browseceline Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:20 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:20 PM It’s sad. We are less than a month out from the opening of this brand new show and all we can talk about is boring-#ss boiled meat and mushy pea eating Adele. Her music is quality. Now compare that snippet with superwoman.. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Celinelife Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:26 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 04:26 PM Her music is quality. Now compare that snippet with superwoman.. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met TapatalkLol. The only quality snippet we got was PMLALS, which we don't even know will be released or not. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:04 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:04 PM I think other than “A New Day…” she only ever rehearsed all her shows 1 to 2 months ahead right? I believe so. A New Day... was so different and there were 80 dancers running around who she needed to rehearse with so as not to run into any of them. Plus she moved/danced for that show a lot and had choreography to learn and also train for being able to sing while moving so much. For a simple, clean show like her second residency or the CWT, she doesn't have to rehearse half the numbers because she's been singing them for decades. Preparation for the show is more about designing the sets, costumes, lights, videos for the screen projections. All of that work can be done on its own. The orchestra can rehearse on its own. Celine can rehearse on her own. Then everyone will just need to come together for maybe two weeks and fit all the pieces together. 2 Quote
smw Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:07 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:07 PM I have no clue what to expect with this new show… I hope we are all pleasantly surprised. And I hope Celine has such a wonderful, fulfilling time getting back onstage after so long. 3 Quote
Celinelife Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:34 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:34 PM Hope they re record her playbacks, especially Power Of Love and All By Myself. 7 Quote
dawn Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:40 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 05:40 PM Well, perhaps we'll get a Thanksgiving post tomorrow. Or at the very least one for the twins' birthday in a couple weeks. Yes, we get a Thanksgiving post... Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
comingback Posted October 11, 2021 at 07:08 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 07:08 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6765P78xI Why can't Celine do sth. like that? Come on Celine. 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 11, 2021 at 07:12 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 07:12 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6765P78xI Why can't Celine do sth. like that? Come on Celine. I think the answer is simple: Because she doesn't want to do sth like that. If she did, she would. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:05 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:05 PM I think the answer is simple: Because she doesn't want to do sth like that. If she did, she would. The bigger question is why doesn’t she want to? I never buy when an artist wants the best of both worlds, and only gives when money is involved like album promotion time (which they don’t even do anymore lol) or when onstage and people pay hundreds of dollars to see the show. Sorry Celine but you are Celine on and off the stage, you can’t turn who you are off. And before the HATE comes from the Celine #ss kissing mob on this forum, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she shouldn’t have time off and enjoy her life, she definitely is owed that and can and should have that… but there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing, there should be more love to the fans WHEN there isn’t a monetary goal involved. 4 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:24 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:24 PM I bet you do all kinds of stuff for your job for free.You know, out of love for the customers. 2 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:26 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:26 PM As I sit here on a bank holiday in the USA, I have a flood of memories coming back to me about the première of the 2011 show. I'll never forget how fitting "Open Arms" was as an opener. I wasn't excited at first when we heard rumors of it - but it worked so well. Also, "Where does my heart beat now" was one of the major highlights. I remember feeling pure joy hearing her sing it in her modern voice and seeing images of her past. "C'est notre histoire à nous..." The covers were aplenty but they were all beautifully done. I didn't find them uninspired at all. They were married perfectly into the show. The Bond Medley was amazing. The Jackson tribute was beautiful. None of this end of the show Queen tribute crap where she humps the air. She was a diva through and through. I am afraid since they are only beginning rehearsals this month that that doesn't allow much time for creativity and we are going to see something that mirrors the last/current tour. It's an easy move that will still wow the most casual of fans. I do hope she has a surprise up her sleeve. Interesting. That show was the first time I ever was able to see Celine. I didn't feel amazing about it after one may expect they see their favorite singer the first time. I must say in the various setlists and tours I've seen since (2015, 2016, 2017 english and french, courage) this show felt less like Celine than any, even with the name of the show. I do believe that 2016 and 2017 shows started just a couple weeks after vegas runs and I distinctly remember how everyone assumed we were going to get the shittiest setlist ever in 2016 and even in 2017 (after 2016 obviously) people still thought we'd be in for s*** due to the limited time. Most of all these two examples show us amount of time isn't important so much as willingness and desire to perform something else. