Alison_Loves_Celine Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM I've been really put off coming onto the forum the past couple of days. Some people are just never happy & always just feel the need to drag others down to their level. Is there any chance we can just allow people to have their opinions without feeling the need to patronise them & somehow try to make yourselves look superior? Trust me, it's not working. Celine cannot possibly please everyone with regards to the songs she is singing. It's also worth pointing out that in general, most people are happy to go along & enjoy Celine's show without bitching about every last element of it. It makes depressing reading on here at times .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 4 Quote
Popular Post Celine Fan 77 Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:41 AM Popular Post Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:41 AM My general opinion about the new Francophone show: The setlist is magnificent. Céline continues to surprise us by performing some of her most obscure songs (again after a long time or for the first time ever), as was the case with Le Ballet or Zora Sourit. It's also true that last year's setlist was hard to top, but I think that she did a pretty good job with this new setlist. Nearly no English songs and most of the show sung in French is gold nowadays, we all know that Francophone Céline rocks. My only complain: I wouldn't have brought back Ordinaire and Tous Les Blues Sont Écrits Pour Toi. She always performs them in such an epic way but I would have kept them as the main memories from the 2016 Summer Tour. About Le Ballet: I couldn't close my mouth when I watched the performance last night! What an original way to reinvent the song and how nice it was to finally see her dancing with a real dancer. Some fans have mentioned the possibility of this song being lip-synched to a pre-recorded track. I won't be the one to deny that (the final head-voice note was a bit obvious). It's only the second time ever that she lips to a French song in concert, so I'm okay with it. Now, bring on a DVD! 11 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
manu23 Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:41 AM Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:41 AM Do you know any sites to buy tickets (apart from Viagogo)? I think someone mentioned an app somewhere but I can't remember. I might be able to go to Nice! 10 hours drive from Madrid but I'm trying to convince some friends for a road trip 1 Quote
flutefreak Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:47 AM Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:47 AM Let's talk about Celine's flexibility! That back bend in the air. Wow! She continues to amaze me and surprise us at almost 50. Her body is incredible. I really hope she keeps this part of the show. Maybe this is a hint of a new direction in her career? 6 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:54 AM Posted June 30, 2017 at 11:54 AM Imagine dumping PQTME in the UK for this performance of LB... that would get everyone talking here! 3 Quote
GameC Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM If she performs one song playing the piano or some instrument, that's when we'll all die and the artistry circle will be complete! Are you sure? Even on drums? (starts at 3:40) 4 Quote
Lu CelineFan Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM I don't understand some people. That performance was HOT! I have followed her since Unison and am 52 yrs. old. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. I think she is finding a new freedom because, yes, I believe she was "molded" all her life and she is no longer. Let her loosen up people! She only wore the black leotard with fringe once and may not continue with this look either but I say, she deserves to go for it! Do yall think she's Mary Poppins at home. I swear I think some of yall think she's the Virgin Mother. Ok I'll get off my soapbox now, lol! :worthy: 4 Quote Team Céline Dion Brazil@lu_celinefan
pepillo90 Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:18 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:18 PM Do you know any sites to buy tickets (apart from Viagogo)? I think someone mentioned an app somewhere but I can't remember. I might be able to go to Nice! 10 hours drive from Madrid but I'm trying to convince some friends for a road trip Hey, we could meet halfway and I'm paying part of the trip. What do you think? 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
LukeD Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:19 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:19 PM i dont think hes hot either. i know Luke D. is gonna kill me for saying that I have to get a clear look at his face to further evaluate his hotness and decide whether you should be executed or not. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM (edited) Her EUS choices make perfect sense for the French market. EUS, LE, SCAR were released as singles there. A Vous is dedicated to the fans/audience and is a good option for an uptempo song. And we also have Ordinaire, which is a masterpiece! She obviously loves the song, as it reflects her professional life, and I would like to see it becoming a standard song for her francophone tours. It is as epic as a song can be, works so well on stage! I think she could have added Tu Sauras in the dance medley and everyone would be happy! Edited June 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM by LukeD 5 Quote
Luki Dion Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:30 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:30 PM (edited) For those who attended the show and recorded it. I thank you for all my life. Thank you for sharing the videos... I mean YOUR recorded videos. Just dont be worried, people who steal the video will never monetize it as Youtube wont allow any monetization for concert recording video. And even you as the owner of the recording video, but the copyright is still belongs to the concert production. People reupload your video, but then they collect more viewers than you. That's fine as they got nothing for that. But they are helping you to share more Celine materials. People can see it worldwide included me who unfortunately cant have that chance to go to Celine show. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited June 30, 2017 at 12:36 PM by Luki Dion 2 Quote I LOVE TO SING...BUT I LOVE TO TALK TOO....!!
