browseceline Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:08 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:08 AM could she still record this version ? I think she won't . Too bad, because this version is the best like ever and people will wanting to have this version instead of the other one.. 3 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
J-Man Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:10 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:10 AM (edited) Wow what a performance!!Nailed it like an icon, hugely proud of her. Great headline from Irish newspaper article this morning http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/celeb-life/celine-dion-made-a-jaw-dropping-and-emotional-appearance-at-the-billboard-awards-401113.html Didn't care too much for her dress, it did weird things with her figure which we know is stunning. But people are gonna remember Celine Dion performing at the 2016 Billbiard Awards for a long time to come. And RC giving her such a lovely surprise. What a joy. Thanks for the HD upload. The show is on The Bix music TV channel this WedensdayAnd on E4 late Saturday night/Sunday morning Edited May 23, 2016 at 08:26 AM by J-Man 2 Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
J-Man Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:13 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:13 AM (edited) OMG OMG OMG i just saw her performance....This version IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! loved it loved it loved it loved it!! Didn't like the dress, it should have been a short sexy dress. And a bit of spray tan would do no harm haha That HD download is there one with RC giving the award to Ceine? It only shows her performance The full award montage, performance, presentation and speech is available in one video here if you have yet to see it: http://www.justjared.com/2016/05/22/celine-dions-billboard-music-awards-2016-performance-video-watch-now/ Edited May 23, 2016 at 08:26 AM by J-Man 1 Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Remon Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:18 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:18 AM (edited) http://www.aftonblad...icle22868759.ab One of the biggest newspaper in Sweden, they didnt even mention Céline but talks about Madonna, Adele etc... Im going to write and complain about that!!! louisechf with love Here in The Netherlands most news websites do mention the emotional acceptance speech, but the premiere of Adele's video, Madonna's tribute and Britney's undies are featured in the headlines. Only the #1 tabloid show RTL Boulevard is having a photo of Celine and RC centered on their website. On all of them, not a single word on her truly outstanding and icon-worthy performance... Edited May 23, 2016 at 08:18 AM by Remon 1 Quote
browseceline Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:29 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:29 AM Here in The Netherlands most news websites do mention the emotional acceptance speech, but the premiere of Adele's video, Madonna's tribute and Britney's undies are featured in the headlines. Only the #1 tabloid show RTL Boulevard is having a photo of Celine and RC centered on their website. On all of them, not a single word on her truly outstanding and icon-worthy performance... Yes i saw that too... Well i am now listening to the not so good singing of Madonna. Awful. I do not understand why not mentioning Celine's fantastic performance? Why not finally giving her praise! ? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:43 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:43 AM Yes I was there and I recorded the performance and speech. I will upload when I return home and share. Granted I was on the upper level but the sound is great. Thank you! are the people went wild? or speechless? haha Our wish was granted, They play our favorite version. #Proud 2 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:50 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:50 AM If Aldo does not pay to have this on her Vevo it will be a massive mistake! Kev x 7 Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:54 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:54 AM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iSGx0Vfqs Love this short but great interview 6 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:59 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 08:59 AM Since I'm sure they won't upload the performance to her VEVO account, could somebody upload the video to the CelineDionForumPromo YouTube channel? 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
max24 Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:02 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:02 AM I loved the performance so much! I'm so proud of her 2 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:02 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:02 AM Since I'm sure they won't upload the performance to her VEVO account, could somebody upload the video to the CelineDionForumPromo YouTube channel? The video gets taken down right away.... I think many people have tried to do this Kev x 1 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:04 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:04 AM There are so many new pages here that I cannot read through all of them right now. But this performance has been extraordinary. It really blew everybody away. It was just the way it was supposed to look. And this makes me really wonder why they did not record it that way. It just doesn't make sense. The instrumentals, the voice, the ultimate effect was there. The acceptance speech was so touching, full of emotions and love. It was so