Jump to content

"How Does a Moment Last Forever" (Beauty and the Beast O.S.T.) - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It's sad that for some of you only figures and sales is what count to you to appreciate when someone is popular or not. Thankfully, both things don't go hand in hand.

 

Let's Talk About Love and the Titanic song was the explosion of her popularity, then in 1999 she retired at the peak of her career, but her comeback in 2002 just confirmed that, as the public was avid to get new music from her.

 

If Céline Dion wasn't at her peak in 2002, when she was literally everywhere on every major TV show on both sides of the Atlantic, making front cover of all magazines (not only US and French ones but also on every European publications), with an extended promotion that lasted 9 months, I don't know what's being at her peak and popular anymore.

 

It's nice to discuss and see how different points of view we have, but to enclose her levels of popularity in the industry just abiding by sales and figures is a pretty reduced and limited vision of the whole thing :rolleyes:

 

As a proof, these two videos recently made, show the journey of the ANDHC and I'm Alive singles on TV, with virtually all the performances she gave of them on all the different countries to which she came with the album, and whose promotion ran from February to November 2002. That's 10 months of intensive promotion. I don't know any other Celine Dion singles that have had such incredible amount of performances on different TV shows and countries throughout the globe. Not even with MHWGO she has got to perform it on as many TV shows and different countries as with these singles. If that's not being at her peak, I don't know what it is, really.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePxSd4yIRYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0bSisKkWU

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Anyway..........

😴

  • Like 4
Posted

"HDAMLF" is a BRILLIANT song! It's production is beautiful, haunting, and theatrical, and Celine's voice is in top shape! This is one of my favorite vocals from Celine in her career! I honestly think the only thing that could have made this song better is if Celine would have included one of her signature belts during the climax of the song!

 

I absolutely LOVE when Celine belts! Her powerful voice when she holds a long note is my favorite moment when Celine sings, always has been! I can't image what "Where Does My Heart Beat Now", "The Power Of Love", Because You Loved Me", "My Heart Will Go On" and "I Surrender" would be without those incredible belts, and Celine showing off her amazing vocal range! So... I makes me wonder how much better "HDAMLF" would be with a classic Celine belt? Who else has imagined that??

 

What I really, honestly do NOT understand is: WHY IS THIS SONG NOT BEING PROMOTED BY SONY MUSIC/DISNEY???

 

It's EXTREMELY frustrating!!! Yes, I know Celine isn't able to promote the song too much at all currently, but... The song has all the abilities to become not just a Oscar winning timeless song, but also a huge radio hit in many countries, including the U.S.! ESPECIALLY ON ADULT CONTEMPORARY RADIO!!!

 

Celine agreed to perform this song because after what sounds like a lot of thought, and feeling Rene had given his blessing from Heaven to record the song, she also felt that her original "Beauty and the beast" duet had put her on the map due to it's huge success, not just winning awards, but also ON THE CHARTS!

 

I would really be disgusted to not see "HDAMLF" make a impact on more music charts, especially in the U.S., UK, and Canada! I thank God that "HDAMLF" is scheduled to begin radio rotation in the UK by BBC Radio 2 staring on 4/8, but where is the song on the Mediabase/Billboard Adult Contemporary chart so far??

 

Even if Celine can't promote the song right now, if the song is released and starts becoming a success, I'm sure Celine would be thrilled to perform the song in the future at many events when she had more time to promote it!

 

With this song being the premier movie song for the new "Beauty and the beast", and with the movie being such a enormous success in the U.S. and all over the world, it already has such a promo tool, and I can see this having all the potential to be a #1 hit on the U.S. and Canadian Adult Contemporary radio charts!

 

With Rob Stringer becoming Sony Music's new CEO THIS WEEK, and with him having a long lasting close friendship with Celine, like he just said in a new inteview: “I love Celine, by the way, I think she’s one of the greatest vocalists of all time and I’m still really close with her – I’m not just some indie kid!" (Thank you Scielle for posting the interview link here) Should we send some e-mails to Sony Music on their website e-mail link to Rob Stringer and/or John Doelp, Columbia Records/Sony BMG Sr. VP A&R Operations to ask them to please send "HDAMLF" to U.S. radio??

 

As Shaun said in this thread... "Sony and her team should focus on the song". I totally agree Shaun! Here is a GREAT new song!!! A song that Celine is best known for... A movie song, a ballad, a song that I already believe will be timeless, and THIS song should be promoted!!! Even if right now, Celine can't promote it herself.

 

I REALLY hope that Sony Music/ Celine's team makes the right choice soon, and decide to make effort on their part to help the song become a success by helping the song succeed.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

It's sad that for some of you only figures and sales is what count to you to appreciate when someone is popular or not. Thankfully, both things don't go hand in hand.

 

Let's Talk About Love and the Titanic song was the explosion of her popularity, then in 1999 she retired at the peak of her career, but her comeback in 2002 just confirmed that, as the public was avid to get new music from her.

