Popular Post LukeD Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:57 PM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 12:57 PM (edited) A stranger on FB commented that Celine was terrible, outdated and kitsch to which I replied that there's nothing more outdated and kitsch than a 40 year old pulling faces on FB!^ This was in reference to his ridiculous profile pic. Thing is I never resort to such commentary! This performance transformed me into a keyboard warrior! Edited May 23, 2016 at 01:10 PM by LukeD 15 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:01 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:01 PM I concur with all the people who say it was one of her finest performances on television EVER! The heels, the dress, the moves, the song, the orchestra. She even fooled me into thinking it was live until close to the end. I'm still not sure, having watched it many times, if the entire thing is lipped or that she starts lipping after Lindsay plays. It is quite obvious from that point on that she isn't singing (to me, a fan who has watched her closely for 25 years now) but there's no way any one in the audience or a casual fan/non fan would have recognized it. She threw herself into the song and, as others have said, gave the performance of a lifetime. I think this is truly a new beginning for her career. The reaction has been positive across the board. You can feel how the industry is really loving her and throwing their entire support behind her. With Aldo in charge of her career, it seems as if this new chapter is going to be an amazing one and so much fun to watch!! 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:11 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:11 PM Is it gone off ytube already? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mirage Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:12 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:12 PM If only she had a english album coming out. I hate the fact that the whole performance and speech are so hard to find on youtube and other 3 Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:14 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:14 PM (edited) I forgot to ask, do you think Celine began to sing sooner than she was supposed to? Or did they shorten the intro? It sounded weird the first time I listened to it! Edited May 23, 2016 at 01:14 PM by A new day... Quote
artistman2007 Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:18 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:18 PM I forgot to ask, do you think Celine began to sing sooner than she was supposed to? Or did they shorten the intro? It sounded weird the first time I listened to it! yes they did shorten the intro but still good 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:18 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:18 PM @ Garçon... It's ok to have your opinion but calling people ignorant and being disrespectful to Céline and members here is not OK!!Let's say that it doesn't make you come across as a nice person.I could have used a much harsher word but I won't follow your example. 6 Quote
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:29 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:29 PM My God! I missed so much the electric guitar and the haunting Beethoven string section. How can I now go back to the plain studio version? You can’t!!! 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Chin Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Is there anywhere I can watch the performance and speech in HQ? Quote
ajguerras Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Even when it is not my favorite song, I think it was flawless, and the speech was very heart felt, It broke my heart. Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM Is it gone off ytube already?Yup. Dick Clark took it down. Same as he did with the French Tribute. Working from beyond the grave. I always heard he was a cheap skate. Serious... 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
MalaysiaCeline Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:34 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:34 PM Been thru Celine music journey as a fans for more than a decade and i MUST emphasize that this is Celine most powerful and confident performance ever in her music career in which you can definitely feel the power of the song. I previously commented Celine didnt interpret well the song in the studio version as if she was struggling with the show must go on ,.....and force to perform show must go on.....but tonight, today, this date, Celine reinvent herself by proofing again that hey! MalaysiaCeline you are WRONG......Me (Celine Dion) is the Phoenix rebirth where i gonna show you how soaring and powerful after the rebirth ......and i dont care this is playback or what ......she been there and still can perform live but is a matter of whether she wants or not........in today music world .....whole lots singer / artist cant even sing but who care.........people just follow ..........so i dont care...whenever you go Celine Dion.......i will follow you ......THE SHOW MUST GO ON AND ON........... Quote http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/29945/2002084162406147433_rs.jpg "Taking Chances"...All Malaysian pls standby for the best album release in the year of 2007....
