Jeanette Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:13 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:13 PM I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial expressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial expressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol Quote
comingback Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:13 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:13 PM (edited) https://www.dailymai...a-Franklin.html Sorry but the outfit is horrible. Hopefully her voice is great. Edited January 14, 2019 at 06:15 PM by comingback 2 Quote
stevo Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:15 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:15 PM Céline Mustard Dijon Pepe is gay. Pepe is no stylist Pepe is gay. Stop s*** stirring you, or we’ll be calling for you to be banned! 7 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:17 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:17 PM (edited) I simply love the outfit! The bun.... meh, I can take it or leave it. It’s her. Edited January 14, 2019 at 06:18 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
stevo Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:17 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:17 PM I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol I was beginning to think something similar 😭 but could she really mime this? It was raw and coarse and rough (as well as beautiful) but surely it’d be too dangerous and would be so obvious for this song. No, I take it back- it’s live. 100% 2 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:28 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:28 PM I've wanted the Prince medley gone for a while now though it does have a whole different vibe when you're actually in the mosh pit like I was last year. However, keeping to topic, the song she did last night would be sooooooooo much better in that slot. I would sooo love an Aretha tribute instead. I mean, sure, RIP Prince but that part has been done for a while so now let's use that time in the show to honor someone else whose passing is still much more recent. I mean, if you're gonna go there, maybe even do a Whitney song in what could easily become the tribute section/part of the show. Also, I was almost sure she was going to do Natural Woman again, sooooooooooooooooooo delighted and thrilled she didn't. I am sure this has already been asked so forgive me for asking again but do we have an official air date when the entire tribute concert will air? Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
scielle Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:29 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:29 PM I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol You haven't listened to any of the performance and yet you're commenting on whether it's live?! OK, bye. 🙄 6 Quote
ivo Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:34 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:34 PM I've wanted the Prince medley gone for a while now though it does have a whole different vibe when you're actually in the mosh pit like I was last year. However, keeping to topic, the song she did last night would be sooooooooo much better in that slot. I would sooo love an Aretha tribute instead. I mean, sure, RIP Prince but that part has been done for a while so now let's use that time in the show to honor someone else whose passing is still much more recent. I mean, if you're gonna go there, maybe even do a Whitney song in what could easily become the tribute section/part of the show. Also, I was almost sure she was going to do Natural Woman again, sooooooooooooooooooo delighted and thrilled she didn't. I am sure this has already been asked so forgive me for asking again but do we have an official air date when the entire tribute concert will air? March 10th If I am not mistaken. 1 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:40 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:40 PM (edited) I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol Youve literally not even listened to it like wtf lol All the high notes are a little rough and raspy and the quality of sound (from the mic) is live. When shes lipped eg The BBMAS 2016, it sounded studio quality where as this was a live sound, no effects, no pitch correction, changes in volume depending on mic distance And btw, she does WAY crazier facial expressions and body movements with Purple Rain,Kiss,LCMM and RDMH Edited January 14, 2019 at 06:40 PM by Dion2000 Quote
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:42 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:42 PM I was beginning to think something similar 😭 but could she really mime this? It was raw and coarse and rough (as well as beautiful) but surely it’d be too dangerous and would be so obvious for this song. No, I take it back- it’s live. 100% I mean its got no effects etc, has a live “sound” (doesnt sound clear or polished like when she uses a lip sync track / doesnt have studio quality) and on top of that the mic distance effects the sound which is another pointer to it being live Quote
Tom_London_Fan Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:42 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:42 PM I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol Take it from someone who has watched all the clips 200 times today, she sang live. 100%. I would put my life on it. It’s so clearly live. Sometimes I’m sceptical and can’t tell, but this time I’m certain of it. She gave a smashing live performance 👌🏻 3 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:44 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:44 PM Thanks for providing the possible air date. I know someone who might want to watch it. And no, it's not me since I do not even have a TV. I love it that she did that last night the day before Rene's passing. He is most certainly proud of her for that and many other things, how does a moment last forever/ashes/encore un soir/the last few mini-tours/probably things we don't even know about in her own personal life. Anyway, thanks again for giving a possible air date. I don't think I can wait either though. LOL 1 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
