ehild Posted August 20, 2021 at 01:31 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 01:31 AM (edited) m Vegas is known to be fast but they definitely seem a ways off from it being complete. Which is crazy to me! We nearly in September now which is 2 months away from the launch of “Celine”…and they ain’t done yet and where will the time for rehearsals be? The show opens November 5, I would hope by October 5th they would be able to get some in theatre rehearsals in. it kinda of reminds me of CP from AND behind the scenes ,where is watching the dancers rehearsalWhen they started rehearsals in Florida for Celine that opened in 2011 they used a studio/warehouse space initially. I'd have to imagine they'd be doing the same thing with this show until they can get into the actual theater. I don't think they're doing nothing. I mean if they already made cuts to the orchestra that tells me something is going on behind the scenes we just don't know about yet. I will say it looked mostly done, just need the walls, flooring, seating,etc. installed. Those kinds of things can be done pretty quickly if they work around the clock. Even leading up to the RW opening they were doing stuff week-of. We still have a little over 2 1/2 months...a lot can happen in that time frame. Edited August 20, 2021 at 01:32 AM by ehild 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 20, 2021 at 03:54 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 03:54 AM Garth Brooks and Nine Inch Nails have both cancelled the rest of touring for 2021 due to the virus. Ticket holders may wanna get prepared for the inevitable. Just like rain, tax. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 20, 2021 at 04:49 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 04:49 AM Garth Brooks and Nine Inch Nails have both cancelled the rest of touring for 2021 due to the virus. Ticket holders may wanna get prepared for the inevitable. Just like rain, tax. Garth Brooks cancelled due to the stadium tour. He was filling arenas over 30,0000 people…. Not 5,000 like a Vegas show. Usher has already been filling the Colosseum at Caesars Palace among others. AEG already stamped their insurance policy with the new mandatory requirement of vaccine to attend. They won’t cancel this show unless the whole state of Nevada shut down, which won’t happen. 4 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 10:35 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 10:35 AM Yeah - Garth Brooks is completely different. His are stadium/arena concerts just like CWT, which was postponed to 2022. Vegas shows and Broadway shows are different in that they play to much smaller audiences. Broadway performances have already begun as have Vegas productions. Celine’s Vegas show will go on….and on. I’ve said it before, Resorts World has to open the theater to start making back their money. AEG put the vaccination requirements in place and I believe I read that mask wearing will soon be required indoors in Nevada. I could be wrong about that though. I know that, on the federal level, mask wearing as a requirement on all forms of travel got extended to Jan. 31 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:43 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:43 AM https://thingstodoinlasvegas.com/las-vegas-mask-requirements/#:~:text=New%20standards%20and%20enhanced%20protocols%20are%20listed%20below,points%20and%20throughout%20the%20property%20at%20security%20podiums. Yes, it looks as if masks are once again required for any indoor activity in Las Vegas. Celine, the show, will most definitely open as scheduled, as will the other headliners' shows. This is off-topic but I panicked for a brief second when I read an article's headline this morning saying American Airlines will not serve alcohol on flights until 2022. I'm flying AA to Celine's show and am an extremely nervous flyer. With an almost 6 hour flight from NYC, Imma need a cocktail or three to stay relaxed. Luckily, when I read the actual article, the no-alcohol rule is only for the main cabin. Crisis diverted! 1 Quote
ehild Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:53 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:53 AM https://thingstodoinlasvegas.com/las-vegas-mask-requirements/#:~:text=New%20standards%20and%20enhanced%20protocols%20are%20listed%20below,points%20and%20throughout%20the%20property%20at%20security%20podiums. Yes, it looks as if masks are once again required for any indoor activity in Las Vegas. Celine, the show, will most definitely open as scheduled, as will the other headliners' shows. This is off-topic but I panicked for a brief second when I read an article's headline this morning saying American Airlines will not serve alcohol on flights until 2022. I'm flying AA to Celine's show and am an extremely nervous flyer. With an almost 6 hour flight from NYC, Imma need a cocktail or three to stay relaxed. Luckily, when I read the actual article, the no-alcohol rule is only for the main cabin. Crisis diverted! Exactly! Not saying it can't or won't get canceled because anything could happen but it's highly unlikely, at least at the current moment. I really feel like for Vegas to stop would take another shut down but who knows. AA only made that announcement