québecflower Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:40 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:40 PM I really love the way she sings "But my smile still stays on" she does look like a maniac a bit, like the Joker in the first batman(Jack Nicholson) . indeed the smile stays on , no choice. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post québecflower Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:44 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:44 PM RC is a fine young guy. Often , at that age , young ones will only think about themselves (some people stay like that all their life) . He did that just to please his mom, not making a big fuss out of it. That was so great. 9 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post freduzz92 Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:52 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:52 PM Hi everyone, I'm new the forum. I've been a fan of Celine's since I was four yeas old. Now, twenty years later im still AMAZED by this woman!!!! I absolutely LOVED last nights performanceand I love her new recording of 'The Show Must Go On'!!!!! Congratulations Celine on your ICON AWARD!!!!! 10 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:52 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:52 PM It is phenomenal to have watched him grow up like he has. And he looked so comfortable. I loved how he said 'oh sure!' 12 Quote
Daysleeper Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:55 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:55 PM What a powerful and iconic performance!! I can't stop repeating the video. 6 Quote
stevo Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:58 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:58 PM Hi everyone, I'm new the forum. I've been a fan of Celine's since I was four yeas old. Now, twenty years later im still AMAZED by this woman!!!! I absolutely LOVED last nights performanceand I love her new recording of 'The Show Must Go On'!!!!! Congratulations Celine on your ICON AWARD!!!!! Welcome to the MadHouse!!! 6 Quote
Popular Post chawatak Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:01 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:01 PM (edited) FOXNEWS! The best, worst and weirdest moments at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards http://www.foxnews.c...ml?intcmp=hpbt4 THE BEST 1. Celine Dion Rules the Stage In her first televised performance since the death of her husband, Rene Angelil, Dion was honored with the Icon Award and delivered a powerful, fierce rendition of Queen's single "The Show Must Go On." The singer's bold delivery -- as well as her tearful acceptance speech -- solidified her position as the night's biggest highlight. WATCH: Celine Dion on Emotional BBMAs Honor and Son's Surprise Edited May 23, 2016 at 03:03 PM by chawatak 15 Quote LISTEN TO NEW SONG"Flying On My Own" ON REPEAT!!!> https://vimeo.com/328324551
I Drove All Night! Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:07 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:07 PM Here are a few HQ-ish photos that I've found circulating: http://wtop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-Billboard-Music-Awards-Show14-1652x1254.jpeghttp://content.tegna-media.com/photo/2016/05/23/635995531987799276-GTY-533616562-82091085_2441177_ver1.0.JPGhttp://wtop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-Billboard-Music-Awards-Show12-1701x1254.jpeghttp://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/2016_BILLBOARD_MUSIC_AWARDS_-_SHOW_21369947.jpghttp://www.billboardmusicawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/533616604.jpghttp://img.etonline.com/media/video/2016/05/24240578/et_celinecharles_2052216hulu.jpghttp://img.etonline.com/media/video/2016/05/24240582/et_celine_title2_052216hulu.jpghttp://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/16/20/1600x800/landscape-1463971397-gettyimages-533616914.jpg 6 Quote
ThisTime Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:10 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:10 PM Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony tweeted about Celine last night and I didn't see it posted yet! Apologies if I missed it and it was. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 7 Quote http://i.imgur.com/MfrTohK.gifMy Twitter || My Tumblr
louisechf Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:13 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:13 PM Here in The Netherlands most news websites do mention the emotional acceptance speech, but the premiere of Adele's video, Madonna's tribute and Britney's undies are featured in the headlines. Only the #1 tabloid show RTL Boulevard is having a photo of Celine and RC centered on their website. On all of them, not a single word on her truly outstanding and icon-worthy performance... I actually wrote to the girl who wrote the article and told her about the huge news Céline is. She replayed to me that she dont think so, hah... I pretended that I didnt care and also told her that the Billboards was in Vegas, she had made a hashtag för Los Angeles. I feel so bad that they didnt wrote something about Céline and about the answer she gave me!!! louisechf with love 2 Quote
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:16 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:16 PM I actually wrote to the girl who wrote the article and told her about the huge news Céline is. She replayed to me that she dont think so, hah... I pretended that I didnt care and also told her that the Billboards was in Vegas, she had made a hashtag för Los Angeles. I feel so bad that they didnt wrote something about Céline and about the answer she gave me!!! louisechf with love Then she is not a good journalist. If you're writing an objective article about an awards show, you should state the facts. This isn't an opt-ed where you just give your opinion on something. You should look around at what the night consisted of, and how people reacted, and what the energy was and write your article based on all of that. Clearly if she had done her job correctly, she would have written about Celine, not only because of the hype she's getting after the fact, but because of the hype she got IN THAT MOMENT. THAT MOMENT is what this journalist should have been writing about. Instead, she created a diary entry. She wont be around long in her career. Mark my words. 8 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:19 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:19 PM Hey garçon. I totally understand your feelings, and I would take a live version over any lip-synced one. To be honest, first thing I wrote here when I was watching the performance live was 'Playback '. But yesterday was more than just any lip-sync performance. The pre-recorded track was great (way way way better than the single version, which probably lowered our expectations haha). Celine was on fire, playing it the right way for once.And the song has so much meaning right now after what happened in her life.Just for this, I'm willing to call this performance one of the most memorable of her career. Happy for all those people who on the one hand are so bright to acknowledge her lipping and who are on the other hand just happy with it. I sincerely wish it didn't give me such an embarassing and unconfortable feeling. Quote