mirage Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:49 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:49 PM Really?! You haven't listened to the performance, and yet by only watching the most crappy videos that are available for this you think she is lipping?! Just because you 'studied' her well over the years. I'm done I don't care what it was, she sounded amazing lipped or not lipped. I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:51 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 06:51 PM It was live! Quote
scielle Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:00 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:00 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Holborn Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:15 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:15 PM I haven't listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial expressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn't do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial expressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I'm wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I've studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she's miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she's live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don't hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol I'm sorry, i don't understand you.. You haven't heard the performance and you just judge by some movements and photos. You don't want to be a Debbie Downer, yet you end up being one. You hate to say it but you do say it..you realise you should given a listen first and that you might be wrong, yet after all this thought process you decide to post what you wrote.. Honestly i don't get your logic at all..What's the point of all that, i have no idea..Anyway, it was live. At least 99,999% of the song was 100% live. It wasn't even perfect..which is what made it so perfect 4 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:18 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:18 PM She truly sang it from her soul! Which was so appropriate for the queen of soul. I’m just gonna leave it at that! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Tricey3115 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:21 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:21 PM Your a disgrace and discusting its not funny your comments celine would be offended She made out with Pepe backstage right before singing. That's why she went out with the bun-quick fix Quote
Nmj Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:25 PM Author Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:25 PM Your a disgrace and discusting its not funny your comments celine would be offended Celine probably would have a good laugh at his comment and let it go, you on the other hand seem incapable of that. 7 Quote
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:33 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:33 PM Your a disgrace and discusting its not funny your comments celine would be offended Girl bye..... hes shady yes, a disgrace? NO. He was trying to get a rise out of you and you fall for it everytime. JUST IGNORE IT. Or, alternatively, JUST DONT SAY PEPES NAME. THEN WE’LL ALL BE FINE 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:35 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:35 PM Your a disgrace and discusting its not funny your comments celine would be offended Here we go again! 🍿 2 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:39 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:39 PM (edited) I haven’t listened to any of the performance yet but have saw some footage, with no sound, of all the hand gestures and seen some screenshots of her facial exp<b></b>ressions and would be very surprised if this was indeed live. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but she doesn’t do all those movements when she sings live and those same exaggerated facial exp<b></b>ressions that she does every time she mimes the big note in ABM are there clear as day. I hate to say this but I hope I’m wrong and realise I should give it a listen before I make such an assumption but I’ve studied her well over the years and always know without a doubt when she’s miming, even the way she opens her mouth when she’s live is different, she shows much more teeth. Anyway, don’t hate me, just my observations so scroll past my post if you wish lol You haven't even listened but have the audacity to say something is lipped. Overall it wasn't bad but this was far far far from the quality of anything playback. The CHESTIER part of her upper belt is not as consistent, especially over C5 now. Several notes were a little shakey and some strained. IMO this was more the case here than i wish it was. This song had a lot of notes and singing in that upper chesty kind of range she doesn't use as much anymore. If it were lipped it would have the more polished sound heard on TLYM which has consistent 5th octave chest notes. I liked that she had a couple heady mixed belts that were pretty great. This area of her voice is a new strength for her. It's interesting actually how she never tried to belt b5 or c6 back in the day. She is now. It's really great how she can compliment the loss of some ease in the upper chest with a growth in her ability to mix higher. I hope she will do more of this in the new album and in more performances in the future. Great job celine. Overall im not complaining about her voice. I am very happy she sang live and had some nice moments. I cant wait to see how it sounds on the broadcast as well as her speech. Edited January 14, 2019 at 07:41 PM by Tyler1991 Quote
