dodobird Posted September 10, 2016 at 04:55 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 04:55 PM I dont wanna ruin your "most amazing performance in years" mood, but that was lipped as hell. Not that I complain, she was just afraid, the same as at BMA, to not be able to deliver, and I dont blame her, but on the other hand, people want to see her emotional, not 100% perfect, but I guess she just doesnt wanna show it I am VERY curious to find out how you are so sure that it's a lipped performance. 1 Quote
Jessyka Posted September 10, 2016 at 05:06 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 05:06 PM The performance was beautiful, she looked stunning in the red dress and sounded amazing. Very emotional. I'm more and more in love with the hair everytime I see it. 2 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Javito Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:02 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:02 PM (edited) Yeah, I think this is the saddest we've seen her...She's done such a great job putting on a brave face and saying all the right things about moving on, but I wonder how well she's doing, truly. She has thrown herself into work, probably because keeping busy keeps her from dwelling on loss and 'because it's what Rene would have wanted' but I hope she doesn't end up bottling in all that grief, because sooner or later, that becomes toxic. There's this one pic from last night's show where she's clenching her fists so tight you can see just how hard she's fighting to keep it together. I hope every now and then, away from the cameras, she lets herself have a good cry... I agree with you. I'm sure that last night when the screen showed that picture with her father, her husband and her brother all together, that had an impression on her somehow. Not in vain she barely could held her tears back when she turnerd back towards the audience. She always tells everyone that she's an open book, but I'm sure she doesn't tell every single bit of her private life and she has her private moments of pure intimacy too. If she has a good cry when she gets home or whatever, she's not going to tell the next journalist that, as if it came out of the blue. Also, I don't know why but I think Celine is assimilating everything she's been through in January slowly, and maybe she's coming to terms now about both losses now. Losing her brother just 2 days after René, and that she couldn't make it to his funeral, that must have took a toll on her too. I just hope that she finds comfort in work, and she works hard as we're all seeing. She also has a HUGE family and team of people surrounding her 24/7, that also helps a great deal in such situations. But somehow I can feel she's going down from the bubble since January just now, and she surely has her moments no matter it's been months already since the loss. Edited September 10, 2016 at 06:04 PM by Javito 6 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ajguerras Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:20 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:20 PM (edited) She looked amazing and performed with her heart,I love this new look.... The best thing she could have ever done is bringing a new styilist to her team.... Edited September 10, 2016 at 06:24 PM by ajguerras 3 Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
comingback Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:22 PM Author Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:22 PM amazon.combestseller songs (digital) 79. Celine- Recovering 1 Quote
Popular Post stone Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:37 PM Popular Post Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:37 PM I am the lip sync detective, TRUST ME. This was a thousand perfect LIVE. Have a seat. 14 Quote
Lotty Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:42 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:42 PM Sad to see her in interview with Katie Couric alone this time same... 1 Quote
dodobird Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:43 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:43 PM I am the lip sync detective, TRUST ME. This was a thousand perfect LIVE. Have a seat. I would love to know how you guys can tell (I'm truly curious, I'm not kidding or being sarcastic).But to my eyes (as you say) she was 1000% live...her diaphragm was moving exactly right with the music, her neck muscles were 'vibrating' exactly when they should etc etc etc...I can't possibly understand how this could have been anything than a live performance Why are people so ready to jump in and say that a wonderful performance is lip synced? Is this a new 'thang'? Just because she knows how to sing and she sings on pitch and she is a professional who holds it together for a performance, this automatically means she's lip syncing? 3 Quote
Celine-Express Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:49 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 06:49 PM It's sure that Rene will be very proud of Celine performance yesterday night at Stand Up 2 Cancer! So chic performance!! 6 Quote Encore un soir..Encore une heure..Encore une larme de bonheur..Un soir..
