scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 01:56 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 01:56 AM I wonder where the bald clown is now... Selling real estate, I believe. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:00 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:00 AM Selling real estate, I believe. How about the bellhop? Quote
scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:03 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:03 AM How about the bellhop? I have no clue. But yeah, here's Elijah Brown. Selling real estate in NYC - https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pzNIqghsw/ https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/mike-weatherford/celines-exit-has-bald-guy-looking-to-future/ Quote
Chantemoi Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:16 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:16 AM Oh God. Another bad omen- like when the guy got electrocuted at the start of the Courage Tour Or when the Titanic almost collided with a ship called the New York on its way out of Southampton on her maiden voyage… to New York. Maybe da Titanic going to sink again dis time for real - big time 🤭 Quote
Nmj Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:20 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:20 AM I have no clue. But yeah, here's Elijah Brown. Selling real estate in NYC - https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pzNIqghsw/ https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/mike-weatherford/celines-exit-has-bald-guy-looking-to-future/ Good for him, a great field to be in at this moment especially. Quote
scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:29 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:29 AM Maybe a different Queen cover (assuming Queen plays into it....)? I would certainly welcome a show full of Queen covers over most of her back catalog. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:50 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:50 AM Selling real estate, I believe. Ah, yes. The famous Vegas mime to real estate agent pipeline. 1 Quote
scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:06 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:06 AM (edited) Ah, yes. The famous Vegas mime to real estate agent pipeline. Well, for many performers that's a reality. Dancers and acrobats in particular. It's such a short career; start young, retire young. For many, it's the only thing they know - after all, in many cases they started as toddlers and were 100% devoted to their art, so know little outside of it - and many have trouble "reintegrating" and finding gainful employment once they stop performing. There are only so many choreographer and artistic director-type opportunities available, after all.I think average retirement age for dancers is something in the low 30s; in some other fields you don't even start properly working until that age because you've been in training for so long! Edited October 13, 2021 at 03:07 AM by scielle Quote
Nmj Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:28 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:28 AM I would certainly welcome a show full of Queen covers over most of her back catalog. You are probably alone, well besides Celine. 2 Quote
scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:34 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:34 AM You are probably alone, well besides Celine. There are many - including most of my friends and numerous critics over the years - who are fans of her talent for interpreting songs but not fans of her music. Most of us just don’t spend time on Celine Dion fan forums. 1 Quote
browseceline Posted October 13, 2021 at 07:27 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 07:27 AM "Falling Onto You" The first time ever it felt on my face.. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Popular Post Shamrock_1982 Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:55 AM Popular Post Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:55 AM (edited) Can’t fight the Ceiling. It’s all coming down on me now. Edited October 13, 2021 at 08:57 AM by Shamrock_1982 8 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 13, 2021 at 09:02 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 09:02 AM (edited) 1634090631[/url'>' post='2412123']I have no clue. But yeah, here's Elijah Brown. Selling real estate in NYC - https://www.instagra.../p/B5pzNIqghsw/ https://www.reviewjo...king-to-future/ i miss those times where Céline has dancers on stage. Time flies so fast. Edited October 13, 2021 at 09:03 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 13, 2021 at 11:45 AM Posted October 13, 2021 at 11:45 AM For those in Canada wondering about if they can cross the border for the Vegas show, the U.S. announced today that, starting in November, fully vaccinated citizens of Canada and Mexico will be able to enter the U.S. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/12/politics/us-travel-restrictions-canada-mexico-fully-vaccinated/index.html 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 13, 2021 at 12:49 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 12:49 PM That is excellent news! A Celine premiere without Canadians is like a circus without clowns. This is great! 6 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:18 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:18 PM totally agree. IMO she doesn’t appreciate her fans anymore. She takes them for granted and assumes that the demand for her is endless. Hence her attitude. I bet she wouldn’t act like this if she had to work for the publics interest in her. Celine doesn’t appreciate her fans? How many other artists of her stature will spend 25 minutes in a hotel lobby, taking photos and selfies and signing autographs while already late to her concert venue? And THEN go outside the hotel and spend ANOTHER 20-30 minutes doing the same? Making sure that just about everyone gets their chance. Please. Tell me. And then tell me that Celine doesn’t appreciate her fans. Because that would be the biggest load of bullshít. 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:20 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:20 PM To be honest in recent years this only happens at hotels in Paris & NY 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:21 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:21 PM While I love her rendition of the song, I think she is too young to perform it. She was especially too young the first time she sang it. It was a tribute to an older man who passed away. She was young, yes. Doesn’t mean she didn’t understand it’s meaning. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