meaningful the she began with thanking fans first and Rene last. It was beautiful. And Rene-Charles... aw I'm sure she didn't expect that. Perfect performance of our queen 5 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Lotty Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:06 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:06 AM Guys, tonight I couldn't make it till 4 am and I went to sleep at 3 am... Now I've just seen the video and read all your comments. The performance was ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING!!!!!!!!! All the rest was nothing compared to her! But when I saw RC going to the stage with the awards my face was :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: and then her speech, her tears... MY TEARS! :cry: :cry: I can't stop watching it. I love Celine, I love RC, I love René... THANK YOU for this wonderful performance and for this infinite emotion! Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:10 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:10 AM I've been scrolling through twitter and there is an amazing amount of love coming her way from he most unlikely places. Really unlikely. And its all overwhelmingly, 99% positive. Is this a parallel universe?! And the really cool think is, all these years so many people dismissed her as a fluffy Hallmark act, and now she's gone and proved she's the fiercest of them all and has given us one of the most real, genuine award show moments in years.Take that! Post the unlikeliest please! 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:17 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:17 AM It's a rare occurrence, and I think it may be strange to say, but I think her speech meant more to me than her (stellar) performance. She really bore her entire heart and soul. I think after that speech, after her touching words, I really now understand the strength of this person we know as Celine Dion. The same place from which her drive and talent come is the same place where her heart and her sheer strength and amazing motherly leadership come from. She is simply an amazing human, a strong woman, and I can only hope my heart is as bright as hers in my life. How amazing is her love of family. SOOOOOO incredible. Go Celine! You inspire us all. 5 Quote
Popular Post onix Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:19 AM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:19 AM (edited) http://lenoirauteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yaaaas.gif YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSQUEEEEEN CELINEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbounce: :heartbounce: You know guys, I'm beyond proud. This not only was perfect in every way, the video intro, the dreess, the vegas version, Scott, the full orchestra, the way she owns the stage, the way she left them all speechless.RC giving the award, her speech, etc. This is beyond all of that, this was the most symbolic performance of her entire career. :cry:I really feel her as a PHOENIX rising through the ashes. We really were witnesses of history, and life.Few months ago I was crying with all of you here with the funeral of Rene.And now I'm here also crying with this EPIC performance. That's why I love Celine. she really let us be part of her life and feel the emotions with her.That's why my heart beat so fast and my hands were shaking, I really felt the energy from Celine, she was ON FIRE. :heart: All the things were just on point.Really guys, if tomorrow Celine said "That was my lasf performance ever, I retire from music" I would be totally in peace and so proud. On that level this performance was for me. Thank you Rene! Im sure you felt so proud of your girl!! She's still at the top of the world, just where you visioned she would be. :clap: Edited May 23, 2016 at 09:20 AM by onix 13 Quote Celine Dion en Guadalajara, MexicoDiciembre 2008 http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8506/tourmexicoxd9lk5.jpg
SlovakClark Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:30 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:30 AM Since I'm sure they won't upload the performance to her VEVO account, could somebody upload the video to the CelineDionForumPromo YouTube channel? I really dont understand why they dont do it. i mean, every other artist is proud of their live performances and they usually end up in vevo accounts. Just compare Mariah with Michael Buble christmas performances, they made them official, but we cant even watch Michael and Celine! etc... 2 Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
Remon Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:31 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:31 AM Since I'm sure they won't upload the performance to her VEVO account, could somebody upload the video to the CelineDionForumPromo YouTube channel? It's on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/167681406 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:34 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:34 AM Who knows it may happen.... Quote
Ukrfan Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:34 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:34 AM What a magnificient perfomance! It couldn't be better, really. I just LOOOOOOVE it! Btw, is it that australian guy from Celine's TCWT? I think his name was Zak or smth like that. http://cs633319.vk.me/v633319946/35e1a/MILqrSFdYDI.jpg Quote
