Popular Post Javito Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:10 PM Popular Post Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:10 PM Using an acronym in such a noisy environment is just not a wise choice. It's not Céline's fault. Not even when I'm watching the news on TV talking about the LGBT collective have I heard the reporter saying "LGTB", but instead they usually say the complete "lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender" collective The interviewer could have just said "gay characters" and period. Sometimes it's just stupid how they use abbreviations and acronyms during oral communication when there's not any need to abbreviate. The world won't end for saying the "gay community" and everyone will understand it and what it includes. 8 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:18 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:18 PM Céline is really cute in that video (end part where she said ciao) 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:45 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 02:45 PM E! News posted this exclusive interview with Celine a few hours ago. By the way, the 1:44 part of How Does A Moment Last Forever always reminds me of My Precious One, am I the only one? 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Katie Posted March 12, 2017 at 04:30 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 04:30 PM I love so much the orchestration of this wonderful, magical moment! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbV1v_Wt7o 4 Quote
stevo Posted March 12, 2017 at 04:31 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 04:31 PM She blatantly didn't understand LGBT- if I said to my dad or mum LGBT they wouldn't have a clue what it means- she's got a French brain so pretty sure it didn't compute...if the interviewer had said gay characters, she obviously would have talked about it 6 Quote
Celine-Express Posted March 12, 2017 at 05:20 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 05:20 PM (edited) I like this song more in more! Her voice is just magic! Edited March 12, 2017 at 05:20 PM by Celine-Express 2 Quote Encore un soir..Encore une heure..Encore une larme de bonheur..Un soir..
GoldenLeaf Posted March 12, 2017 at 06:05 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 06:05 PM (edited) She blatantly didn't understand LGBT- if I said to my dad or mum LGBT they wouldn't have a clue what it means- she's got a French brain so pretty sure it didn't compute...if the interviewer had said gay characters, she obviously would have talked about itI'm a francophone and we use the LGBT acronym in French. It has the exact same signification in French as it in English. French : Lesbiennes, Gaies, Bisexuelles, Transgenres English : Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_au_Québec Edited March 12, 2017 at 06:07 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted March 12, 2017 at 08:26 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 08:26 PM The booklet has all the lyrics.It has forewords by Bill Condon, Alan Menken and Tim Rice, but no mention of Céline.I'm talking about the standard edition, but I imagine the booklet is the same for both editions (?) Thank you!What are the lyrics for these parts of the song: "Minutes turn to hours, days to years ___ gone" and "Protects, ____ and perseveres" ? Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted March 12, 2017 at 08:51 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 08:51 PM Thank you!What are the lyrics for these parts of the song: "Minutes turn to hours, days to years ___ gone" and "Protects, ____ and perseveres" ? "Minites turn to hours, days to years then gone""Protects, procedes and perseveres" 1 Quote
Schwa83 Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:02 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:02 PM "Minites turn to hours, days to years then gone""Protects, procedes and perseveres" "Protects, Perceives, and Perseveres" Quote
Popular Post SuperLove4Celine Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:04 PM Popular Post Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:04 PM As a gay man myself, I've always found the whole LGBTQ4.75ZJPAWJ-7L acronym stuff to be utterly cringeworthy and ridiculous. 8 Quote
Cuquito Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:23 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:23 PM As a gay man myself, I've always found the whole LGBTQ4.75ZJPAWJ-7L acronym stuff to be utterly cringeworthy and ridiculous.True! Sounds like a disease. 4 Quote
Daysleeper Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:43 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:43 PM As a gay man myself, I've always found the whole LGBTQ4.75ZJPAWJ-7L acronym stuff to be utterly cringeworthy and ridiculous.I hope there will come a day where such lables won't exist anymore 5 Quote
Hilda Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:44 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:44 PM As a gay man myself, I've always found the whole LGBTQ4.75ZJPAWJ-7L acronym stuff to be utterly cringeworthy and ridiculous. saaaame! it just keeps going its hilarious - its like wait shall we just include straight in there as well?....dog?....cat? 2 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:55 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 09:55 PM "Protects, Perceives, and Perseveres" Lyrics in the booklet say "proceeds".Tried to take a picture, hope it's legible: http://i65.tinypic.com/xlbi52.jpg 5 Quote
celine4evauk Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:25 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:25 PM As a gay man myself, I've always found the whole LGBTQ4.75ZJPAWJ-7L acronym stuff to be utterly cringeworthy and ridiculous. The few gay people I know use those initials. But then at other times moan when people are "labelled". Contradiction to me. Quote
LukeD Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM (edited) There was another question she didn't understand as well.... Anyway, she doesn't answer casual questions most of the time. Not surprised if she didn't answer this one either ��Did we watch the same video? Cause she replies all questions directly except for the LGTB one. In the previous question she could not listen so she said she did not get the question. And then replied anyway. Edited March 12, 2017 at 10:46 PM by LukeD Quote