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:29 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:29 PM (edited) I bet you do all kinds of stuff for your job for free.You know, out of love for the customers. I’m sorry but that reply is utter s***. Celine is filthy rich she doesn’t need to do her “job”’for the customers anymore, if she’s doing it should be because it’s a passion not a “job”. And yeah, if my “job” was my “passion”, I’d do things without a price. Unfortunately, many of us don’t have the luxury to do what we love, some of us have bills to pay and do it for the money and not the love of it. Edited October 11, 2021 at 09:36 PM by Nmj 3 Quote
mirage Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:47 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 09:47 PM Ooh that was an amazing gift! She could easily do some all time favorite covers of her right from her home studio. And that video of her remembering René, with her singing. Though it was all staged, it was an easy setup. It needs a little involvement of Céline, and more so her team. I think that where things go wrong. The team. We definitely had Aldo to thank for her being in the public eye, and social media. So my guess is she definitely can do it, but not without a great team behind her. But there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing. 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted October 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM (edited) The bigger question is why doesn’t she want to? I never buy when an artist wants the best of both worlds, and only gives when money is involved like album promotion time (which they don’t even do anymore lol) or when onstage and people pay hundreds of dollars to see the show. Sorry Celine but you are Celine on and off the stage, you can’t turn who you are off. And before the HATE comes from the Celine #ss kissing mob on this forum, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she shouldn’t have time off and enjoy her life, she definitely is owed that and can and should have that. but there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing, there should be more love to the fans WHEN there isn’t a monetary goal involved. Those two statements I put in bold are contradictory. If Celine can never be off and everything she does is a product she's putting out then when is she able to be off? She's off right now and fans like you are demanding that she do things for the fans. Celine's job is to put out a product that we as fans will want to consume, that is the only thing she absolutely has to do. That is how she shows her love for fans, because as you also say she doesn't actually need to continue working. Using social media is a great way to keep in touch with fans and we all wish she would do more but it's not something she owes us. I don't give a crap if she only does things when she wants to promote a new show/album/fashion/etc, after all that is primarily what we are all here for. But it's ironic that you say this because we actually complain that she actually doesn't promote her shows & albums enough. It's not about being kiss asses but that we understand she cannot be forced to do something she does not like or understand. If we are kiss asses then fans like you are overly demanding. How exactly are we supposed to force her to do this? Are we supposed to yell at her or continuously comment on her sm "Love us more Celine, love us. Give us free stuff if you really love us. Show us your private life more" Social Media has really distorted what should/shouldn't be expected from celebrities. Also, who are you to say what she should or shouldn't do? If she wants to continue making money off of her passion & career why shouldn't she? I mean, when she also tries to do other things people complain that she's "forgetting" about singing to do other things. Edited October 11, 2021 at 10:07 PM by maki_Dion-er 6 Quote
Nmj Posted October 11, 2021 at 10:52 PM Posted October 11, 2021 at 10:52 PM (edited) Those two statements I put in bold are contradictory. If Celine can never be off and everything she does is a product she's putting out then when is she able to be off? She's off right now and fans like you are demanding that she do things for the fans. Celine's job is to put out a product that we as fans will want to consume, that is the only thing she absolutely has to do. That is how she shows her love for fans, because as you also say she doesn't actually need to continue working. Using social media is a great way to keep in touch with fans and we all wish she would do more but it's not something she owes us. I don't give a crap if she only does things when she wants to promote a new show/album/fashion/etc, after all that is primarily what we are all here for. But it's ironic that you say this because we actually complain that she actually doesn't promote her shows & albums enough. It's not about being kiss asses but that we understand she cannot be forced to do something she does not like or understand. If we are kiss asses then fans like you are overly demanding. How exactly are we supposed to force her to do this? Are we supposed to yell at her or continuously comment on her sm "Love us more Celine, love us. Give us free stuff if you really love us. Show us your private life more" Social Media has really distorted what should/shouldn't be expected from celebrities. Also, who are you to say what she should or shouldn't do? If she wants to continue making money off of