because of ppl assaulting flight attendants and just generally being a******* right now (because they don't want to wear a mask but yet still choose to fly...). I'd say if they extend that rule beyond main cabin, have a drink or 2 before you get on board to help calm your nerves. Just get plastered and get booted off altogether lol. I'm flying United....hoping no incidents occur. I feel like I'd mom-voice the entire plane if anyone messed with me getting there 🤣🤣 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:59 AM Posted August 20, 2021 at 11:59 AM Exactly! Not saying it can't or won't get canceled because anything could happen but it's highly unlikely, at least at the current moment. I really feel like for Vegas to stop would take another shut down but who knows. AA only made that announcement because of ppl assaulting flight attendants and just generally being a******* right now (because they don't want to wear a mask but yet still choose to fly...). I'd say if they extend that rule beyond main cabin, have a drink or 2 before you get on board to help calm your nerves. Just get plastered and get booted off altogether lol. I'm flying United....hoping no incidents occur. I feel like I'd mom-voice the entire plane if anyone messed with me getting there Agree - and I think, from everything I've read, the United States will not shutdown again under any circumstances. The blow to people's finances would just be too disastrous. As you said, anything can happen, but I'm reading more and more where our government and scientific communities are saying that we're just going to have to learn to live with Covid. We've gone beyond the point where we can eradicate it. And, if you're vaccinated, you're protected against all variants as far as severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death. So the world will keep turning... There's no way AA will stop serving alcohol in first class though. Talk about a riot breaking out on the plane! 1 Quote
smw Posted August 20, 2021 at 04:57 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 04:57 PM (edited) I just got back from a trip to Vegas, and everything felt way safer than I anticipated.Everyone was wearing masks indoors - and most people kept them on outdoors.There were tons of hand sanitizer stations, many hotels provided free masks in the lobbies, I saw a lot of cleaning happening, etc. I got to see a few shows - O, Mystere, RuPaul's Drag Race Live, and Blue Man Group. All of the shows felt very safe, and the audiences were all having a wonderful time. In the Cirque shows, many of the performers (and all of the staff) were also wearing masks. After seeing firsthand how Vegas is handling everything, I think Celine's show will move forward.I popped over to Resorts World to get a sneak peek.It was very exciting to see Celine's show being advertised. I thought I'd share this to ease some anxiety for others who are currently planning a trip to Vegas. Edited August 20, 2021 at 05:00 PM by smw 7 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 05:00 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 05:00 PM I just got back from a trip to Vegas, and everything felt way safer than I anticipated.Everyone was wearing masks indoors - and most people kept them on outdoors.There were tons of hand sanitizer stations, many hotels provided free masks in the lobbies, I saw a lot of cleaning happening, etc. I got to see a few shows - O, Mystere, RuPaul's Drag Race Live, and Blue Man Group. All of the shows felt very safe, and the audiences were all having a wonderful time. In the Cirque shows, many of the performers (and all of the staff) were also wearing masks. After seeing firsthand how Vegas is handling everything, I think Celine's show will move forward.I popped over to Resorts World to get a sneak peek.It was very exciting to see Celine's show being advertised. What did you think of Resorts World from the little you saw of it? I'm super curious! Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted August 20, 2021 at 05:55 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 05:55 PM What did you think of Resorts World from the little you saw of it? I'm super curious!I stayed there in July and I loved it. Very beautiful and the food court's theme is Asian street food. The hotel lobbys are small (except for Crocksford, the most grand).The rooms at the Conrad were spacious and beautiful with rain showers. I would love to stay there again, but the prices need to dip down! 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:03 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:03 PM I stayed there in July and I loved it. Very beautiful and the food court's theme is Asian street food. The hotel lobbys are small (except for Crocksford, the most grand).The rooms at the Conrad were spacious and beautiful with rain showers. I would love to stay there again, but the prices need to dip down! Thanks for the info. The Conrad is where I'm staying with the 50% off offer. Sounds great - I love a good rain shower! I am not a fan of Asian food and I noticed on their website that Asian seemed to be the theme they were going with. There looked like there might be an Italian restaurant open by the time of Celine's show that I may check out. I'm also hoping the spa is open by then. 