Jump to content

Céline on Stand Up to Cancer - September 9th, 2016


Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks a lot Kristinaz! :w00t:

The quality is amazing :clap:

merci ^_^

Posted

Love the performance.

 

Also, I am now officially a trendsetter. Celine's hairstyle's just like mine :giggle: (and we both should change it :D)

  • Like 1
Posted
I might not be alone in this but every time I see her sad like she was in SU2C I want to run all the way over there and give her a big hug and say "don't worry....we're all here for you". Am I crazy? :blush:
  • Like 4
Posted

I might not be alone in this but every time I see her sad like she was in SU2C I want to run all the way over there and give her a big hug and say "don't worry....we're all here for you". Am I crazy? :blush:

 

Definitely not, I feel the same way and I think Bradley Cooper felt the same way

 

  • Like 2
Posted
Btw , I just brought a T-shirt from Here as well.
Posted
no official video on youtube?

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

no official video on youtube?

Nope.....par for the course. :wacko:
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Great performance, but it's lipped. I'm sorry, I totally understand SlovakClark when he says 'there's no connection between the mic and her' even if you make fun of him. There's a special sound when it's live. When you move your head, you have to hear the move. This performance has gone though post-production and everything has been smoothed out. It could have been dubbed, but the fan video rules that out. Some breaths are too strong not to show at all on her face. And come on, the beginning is too strong for her to deliver it like with that posture and face. The tonality is too high for her to sing with super ease. She'll probably tone it down a little for the live versions.

 

Still, it is a GREAT performance. I'm (most) always for a live performance, and don't give a damn about pre-recorded tracks, lip-syncing but some lipped performances are just very emotional. TSMGO was one, this one is too. This song just makes me cry.

Posted

Great performance, but it's lipped. I'm sorry, I totally understand SlovakClark when he says 'there's no connection between the mic and her' even if you make fun of him. There's a special sound when it's live. When you move your head, you have to hear the move. This performance has gone though post-production and everything has been smoothed out. It could have been dubbed, but the fan video rules that out. Some breaths are too strong not to show at all on her face. And come on, the beginning is too strong for her to deliver it like with that posture and face. The tonality is too high for her to sing with super ease. She'll probably tone it down a little for the live versions.

 

Still, it is a GREAT performance. I'm (most) always for a live performance, and don't give a damn about pre-recorded tracks, lip-syncing but some lipped performances are just very emotional. TSMGO was one, this one is too. This song just makes me cry.

I officially give up. How can you not tell from the first lick that it's live?!?! Her delays and even the first "lost", and she's got her corded microphone. You're in need of new ears if you think this was lipped. Legit I can't even.

  • Like 1
Posted
I know it was live I can clearly tell, but are you saying she never lips with the corded mic?
Posted (edited)

I officially give up. How can you not tell from the first lick that it's live?!?! Her delays and even the first "lost", and she's got her corded microphone. You're in need of new ears if you think this was lipped. Legit I can't even.

First 'Little by little, day by day': she cannot move without no change at all in sound! Or when she moves her head for 'I am a recovering, a constant regretter.'

And it's a different sound. Everything is smoothed. Just go listen to her lives, even the perfect ones, and you'll hear the differences. Dance With My Father for example (even if there were sound problems), or Vole/Fly. Of course, Celine can be perfect, but even perfect has a different sound live. And once again, it's too high for Celine to deliver it with such ease.

Celine has mastered the lipping, she knows how to open her mouth a little, not at all, and just go with the flow, but the sound says it all.

 

But once again, I'm ok with the lipping here.

Edited by justinecoria
Posted
Céline called me tonight to say hi so I asked her THE question and she told me she sang live. The debate is closed. Period! ;)
  • Like 7
Posted

 

First 'Little by little, day by day': she cannot move without no change at all in sound! Or when she moves her head for 'I am a recovering, a constant regretter.'

And it's a different sound. Everything is smoothed. Just go listen to her lives, even the perfect ones, and you'll hear the differences. Dance With My Father for example, or Vole/Fly. Of course, Celine can be perfect, but even perfect has a different sound live. And once again, it's too high for Celine to deliver it with such ease.

Celine has mastered the lipping, she knows how to open her mouth a little, not at all, and just go with the flow, but the sound says it all.

 

But once again, I'm ok with the lipping here.

 

She didn't lip I HAVE mastered the art of knowing when she lips and doesn't. She doesn't lip as good as you may think.

  • Like 5
Posted

I know it was live I can clearly tell, but are you saying she never lips with the corded mic?

 

Obviously she lips with the corded mic, especially when it's a part of her show, she isn't going to switch mics to lip.... but what this person is referring to I think is a one off performance, has she ever lipped with the corded mic recently for a short promo....

  • Like 1
Posted

She didn't lip I HAVE mastered the art of knowing when she lips and doesn't. She doesn't lip as good as you may think.

I have mastered it too. First notes on TSMGO, I posted here that it wasn't live when people were saying it was. Celine has different lipping attitudes, and this one is the slow song one. The last 'One step at a time' just gives it away to me.

And the first notes always give it too.

