Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:25 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:25 PM Oh shady KING OF SHADE 1 Quote
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:28 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:28 PM I just rewatched it and for a second I thought it was "that's just the woman in me" LOL. Has that sort of a vocal in certan spots. It does lol. I do love the chestier parts, but we do see her still amazing mid belts with that EXTREMELY resonant note on the first “I was booooorn”. Id say shes mostly consistent in her belts to C#5 now. Above shes kind of hit or miss, she can still support to Eb5 but imo she loses her resonance/thickness/power above C#5/D5. Still for 50 thats insane 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:40 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:40 PM Love the pop of color with her outfit!!! It’s almost like she was giving us a hint with the plane outfit, both are black and yellow I just realized I realized that too. I wonder if in the same way that her travel outfit hinted her look for the tribute, maybe the title of the song could serve a double meaning. As in hinting to her own career. 1 Quote
stevo Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:41 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:41 PM It does lol. I do love the chestier parts, but we do see her still amazing mid belts with that EXTREMELY resonant note on the first “I was booooorn”. Id say shes mostly consistent in her belts to C#5 now. Above shes kind of hit or miss, she can still support to Eb5 but imo she loses her resonance/thickness/power above C#5/D5. Still for 50 thats insane And considering how many concerts and performances she has delivered over the years! She’s a machine. What is so special and so nice to see is the RESPECT that just everyone has for her these days. She is recognised as something special. As that lady said in the Podcast in the Vegas thread- ‘do you think people will be coming to see Ariana Grande’s ponytail in 20 years?’ No. Céline, however is a legend. 6 Quote
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:48 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:48 PM And considering how many concerts and performances she has delivered over the years! She’s a machine. What is so special and so nice to see is the RESPECT that just everyone has for her these days. She is recognised as something special. As that lady said in the Podcast in the Vegas thread- ‘do you think people will be coming to see Ariana Grande’s ponytail in 20 years?’ No. Céline, however is a legend. Doing over 1,100 Vegas shows alone, add in (id say) like 700 tour performances......FIY and TCWT being 132 each.... 88 on LTAL..... 75 on the consecutive summer tours..... 9 on the 2013 tour..... TCOML tour was like 50 dates.... Celine Dion Tour around 30 something i recall and id say added up around 150 shows in the 80s. After 1,800 shows (obviously an estimate) over 37 years of a career.... shes doing better than most singers do in their debut era. Shes a legend in every aspect 6 Quote
Holborn Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:48 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:48 PM I realized that too. I wonder if in the same way that her travel outfit hinted her look for the tribute, maybe the title of the song could serve a double meaning. As in hinting to her own career. Definitely ~ 37:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8R1yDLJm4 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:11 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:11 PM (edited) Definitely ~ 37:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8R1yDLJm4 "But you know what, A Change is Gonna Come" Wow, Celine is sneaky. I think we need to pay closer attention to what she says and does from now on lol. Edited January 14, 2019 at 09:16 PM by maki_Dion-er 4 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:48 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:48 PM I'm not trying to stir the pot, just posting "news" Pepe was in LA with Celinehttps://www.instagram.com/p/BsoQgXRn8dk/ Why? I don't know. I'm pretty sure Law styled her, someone posted that in his instagram he posted something while listening to Because You Loved Me.Maybe Law couldn't be there in person so Pepe was his "stand in"? Quote
wjd Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:55 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:55 PM (edited) Queen did amazing last night. Edited January 14, 2019 at 09:55 PM by wjd 2 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
felicia Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:57 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 09:57 PM I'm not trying to stir the pot, just posting "news" Pepe was in LA with Celinehttps://www.instagram.com/p/BsoQgXRn8dk/ Why? I don't know. I'm pretty sure Law styled her, someone posted that in his instagram he posted something while listening to Because You Loved Me.Maybe Law couldn't be there in person so Pepe was his "stand in"? Pepe is just helping out he’s Not the stylist.. Also not sure if she was styled by law or Sydney...Since Law is still kinda sick at home... But i read Sydney’s bio over today But Sydney & Celine met bc of LawBc she helped him also with the deadpool 2 video So maybe Sydney = Law if you know What i mean 😅 3 Quote Looking for Celine gifs ? check my channel https://giphy.com/ch...inediongifmaker