LukeD Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:37 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:37 PM (edited) The full performance of the song! Candy for the ears and the eyes! Not sure if this has been shared before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oiIdx4lTcI Edited June 30, 2017 at 12:37 PM by LukeD 3 Quote
Flymetothemoon Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM (edited) Ok, Im not sure im jealous about the guy for hugging and touching Celine...or jeloous over Celinefor touching that hot hunk!....hahahaDamn that was HOT! Hush, now! Think of it as a gay guy helping her support the song it's all show artistry Edited June 30, 2017 at 12:39 PM by Flymetothemoon Quote
Tyler1991 Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM The full performance of the song! Candy for the ears and the eyes! Not sure if this has been shared before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oiIdx4lTcI The beginning where she was laid out on the chair all sprawled out is missing from that video unfortunately - the audience reaction when lights came on and we seen that was amazing!! 1 Quote
Kiwi57ienz Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM I just think that this hair was perfect It is lovely, but probably wouldn't have been practical whilst hanging upside down on the hips of a hot male dancer!!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 1 Quote
celine19 Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM I've been really put off coming onto the forum the past couple of days. Some people are just never happy & always just feel the need to drag others down to their level. Is there any chance we can just allow people to have their opinions without feeling the need to patronise them & somehow try to make yourselves look superior? Trust me, it's not working. Celine cannot possibly please everyone with regards to the songs she is singing. It's also worth pointing out that in general, most people are happy to go along & enjoy Celine's show without bitching about every last element of it. It makes depressing reading on here at times .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk That´s true! So we should focus on the joy Céline brings with her music and try to post in a polite and appreciatively way......That´s the way it is .....and a big portion of humor 4 Quote Always be yourself! Unless you can be Céline......Then better be Céline!https://www.instagram.com/celine_dion_austria_fanclub/https://www.facebook.com/groups/392887531224865/
LukeD Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM The arrangements on SCAR gave me life! I loved this song since the first listen but this performance took it to another level, sounds epic live! 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:04 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:04 PM The arrangements on SCAR gave me life! I loved this song since the first listen but this performance took it to another level, sounds epic live!Me too 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
joaofilho Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:11 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:11 PM This performance of Le Ballet had to be in the English shows, Céline is very sexy 1 Quote
superstar85ca Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:16 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:16 PM Are you sure? Even on drums? (starts at 3:40) So it's not just me who loses her mind with delight when celine plays an instrument or even looks like she's playing one- or dances (Le Ballet) I just love seeing her do things like that. We all know she can sing but she has so many other talents that u think just weren't focused on because singing was number one - but even when in this clip she's twirling the drum stick and pretends to play - I just think it looks so cool and I wish she could just get to be savage on some sort of instrument. But u know celine - she only would do something if she can be the best at it. No half way!! 3 Quote
meanttofly Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:19 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:19 PM When did she do Annie Lennox?!?!She listed here as one of her British idols in one of her opening speeches (Manchester or London I guess) and sang a little bit of "why". Quote
québecflower Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:26 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:26 PM Let's talk about Celine's flexibility! That back bend in the air. Wow! She continues to amaze me and surprise us at almost 50. Her body is incredible. I really hope she keeps this part of the show. Maybe this is a hint of a new direction in her career?it reminds me of the voice when she did that and Gwen was there , her mouth open and said : Wow , Yoga... 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post superstar85ca Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:27 PM Popular Post Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:27 PM This performance of Le Ballet had to be in the English shows, Céline is very sexy i love it. I saw some people on facebook say it looked vulgar. Give me a break. It was sexy, seductive, tasteful and just plain fun. It was wonderful to see her step out of her comfort zone. And just imagine how nervous she must have been doing this live in front of all those people? She's pushing her boundaries a little and I think it's wonderful. From what ive seen other performers do on stage - this was hardly vulgar! I love that celine is trying new things, new fashion etc. The sky is the limit!! 12 Quote
scielle Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:34 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:34 PM it reminds me of the voice when she did that and Gwen was there , her mouth open and said : Wow , Yoga... What did she do on The Voice? I certainly don't remember that bit! Quote
québecflower Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:50 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:50 PM What did she do on The Voice? I certainly don't remember that bit!i think it was in the out takes, not sure , she did her thing backward with her back on the floor... Gwen was really impressed.. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
superstar85ca Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:00 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:00 PM AMAZING !!! Im so glad she did that !! she never really does performances like that ! and why shoudnt she ! its very tame in comparison to most stars, it was clasyy, she rocks !!!! Anyone make out what she said straight after the performance?? and not many performers can rock that outfit like she did!! 2 Quote
Popular Post Tyler1991 Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:12 PM Popular Post Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:12 PM I'm definitely not trying to open up a can of worms with this. Because I love Mariah. But it is funny, Celines performance last night was sexier than anything Mariah has tried to do since 1997 to be a sex symbol. Just goes to show there's a classy way to be sexy I guess haha! 10 Quote
brandon_vincent Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:20 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:20 PM Guys Celine cut her hair again back to the short!!!! I'm so excited!! It's my favorite on her now <3 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:31 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:31 PM It is lovely, but probably wouldn't have been practical whilst hanging upside down on the hips of a hot male dancer!!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki think it would have been sexier Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:34 PM Posted June 30, 2017 at 02:34 PM It's only my personal opinion. I like this song, but I think Tout l'or des hommes is better and is also Celine's hit and crowd would react maybe better.We don't know. I'd like to see more songs from another album than just SSDA. Anyway the most important thing is to remove Because you loved me and LCCM/RDMM from the set list. It doesn't make me sense to have them in the show. LCMM/RDMM should be not included in francophine setlist. Maybe Priere Paienne 😀 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.