Anyways, I guess what's going to settle this is that she's probably gonna sing it live at Ellen's. And she'll lower the tone. If she does that, we'll know who's right ;).

Posted

 

I have mastered it too. First notes on TSMGO, I posted here that it wasn't live when people were saying it was. Celine has different lipping attitudes, and this one is the slow song one. The last 'One step at a time' just gives it away to me.

And the first notes always give it too.

Anyways, I guess what's going to settle this is that she's probably gonna sing it live at Ellen's. And she'll lower the tone. If she does that, we'll know who's right ;).

 

Totally wrong! This is not lipped!

 

Kev x

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)
Can we not pretend like we are lip syncing experts.... I don't think at all it was lipped, but I am not going to go around acting like I'm so impressively able to notice evey possible lip movement or whatever, bla-bla-bla. And I think some of us will say it's lipped no matter what the situation is. Especially if we are Celine fans but like others better, such as mariah (I love her btw, not a dig). Can we just not do this? IT sounded beautiful. It obviously wasn't the audio track. And let's leave it at that. IF she lipped, which I HIGHLY doubt, it was lipped to a live version, just so that she wouldn't make any errors in an important performance... Not that I think she did. So, in a way, it was still a live performance just pre-recorded, it's not like she was in a studio singing and editing until it was perfect. So can we end this already? It's not exactly the thing we need to be focusing on, seriously... Edited by tomier
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
Delete. Edited by justinecoria
Posted

 

First 'Little by little, day by day': she cannot move without no change at all in sound! Or when she moves her head for 'I am a recovering, a constant regretter.'

And it's a different sound. Everything is smoothed. Just go listen to her lives, even the perfect ones, and you'll hear the differences. Dance With My Father for example (even if there were sound problems), or Vole/Fly. Of course, Celine can be perfect, but even perfect has a different sound live. And once again, it's too high for Celine to deliver it with such ease.

Celine has mastered the lipping, she knows how to open her mouth a little, not at all, and just go with the flow, but the sound says it all.

 

But once again, I'm ok with the lipping here.

 

Come on, this song isn't high at all. She could nail this key easily.

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)
Triple post, sorry... Pls delete. Edited by rhapsodion
Posted (edited)
Pls delete. Sorry. Edited by rhapsodion
Posted (edited)

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I cannot not say this...

 

After having read all posts regarding Celine's lipping or not lipping Recovering, I'm wondering....does it really matter? Was it or was it not a wonderful, moving, emotional and VERY personal (to her and possibly many others) performance?

 

Some say she performed live, some say she was lip singing....we can never know for sure unless Celine herself decides to join this forum and tell us (Celine, if you're reading this, PLEASE DO!!!!). So why argue on something that we can never truly know the truth about? Singers are people. They are human. They have good days and bad days. But they have the added burden of not being able to 'call-in sick'....so they have to go on with a performance even if they feel like....well you get what I mean. So instead of going out and butchering a song or ruining the image they have created with sweat, blood and tears, they decide to use a pre-recorded track. Now I'm not saying it's ok for a performer of that calibre to be lazy (because let's face it....many of them have lip-sung before because they were too lazy to practice or do sound-checks or whatever). But Celine is not one of them. She has never been lazy and she has never (at least to my knowledge) ignored or disrespected her commitments.

 

So what's the point? What I'm trying to say here is that even if you are such an expert and you know for a fact that it was lip-sync, good for you. It means you are a good singer or you know Celine better than she knows herself. But personally, I really, honestly, irrevocably, undoubtedly don't care. I don't admire her because she's perfect. I admire her because she doesn't pretend to be perfect. I admire her because she does everything in her power to honor the people who made her who she is today (i.e, her fans), by putting on a performance the best way she can. And this might entail lip-singing sometimes, it's ok. It's showbiz after all, right?

Edited by dodobird
  • Like 4
Posted
99.99/100 was live, not important but that's the true as far as I know. Celine kept it together, she is able to.
  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

 

Not if, you're wrong.

 

One way you'll know if she's lipping. They always put a little auto tune. If you're a true fan you'll noticed that. And you'll know if she's singing live if it's so raw and when she say the p there's a "puh" in mic unlike the lipped version it's clean. Trust me it's live! :)

Posted

Céline called me tonight to say hi so I asked her THE question and she told me she sang live. The debate is closed. Period! ;)

 

Yeah she called me too last night, and she said the same thing. I trust her, we would never lie to eachother on the phone.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

Yeah she called me too last night, and she said the same thing. I trust her, we would never lie to eachother on the phone.

Well of course not, not after that delicious bagel with strawberry cream chese you served her, y'all are tight! :giggle:
  • Like 4
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Yeah she called me too last night, and she said the same thing. I trust her, we would never lie to eachother on the phone.

 

Strange because she called me last night and she said it was lipped through and through. She said it was too emotional a song for her that she could not sing it live. And then she asked me to say hello to the forum on her behalf.

 

:-D

Posted
Honestly the truth is that she was lipping a pre-recorded lipped version they made. I asked my Ouija board and she would never lie to me :hmm:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Wait she called me also!

(Thought I'd get in on it lol)

  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...