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:35 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:35 PM @ Garçon... It's ok to have your opinion but calling people ignorant and being disrespectful to Céline and members here is not OK!!Let's say that it doesn't make you come across as a nice person.I could have used a much harsher word but I won't follow your example. Ugh. Ignore him. He only drops by after award show performances to deliver his usual crap shot. 3 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:41 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:41 PM yes they did shorten the intro but still goodI will never know how Celine keeps up with so many versions. Knowing exactly when to sing and the change in lyrics. I would absolutely miss the timing and butcher the song. She's a true professional! 2 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
takeachance Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:44 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:44 PM "I dont wanna cry infront of you " oh my god help !!! :cry: 5 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:44 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:44 PM I concur with all the people who say it was one of her finest performances on television EVER! The heels, the dress, the moves, the song, the orchestra. She even fooled me into thinking it was live until close to the end. I'm still not sure, having watched it many times, if the entire thing is lipped or that she starts lipping after Lindsay plays. It is quite obvious from that point on that she isn't singing (to me, a fan who has watched her closely for 25 years now) but there's no way any one in the audience or a casual fan/non fan would have recognized it. She threw herself into the song and, as others have said, gave the performance of a lifetime. I think this is truly a new beginning for her career. The reaction has been positive across the board. You can feel how the industry is really loving her and throwing their entire support behind her. With Aldo in charge of her career, it seems as if this new chapter is going to be an amazing one and so much fun to watch!!Yea, even Rolling Stone magazine is adoring her, ever since the Paris Tribute. They gave her another outstanding review. 3 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:47 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:47 PM "I dont wanna cry infront of you " oh my god help !!! :cry:I know right. I loved the whole thing, how real and heart felt their relationship is in that impromtu moment. I lost it. 4 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
stevo Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:49 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:49 PM http://www.justjared.com/2016/05/22/celine-dions-billboard-music-awards-2016-performance-video-watch-now/ Quote
justinecoria Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:49 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:49 PM I care. She was presented nothing less than an 'ICON-award'. Then act like one by, at least, singing live. Even Madonna sang live for that matter.But this is getting cynical. Fans would rather have her showcase something fake than something real. Remember the days you fell in love with her? That probably wasn't because of lipsync shows like these. I cared more for the out of tune AMA-performance than this postiche.Hey garçon. I totally understand your feelings, and I would take a live version over any lip-synced one. To be honest, first thing I wrote here when I was watching the performance live was 'Playback '. But yesterday was more than just any lip-sync performance. The pre-recorded track was great (way way way better than the single version, which probably lowered our expectations haha). Celine was on fire, playing it the right way for once. And the song has so much meaning right now after what happened in her life. Just for this, I'm willing to call this performance one of the most memorable of her career. 2 Quote
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:50 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:50 PM (edited) A stranger on FB commented that Celine was terrible, outdated and kitsch to which I replied that there's nothing more outdated and kitsch than a 40 year old pulling faces on FB!^ This was in reference to his ridiculous profile pic. Thing is I never resort to such commentary! This performance transformed me into a keyboard warrior! haha, you go boy! Our vision for this performance came through to a T! Even more so with the addition of RC presenting the award Edited May 23, 2016 at 01:50 PM by Brandon 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:57 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 01:57 PM (edited) Celine Dion :Do you mind just staying next to me ? RC: Wha?Celine Dion :Do you mind just staying next to me ?RC : Sure ya ! :DLol, Favorite part of the speech. Edited May 23, 2016 at 01:58 PM by Brandon 3 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:01 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:01 PM If Aldo does not pay to have this on her Vevo it will be a massive mistake! Kev xYes Let's get to work. We must send him tweets! Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
mike_z Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:03 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:03 PM I really hope they upload this to her Vevo account. I don't know if someone was ever granted the rights from BB or ABC to do so... but it would be a pity to watch this performance get forgotten... just like her awesome songs from the Bublé Xmas.... 5 Quote
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:08 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:08 PM http://lenoirauteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yaaaas.gif YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSQUEEEEEN CELINEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbounce: :heartbounce: You know guys, I'm beyond proud. This not only was perfect in every way, the video intro, the dreess, the vegas version, Scott, the full orchestra, the way she owns the stage, the way she left them all speechless.RC giving the award, her speech, etc. This is beyond all of that, this was the most symbolic performance of her entire career. :cry:I really feel her as a PHOENIX rising through the ashes. We really were witnesses of history, and life.Few months ago I was crying with all of you here with the funeral of Rene.And now I'm here also crying with this EPIC performance. That's why I love Celine. she really let us be part of her life and feel the emotions with her.That's why my heart beat so fast and my hands were shaking, I really felt the energy from Celine, she was ON FIRE. :heart: All the things were just on point.Really guys, if tomorrow Celine said "That was my lasf performance ever, I retire from music" I would be totally in peace and so proud. On that level this performance was for me. Thank you Rene! Im sure you felt so proud of your girl!! She's still at the top of the world, just where you visioned she would be. :clap:Haha. Was that clip taken from the performance? Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:10 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:10 PM I really hope they upload this to her Vevo account. I don't know if someone was ever granted the rights from BB or ABC to do so... but it would be a pity to watch this performance get forgotten... just like her awesome songs from the Bublé Xmas.... yes we can't just sit back and let this happen. Celine deserves it!YAAAAAAAAS!!!!! ICON!!!!!! Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
MaxRayÎles Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:19 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:19 PM I really love the way she sings "But my smile still stays on" 4 Quote
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:22 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:22 PM (edited) Oh so anyone buying it expecting to get the BBA's will be like That not good.For you guys that are social media gurus. Can you tweet and message Aldo and Celine's team to get the Live Billboard version to iTunes and Vevo. They really should capitalize on this performance and free publicity. Edited May 23, 2016 at 02:24 PM by Brandon 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:29 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:29 PM Yes!! The curtain works so much here! And hire lindsey for the solo. That must stay in as well! Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met TapatalkHaha. Lindsey never expect to get a full time job out of this. Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
meanttofly Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:30 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:30 PM So proud to be a fan. THAT is a classy diva. 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:39 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 02:39 PM Why don't you just appreciate that the performance went well? Lipped or not it should be perfect. And well all know that she can sing that live. Now, we wait for thr french single and i hope it's not like the studio version of The Show Must Go On (bad prod). 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.