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:44 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:44 PM You haven't even listened but have the audacity to say something is lipped. Overall it wasn't bad but this was far far far from the quality of anything playback. The CHESTIER part of her upper belt is not as consistent, especially over C5 now. Several notes were a little shakey and some strained. IMO this was more the case here than i wish it was. This song had a lot of notes and singing in that upper chesty kind of range she doesn't use as much anymore. If it were lipped it would have the more polished sound heard on TLYM which has consistent 5th octave chest notes. I liked that she had a couple heady mixed belts that were pretty great. This area of her voice is a new strength for her. It's interesting actually how she never tried to belt b5 or c6 back in the day. She is now. It's really great how she can compliment the loss of some ease in the upper chest with a growth in her ability to mix higher. I hope she will do more of this in the new album and in more performances in the future. Great job celine. Overall im not complaining about her voice. I am very happy she sang live and had some nice moments. I cant wait to see how it sounds on the broadcast as well as her speech. Apparently she didnt do a speech And yes, they sounded pretty chesty her upper belts (the phrased ones) but for some reason i really liked them. I mean its obvious some of it was 100% intentional like the sustained F5s, considering she does them in RDMH and theyre almost crystal clear Quote
Tyler1991 Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:48 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:48 PM Apparently she didnt do a speech And yes, they sounded pretty chesty her upper belts (the phrased ones) but for some reason i really liked them. I mean its obvious some of it was 100% intentional like the sustained F5s, considering she does them in RDMH and theyre almost crystal clear I just rewatched it and for a second I thought it was "that's just the woman in me" LOL. Has that sort of a vocal in certan spots. Quote
Javito Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:51 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:51 PM Girl bye..... hes shady yes, a disgrace? NO. He was trying to get a rise out of you and you fall for it everytime. JUST IGNORE IT. Or, alternatively, JUST DONT SAY PEPES NAME. THEN WE'LL ALL BE FINE Oh shady Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
québecflower Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:52 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:52 PM You haven't listened to any of the performance and yet you're commenting on whether it's live?! OK, bye. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Tom_London_Fan Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:55 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 07:55 PM Well picked up on with the upper belts. Some belts sounded very tight up there but I think she’ll probably get away with it. There’ll be some post-production work done on the vocals I imagine, these pre-recorded ones usually do have. Celine’s team will get to listen to the whole performance and with Ken Ehrlich been the director, they can have anything changed they wants. Any blemishes we hear on the raw bootleg can and probably will be easily erased. Regardless of that, her runs and melismas were stunning, very soulful and free. She showed off her nice low register perfectly towards the beginning, and the sheer prowess and strength of her mid-belts on the first ‘I was born. Anyone else notice the similarities in that raspier tone to her appearance on Ellen in 2016, when she improvising the rap songs. I quite like it, sometimes it can be dull hearing perfectly vocalised pop lushness...it gave it some soul....and Aretha had plenty of that x 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:00 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:00 PM (edited) I guess some are still bored. LOL #thugsssss Edited January 14, 2019 at 08:01 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
fred Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:05 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:05 PM (edited) I can't wait to watch this in HQ. Pleased with that she did a new song and she seems to have done it live and very well. What a moment in her career! And good start to the new year. Come on new album now. Edited January 14, 2019 at 08:06 PM by fred 4 Quote Peace and love to all.
Dion2000 Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:24 PM Posted January 14, 2019 at 08:24 PM Well picked up on with the upper belts. Some belts sounded very tight up there but I think she’ll probably get away with it. There’ll be some post-production work done on the vocals I imagine, these pre-recorded ones usually do have. Celine’s team will get to listen to the whole performance and with Ken Ehrlich been the director, they can have anything changed they wants. Any blemishes we hear on the raw bootleg can and probably will be easily erased. Regardless of that, her runs and melismas were stunning, very soulful and free. She showed off her nice low register perfectly towards the beginning, and the sheer prowess and strength of her mid-belts on the first ‘I was born. Anyone else notice the similarities in that raspier tone to her appearance on Ellen in 2016, when she improvising the rap songs. I quite like it, sometimes it can be dull hearing perfectly vocalised pop lushness...it gave it some soul....and Aretha had plenty of that x I dont know about tight for the upper belts, but id definitely say she wasnt using as much head voice in her mix. She was being more chesty to imitate Arethas tone and in that she was obviously more raspy, however id say at least 70% or more of it was intentional, the sustained upper belts for example were intentionally raspy as in RDMH shes 99.99% of the time crystal clear and actually within those belts the rasp often fades and she shows how clear the notes really are, but the rasp adds a really soulful touch As for Post production, depending on what Celine thinks they may leave it alone, probably slightly altering any misses in pitch, but imo Celine was deliberately being chesty at many points and so if they ask, she’ll probably just want some thickeness added to the lower notes and the mild belt (even though, as you said, that mid belt was FLAWLESS) and possibly even out some of the more “shouty” phrased F5s/G5s she did. I mean we dont even know what it fully sounds like without audience noise or audio quality but from what we do hear it was incredible 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.