DionFanAlways Posted July 13, 2015 at 09:25 PM Posted July 13, 2015 at 09:25 PM It's an interesting point. In one of the interviews she gave at the Billboards this year (skip to 5:26 in the video below) she actually says "I will sing more of my songs. I don't know if it's a good thing for you, but for me it is." Arrrrgghhhhh who has been telling her that people who come to her shows DON'T want to hear HER songs!!???? Of course fans who buy tickets for her concerts want to hear songs from, you know, the albums that they have bought! There is always room for covers and tribute sections etc but the majority of the show should be Celine songs. I'm delighted they are addressing this situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacX5cxYeSEYes, exactly! Has she finally woken up and had enough!I was so happy to hear her say that about her songs! 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
stevo Posted July 13, 2015 at 11:53 PM Posted July 13, 2015 at 11:53 PM (edited) I just hope *some* at least are songs she hasn't sung in a while or indeed at Vegas at all and not just the reintroduction of the A New Day Vegas playbacks. I'll really lose faith if that happens... Although the Une Seule Fois concert had a surprisingly inventive setlist so I'm hoping we're in for a treat...hold onto your butts Edited July 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM by stevo 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 14, 2015 at 12:32 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 12:32 AM (edited) Not like I need to prove myself or explain myself to people who seem to think they know me (even though they really, truly don't), I am going to do something so some people on here will know there are things that I think Celine and/or her team did right, I love that she/they did, or items I have great respect for. So, here they are:Michel sending the demo of "Ce n'etait qu'une reve" to ReneRene agreeing to see Celine perform in his office and then deciding to move forward with representing her as her managerRene mortgaging his house to help fund Celine's career because he had faith in her talent.Celine taking a chance with covering "Calling You." It is a tough song to sing and has become a fan-favorite ever since.Celine learning and recording in English.Celine's participation in Eurovision with "Ne partez pas sans moi."Making a remix of "Unison" and incorporating Frankie Fudge as a rapper on it.The decision to record "Beauty And The Beast" with Peabo Bryson for DisneyWorking with David Foster.Not putting up with Phil Spector's crap just to cash in on some possibly great songs.Deciding to work with Diane Warren.Celine's dedication to Rene regarding "The Colour Of My Love" in the liner notes of the album with the same name.Celine's participation in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics with "The Power Of The Dream."Taking a chance with a potentially controversial video for "Pour que tu m'aimes encore."Having the guts to sing songs such as "Ziggy" and "L'amour existe encore" when she could have easily sang "safer" selections for the "Dion chante Plamondon" album.Choosing "Misled" as a single and promoting it to the dance clubs.Recording and performing both "Vole" and "Fly" even though it had to be excruciatingly painful to do so.Being so heavily involved in charities, Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and beyond.Rene insisting Celine re-listen to "My Heart Will Go On."Celine deciding to record "My Heart Will Go On" for "Titanic" after giving it a second chance.The cleverness behind the "Heart"-themed CD-singles for "My Heart Will Go On."The cleverness behind the movie theme songs EP "At The Movies."Embracing the "Titanic" craze and incorporating the bow of a ship onstage during the "Let's Talk About Love" and "S'il suffisait d'aimer" tours.Pushing hard to record with her idols The BeeGees, Carole King, Barbra Streisand and Luciano Pavarotti for the "Let's Talk About Love" album.Having the guts to record "Treat Her Like A Lady" when Jamaican rap is clearly not her forte.Having the guts to fill-in for Barbra Streisand at the Oscars.Taking a chance with the bluesy and somewhat jazzy French song, "Tous les blues sont ecrits pour toi" for the "S'il suffisait d'aimer" album.Recording a Christmas album and singing the heck out of "O Holy Night."Taking a risk by recording the dance-infused Christmas track "Christmas Eve."Going "all the way" (pun intended) with the pop music craze and recording the awesome song "That's The Way It Is."Agreeing to record "Then You Look At Me," and then looking amazing in the music video.Standing firm and taking a hiatus to take care of family and herself once 2000 hit.Releasing "The Collector's Series - Volume One."Trashing the originally intended "font only in the clouds" album cover for "A New Day Has Come" with the much more beautiful tropical one.Getting "Ten Days" selected and recorded at the last minute for "A New Day Has Come."Taking risks by recording songs such as "Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable)," "Super Love" and "When The Wrong One Loves Your Right" for "A New Day Has Come."Choosing to do and getting others onboard with "A New Day...," and getting The Colosseum built specifically FOR HER.Bringing Mia