 

If Céline Dion wasn't at her peak in 2002, when she was literally everywhere on every major TV show on both sides of the Atlantic, making front cover of all magazines (not only US and French ones but also on every European publications), with an extended promotion that lasted 9 months, I don't know what's being at her peak and popular anymore.

 

It's nice to discuss and see how different points of view we have, but to enclose her levels of popularity in the industry just abiding by sales and figures is a pretty reduced and limited vision of the whole thing :rolleyes:

 

As a proof, these two videos recently made, show the journey of the ANDHC and I'm Alive singles on TV, with virtually all the performances she gave of them on all the different countries to which she came with the album, and whose promotion ran from February to November 2002. That's 10 months of intensive promotion. I don't know any other Celine Dion singles that have had such incredible amount of performances on different TV shows and countries throughout the globe. Not even with MHWGO she has got to perform it on as many TV shows and different countries as with these singles. If that's not being at her peak, I don't know what it is, really.

 

What is sad is your presence in this forum.

 

You attempt to debunk sales as an argument of popularity and your whole argumentation is based on the notion that "the public was avid to get new music from her". Which is you using public demand as an argument of popularity. Same thing really. Just without a reference to specific numbers or any sort of data. Because these elements are against you.

 

Second, to heavily promote songs does not prove she was at the peak of her career. Just proves Sony invested a shitload of money in promoting the album. By the way, everyone knows peak = highest point. And 1996-1999 has been the peak of her career, no matter whether we define "peak" in the context of popularity or sales or airplay or awards or recording pace or in the context of all these aspects combined.

 

Third, you have mentioned piracy. It only makes sense rational people will tell you and actually PROVE there was no much decline in sales as of 2002. Especially when you keep whining about the poor commercial reception of her albums and singles since she started performing in Vegas. You are the one to bring up numbers and commercial reception whenever convenient.

 

You are not fooling anyone. And the fact that more and more casual members are coming for your deluded comments is proof of it.

 

Show some dignity and stop.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Anyway..........

😴

I find it rather interesting to have the same person talking about the same things in every thread, in every chance and mods doing nothing about it.

 

Why discuss the new song when we can whine about Vegas, ANDHC and her lack of commitment?

 

Why live the present when we can stick to 2003 when Life-Before-Vegas was good and pure? :)

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 3
Posted

What is sad is your presence in this forum.

 

You attempt to debunk sales as an argument of popularity and your whole argumentation is based on the notion that "the public was avid to get new music from her". Which is you using public demand as an argument of popularity. Same thing really. Just without a reference to specific numbers or any sort of data. Because these elements are against you.

 

Second, to heavily promote songs does not prove she was at the peak of her career. Just proves Sony invested a shitload of money in promoting the album. By the way, everyone knows peak = highest point. And 1996-1999 has been the peak of her career, no matter whether we define "peak" in the context of popularity or sales or airplay or awards or recording pace or in the context of all these aspects combined.

 

Third, you have mentioned piracy. It only makes sense rational people will tell you and actually PROVE there was no much decline in sales as of 2002. Especially when you keep whining about the poor commercial reception of her albums and singles since she started performing in Vegas. You are the one to bring up numbers and commercial reception whenever convenient.

 

You are not fooling anyone. And the fact that more and more casual members are coming for your deluded comments is proof of it.

 

Show some dignity and stop.

 

Word.

 

How does an annoyance last forever?

  • Like 5
Posted

 

 

Word.

 

How does an annoyance last forever?

How can obsession never die?

It is denial we must hold on to

Never healthy, but we try...

 

♥

  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

Lol, but Madonna has ended up now at the same spot where Celine had already ended up in 2003. She was massive until 2012, age 54! Celine was massive until 2003 age 35, easy.

Of course for us she is still on the top, as is Cher for her fans or Janet Jackson for her etc etc. But thats not the point

 

Meh...I wouldn't say Madonna was still massive in 2012. Her last 3 albums were flops. The last two only had a lot of it's sales due to being a "gift" attached to every ticket purchased for her tour. Her tours will always be popular and fantastic...she still has a huge fan base, that won't change. Her albums have gone down the toilet, however. She gave a glimpse of decline with "American Life," and redeemed herself with "Confessions." After that, it was like pulling teeth to have her singles played on radio for more than 2 weeks after release. 2005 was the end of "massive Madonna." Only 2 years after Celine hit Vegas and concentrated more on performing and family. Also, Madonna is older than Celine, so no matter where you argue her success at whatever age, it's a moot point because they aren't the same age, and success to age can't be compared between the two of them.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

It's always the same person arguing and being petty with exhaustingly long posts. NEXT

 

Can the moderators make it stop, we're all sick of these tangents that have nothing to do with the topic...

  • Like 5
Posted
No matter how many times it's explained to him, Javito will never understand that Celine's peak was already gone before 2003 and her recording career would have followed a very similar path with or without Vegas, I don't get how someone can think radios would play Celine more if she wasn't in Vegas. If anything, Vegas has helped her to become the legend she is today. Following his reasoning Mariah, Britney, Christina to name a few would be now having #1 all over the world because they never had a residency when they were at their peak. Rene anticipated the future of music would be shows and concerts and not selling records, and as usual he was right. Celine has worked, and still works, hard to have one of the most solid careers in the business,it doesn't mean everything she does it perfect or every decision is the best, but she must be doing something right when with a French album she sells more than artists are their peaks and when she is able to sell out stadiums in hours with not even a new album out.