marc-02 Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:38 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:38 AM Although I liked the intro video they made for Celine, I think it lacked several key details that define in part her being legendary: - her having sold 220M+ r3cords making her one, if not the best selling female artist in history- they should have at least said shes also one of the most awarded musical artists with more than 1,000 awards under her belt including "x number of Billboard awards"... grammys and oscar winning songs- that she remains one of the best examples in the showbusiness of an artist to have a successful bilingual career... not to mention the legacy she's made in French music (inc records she's broken) Billboard didnt even have to mention all, just a few phrases for each of these achievements with accompanying graphics/figures (like what it did with the Britney video/ similar to the XFactor tribute)... 7 Quote
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:55 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 09:55 AM I know you are gonna hate me for saying this, but she actually mimed the whole performance. This was not live. Sorry to say.Not only was she overacting the whole performance, like she has always done while not singing live; if you'll pay close attention to the belts in the last segment you'll notice striking discrepancies between the vocal audio and the moving of her lips. And there are more moments like these throughout the performance. Obviously she didn't mime to the new studio audio; the track was new. Probably recorded during rehearsals or whatever. 2 Quote
Popular Post Your_Su_Phu Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM (edited) Literally who cares about that at this point in her career, in this current pop industry, and at this lipfest of a show?! Can't you be happy this is one of the greatest moments of her English career? She's rarely been so universally lauded by the press and general public. And no, for Celine, that wasn't overacted, that was relatively toned down. She can be a lot more goofy and awkward. This was dramatic (it's Celine!) but controlled. Edited May 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM by Your_Su_Phu 9 Quote
manu23 Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:10 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:10 AM If she mimed good for her, nobody else will notice apart from a few fans, Britney Spears actually danced to the CD version of her songs and everybody seems happy about it. It was an spectacular performance and she is getting all the recognition she deserves for it. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:11 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:11 AM Literally who cares about that at this point in her career, in this current pop industry, and at this lipfest of a show?! Can't you be happy this is one of the greatest moments of her English career? She's rarely been so universally lauded by the press and general public. And no, for Celine, that wasn't overacted, that was relatively toned down. She can be a lot more goofy and awkward. This was dramatic (it's Celine!) but controlled.She actually does most of these hand gestures when singing the song live at Vegas. I carefully watched some performances before to be sure! Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM Popular Post Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM (edited) The United States is FINALLY giving Celine the credit she deserves. What an amazing moment to be a fan. Seeing all of these positive comments online is really wonderful. The worls is impressed. If only she had an album coming out tomorrow! Edited May 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM by Alex_Incognito 23 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
drove all night Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:26 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:26 AM Sorry - but I can't read that word "lipsync" anymore. It really makes me sad and angry reading some of those comments here. Can only guess that those people are those lucky never to be emotinal, sick, heartbroken or whatever. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN, if Céline lipsync or not. This woman proofed more than million times, that she can sing. No one here @ the forum can slightly comprehend how it was for Céline performing @ the Billboard before receving an award of which Réne would have been so proud. SO PLEASE - STOP with this useless lipsync-debate. It ran out of time! - PEACE! Liisten again to what Céline once said about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62iz3SUkEJ4 7 Quote
garçon Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:26 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:26 AM Literally who cares about that at this point in her career, in this current pop industry, and at this lipfest of a show?! Can't you be happy this is one of the greatest moments of her English career? She's rarely been so universally lauded by the press and general public. And no, for Celine, that wasn't overacted, that was relatively toned down. She can be a lot more goofy and awkward. This was dramatic (it's Celine!) but controlled. I care. She was presented nothing less than an 'ICON-award'. Then act like one by, at least, singing live. Even Madonna sang live for that matter.But this is getting cynical. Fans would rather have her showcase something fake than something real. Remember the days you fell in love with her? That probably wasn't because of lipsync shows like these. I cared more for the out of tune AMA-performance than this postiche. 3 Quote
browseceline Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:27 AM Posted May 23, 2016 at 10:27 AM I have a feeling the show must go on will be on tour as well including the orchestra. At least I hope she takes the orchestra on tour with her. I would be over the moon hearing her songs with that full orchestra accompanying her! 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.