Michaels onto the team as choreographer for "A New Day..." The job she did with "I Drove All Night" was amazing.Giving everybody a "goodie package" on Opening Night of "A New Day..."Still performing "A New Day..." the night of her father's death.Having the guts to record the song "Love Is All We Need" for "One Heart" when clearly it could have gone to Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC instead.Scaling things back musically and recording the much more folksier and acoustic-sounding "1 filles & 4 types" album.Not caring what people would think when she did the "Miracle" project.Recording "La diva" - what a masterpiece - for the "D'elles" album.Recording "A cause" for "D'elles." What a great uptempo French song!Stepping outside her comfort zone for some of the songs on "Taking Chances." "Eyes On Me" could have gone to Shakira (Celine's own words) and "Fade Away" could have easily been a Kelly Clarkson hit.Holding on to "That's Just The Woman In Me" for 20 years until the right album came along to put it on - "Taking Chances."Recording "This Time" and touching on such a hard subject to talk about - domestic violence.Including "There Comes A Time" on the "My Love" compilations when it could have easily been kept in the vault.Creating the funky remix of "I'm Alive" and incorporating it into the "Taking Chances World Tour."Producing the documentary "Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World."Not making the second Vegas residency a duplicate "Taking Chances World Tour."Fighting for "The Reason" to be included in "Celine."Bringing back "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" and "Beauty And The Beast" into her setlist for "Celine."Recording and promoting the song "Somebody Loves Somebody" when the album "Loved Me Back To Life" released.Taking time off to be with her family during Rene's most recent fight with cancer.Bringing Aldo onboard as her new manager.The recent increase in social media presence.Staying committed to the "Power of Love" gala and performing "The Prayer" with Andrea Bocelli even though it was visibly tough for her to do.The "Be Part Of The Show" project using "I Drove All Night" for the comeback of "Celine."I could keep going, but I do have a life. So, before people start thinking I'm only happy when I'm miserable, or that I have no idea what it's like to just sit back, enjoy Celine and her music for what she and it are, or that I'm somehow "greedy," think again. Oh, and by the way, I am indeed part of TEAMCeline. Edited July 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM by SuperLove4Celine 4 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted July 14, 2015 at 12:51 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 12:51 AM I don't want to open up this can of worms again but yes! I agree, me too. It's funny cause in the clip Rene says ...'and Mego... who's been with us 25 years also.' Still makes me so sad 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 14, 2015 at 01:06 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 01:06 AM Not like I need to prove myself or explain myself to people who seem to think they know me (even though they really, truly don't), I am going to do something so some people on here will know there are things that I think Celine and/or her team did right, I love that she/they did, or items I have great respect for. So, here they are:Michel sending the demo of "Ce n'etait qu'une reve" to ReneRene agreeing to see Celine perform in his office and then deciding to move forward with representing her as her managerRene mortgaging his house to help fund Celine's career because he had faith in her talent.Celine taking a chance with covering "Calling You." It is a tough song to sing and has become a fan-favorite ever since.Celine learning and recording in English.Celine's participation in Eurovision with "Ne partez pas sans moi."Making a remix of "Unison" and incorporating Frankie Fudge as a rapper on it.The decision to record "Beauty And The Beast" with Peabo Bryson for DisneyWorking with David Foster.Not putting up with Phil Spector's crap just to cash in on some possibly great songs.Deciding to work with Diane Warren.Celine's dedication to Rene regarding "The Colour Of My Love" in the liner notes of the album with the same name.Celine's participation in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics with "The Power Of The Dream."Taking a chance with a potentially controversial video for "Pour que tu m'aimes encore."Having the guts to sing songs such as "Ziggy" and "L'amour existe encore" when she could have easily sang "safer" selections for the "Dion chante Plamondon" album.Choosing "Misled" as a single and promoting it to the dance clubs.Recording and performing both "Vole" and "Fly" even though it had to be excruciatingly painful to do so.Being so heavily involved in charities, Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and beyond.Rene insisting Celine re-listen to "My Heart Will Go On."Celine deciding to record "My Heart Will Go On" for "Titanic" after giving it a second chance.The cleverness behind the "Heart"-themed CD-singles for "My Heart Will Go On."The cleverness behind the movie theme songs EP "At The Movies."Embracing the "Titanic" craze and incorporating the bow of a ship onstage