LukeD Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:37 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:37 PM (edited) When she was asked that question there were a lot of people there and everything is kinda loud around her and lots of people asking questions. It's not like those one on one interviews.I don't think knowing LGTB is the norm. Specially when it's spelled out to you like that. I don't think I'd have registered what they said. Why not just say Gay character instead of LGTB.And I asked my parents and some people at my work if they knew what LGTB was and they had no clue. But then I showed them a written article and they knew what it was (not my parents though). I'm not surprised at all she didn't know what it was.Your comment, paired with what stevo said above, perfectly sums up what I said about straight people ignoring these terms. Celine obviously being one of them. Edited March 12, 2017 at 10:39 PM by LukeD Quote
angelil78 Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:42 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:42 PM Your comment, paired with what stevo said above, perfectly sums up what I said about straight people ignoring these terms. Celine obviously being one of them. Maybe. Here in Iceland we would never use those words (We have different words) so maybe not the correct people to ask if they know these words. I think mainly younger people in Iceland know them since they spend more time online and see them more often in English media. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:43 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 10:43 PM (edited) Of course she didn't understand the question. Remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEWnFB0HWwShe did not understand the questions because she ignorned the term. I remember the video. I know Celine has shown support to the community in seveal occasions.I'm a francophone and we use the LGBT acronym in French. It has the exact same signification in French as it in English. French : Lesbiennes, Gaies, Bisexuelles, Transgenres English : Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders https://fr.m.wikiped...We are talking about a widely used term in pop culture and media, especially in America. And people here act as if the interviewer played a words game. The few gay people I know use those initials. But then at other times moan when people are "labelled". Contradiction to me.A good portion of gay people dislikes labels. Which I think is ridiculous, because you are what you are. There are literally gay people who hate to be called gay. I never understood why it is such a big issue... I have never met a straight person who dislikes labels or to be called straight. Edited March 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM by LukeD 3 Quote
québecflower Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:05 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:05 PM i really like how she says : Forgotten.... 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
frana Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:14 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:14 PM The song "How Does A Moment Last Forever" is very beautiful.And By the way Why you repeat over and over, or Celine understood or did not understand what the reporter asked.Mainly there was a noise. And really that was so important?! 5 Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
québecflower Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM The song "How Does A Moment Last Forever" is very beautiful.And By the way Why you repeat over and over, or Celine understood or did not understand what the reporter asked.Mainly there was a noise. And really that was so important?!exactly , details... Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Schwa83 Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:36 PM Posted March 12, 2017 at 11:36 PM Lyrics in the booklet say "proceeds".Tried to take a picture, hope it's legible: http://i65.tinypic.com/xlbi52.jpgThanks! I have to say though... I think I prefer perceives vs. proceeds lol. 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM (edited) LGBT may be used in French (and of course many people still don't know what it means) but I doubt very much that a reporter would ask someone (in French) "So what do you think about the LGBT character"!! That's so gay!! It's an English thing to always use acronyms while speaking... Now we know who's really lazy!! It's the English-speaking Community! Edited March 13, 2017 at 12:04 AM by Xpresso 2 Quote
scielle Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:06 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:06 AM Thanks! I have to say though... I think I prefer perceives vs. proceeds lol. Aaaah. Humberto Gatica. Thank you. 1 Quote
québecflower Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:22 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:22 AM LGBT may be used in French (and of course many people still don't know what it means) but I doubt very much that a reporter would ask someone (in French) "So what do you think about the LGBT character"!! That's so gay!! It's an English thing to always use acronyms while speaking... Now we know who's really lazy!! It's the English-speaking Community! while i find what you say pretty funny, i can assure you when you listen to Radio -Canada Radio , they use it plenty... I'm one of the bizarre people who listen Radio-Canda première chaine... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
scielle Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM (edited) To everybody complaining about Celine's pronunciation, I give you Nina Simone's version of Ne me quitte pas. Now that's what I call mangled French! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7w7gk1JhQ And you know what? She's still Nina Simone! Edited March 13, 2017 at 12:38 AM by scielle 4 Quote
québecflower Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:50 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:50 AM To everybody complaining about Celine's pronunciation, I give you Nina Simone's version of Ne me quitte pas. Now that's what I call mangled French! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7w7gk1JhQ And you know what? She's still Nina Simone!many people say that this is the best version...so, a few mangled words doesn't take anything from a song, what's important is that you feel that the singer understand what she is talking about. I still prefer Celine or Jacques Brel....nothing to do with the accent. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
GameC Posted March 13, 2017 at 01:08 AM Posted March 13, 2017 at 01:08 AM ...so, a few mangled words doesn't take anything from a song, what's important is that you feel that the singer understand what she is talking about. I agree in 100%, when someone, after hearing "How Does a Moment Last Forever" sung by Céline, writes on Youtube: "If love has a sound, it probably sounds like a Celine Dion song!" what can we say more? 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.