Agree

http://25.media.tumblr.com/22b69ef7c7f608e391c2b0c3273c6fd9/tumblr_mszgokm8hq1r1kly2o1_400.gif

Posted

Back on topic:

No matter what song Disney will submit eventually, Celine deserves at least a nomination for part at 1:45-1:55. And imho they can submit only that part and it should win :-D

  • Like 2
Posted
Celine didn't promote this song... Well, at least add this to her setlist in Vegas and for her upcoming tour.
Posted
I'd be stunned if the song wasn't in the summer tour. Surely there has to be a "Beauty and the Beast" section where she performs the old song and the new song.
  • Like 3

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

Just to share my thoughts.

Yes Vegas seems dull and does not take risks. Especially the second residency. But there is a huge BUT. Without Vegas Céline would not be where she is today! The legend status came tied to her phenomenal stamina as performing artist ; it is during Vegas that people's opinion started changing from the cheesy queen to the best vocalist on the planet. She was mocked tge previous years. But since Vegas She and Rene reinvented the meaning of Diva and class and literally took the whole turn from discography to touring to another level. She wouldn't be that hot after more than 10 years without a big song/ hit. I mean she sells out in seconds! (There is another factor of course. Rene's death and the way she handled it just led her to a whole new level). That's all. Plus it comes always to what she wants to do. Despite our complaints it is her choice.

  • Like 4
Posted

No matter how many times it's explained to him, Javito will never understand that Celine's peak was already gone before 2003 and her recording career would have followed a very similar path with or without Vegas, I don't get how someone can think radios would play Celine more if she wasn't in Vegas. If anything, Vegas has helped her to become the legend she is today. Following his reasoning Mariah, Britney, Christina to name a few would be now having #1 all over the world because they never had a residency when they were at their peak. Rene anticipated the future of music would be shows and concerts and not selling records, and as usual he was right. Celine has worked, and still works, hard to have one of the most solid careers in the business,it doesn't mean everything she does it perfect or every decision is the best, but she must be doing something right when with a French album she sells more than artists are their peaks and when she is able to sell out stadiums in hours with not even a new album out.

 

This.

  • Like 1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

I'd be stunned if the song wasn't in the summer tour. Surely there has to be a "Beauty and the Beast" section where she performs the old song and the new song.

I don't think she'll do it. She could have easily debuted it already in Vegas. I just get the vibe that she wasn't really into the song. I hope I'm wrong. :)
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

I also think she didn't like the song that much. And that's probably why she didn't want to promote it.

But (almost) everyone loves it so we'll see what happens.

If she sings it at the Oscars next year it will be extra promo for her new album... because I'm sure it will be on her album.

  • Like 1
Posted
The film is a record breaking box office hit, so... It's almost sure this song will be included on the new album, at least on the Deluxe edition 😏😜
Posted

I think the reason why Celine herself did not promote this song is because her current thought that she doesnt need to proof anything, she doesnt chase for any awards but to perform for her passion for music. She wants to enjoy her moment in music and thats why keeps on adding shows for her summer tour. She loves to perform because she just love it. She proved herself before as she already at her peak and now she wants to do it for her fans, not for any recognition. My 2 cents......

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
I LOVE TO SING...BUT I LOVE TO TALK TOO....!!
Posted

And it excites me tbat she probably uses the tour to give a different show..no Vegas setlist..i hope

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 4
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

 

0:09 Celine's message for Disneyland Paris

  • Like 1
Posted

Ok I'm offended :angry2:

 

My sister bought the animated Beauty and The Beast DVD from 1992 for her kids and it has the Ariana and John version of Beauty And the Beast and not Célines version!! WTF!!

 

I'll have to go over to her house and double check to make sure. I can't believe that Disney did that!! :cry:

  • Like 1
Posted

Ok I'm offended :angry2:

 

My sister bought the animated Beauty and The Beast DVD from 1992 for her kids and it has the Ariana and John version of Beauty And the Beast and not Célines version!! WTF!!

 

I'll have to go over to her house and double check to make sure. I can't believe that Disney did that!! :cry:

 

Whaaaaaaaaat ??

  • Like 1

29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !

Posted

 

Whaaaaaaaaat ??

Ugh yes!! I'm dying to go right now to check.

They sent me a snap chat on Saturday and I hears Ariana and John sing in the background. They don't have a radio so I believe it's from the DVD

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

 

 

Posted

 

Ugh yes!! I'm dying to go right now to check.

They sent me a snap chat on Saturday and I hears Ariana and John sing in the background. They don't have a radio so I believe it's from the DVD

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

 

In the end credits of 1991's version?

Posted

 

In the end credits of 1991's version?

Yeah the original cartoon version :(

 

 

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

 

 

Posted (edited)
That's just messed up on so many levels...it's sacrilege! Edited by Cheska
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...