during the "Let's Talk About Love" and "S'il suffisait d'aimer" tours.Pushing hard to record with her idols The BeeGees, Carole King, Barbra Streisand and Luciano Pavarotti for the "Let's Talk About Love" album.Having the guts to record "Treat Her Like A Lady" when Jamaican rap is clearly not her forte.Having the guts to fill-in for Barbra Streisand at the Oscars.Taking a chance with the bluesy and somewhat jazzy French song, "Tous les blues sont ecrits pour toi" for the "S'il suffisait d'aimer" album.Recording a Christmas album and singing the heck out of "O Holy Night."Taking a risk by recording the dance-infused Christmas track "Christmas Eve."Going "all the way" (pun intended) with the pop music craze and recording the awesome song "That's The Way It Is."Agreeing to record "Then You Look At Me," and then looking amazing in the music video.Standing firm and taking a hiatus to take care of family and herself once 2000 hit.Releasing "The Collector's Series - Volume One."Trashing the originally intended "font only in the clouds" album cover for "A New Day Has Come" with the much more beautiful tropical one.Getting "Ten Days" selected and recorded at the last minute for "A New Day Has Come."Taking risks by recording songs such as "Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable)," "Super Love" and "When The Wrong One Loves Your Right" for "A New Day Has Come."Choosing to do and getting others onboard with "A New Day...," and getting The Colosseum built specifically FOR HER.Bringing Mia Michaels onto the team as choreographer for "A New Day..." The job she did with "I Drove All Night" was amazing.Giving everybody a "goodie package" on Opening Night of "A New Day..."Still performing "A New Day..." the night of her father's death.Having the guts to record the song "Love Is All We Need" for "One Heart" when clearly it could have gone to Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC instead.Scaling things back musically and recording the much more folksier and acoustic-sounding "1 filles & 4 types" album.Not caring what people would think when she did the "Miracle" project.Recording "La diva" - what a masterpiece - for the "D'elles" album.Recording "A cause" for "D'elles." What a great uptempo French song!Stepping outside her comfort zone for some of the songs on "Taking Chances." "Eyes On Me" could have gone to Shakira (Celine's own words) and "Fade Away" could have easily been a Kelly Clarkson hit.Holding on to "That's Just The Woman In Me" for 20 years until the right album came along to put it on - "Taking Chances."Recording "This Time" and touching on such a hard subject to talk about - domestic violence.Including "There Comes A Time" on the "My Love" compilations when it could have easily been kept in the vault.Creating the funky remix of "I'm Alive" and incorporating it into the "Taking Chances World Tour."Producing the documentary "Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World."Not making the second Vegas residency a duplicate "Taking Chances World Tour."Fighting for "The Reason" to be included in "Celine."Bringing back "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" and "Beauty And The Beast" into her setlist for "Celine."Recording and promoting the song "Somebody Loves Somebody" when the album "Loved Me Back To Life" released.Taking time off to be with her family during Rene's most recent fight with cancer.Bringing Aldo onboard as her new manager.The recent increase in social media presence.Staying committed to the "Power of Love" gala and performing "The Prayer" with Andrea Bocelli even though it was visibly tough for her to do.The "Be Part Of The Show" project using "I Drove All Night" for the comeback of "Celine."I could keep going, but I do have a life. So, before people start thinking I'm only happy when I'm miserable, or that I have no idea what it's like to just sit back, enjoy Celine and her music for what she and it are, or that I'm somehow "greedy," think again. Oh, and by the way, I am indeed part of TEAMCeline. Not greedy, yet listing all of those amazing things and still expecting so much more out of Celine and her team. The only part you play is that of a fan, just like the rest of us here. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 14, 2015 at 02:21 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 02:21 AM What do you mean "allegedly"? She got a hernia through the flying bit,which was the whole concept of TFTEISYF.And it makes me laugh when people moan about the vocals on LILV cd but then moan the dvd wasn't released! You'd just be moaning about the vocals on the dvd too.I know everyone is entitled to their opinion on here,but there are times this forum gets on my tits. Just letting you know, I want the DVD for its visuals more than the vocals. I got to see the original DVD one night at The Colosseum when Celine got sick and canceled on the night of a show I was to see. I loved seeing the visuals for "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," the sight of Celine walking down the dancers' backs during "Fever," the black and white images of the audience while "What A Wonderful World" was performed, and the English translation of "Et je t'aime encore" being revealed on the screen while Celine sang it. Furthermore, I enjoyed the placement of "I Drove All Night" at the end instead of it being towards the beginning of the show. Also, it would be nice to have a performance of "Have You Ever Been In Love" on a DVD, great vocals or not. So, I hate to break it to you, but your assumption about me was pretty inaccurate. Quote