her passion & career why shouldn't she? I mean, when she also tries to do other things people complain that she's "forgetting" about singing to do other things. To better help you understand what I meant, about your bolden statements that I made, she is ALWAYS Celine the artist whether at home, or not. She shouldn’t be able to turn it off. She can have days off and still be there for her fans. And I’m not a demanding fan at all, but I’m also not a fan who sees Celine as perfect and yes the angry mob here on this forum who has problems with the criticism some of us make towards Celine’s career are “#ss kissers”, I said it and, I’ll say it again Edited October 11, 2021 at 10:52 PM by Nmj 3 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 12, 2021 at 12:23 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 12:23 AM The bigger question is why doesn’t she want to? I never buy when an artist wants the best of both worlds, and only gives when money is involved like album promotion time (which they don’t even do anymore lol) or when onstage and people pay hundreds of dollars to see the show. Sorry Celine but you are Celine on and off the stage, you can’t turn who you are off. And before the HATE comes from the Celine #ss kissing mob on this forum, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she shouldn’t have time off and enjoy her life, she definitely is owed that and can and should have that… but there should be enough love there for the occasional love like she did with the “winter song” gift to the fans, that shouldn’t be a one time thing, there should be more love to the fans WHEN there isn’t a monetary goal involved. We'll never know why she doesn't want to do so. Maybe she wasn't happy with the way the Winter Song video/experience turned out. Maybe she hates social media altogether and only does it when she's forced to by a manager or because of a tragedy or some other reason. We're not a part of her inner circle so we'll never know. Singing is a job for Celine. I remember RuPaul once saying he only gets in drag if someone is paying him - it's a job. Otherwise, he's just his regular ol' self. Maybe Celine feels similarly? And if so, maybe she's not the artist/performer/person you thought she was. That's possible, too. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted October 12, 2021 at 01:47 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 01:47 AM We'll never know why she doesn't want to do so. Maybe she wasn't happy with the way the Winter Song video/experience turned out. Maybe she hates social media altogether and only does it when she's forced to by a manager or because of a tragedy or some other reason. We're not a part of her inner circle so we'll never know. Singing is a job for Celine. I remember RuPaul once saying he only gets in drag if someone is paying him - it's a job. Otherwise, he's just his regular ol' self. Maybe Celine feels similarly? And if so, maybe she's not the artist/performer/person you thought she was. That's possible, too. If that’s how she feels then I guess Celine isn’t the artist she “thinks” she is either. All we hear about is how passionate she is about music and if that’s true you’re also passionate about when your NOT getting paid. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted October 12, 2021 at 01:56 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 01:56 AM If that’s how she feels then I guess Celine isn’t the artist she “thinks” she is either. All we hear about is how passionate she is about music and if that’s true you’re also passionate about when your NOT getting paid. Well, we all know Celine says things she doesn't mean. English isn't her first language so she grabs a hold of phrases/sayings and doesn't let go. "I'm an open book." "The best is yet to come." and all the others. Quote
Nmj Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:28 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:28 AM Well, we all know Celine says things she doesn't mean. English isn't her first language so she grabs a hold of phrases/sayings and doesn't let go. "I'm an open book." "The best is yet to come." and all the others. Yeah I’d rather she shelf the bullshit! But instead she keeps serving it to us on a platter. I’ll always love Celine’s voice and will never doubt it that in my opinion she’s the best voice to ever walk the earth. But it’s becoming clearer and clearer she is just the voice and I’m sorry but she isn’t a passionate artist, If she ever was, so longer is; that may be my “opinion” but it’s clear as day if someone’s not wearing Elton Johns rose tinted glasses. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:31 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:31 AM “You don’t want a hit, you want a career” - Rene to Céline Btw, Where’s rihanna? It’s been so long since she released an album or at least tour. And we are complaining the release of Céline’s material is too long. She has so many projects for us to see. I guess we are still not satisfied. We are so spoiled haha Quote
PuraVida Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:50 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 02:50 AM Rihanna has built a huge, phenomenally successful brand and company, literally puts on fashion shows, attends events like the MET Gala, gets photographed and videod in public, travels the world, all the while maintaining an active presence on social media. We've had this debate before and it's been had outside of this forum by other fans. When different people in different circles are saying the same thing over a period of time, you can be pretty sure something is going on. Quote
