, no gimmicks or show names, to draw audiences in. That alone doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be the same show or same format. Yes, I'm sure we'll get a good bit of "the hits" but changing up the band/orchestra is a sign they're re-imagining the show concept. We'll know for sure opening night. Resorts World doesn’t have the authority to name the show. They buy the artist, and artist is allowed to do anything they want with the show… with possibly the exception of a holding them to a time limit like Caesars did but seeemd to relax later on. Quote
Nmj Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:24 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:24 PM There have been a lot of pretty interesting changes recently from her camp… so either she has a new manager or she made the most of the pandemic and done an online management course while in that farm! So basically what do we have so far….. The Trumpet player is gone…? Pepe unfollowed then refollowed Celine Anything else? 2 Quote
ehild Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:28 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:28 PM (edited) Resorts World doesn’t have the authority to name the show. They buy the artist, and artist is allowed to do anything they want with the show… with possibly the exception of a holding them to a time limit like Caesars did but seeemd to relax later on.Gotcha. I was just speculating because all 4 artists have one word show titles. "Celine" definitely keeps up with that trend/theme. Lol I remember in an interview earlier in the year the president of RW said Celine had a lot of say/final say about things in regards to the theater, etc. I wonder if she stipulated all the artists had to have one word show titles?? Could you imagine? 🤣🤣 Edited August 23, 2021 at 10:29 PM by ehild 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Nmj Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:41 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 10:41 PM Gotcha. I was just speculating because all 4 artists have one word show titles. "Celine" definitely keeps up with that trend/theme. Lol I remember in an interview earlier in the year the president of RW said Celine had a lot of say/final say about things in regards to the theater, etc. I wonder if she stipulated all the artists had to have one word show titles?? Could you imagine? 🤣🤣 Lol you never know. I would’ve liked if she maybe called her show something more than one word but, Celine: “Desert Road from Vegas to nowhere” All joking aside she should’ve named it something tho, even after a track… Can you imagine the show was called “Superwoman”, with Celine in a cape… hell they could’ve used the EOM pics with the cape lol. 2 Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 23, 2021 at 11:33 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 11:33 PM So basically what do we have so far….. The Trumpet player is gone…? Pepe unfollowed then refollowed Celine Anything else? Most of the orchestra is gone, Pepe seemed to be temporarily gone, Zhane has apparently been contacted to rejoin her camp for Vegas, she had final say/ input on the theatres specifics and technicalities, they’ve actually said something less vague than “Its gonna be a show with some of the old ones and a few new ones as well” and according to some, she’s been in direct contact with two specific designers for this show (Schiaparelli and Versace)... more that she usually does that’s for sure anyways. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted August 23, 2021 at 11:44 PM Posted August 23, 2021 at 11:44 PM Most of the orchestra is gone, Pepe seemed to be temporarily gone, Zhane has apparently been contacted to rejoin her camp for Vegas, she had final say/ input on the theatres specifics and technicalities, they’ve actually said something less vague than “Its gonna be a show with some of the old ones and a few new ones as well” and according to some, she’s been in direct contact with two specific designers for this show (Schiaparelli and Versace)... more that she usually does that’s for sure anyways. Thanks, I had no idea that most of the Orchestra is gone, I thought just a few people maybe. Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 24, 2021 at 12:05 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 12:05 AM Thanks, I had no idea that most of the Orchestra is gone, I thought just a few people maybe. I think strings are staying? And there will probably be like one trumpeter maybe, but as far as we know the entire brass section is gone, as are woodwinds and probably a few of the strings too. Seems she’s going back to her classic sized band, but with two guitarists and a small string section 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 24, 2021 at 01:58 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 01:58 AM Most of the orchestra is gone, Pepe seemed to be temporarily gone, Zhane has apparently been contacted to rejoin her camp for Vegas, she had final say/ input on the theatres specifics and technicalities, they’ve actually said something less vague than “Its gonna be a show with some of the old ones and a few new ones as well” and according to some, she’s been in direct contact with two specific designers for this show (Schiaparelli and Versace)... more that she usually does that’s for sure anyways.Where’d we hear about Schiaparelli and Versace?? Now I’m curious!! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
MTJ Posted August 24, 2021 at 02:14 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 02:14 AM (edited) So basically what do we have so far….. The Trumpet player is gone…?Pepe unfollowed then refollowed Celine Anything else? Pepe will be back, one way or another. I'm excited to see him at the premier. Most of the orchestra is gone, Pepe seemed to be temporarily gone, Zhane has apparently been contacted to rejoin her camp for Vegas, she had final say/ input on the theatres specifics and technicalities, they've actually said something less vague than "Its gonna be a show with some of the old ones and a few new ones as well" and according to some, she's been in direct contact with two specific designers for this show (Schiaparelli and Versace)... more that she usually does that's for sure anyways. Interesting info you've got there...Please give us more on this "something less vague" they said concerning the concept, even if you can't say specific details. I wanna know every thing I can about this show going in!!! Edited August 24, 2021 at 02:17 AM by MTJ Quote