incognito Posted July 14, 2015 at 02:41 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 02:41 AM Arrrrgghhhhh who has been telling her that people who come to her shows DON'T want to hear HER songs!!???? Of course fans who buy tickets for her concerts want to hear songs from, you know, the albums that they have bought! There is always room for covers and tribute sections etc but the majority of the show should be Celine songs. I'm delighted they are addressing this situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacX5cxYeSE *cough*Dave Platel*cough* (he's gone) 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 14, 2015 at 07:38 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 07:38 AM Oh I forgot about that. You're really right... I think she's brought that up whilst talking about crazy fans lol Yeah that's what I thought. Although I would LOVE for Celine to do something like Shania did in the audience. The nearest was in AND but that was only front row. Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 14, 2015 at 09:11 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 09:11 AM I agree that the setlist on 'Céline... Une Seule Fois' was great, specially for hardcore fans BUT they were all songs (except for Loved Me Back To Life) that she had already sung in the past (though it was more than great to see her sing songs like Terre or Je Crois Toi after so many years), not songs that she had recorded but never sang onstage. For this new show, I really hope she includes English songs that she once recorded but never got the chance to sing live. 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Timster Posted July 14, 2015 at 09:46 AM Posted July 14, 2015 at 09:46 AM (edited) I agree that the setlist on 'Céline... Une Seule Fois' was great, specially for hardcore fans BUT they were all songs (except for Loved Me Back To Life) that she had already sung in the past (though it was more than great to see her sing songs like Terre or Je Crois Toi after so many years), not songs that she had recorded but never sang onstage. For this new show, I really hope she includes English songs that she once recorded but never got the chance to sing live. I agree. It's a shame that Celine's shows only contain songs that she has previously done in her tours/residencies, or songs from her latest album at the time. The only time she added an old song that had never been done in a previous tour was when 'The Prayer' was added during the TCWT in 2008 (although she had already performed the song live before in one-off shows for TV). Edited July 14, 2015 at 09:46 AM by Timster 1 Quote
smw Posted July 14, 2015 at 04:55 PM Posted July 14, 2015 at 04:55 PM I don't see Celine and her team including rare songs in the Vegas setlist. I think they still want to appeal to the broadest audience possible to keep the tickets selling. I do, however, think they will include more of Celine's well-known songs like: To Love You MoreThink TwiceDeclaration of LoveThat's The Way It Is It would be amazing for Celine to do a tour of English songs outside of Vegas. That's where we would see some great additions from her catalogue. Or it would be amazing if she would do a one-night-only performance that's recorded, where she sings a bunch of rare English songs. Regardless, I'm very eager to see the changes in Vegas! I have a feeling it will be a more lively show than it previously was. I think that will be good for Celine right now. To get out there and do an upbeat show! I just saw Shania Twain's concert and it was UPBEAT and fun! Made me long for the days of the TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR. Honestly, I love Celine's ballads so much more than uptempo songs BUT considering what she's going through right now, an upbeat concert would be good for us all! 7 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 14, 2015 at 06:00 PM Posted July 14, 2015 at 06:00 PM (edited) I have a great feeling for this concert..... They are defiantly more in contact with the fans recently..... They seem to be listening and so far since Aldo has been the manager we have had little to complain about.... True she hasn't been about too much lately but the little things seem to be be better..... They are defiantly connecting with the fans via social networking now...... I'm sure the new management is looking at what we want and I think we really appreciate it .... I think that is true by Celine actually saying she will sing more of her own songs.... That's what all the fans have wanted.... So yeh.... I have a good feeling about the show Kev x Edited July 14, 2015 at 06:01 PM by Peppercorn1991 6 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 14, 2015 at 06:02 PM Posted July 14, 2015 at 06:02 PM Can't wait to see the new costume changes!! And what songs she will surprise us with....Exciting times... Kev x 6 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:08 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:08 AM I don't see