Celinelife Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:45 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:45 AM And then Celine says I am connected to my fans. 😒 How? You haven't shown your face for 2 years. Nothing. News have it that Cardi B is the new Celine Dion in fashion. If our Celine doesn't show herself in 2 years, this is what gonna happen. I know she wanted free time, everyone did. But she is a singer, how much time does it take to post a picture or video. It's not like she did a lot of stuffs in pandemic for us that's why she isn't seen. Her major projects started somewhere around October 2020. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:47 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:47 AM (edited) Rihanna has built a huge, phenomenally successful brand and company, literally puts on fashion shows, attends events like the MET Gala, gets photographed and videod in public, travels the world, all the while maintaining an active presence on social media. We've had this debate before and it's been had outside of this forum by other fans. When different people in different circles are saying the same thing over a period of time, you can be pretty sure something is going on. Speaking of Music business not the “other” thing. Her fans still waiting patiently for her new music. And us Céline fans have the ff for this year up to next year. New Residency Show in Las VegasNew Documentary FilmText For YouAlineContinuation of the Courage World Tour Even Adele, at least now she came back with a new album after how many years since her last tour? When was that again. We just need to accept the fact that we’re so spoiled. Can be brat sometimes Edited October 12, 2021 at 03:57 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:48 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 03:48 AM (edited) And then Celine says I am connected to my fans. 😒 How? You haven't shown your face for 2 years. Nothing. News have it that Cardi B is the new Celine Dion in fashion. If our Celine doesn't show herself in 2 years, this is what gonna happen. I know she wanted free time, everyone did. But she is a singer, how much time does it take to post a picture or video. It's not like she did a lot of stuffs in pandemic for us that's why she isn't seen. Her major projects started somewhere around October 2020. 2 years? Just last year we have 2 appearances of Céline. And March 2020 was her last show for Courage Tour because of Pandemic. You don’t know that? She sang the ff: The PrayerUne Chance Qu’on S’a Edited October 12, 2021 at 03:53 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Celinelife Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:12 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:12 AM 2 years? Just last year we have 2 appearances of Céline. And March 2020 was her last show for Courage Tour because of Pandemic. You don’t know that? She sang the ff: The PrayerUne Chance Qu’on S’aFrom March till now, nearly 2 years. How much has she interacted with us? She needed time, she got that. But now as everything is opening and concerts are getting popular again. Why the hell is her team quite? Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:29 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:29 AM I’m sorry but that reply is utter s***. Celine is filthy rich she doesn’t need to do her “job”’for the customers anymore, if she’s doing it should be because it’s a passion not a “job”. And yeah, if my “job” was my “passion”, I’d do things without a price. Unfortunately, many of us don’t have the luxury to do what we love, some of us have bills to pay and do it for the money and not the love of it. Well, I do love my job.If I were as filthy rich as Céline, I'd still work, but a LOT less. And I'd only focus on the stuff I really want to do and not the boring stuff. So basically exactly like Céline. Quote
PuraVida Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:31 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:31 AM Speaking of Music business not the "other" thing. Her fans still waiting patiently for her new music. And us Céline fans have the ff for this year up to next year. New Residency Show in Las VegasNew Documentary FilmText For YouAlineContinuation of the Courage World Tour Even Adele, at least now she came back with a new album after how many years since her last tour? When was that again. We just need to accept the fact that we're so spoiled. Can be brat sometimes I can understand fans needing or wanting different things from Celine, but to say that we are spoiled is a choice. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:39 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:39 AM (edited) From March till now, nearly 2 years. How much has she interacted with us? She needed time, she got that. But now as everything is opening and concerts are getting popular again. Why the hell is her team quite? Again, she did an appearance for covid-19 performances.. Which she sang The Prayer and Une Chances Qu’on S’a. Do you know these appearances exists? And now that it’s confirmed that she’s going back to Las Vegas….. how many days left til the opening? Edited October 12, 2021 at 04:42 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:41 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 04:41 AM I can understand fans needing or wanting different things from Celine, but to say that we are spoiled is a choice. Yeah! We chose to be spoiled. That’s why we’re craving for more. Like we want every year there’s a new album. new song and all but comparing her to other singers. I think we’re are so lucky. Quote
PuraVida Posted October 12, 2021 at 05:04 AM Posted October 12, 2021 at 05:04 AM Yeah! We chose to be spoiled. That’s why we’re craving for more. Like we want every year there’s a new album. new song and all but comparing her to other singers. I think we’re are so lucky. No one can choose to be spoiled. That logic makes no sense. The act of spoiling involves receiving things, and Celine and her team are in charge of what they give the fans. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.