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:11 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:11 PM Thanks for the info. The Conrad is where I'm staying with the 50% off offer. Sounds great - I love a good rain shower! I am not a fan of Asian food and I noticed on their website that Asian seemed to be the theme they were going with. There looked like there might be an Italian restaurant open by the time of Celine's show that I may check out. I'm also hoping the spa is open by then.There's a great place that specializes in charcuterie and wine called Wally's. I also saw a beautiful Mexican restaurant, but didn't eat there. Also a place that sells alcohol infused ice cream, and a vegan soda shop. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:20 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:20 PM There's a great place that specializes in charcuterie and wine called Wally's. I also saw a beautiful Mexican restaurant, but didn't eat there. Also a place that sells alcohol infused ice cream, and a vegan soda shop. Ooooo, those all sound really interesting. Thanks! Ugh - is it November yet? 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:46 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:46 PM (edited) I hope she includes a least a medley of rarity’s in the new show, but I’m not too optimistic, considering that on tour she could safely do that more as more of the audience are the fan base than Vegas and we see what we got with the CWT. In Vegas I’m afraid they will cater to more of the average joe, and include more cover songs like she’s already has done. She’s paid tribute to Stevie Wonder, Sinatra, Elvis, Prince, MJ, Queen/ Freddie Mercury, Streisand, John Lennon, Bond movies, etc. Time to pay tribute to yourself Celine, after all this is now the second residency show that you named after yourself. Still baffled how they couldn’t come up with a different name for the show after she had the same name of “Celine” at Caesars… Edited August 20, 2021 at 06:48 PM by Nmj 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:54 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 06:54 PM To the one that have gone so far,, will there be a celine store ,? where would you recommend for any fans that would like to meet up before or after a show, Quote
nuts2you Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:06 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:06 PM Where's everyone sitting ? Quote
Nmj Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:12 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:12 PM (edited) Where's everyone sitting ? On my couch, waiting for your updates! Only to get mad when song after song is revealed to be the same old, with that tired final part of the show of LCMM, RDMH, thank you goodnight…. Que the flute! At this point, I’d be so happy if they just removed those two songs and ended the show different. Come on it’s been the ending for almost… 15 years. Edited August 20, 2021 at 07:14 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:19 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:19 PM After the last 18 months of pandemic living, I could actually see her opening the show with Love Can Move Mountains. It would be a huge, upbeat of an opener and also get it out of the way at the same time. As for seats, I'm fifth row center orchestra not far from the aisle. 4 Quote
Nmj Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:22 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:22 PM (edited) After the last 18 months of pandemic living, I could actually see her opening the show with Love Can Move Mountains. It would be a huge, upbeat of an opener and also get it out of the way at the same time. As for seats, I'm fifth row center orchestra not far from the aisle. If she moves the song to the opener and sings it half way decent, I’m all for it! I’m tired of the adlibs/ scream fest, I actually love the song sang in the original form! Even a choir added would be awesome and a great way to open the show! Edited August 20, 2021 at 07:25 PM by Nmj 3 Quote
smw Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:22 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:22 PM What did you think of Resorts World from the little you saw of it? I'm super curious! It was very nice! You can tell they put a lot of thought into what hotel guests are looking for. It was exciting to see a brand new resort in Vegas, even though it was a hike away from the heart of the strip. The design felt both elegant and inviting. And while some of the aesthetics were a bit sterile, I really appreciated seeing so many shops and restaurants that added a lot of fun personality. I think it's a really nice place and it's wonderful that Celine will be opening their brand new theatre! 3 Quote