scielle Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:18 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:18 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
Taking Chances Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:32 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:32 PM What an amazing performance. I think she looked great, and she sounded perfect. I do realize Im late to the party, because I just found out about this. Wish she hadn't cut her hair, but otherwise perfect! 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:44 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:44 PM To anyone that would like to order stand up to Cancer t-shirt from last night show , you can order it on Amazon.com or E-bay .com as well Quote
scielle Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:50 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:50 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetThankfully, they corrected the tweet. 1st attempt said it was an award show... Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
Popular Post Xpresso Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:59 PM Popular Post Posted September 10, 2016 at 07:59 PM (edited) Please don't insult Céline and us by calling this a lipped performance.Totally LIVE. Turn your ears on!! Edited September 10, 2016 at 08:00 PM by Xpresso 14 Quote
chawatak Posted September 10, 2016 at 08:05 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 08:05 PM Can't wait to see her on ELLEN. PLEASE CELINE!! Make it perfect like you did at SU2C! 1 Quote LISTEN TO NEW SONG"Flying On My Own" ON REPEAT!!!> https://vimeo.com/328324551
Hilda Posted September 10, 2016 at 09:12 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 09:12 PM I dont wanna ruin your "most amazing performance in years" mood, but that was lipped as hell. Not that I complain, she was just afraid, the same as at BMA, to not be able to deliver, and I dont blame her, but on the other hand, people want to see her emotional, not 100% perfect, but I guess she just doesnt wanna show it it was totally live can you not tell when shes singing live? i always know. shes very still when she sings live -it was 100% live 2 Quote
tomier Posted September 10, 2016 at 09:41 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 09:41 PM it was totally live can you not tell when shes singing live? i always know. shes very still when she sings live -it was 100% liveThere is a tone, gestures... vocal moments that I can't really describe when you know it's live.. It's really not that hard to tell the difference most of the time. This was certainly live... I have few words for those who think otherwise 3 Quote
pat200 Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM this was all live, she had a few off notes. this is not like the show must go on where there are powerful high sustained belts so she had nothing to be afraid of. just enjoy this performance. 2 Quote
SlovakClark Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:24 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:24 PM One of my friends said it was lipped too and the video they showed me it clearly looked lipped. But I pointed out that in that case Tom Hanks was lipsyncing too as his speech was out of sync. The whole video was a beat off.If this was the case, I might have seen that version too. Im more than happy If its not true Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
Popular Post CelineDionFreak Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:32 PM Popular Post Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:32 PM Love this in person video! She's amazing with this song I love it! 8 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
SlovakClark Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:39 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 10:39 PM (edited) I am VERY curious to find out how you are so sure that it's a lipped performance. I didnt feel the connection betwen her and mic, the rawness of her voice. but as I said, I'll be more than happy if Im wrong Edited September 10, 2016 at 10:40 PM by SlovakClark Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
stone Posted September 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM Posted September 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM I didnt feel the connection betwen her and mic, the rawness of her voice. but as I said, I'll be more than happy if Im wrongNot if, you're wrong. 2 Quote
Katie Posted September 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM Here's the full video The end is heartbreaking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDiUDKB2I0 1 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:07 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:07 AM We don't have cable at my house, so I had to rely on YouTube for this. I love what she said at the beginning, that she misses him but the loss has now become part of her life. NOT going to get into the live vs. lipped debate, all I know is, either way, I loved it. I am so proud of her. I heard she broke down at the end and got a standing ovation and that is well deserved in my most humble opinion. 1 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Nmj Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:34 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:34 AM It's definitely live, anyone in their right mind can tell. With Céline you can tell when she lips because of her throat movements and also when she lips she does certain moves with her arms. It's something I have learned to reaf through out the years, its probably cause I'm a obessed fan but i CAN ALWAYS tell and this performance was 100 percent LIVE. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:37 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 01:37 AM (edited) I didnt feel the connection betwen her and mic, the rawness of her voice. but as I said, I'll be more than happy if Im wrongIs that what you base your criteria on? You couldn't feel the connection between her and the mic? Edited September 11, 2016 at 01:41 AM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
marc-02 Posted September 11, 2016 at 03:45 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 03:45 AM Is that what you base your criteria on? You couldn't feel the connection between her and the mic? Hahaha! 👍👍👍 I also couldnt feel the connection between SlovakMan and his comments. So can we say he is also liosynching? 😉 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted September 11, 2016 at 03:46 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 03:46 AM Is that what you base your criteria on? You couldn't feel the connection between her and the mic? Hahaha! 👍👍👍 I also couldnt feel the connection between SlovakMan and his comments. So can we say he is also lipsynching? 😉 1 Quote
Brandon Posted September 11, 2016 at 04:03 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 04:03 AM I dont wanna ruin your "most amazing performance in years" mood, but that was lipped as hell. Not that I complain, she was just afraid, the same as at BMA, to not be able to deliver, and I dont blame her, but on the other hand, people want to see her emotional, not 100% perfect, but I guess she just doesnt wanna show itThis was not lipsy. Are you hard of earing??? Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Kristinaz Posted September 11, 2016 at 04:17 AM Posted September 11, 2016 at 04:17 AM (edited) Here we go...finally got around to uploading it from Nabbox. Original capper was JeanGuy http://srv.nabbox.tv/201609/Divers/Celine_Dion-2016-09-09-SU2C_Thumbs.jpghttp://www.mediafire...-09-09-SU2C.zip Edited September 11, 2016 at 04:18 AM by Kristinaz 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.