MTJ Posted August 24, 2021 at 02:25 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 02:25 AM (edited) Where'd we hear about Schiaparelli and Versace?? Now I'm curious!! She's met with a few of these big designers many times and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (I think Donatella is in love with /obsessed with Celine). I'm sure they all have each other's personal contact info. How else did you expect she would spend her time doing during shutdown, other than Zooming with haute couturiers? I bet as things slowed down so much and she had extra time to focus on her interests, the need for a stylist for this show may have fallen away as she participated more in the fashions for this new show. Paris fashion week and a mini tour some future date, I think we can expect her Pepe posse back in place. Courage tour, too, I hope! (If Donatella loves Celine, I love Pepe!!!) Edited August 24, 2021 at 02:26 AM by MTJ 1 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:41 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:41 AM Gotcha. I was just speculating because all 4 artists have one word show titles. "Celine" definitely keeps up with that trend/theme. Lol I remember in an interview earlier in the year the president of RW said Celine had a lot of say/final say about things in regards to the theater, etc. I wonder if she stipulated all the artists had to have one word show titles?? Could you imagine? 🤣🤣Courage, Dion, etc., So many one word titles for her. This doesn't look like a perfect excuse. And for the "pick out of hat" stuff,Celine and her team has to drop it quickly. She did something like that for setlists of CWT Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 24, 2021 at 06:50 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 06:50 AM Pepe will be back, one way or another. I'm excited to see him at the premier. Interesting info you've got there...Please give us more on this "something less vague" they said concerning the concept, even if you can't say specific details. I wanna know every thing I can about this show going in!!! It was just based on what Celine herself had said in interviews giving key works like “intimate” “it’s gonna be a feeling, a new feeling, sharing what we’ve learned over this time, it’s gonna be special” , as well as what was shared in one of the articles where they mentioned the show being somehow both “intimate and spectacular”... I myself don’t know anything special lol 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 24, 2021 at 06:53 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 06:53 AM Where’d we hear about Schiaparelli and Versace?? Now I’m curious!! One of the big Fashion Rumor pages on Instagram (is one of the ones who has predicted various fashion collabs between brands and houses, houses and artists and met gala lists) said that agents for Schiaparelli and Versace had been in direct contact with her for styling this new show... how true that is tho, I don’t know. But it sounds legit considering how into Schiaparelli and Vegas she’s bexome in recent years 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 24, 2021 at 07:12 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 07:12 AM Intimate to me sounds like more acoustics, more piano, less flashing lights. Which songs are intimate in Celine's career? 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 24, 2021 at 09:49 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 09:49 AM Intimate to me sounds like more acoustics, more piano, less flashing lights. Which songs are intimate in Celine's career? During Medleys Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 24, 2021 at 10:37 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 10:37 AM Intimate to me sounds like more acoustics, more piano, less flashing lights. Which songs are intimate in Celine's career?Maybe she will sing TCOML, thank you, courage and recovering in this show. Those songs with a deep meaning to her/or a intimate, beautiful message came to my mind first and of course BYLM but that's gonna be there anyway Quote
Celinelife Posted August 24, 2021 at 11:21 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 11:21 AM Maybe she will sing TCOML, thank you, courage and recovering in this show. Those songs with a deep meaning to her/or a intimate, beautiful message came to my mind first and of course BYLM but that's gonna be there anywayHope she also does something which includes fans interactions like kiss cams, dance cams or a like she did on Immortality for Las Vegas. Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 24, 2021 at 11:49 AM Posted August 24, 2021 at 11:49 AM (edited) Hope she also does something which includes fans interactions like kiss cams, dance cams or a like she did on Immortality for Las Vegas.That would be wonderful, she could sing BYLM in full while doing the same thing as with immortality Edited August 24, 2021 at 11:50 AM by ordinary fan 1 Quote
ehild Posted August 24, 2021 at 12:03 PM Posted August 24, 2021 at 12:03 PM Hope she also does something which includes fans interactions like kiss cams, dance cams or a like she did on Immortality for Las Vegas.Maybe after Covid dies down lol. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
symon Posted August 24, 2021 at 04:48 PM Posted August 24, 2021 at 04:48 PM I have thought about something : they could use the big screen and the lights, and all the current technologies, to make as if the stage was a central one, and the theatre just a portion of a biiig stadium , with in the screen the rest of the stadium, the crowd, the dancers etc. Like that people could enjoy a big big concert, I mean with very good technology pushing people in, with Céline with them, singing for them and near of them. Could be completely New, very vegas and also intimate. Quote