gafsa Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:20 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:20 PM Then she is not a good journalist. If you're writing an objective article about an awards show, you should state the facts. This isn't an opt-ed where you just give your opinion on something. You should look around at what the night consisted of, and how people reacted, and what the energy was and write your article based on all of that. Clearly if she had done her job correctly, she would have written about Celine, not only because of the hype she's getting after the fact, but because of the hype she got IN THAT MOMENT. THAT MOMENT is what this journalist should have been writing about. Instead, she created a diary entry. She wont be around long in her career. Mark my words. if she want to talk about her opinion she better become a blogger not journalist 4 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:21 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:21 PM if she want to talk about her opinion she better become a blogger not journalist Or just go on Facebook. Opinons are like @ssholes...everyone has one. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
idroveallnight Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:24 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:24 PM They're about to talk about the performance on The View - headline says she stole the show. 1 Quote
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:28 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:28 PM BTW...Celine Dion is NUMBER 1 TREND on Facebook right now!! 15 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:29 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:29 PM @ Garçon... It's ok to have your opinion but calling people ignorant and being disrespectful to Céline and members here is not OK!!Let's say that it doesn't make you come across as a nice person.I could have used a much harsher word but I won't follow your example. I don't see how I am being disrespectful 'towards Celine' (is she even reading along?). She rather would be disrespectful towards her audience by lipping presumed live performances for that matter.Since you are reacting so stongly on my earlier statements; It may have been blunt to say people are acting ignorant, but how about meticulously disclaiming people -not only me- who utter different 'opinions'? (though perhaps this was beyond an opinion because I was trying to get the facts straight) Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:31 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:31 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited May 23, 2016 at 03:31 PM by Loup_garou 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:31 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:31 PM Jesus wept. Let's move on. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
ThisTime Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:36 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:36 PM I really hope they upload this to her Vevo account. I don't know if someone was ever granted the rights from BB or ABC to do so... but it would be a pity to watch this performance get forgotten... just like her awesome songs from the Bublé Xmas.... Yeah I actually don't recall seeing these get uploaded from past years by other artists! It's a pity Quote http://i.imgur.com/MfrTohK.gifMy Twitter || My Tumblr
Popular Post I Drove All Night! Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:37 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:37 PM Here are some new ones from backstage and of her arriving at the arena (she must have gotten ready somewhere other than the arena since her hair is done) 8 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:37 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:37 PM I thought last night was amazing in so many ways. I thought the performance was amazing, thanks for telling me she wasn't really singing, and I thought her speech was sooo moving. I wish she knew it was ok to cry around/in front of us/her son. How else will her boys learn that it is isafe to express feelings? We'll be there for/with her as she cries, and at the same time, I never ever ever want to see her like that ever again, it was soooooooooooo difficult to hear her that emotional, raw and real. I loved that RC gave her the award, that must have been one heck of a surprise. I loved her line about the fans traveling through music with her in good and bad times. I was so torn up by how she ended it all, on a sad, but yet somewhat hopeful positive note. Also, this part goes to any French speakers, native or studied, in the house. But I noticed...we would say, do you mind standing with me? She says, do you mind to stand with me? Studying Spanish and a bit of French, I get that it's how the verbs conjugate, we use tenses and it seems they don't. I was and am so damn proud of her, no matter whether or not she sang live, let me say it now I do *not* care. I know many people do and you definitely have the right to care about details like that. Honestly, I don't right now, I love love love this attention and spotlight on her. This is what I as a fan crave, because she soooooo deserves it. Also, I saw the tweet from the girl in Fifth Harmony, I love them btw, and thought that was very lovely of her. Celebs are freaking out about this too from what I hear. 1 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
chrisannabanana Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:38 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:38 PM Does anybody else want a music video for this? I mean after that performance.... I would love to see a creative concept for this song. 3 Quote
Popular Post I Drove All Night! Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:41 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:41 PM A few epic pics from her performance: 8 Quote
québecflower Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:44 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:44 PM Celine is becoming cool.... 7 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
ThisTime Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:45 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:45 PM Does anybody else want a music video for this? I mean after that performance.... I would love to see a creative concept for this song.Absolutely! Lindsey always does really cool videos for her music and they could really put together an amazing one! Quote http://i.imgur.com/MfrTohK.gifMy Twitter || My Tumblr
chrisannabanana Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:52 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:52 PM Absolutely! Lindsey always does really cool videos for her music and they could really put together an amazing one! I really, really, really hope they see how epic this performance is and even if it wasn't intentionally meant to be any kind of single, they turn it into one. Full music video, promo *a girl can dream Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:52 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:52 PM Celine is becoming cool.... We're going to have to start calling ourselves the Céline Hipsters.... We liked Céline before liking her was cool! 3 Quote
québecflower Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:54 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 03:54 PM We're going to have to start calling ourselves the Céline Hipsters.... We liked Céline before liking her was cool!yes, those new lovers have no right, we were there before... but the more , the merrier.. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
cdfan32 Posted May 23, 2016 at 04:01 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 04:01 PM Celine was great, and that speech.. my heart breaks for her. She's had such a rough year. RC got a photo with Rihanna:http://puu.sh/p1OWB/d2b08466ca.png 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.