Celine and her team including rare songs in the Vegas setlist. I think they still want to appeal to the broadest audience possible to keep the tickets selling. I do, however, think they will include more of Celine's well-known songs like: To Love You MoreThink TwiceDeclaration of LoveThat's The Way It Is It would be amazing for Celine to do a tour of English songs outside of Vegas. That's where we would see some great additions from her catalogue. Or it would be amazing if she would do a one-night-only performance that's recorded, where she sings a bunch of rare English songs. Regardless, I'm very eager to see the changes in Vegas! I have a feeling it will be a more lively show than it previously was. I think that will be good for Celine right now. To get out there and do an upbeat show! I just saw Shania Twain's concert and it was UPBEAT and fun! Made me long for the days of the TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR. Honestly, I love Celine's ballads so much more than uptempo songs BUT considering what she's going through right now, an upbeat concert would be good for us all! You could probably add "I Surrender" and "Water And A Flame" to that list as well. Those two are "safe" choices that are her songs. I will be immensely surprised if we see anything truly "new" to the stage of hers from her own catalog. 2 Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:13 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:13 AM You could probably add "I Surrender" and "Water And A Flame" to that list as well. Those two are "safe" choices that are her songs. I will be immensely surprised if we see anything truly "new" to the stage of hers from her own catalog. I also feel like "If You Asked Me To," "A New Day Has Come," and "I'm Your Angel" have a potential to return. 2 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
scielle Posted July 15, 2015 at 04:26 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 04:26 AM (edited) she will sing more of her own songs.... That's what all the fans have wanted.... Not me! I would MUCH rather hear her do something I haven't already heard on record. That's why I go to see my favourite artists in concert - to hear them do something new, unexpected. This is particularly true in the case of Celine because, frankly, I feel ~70% of her English material is a complete waste of an amazing talent. Love her voice, lover her approach, her personality, her French material.... but so much of the English stuff is just so BLAND and derivative. There are so many great songs out there - whether obscure or songbook classics - that she could do brilliant things with. She has such amazing range - and I mean stylistically, not just vocally. She's really one of the few people out there who can convincingly sing pretty much any genre. I would love to see that range on full display. I'd love to see more covers. And, I have to say, I've always been heartbroken about the fact that these Vegas shows include a mere ONE French song. That just makes me sad. So much of why I love Celie is for the French material - and I should mention that French is my third language so it's not like I grew up with it. I just wish that (stellar!) side of her career - which is so clearly in her blood, given how differently she interprets songs in French vs. English - is so sadly neglected. I know this is highly unlikely to happen, but I wish they could do, say, one designated "mostly French" show/ week. That way all the Quebecois/ French/ fans like myself could choose to attend on that particular evening. I don't see myself making a trip out to Vegas to see this English show - I might, if I happen to be headed that way for some other reason or have extra vacation time on my hands! - but I would certainly go the extra mile to see a French show. And I suspect there are enough Francophone fans out there to make it worthwhile. Edited July 15, 2015 at 04:27 AM by scielle 5 Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 15, 2015 at 07:14 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 07:14 AM Loved seeing the pic of Celine with a fan in Boston posted on fb and instagram. She had great timing. Just happened to see Celine! Yep they're still in Boston. Quote
Popular Post comingback Posted July 15, 2015 at 08:12 AM Popular Post Posted July 15, 2015 at 08:12 AM lucky fan 18 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM I wish she didn't wear wigs during her shows... Her natural look is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
celine4evauk Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM lucky fan Thanks for that! That's what I was talking about. I can't post pics from fb etc onto here on this phone. Really happy for her. 😀Celine looks tired though,around her eyes. 😯 Quote
ehild Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM Loved seeing the pic of Celine with a fan in Boston posted on fb and instagram. She had great timing. Just happened to see Celine! Yep they're still in Boston.Not sure if Rene still being in the hospital is worrisome ir what..... Unless it truly is rehab but I'm pretty sure you don't have to stay in the hospital for that. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Davey84 Posted July 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Not sure if Rene still being in the hospital is worrisome ir what..... Unless it truly is rehab but I'm pretty sure you don't have to stay in the hospital for that.He was going for a treatment! And surely that's not done in two weeks! Celine looks great and relaxed thank god! 4 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