ryba Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:26 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:26 PM (edited) Celine doesn't appreciate her fans? How many other artists of her stature will spend 25 minutes in a hotel lobby, taking photos and selfies and signing autographs while already late to her concert venue? And THEN go outside the hotel and spend ANOTHER 20-30 minutes doing the same? Making sure that just about everyone gets their chance. Please. Tell me. And then tell me that Celine doesn't appreciate her fans. Because that would be the biggest load of bullshít.Yes, that was right after her shows, she came to the people who followed her to her hotel. What I mean though are her loyal fans all around the world who love and support her and buy her music and DVDs but don't stalk her physically to the entrance of her hotel or run after her car. There are also more sophisticated fans who respect boundaries and don't have the time to wait for hours or even days in front of hotels or concert venues, because they have their own careers and lives, but still love her. I'm talking about these fans. These fans are ignored and that's very sad. Edited October 13, 2021 at 02:32 PM by ryba 3 Quote
scielle Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:29 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:29 PM Perhaps not? I'm wondering about the orange letters....what the full phrase actually reads. Anyone know if orange letters were used in anything? Maybe a different Queen cover (assuming Queen plays into it....)? Looks like it’s TSMGO artwork (see Jenny’s story): https://instagram.com/stories/jenny.elfving/2683638332756649147?utm_medium=copy_link 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:33 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:33 PM Yes, that was right after her shows, she came to the people who followed her to her hotel. What I mean though are her loyal fans all around the world who love and support her and buy her music and DVDs but don't stalk her physically to the entrance of her hotel. She did so before her shows. Already being late, leaving the hotel. I just don’t see how anyone could say after the career she’s had, that Celine doesn’t appreciate her fans. They did an entire documentary ON the fans for the “A New Day…” DVD for Christ’s sake. Her meet and greets have made her late to the stage because she wants to keep talking to the people who visit her. Now, because she’s a pre social media artist, slowing down after 30-40 years, she’s non appreciative? Sorry, no. I don’t buy that. And I’m not one who praises Celine all the way down to the gas she passes. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:33 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:33 PM To be honest in recent years this only happens at hotels in Paris & NY She did it in Birmingham. I was there. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Nmj Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:41 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 02:41 PM Looks like it’s TSMGO artwork (see Jenny’s story): https://instagram.com/stories/jenny.elfving/2683638332756649147?utm_medium=copy_link Maybe she will open the show with TSMGO… it’s one of my favorite covers from Celine I just hope it’s the only lol. The song has another new meaning after the Covid era. Quote
ryba Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:09 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 03:09 PM (edited) 1634135586[/url]' post='2412148']She did so before her shows. Already being late, leaving the hotel. I just don't see how anyone could say after the career she's had, that Celine doesn't appreciate her fans. They did an entire documentary ON the fans for the "A New Day…" DVD for Christ's sake. Her meet and greets have made her late to the stage because she wants to keep talking to the people who visit her. Now, because she's a pre social media artist, slowing down after 30-40 years, she's non appreciative? Sorry, no. I don't buy that. And I'm not one who praises Celine all the way down to the gas she passes.I totally get your point, but that docu that you’re referring to was 14 years ago man. I’m taking about the last few years of total silence, right after Aldo. And I don’t blame Celine alone for that. I’m rather questioning her team and their whole approach. And I’m sure you miss her too. We are all her fans and love her, and I think we can all agree that we would appreciate more effort by Celine and her team. Edited October 13, 2021 at 03:13 PM by ryba Quote
rfkavanagh Posted October 13, 2021 at 04:27 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 04:27 PM Can't fight the Ceiling. This one got me. Bravo. Quote
manolo19 Posted October 13, 2021 at 04:31 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 04:31 PM TSMGO orange letters were actually posted in a tweet in June by Resorts World 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 13, 2021 at 06:15 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 06:15 PM (edited) It was a tribute to an older man who passed away. She was young, yes. Doesn’t mean she didn’t understand it’s meaning.Did anyome say that? No. Her interpretatiok was amazing.And that wasn't a professional recording and shouldn't have seen the light of day - but thank god it did.But for vegas - too young Edited October 13, 2021 at 06:18 PM by Alex_Incognito Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:48 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:48 PM I totally get your point, but that docu that you’re referring to was 14 years ago man. I’m taking about the last few years of total silence, right after Aldo. And I don’t blame Celine alone for that. I’m rather questioning her team and their whole approach. And I’m sure you miss her too. We are all her fans and love her, and I think we can all agree that we would appreciate more effort by Celine and her team. Of course we all miss her. And we would all appreciate her being more active, but to completely dismiss and say that she doesn’t appreciate her fans is just a terrible lie. She gave her entire self to her career the way a mother does a a child. Until she had children, and even then we still got a lot out of her. She’s a widowed, single mother in her 50s now. Her priorities changed when she became a mom, and then changed even more so when Rene passed. While certainly more distanced, her appreciation has never waned. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:50 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 08:50 PM Did anyome say that? No. Her interpretatiok was amazing.And that wasn't a professional recording and shouldn't have seen the light of day - but thank god it did.But for vegas - too young Why too young now in Vegas? Frank Sinatra was 54 years old when he recorded it. Celine is 53. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
nuts2you Posted October 13, 2021 at 09:43 PM Posted October 13, 2021 at 09:43 PM Do you all expect to have a Program on our seat , just like they did for the Opening of Celine back in 2011, 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.