smw Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:30 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:30 PM I stayed there in July and I loved it. Very beautiful and the food court's theme is Asian street food. The hotel lobbys are small (except for Crocksford, the most grand).The rooms at the Conrad were spacious and beautiful with rain showers. I would love to stay there again, but the prices need to dip down! The food court was great!It's so nice that, for Resorts World guests, you can also have any of those restaurants menu items delivered to your room. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:40 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:40 PM It was very nice!You can tell they put a lot of thought into what hotel guests are looking for.It was exciting to see a brand new resort in Vegas, even though it was a hike away from the heart of the strip.The design felt both elegant and inviting.And while some of the aesthetics were a bit sterile, I really appreciated seeing so many shops and restaurants that added a lot of fun personality.I think it's a really nice place and it's wonderful that Celine will be opening their brand new theatre! Thanks for the info. This is all getting me more and more excited to go! Even if the show isn't all that different, the fact that it's opening of not just her show but the theater itself AND her first time performing since the pandemic started, I just know the energy that night is going to be INSANE! 5 Quote
comingback Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:46 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 07:46 PM After the last 18 months of pandemic living, I could actually see her opening the show with Love Can Move Mountains. It would be a huge, upbeat of an opener and also get it out of the way at the same time. As for seats, I'm fifth row center orchestra not far from the aisle. Faith, Trust... Yes, it would be a great opener. My God, the song will be 30 next year. 4 Quote
nowanorris Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:08 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:08 PM Thanks for the info. This is all getting me more and more excited to go! Even if the show isn't all that different, the fact that it's opening of not just her show but the theater itself AND her first time performing since the pandemic started, I just know the energy that night is going to be INSANE! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! No doubt it will be a magic evening! 3 Quote
ehild Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:11 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:11 PM As for seats, I'm fifth row center orchestra not far from the aisle.Opening night I'm in rear orchestra. At the time, the only tickets showing available were the back 2 rows of front orchestra. And I couldn't justify spending that much for the back of one section when I could pay half the price to be in the front of the section right behind it lol. I'm keeping my eyes peeled...if something else opens up I may upgrade. For Saturday night I'm in front orchestra...I want to say 6 or 7 rows back lol. 4 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ehild Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:12 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 08:12 PM Thanks for the info. This is all getting me more and more excited to go! Even if the show isn't all that different, the fact that it's opening of not just her show but the theater itself AND her first time performing since the pandemic started, I just know the energy that night is going to be INSANE! Faith, Trust... Yes, it would be a great opener. My God, the song will be 30 next year.I'm sooo excited!! 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
nuts2you Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:08 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:08 PM I think we are pretty much in the same area , Does anyone know anything about the Commemorative ticket , Do we pick it up @ the Box office or do they mail it to you , Quote
Nmj Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:18 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:18 PM It was very nice! You can tell they put a lot of thought into what hotel guests are looking for. It was exciting to see a brand new resort in Vegas, even though it was a hike away from the heart of the strip. The design felt both elegant and inviting. And while some of the aesthetics were a bit sterile, I really appreciated seeing so many shops and restaurants that added a lot of fun personality. I think it's a really nice place and it's wonderful that Celine will be opening their brand new theatre! Even based from the videos and pics I’ve seen, the hotel seems to have this really artsy yet animated feel to it! I like the idea. However, for me the Bellagio will always be my favorite place to stay and enjoy! I love the vibe there and the classy yet old Vegas feel. 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:20 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:20 PM https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/celebrity-style/20210819119993/celine-dion-fans-floored-stunning-black-gown-plunging-neckline-special-occasion/ Not sure if this has been posted yet, 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:24 PM Posted August 20, 2021 at 09:24 PM As for rocking the house , I do believe it will be like MARCH 15th show 2011 , we sure did ROCK this place , and also Aug 26th or 27th 2015 we she came back after begin off a yr to take care of Rene/ Hubby ,, I have a feeling its going to be the same thing ,BUT LOUDER , 5 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.