Tricey3115 Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM I thought Sydney was a photographer not a stylist. Does Denise only do Celines photography in vegas? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM (edited) I have no problem with Pepe being her dancer or friend. But he’s everywhere lately, and it’s great that he’s socialising with her and members of her team also, but at the same time recently he’s “everywhere”... sorry amI repeating myself here??? It is getting a little too much now for me, where is the line here. Lol Edited January 14, 2019 at 10:07 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM What podcast in the Vegas thread are you all referring to? Whoever that lady that mentioned people coming in twenty years to see Ariana and her ponytail, which obviously, I as a blind person know nothing about, LOL I quite agree that Celine is legendary, iconic and I am so happy to hear she did sooooooo well last night! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
felicia Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM I thought Sydney was a photographer not a stylist. Does Denise only do Celines photography in vegas? She’s a stylist... and she Made pics on tour bc Denise had other plans i guess 😉 Quote Looking for Celine gifs ? check my channel https://giphy.com/ch...inediongifmaker
Tricey3115 Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:06 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:06 PM I dont think Law Choose her outfit last night hasnt he been really sick or something lately seeing his posts . Besides Pepe designed the tour outfits for Celine and the band. Besides he does have other clients in vegas he used to work their alot back in 2015-16 before he knew Celine Quote
pat200 Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM she brought it for that performance. a queen giving a fitting tribute to a queen 1 Quote
stevo Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM I forgot about Kelly Clarkson- was she there? What did she sing Quote
scielle Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:19 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:19 PM I forgot about Kelly Clarkson- was she there? What did she sing From what I gathered, her performance was pre-taped. Quote
Nmj Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:20 PM Author Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:20 PM I forgot about Kelly Clarkson- was she there? What did she sing I wonder if we’ll get any pics of her with the other performers. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM Finally watched the clips and wow...goosebumps!Now let 2019 be the year of surprises. I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us 6 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:39 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:39 PM THE VOICE!!!Bravo Celine!!! 1 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
maki_Dion-er Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:51 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 10:51 PM Pepe is just helping out he’s Not the stylist.. Also not sure if she was styled by law or Sydney...Since Law is still kinda sick at home... But i read Sydney’s bio over today But Sydney & Celine met bc of LawBc she helped him also with the deadpool 2 video So maybe Sydney = Law if you know What i mean 😅 So Sydney is probably Law's stand-in at the moment. Quote
rpopowski Posted January 15, 2019 at 12:54 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 12:54 AM Any link to the full performance? Quote
zuv Posted January 15, 2019 at 01:46 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 01:46 AM https://www.etonline.com/celine-dion-shares-what-she-learned-from-aretha-franklin-exclusive-117350 Wow that speech alone is a sick tribute! 2 Quote
scielle Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:05 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:05 AM Wow that speech alone is a sick tribute! Indeed.Also nice to have further proof that she's more creatively involved and has more say than some assume. 3 Quote
rpopowski Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:11 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:11 AM She talks about why she went and did the thing with Aretha at Divas Live in 1998: 5 Quote
winforlife Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:29 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:29 AM She talks about why she went and did the thing with Aretha at Divas Live in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tN2QSNuH8o Thanks for posting this since I wasn't able to view it on Chrome due to my ad blocker Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
scielle Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:47 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 02:47 AM I wonder if Celine watches old videos of herself on YT (And writes incognito comments! Or bemoans her 80s outfits! LOL) I wonder what's in her Netflix queue.Or on her playlist! Can you imagine if she gave us curated artist playlists every now and then? What a window into the future that would be? Sigh. 2 Quote
scielle Posted January 15, 2019 at 03:53 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 03:53 AM Another mini-clip, this time with the very beginning of the song.https://www.instagram.com/p/Bso8tgZAB9r/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1os1p2rfe7rlhApparently they had a "no phones" policy, hence the dearth of videos. I don't wanna wait 2 months! 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted January 15, 2019 at 04:05 AM Posted January 15, 2019 at 04:05 AM Since A Change is Gonna Come wasn’t the song they proposed, I’m interested to know what they proposed originally. I wonder if it was NW. I would love to hear Céline do Chain of Fools one day! That would be a great song sung by her. 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.