celinesounds Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:29 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:29 AM If she mimed good for her, nobody else will notice apart from a few fans, Britney Spears actually danced to the CD version of her songs and everybody seems happy about it. It was an spectacular performance and she is getting all the recognition she deserves for it. Britney voice was modified since the beginning to have one of the most recognized voices in the world and they did, i'm impress with some early videos from Britney, she sang well with a pretty and singing voice 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM I care. She was presented nothing less than an 'ICON-award'. Then act like one by, at least, singing live. Even Madonna sang live for that matter.But this is getting cynical. Fans would rather have her showcase something fake than something real. Remember the days you fell in love with her? That probably wasn't because of lipsync shows like these. http://i.imgur.com/WTDnnwE.gif I cared more for the out of tune AMA-performance than this postiche. Then go listen to the AMA performance again while the rest of us revel. Thank GOD Celine didn't have another out of tune pitchy mess or else she'd be dismissed the way Mariah is now. 6 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM (edited) They say fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. If you're a Celine fan in 2016 and still whining about lipsynching then it's your own fault if you get disappointed. Probably time for you to find another idol. Edited May 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM by Your_Su_Phu 5 Quote
Popular Post takeachance Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Celine Dion :Do you mind just staying next to me ? RC: Wha?Celine Dion :Do you mind just staying next to me ?RC : Sure ya ! :D 14 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
maria_k Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM can't wait to come back from work and to see all the pics and videos and new GoT episode.. and I think now it would be enough for some time to just enjoy this great evening for Celine, but we also have 'Encore Un Soir' tomorrow, how lucky we are 4 Quote
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM http://i.imgur.com/WTDnnwE.gif Then go listen to the AMA performance again while the rest of us revel. Thank GOD Celine didn't have another out of tune pitchy mess or else she'd be dismissed the way Mariah is now. Join the ignorants? No, thank you. They say fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. If you're a Celine fan in 2016 and still whining about lipsynching then it's your own fault if you get disappointed. Probably time for you to find another idol. Interesting.You mean: Adele probably? That would make a full circle.Perhaps give this some thinking darling. Quote
minniemare5 Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:44 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:44 AM I definitely believe that Rene was behind RC giving the award to Celine. I bet this was planned months ago It made me cry when he walked on stage What a gentleman! 2 Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM (edited) I care. She was presented nothing less than an 'ICON-award'. Then act like one by, at least, singing live. Even Madonna sang live for that matter.But this is getting cynical. Fans would rather have her showcase something fake than something real. Remember the days you fell in love with her? That probably wasn't because of lipsync shows like these. I cared more for the out of tune AMA-performance than this postiche.I sense your complaints will last for a while, so to save us time and positivity, let me boil your issue down to 2 important points: 1.Celine got the well-deserved award for her achievements, not because of the TSMGO performance. 2.Go watch the AMA performance. This is the good thing with Celine... she's got a little bit of something for everyone. Edited May 23, 2016 at 11:03 AM by LukeD 2 Quote
celine_026 Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:47 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:47 AM Vimeo wont let me download anyone got a dropbox link? Quote http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1098/power01eq1.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM Join the ignorants? No, thank you. I invited you to go listen to the AMA performance you love so much, how is that in any way imploring you to "join the ignorants"? http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1387751982l/703490.jpg Interesting.You mean: Adele probably? That would make a full circle.Perhaps give this some thinking darling. Who cares? Don't let the door hit you on your way out. 3 Quote
scielle Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:52 AM Author Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:52 AM (edited) If Aldo does not pay to have this on her Vevo it will be a massive mistake! Kev x Yeah, ridiculous to hire a YouTube star to do this, then proceed to remove it from YouTube.But they'd have to do it now. Before the moment has passed. Separately - Stephan Moccio of ANDHC fame - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited May 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM by scielle 5 Quote
browseceline Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:54 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:54 AM Okay, you all ready for this coming from the anti-covers guy on here? "The Show Must Go On" is now the one and only cover I not only agree with, but actually WANT to stay in her shows. Plus, the curtain drop proves "I Surrender" needs to move to the side for this song as the opener in her Vegas show. I just...WOW!Yes!! The curtain works so much here! And hire lindsey for the solo. That must stay in as well! Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Philippe1984 Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:02 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:02 AM i hope we will get a video of seal presenting her, the montage, her performance, and the speech all in one On Nabbox Quote