flutefreak Posted July 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM Posted July 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM What a lucky fan! I don't think I'd have the guts to ask her for a pic if I saw her out and about! 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 15, 2015 at 12:44 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 12:44 PM lucky fanShe looks wonderful! I love what she's wearing, classy casual! ....and someone's doing some shopping! 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
scielle Posted July 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM (edited) I wish she didn't wear wigs during her shows... Her natural look is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better I know! She's so much more beautiful without the 'helmet hair'...you know, the Celine sur les Plaines look. Too much hairspray!And I miss her natural hair colour. That bottled blonde stuff doesn't suit her so well.I love when she wears it up in a bun or ponytail. Edited July 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM by scielle 1 Quote
smw Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:01 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:01 PM I also feel like "If You Asked Me To," "A New Day Has Come," and "I'm Your Angel" have a potential to return. I agree! So the realistic additions to the Vegas setlist might be: To Love You MoreThink TwiceDeclaration of LoveThat's the Way It IsIf You Asked Me To A New Day Has ComeI'm Your Angel It'd be smart to still have at least one song from LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE. She can still, technically, call it her new album so audience can go out and buy a copy after the concert. Perhaps INCREDIBLE will remain. I'd be curious about I Surrender and Water and a Flame. I think the songwriter/original performer for WAAF, Daniel Merriweather, kind of killed the excitement Celine had for that song, unfortunately. It's a shame because she really seemed excited about it. So I'm not sure she would want to include it in the setlist and allow that guy to get more money. Who knows, though. She seemed to really like Eg White so maybe that's enough. Regardless, we have a few performances of that song including a GREAT performance from the Edison Ballroom, at least. I'm usually happy to have at least ONE recorded live performance of a song. That's why I keep suggesting a one-night-only concert (they could even do it in Vegas!) where Celine is recorded singing some of her more rare material. Then it live on tape forever. And I'll be satisfied. I Surrender was such a staple of A New Day... that I'm not sure it would be included either. But it's certainly one of Celine's best English songs so we shall see! Granted, A New Day Has Come was certainly a staple of the original Vegas show as well BUT I think there's a real possibility that they would include the mid-tempo version of the song in the new show. Going on a tangent... I'll never forget the first time I saw A New Day... in Vegas. That opening was POWERFUL. With the giant mirror, everyone's laughing and having fun, then the lights go out, the glass shatters, and the dramatic beginning to A New Day Has Come begins to play. LOVED THAT OPENING! The DVD does not capture how powerful that was. 2 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:50 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:50 PM "I'm Alive" has a solid chance of coming back, too. According to the program for "Celine," it was rehearsed for the show. So... 4 Quote
smw Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:53 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 03:53 PM "I'm Alive" has a solid chance of coming back, too. According to the program for "Celine," it was rehearsed for the show. So... That would be GREAT! I think I'm Alive would be a great addition for a more lively, energetic show. 1 Quote
joaofilho Posted July 15, 2015 at 04:33 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 04:33 PM I think the songs, To Love You More, A New Day Has Come, I m Alive, Thats the way it is, declaration of love and The Power of the Dream has strengths to be included in the show, I think Incredible remain at least I wanted this song on the show, see what people liked. What were the duets did not want, not who does not like them, the more they in the show is boring, do not like the celine singing with Barnev, it sounds boring to me, if only I had a virtual duet put Im your angel. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 15, 2015 at 05:21 PM Posted July 15, 2015 at 05:21 PM (edited) If she doesn't include IYA it wouldn't hurt my feelings I was never crazy about that song. Just one more sappy duet for her..... All the other suggestions about the setlist are great. I think she still loves LMBTL and hopefully it'll be in the show. Edited July 15, 2015 at 05:22 PM by DionFanAlways 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.