symon Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:10 PM Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:10 PM And for the setlist :1.I'm Alive : long introduction with big bass and Celine begins just at the first chorus, with a Big choir2.Courage 3.speech then Superwoman4.thank you Diane W, and then because you loved me 5.the prayer 6.a New day has come-first costume change-7.Tina Turner Medley : missing you, whatever you want, proud mary8.musical transition on River deep mountain high then declaration of love9.Ashes 10.loved me back to life11.heart of glass12.2nd costume change then acoustic guitar introduction with my heart will go on, same as in the a New day credit, and Céline sings a medley : part of MHWGO+power of love in beautiful and soft versions 13.Miracle with children on screen 14.then you look AT me, finishing in black, Céline disappereing, crazy noises and atmosphere15.3d change then Céline comes on i drive all night16.eyes on me with dancing17.le ballet 2017 version18.happy 19.love Can move mountains with the choir coming again20.Prayer (andhc) with the choir 21 encore with the colour of my love, René tribute Quote
george_matei Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:47 PM Posted August 24, 2021 at 05:47 PM And for the setlist :1.I'm Alive : long introduction with big bass and Celine begins just at the first chorus, with a Big choir2.Courage 3.speech then Superwoman4.thank you Diane W, and then because you loved me 5.the prayer 6.a New day has come-first costume change-7.Tina Turner Medley : missing you, whatever you want, proud mary8.musical transition on River deep mountain high then declaration of love9.Ashes 10.loved me back to life11.heart of glass12.2nd costume change then acoustic guitar introduction with my heart will go on, same as in the a New day credit, and Céline sings a medley : part of MHWGO+power of love in beautiful and soft versions 13.Miracle with children on screen 14.then you look AT me, finishing in black, Céline disappereing, crazy noises and atmosphere15.3d change then Céline comes on i drive all night16.eyes on me with dancing17.le ballet 2017 version18.happy 19.love Can move mountains with the choir coming again20.Prayer (andhc) with the choir 21 encore with the colour of my love, René tributeNot my fave, but it'll be great to see something like this. I have to say, I want MHWGO to be singing in original. 1 Quote
MTJ Posted August 24, 2021 at 10:03 PM Posted August 24, 2021 at 10:03 PM And for the setlist :1.I'm Alive : long introduction with big bass and Celine begins just at the first chorus, with a Big choir2.Courage3.speech then Superwoman4.thank you Diane W, and then because you loved me5.the prayer6.a New day has come-first costume change-7.Tina Turner Medley : missing you, whatever you want, proud mary8.musical transition on River deep mountain high then declaration of love9.Ashes10.loved me back to life11.heart of glass12.2nd costume change then acoustic guitar introduction with my heart will go on, same as in the a New day credit, and Céline sings a medley : part of MHWGO+power of love in beautiful and soft versions13.Miracle with children on screen14.then you look AT me, finishing in black, Céline disappereing, crazy noises and atmosphere15.3d change then Céline comes on i drive all night16.eyes on me with dancing17.le ballet 2017 version18.happy19.love Can move mountains with the choir coming again20.Prayer (andhc) with the choir21 encore with the colour of my love, René tribute I think it would be callous to the BLM cause for Celine to pull out a choir for random pop songs like I'm Alive - we aren't in 1996 anymore. Also, I'm not wanting her to focus into Tina (as much as I love Tina). There are plenty of other covers out there for her to try on. In terms of the push and pull of your setlist, I don't think the show is going to be that much of an emotional rollercoaster, with no children and choirs and tributes and songs of intense desperation, and with "Happy" right after 2017 Le ballet. The casino is trying to get people excited, not emotionally exhausted. I'm looking forward to some classics, some covers, some flashy tech, and some beautiful costumes. Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 25, 2021 at 01:14 AM Posted August 25, 2021 at 01:14 AM I think it would be callous to the BLM cause for Celine to pull out a choir for random pop songs like I'm Alive - we aren't in 1996 anymore. Also, I'm not wanting her to focus into Tina (as much as I love Tina). There are plenty of other covers out there for her to try on. In terms of the push and pull of your setlist, I don't think the show is going to be that much of an emotional rollercoaster, with no children and choirs and tributes and songs of intense desperation, and with "Happy" right after 2017 Le ballet. The casino is trying to get people excited, not emotionally exhausted. I'm looking forward to some classics, some covers, some flashy tech, and some beautiful costumes. Callous towards the BLM cause just because of a choir being included? Good grief. That's like saying including male dancers during a number is callous to the gay populous. Not every person in a choir is black. Not every male dancer is gay. I'm all for the BLM movement, but I think you're taking things to an insanely extreme level with this one. 1 Quote
MTJ Posted August 25, 2021 at 01:39 AM Posted August 25, 2021 at 01:39 AM (edited) Callous towards the BLM cause just because of a choir being included? Good grief. That's like saying including male dancers during a number is callous to the gay populous. Not every person in a choir is black. Not every male dancer is gay. I'm all for the BLM movement, but I think you're taking things to an insanely extreme level with this one. Maybe so, but here in the South, my experience with choirs is this: they originated in African American Southern Baptist churches. For a French, white, Catholic lady to take a gospel choir and insert it into random songs in a Las Vegas show, yes that strikes me as callous appropriation. It may have been acceptable up until now, and even popular in many pop songs, but times and ethics have changed. And no, it's not like saying including male dancers is callous to the gay population. That statement doesn't even make sense. It's not about whether people in the choir are black or white because choirs are inherently black. Male dancers are not inherently gay. Anyway, it isn't a matter to discuss anymore here. It was a made-up setlist. Edited August 25, 2021 at 01:44 AM by MTJ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.