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM (edited) Seeing that you came back for a second comment I sense your complaints will last for a while, so, to save us time and positivity, let me boil your issue down to 2 important points: 1.Celine got the well-deserved award for her achievements, not because of the TSMGO performance. 2.Go watch the AMA performance. This is the good thing with Celine... she's got a little bit of something for everyone. Of course I will not waste my time further eloborating on the issue, trying to open the eyes of people. I invited you to go listen to the AMA performance you love so much, how is that in any way imploring you to "join the ignorants"? http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1387751982l/703490.jpg Who cares? Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Well, the fact that I stated I prefer the AMA performance over this one obviously doesn't imply that the AMA performance was pleasing to watch/listen to in the first place. Talking about comprehension. Obviously that wasn't the point. About bundling away people with different opinions: We all know this is a non critical fan forum. Different 'opinions', or observations rather, are not appreciated. I won't further rain on the parade of ignorants. I'll watch some of Adeles then (probably not) or watch another 90's performance which helped creating the 'icon', I haven't seen last night. Edited May 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM by garçon Quote
browseceline Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:07 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:07 AM (edited) Still over the moon and proud on our DIVA! Btw as it is quite strange the studioversion was a complete different arrangement ( except lindsey) - why this vegas version? Have they read our comments on the forum or did anyone of you contacted Aldo in some way to use the Vegas version instead. Which was the best choice like ever ???? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Edited May 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
powerofamor17 Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:14 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:14 AM Of course I will not waste my time further eloborating on the issue, trying to open the eyes of people. Well, the fact that I stated I prefer the AMA performance over this one obviously doesn't imply that the AMA performance was pleasing to watch/listen to in the first place. Talking about comprehension. Obviously that wasn't the point. About bundling away people with different opinions: We all know this is a non critical fan forum. Different 'opinions', or observations rather, are not appreciated. I won't further rain on the parade of ignorants. I'll watch some of Adeles then (probably not) or watch another 90's performance which helped creating the 'icon', I haven't seen last night.Kay bye, just remember she lipped in the 90s too. In her prime I might add, and certainly at prestigious shows *cough* the Grammys. Anywho enjoy your Adele songs, I'm sure they'll help you through your tragic times. 1 Quote
Popular Post Tyler1991 Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM (edited) I feel as if her lipping this is about the same as her lipping BYLM...SO WHAT??? As long as it's convincing who cares, she's sang it live perfectly to the same standard of the track if not better, even within this same week, and obviously many times overall. It's not as if we're entirely fooled to the point she is showing us something in this playback that she is truly incapable of doing live. Hell, it could have very well been a live take earlier in the day or week. Also, think about how nervous everyone was for her, how nervous she probably was for herself. Think about how much of a joke the rest of the BBMA's were and how she was easily best of the night regardless. To sum it up, I'd say i can't think of any other 10 minute span of her career that so entirely shows why I love her so much. Everything i love about celine was in that 10 minute span. Amazing right?? Truly is one of her biggest moments. Edited May 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM by Tyler1991 13 Quote
manu23 Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:29 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:29 AM Maybe you are the ignorant garçon, or maybe you are just to difficult to please, if she sings live and makes mistake you complaint, if she prerecords and does it perfectly you complaint as well, must feel exhausting being you. Celine sings this and many other songs live in Las Vegas so she can deliver, you can watch any of those or as you said, watch Adele, she is great too, deserves all views you can give her 7 Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:32 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 11:32 AM (edited) Maybe you are the ignorant garçon, or maybe you are just to difficult to please, if she sings live and makes mistake you complaint, if she prerecords and does it perfectly you complaint as well, must feel exhausting being you. This is funny cause it's true. I remember he bashed Celine for her AMAs performance and irritated many members here. Edited May 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM by LukeD 5 Quote
MaxRayÎles Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:06 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:06 PM Some asked Celine to give a shout out to Sia: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFvSOtrTYnq/?r=218826307I'm in here is such a great song. I love it! Quote
powerofamor17 Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM This is funny cause it's true. I remember he bashed Celine for her AMAs performance and irritated many members here.He may have a secret hate for Céline, potential Mariah fan in the works. Quote
donpi86 Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM I saw this morning the performance... absolutly PERFECT.. her presence in the stage was amazing... I like how she really believe in herself when she is the main star, ( I mean... normally she seems more nervous when she is singing honouring someone else in this kinds of shows)... Beautiful arrangaments mixing the studio version and vegas version... She didn't do the goofy violin sign sooo that was perfect for me... I was really impressed with the intro... simply.. WOW.. there she is .. THE DIVA.. the last show business DIVA... she is here and the show must go on.... Then it comes the lipping thing... when I hear it first I thought... wow it sounds sooooo perfect.. too perfect... (is she daring to do playback??) It's sounds better than the auto-tuned studio recording and much better than Vegas... She is pletoric... I truly didn't want to believe it was pre-recorded.. I don't give a s**t if it is a live prerecord.. or whatelse... This is a really high and unnecessary risk... Remember when Beyoncé made a lip sync performance in some awards and they almost kill her... Reading you I know that if I'm a fan I must agree with this "just in case pre-recorded voice just to keep the image of the perfect voice" ... But I refuse to accept it even I have to resigned to it... But I'll never understand it... someone who can easily do it.. even if it doesn't sound perfect.. nervous... I don't care... I will always prefer a completely live performance because it is an important moment and she will sing it as she feels in that moment... eve if it is not perfect... but is going to be real and in a unique way... I don't care if she lip-sync in a TV show.. in a promo.. ok... But concerts and awards/special tv shows... sorry but i think it is a shame... Call me ignorant but I would like to think 1) even it sounds difficult.. this was a live performance.. i have my doubts hehe 2) this is not a Celine decision... this things comes from the organization, producers and management... By the way.. I just wanna to talk about, somehow, it is sad that "casually" Celine she is being more recognized by the show biz now that it is a "drama" in her personal life... When she was completely happy she was a cheesy woman not to be taken seriously... just make fun of the titanic singer... Now suddenly she is respected (she is today in rolling stone website with a "good" review.. haha) I would like not to relate this with Rene passing away... but somehow it is inevitable.. Quote
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM Kay bye, just remember she lipped in the 90s too. In her prime I might add, and certainly at prestigious shows *cough* the Grammys. Anywho enjoy your Adele songs, I'm sure they'll help you through your tragic times. Indeed, won't participate in this 'discussion' But about Adele: well actually I rarely listen to her music. To me, Celine is this more the real deal lolIn the '90's', has Celine lipped more often at events of Grammy-calibre other than the Prayer (due to Andrea Bocelli)? Quote
celinefanonline Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM not sure if anyone notice but BBMA FB page they changed the cover to Celine's opening pic!!! (her back) Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
scielle Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM Author Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM (edited) http://www.eonline.c...ely-therapeutic "Normally I feel pretty much in control. I don't necessarily like surprises. I like to be prepared; I thought I was," the Canadian singer said. "From a mom who was prepared with her children at the funerals, to tell them that it's fine, to be strong and all that, so for me I was like, 'OK, I'm going to sing my favorite song,' and they want to give me that award? Oh, my God. It's not the reason why I'm doing that. It's not the reason why I'm here. But they're giving me a very, very important...iconic award…for my children when I'm gone, these are the moments that will stay. These are the moments that will be remembered, I think. For my husband, 'The Show Must Go On,' his favorite song that I do every night, [was why] I said 'OK, I'll go and it's going to work.'"Celine was taken aback when René-Charles appeared on stage to give her the ICON award. Doing so meant putting himself in front of "so many people" and that could be "intimidating." As she explained to E! News, "This is what we do, and it's hard. For my son to say, 'I'm going to be doing this for my mom,' I was like, 'Wow, OK. Thank you, Billboard. You got me. Thank you." http://www.people.com/article/billboard-music-awards-2016-what-you-missed?xid=rss-fullcontent"The most emotional moment of the night belonged to Dion, who saluted the crowd before being introduced. The audience looked on in amazement during her performance of "The Show Must Go On."At the end of the show, she received the Icon Award, which was presented to her by her 15-year-old son René-Charles. Her heartfelt speech left the crowed teary-eyed through the entire commercial break, and a hype-man even commented on there not being a "dry eye in the house."" Edited May 23, 2016 at 12:36 PM by scielle 4 Quote
Remon Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM By the way.. I just wanna to talk about, somehow, it is sad that "casually" Celine she is being more recognized by the show biz now that it is a "drama" in her personal life... When she was completely happy she was a cheesy woman not to be taken seriously... just make fun of the titanic singer... Now suddenly she is respected (she is today in rolling stone website with a "good" review.. haha) I would like not to relate this with Rene passing away... but somehow it is inevitable.. I had the same feeling this morning... Headlines are all about the losses, this comeback and above all the emotional acceptance speech. It will probably be hard because her upcoming albums will feature songs related to all the unfortunate events, but I hope the media will close this chapter now and start focussing on her music again instead of the personal drama. And the 'good' thing about everything that has happened, is that they might hopefully do so with a bit more dignity and respect than before. 4 Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:44 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:44 PM He may have a secret hate for Céline, potential Mariah fan in the works. Are you implying Momo has any fans left? Seriously, I don't think anyone here is a hater. It's just just impossible to please everyone! 2 Quote
zuv Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:52 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:52 PM Lol just waking up and guess what i dreamt of René-charles n Celine all night!! it was great!! I became friend with him and then with celine. Somehow we were in a war zone, and we had to espace from rockets flying over our heads. There were also special flying rocks, and we could used them as transportation. So we flu all the way to the Vegas strip to hide... So random Quote
nomys Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM I woke up at 7 this morning (france), what a treat to discover this amazing performance. I took my breakfast looking at it again and again. She was awesome . Thank you Céline, you are the Queen. 2 Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:57 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:57 PM (edited) Woke up at 7:00AM too and it was a wonderful thing to wake up to! Edited May 23, 2016 at 01:14 PM by A new day... 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.