Jump to content

Indefinite break is over. Return to Vegas announced.


Recommended Posts

Posted

🎼🎹🎤When I WAS young.....🎼🎵🎶😢

 

😀😁😂

*cues sultry Celine (:sofunny:) "I never needed anyone, for making love was just for fun. All by myself, don't wanna be..." Well of course you don't, you won't shut up about it, you hold a note for ten seconds what should we say??? Jkjk :P :giggle:

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

I've officially made up my mind...if anyone is tweeting about the show...I'm following along. I'm not going to survive until the 29th not knowing anything and I want to be a part of the fun even though I'm not going to be there. :wub: Oh well!! Here's to being spoiled on Opening Night before I see the show on the 29th. :sofunny:

 

I'll be flying the 28th, so not spoilers for me for the 29th I think.

  • Like 1
Posted

This is like one of her best chances to actually show she has fans that are about 20 years old. Ask anyone on the streets, they'll tell you she solely appeals to older people.

I used to be a fan that was about 20 years old. That's 11 years ago now :pinch: :glare:

Well it could be worse. I'm became a fan when I was 15. I'm 37 now! Lol

Speaking of ages... I paid attention to your born dates :-D ... we space from people in their 10s to 50s!!! it's fantastic how Céline can reach people of different generations, how she keeps her historic fans and how she wins new fans (that maybe in part of her career were not even born)!!! :clap:

 

I became a fan at 8 (1999-2000) !!!!!!!!! now I'm 23 ;) :giggle:

Posted

Omg! Too funny :roflmao:

Yes I know... we're a funny bunch. :P
  • Like 1
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
I don't wanna sound to bumptious or assertive but I think we all do realise how amazing it would be to see 'Refuse to Dance' in the show. Seriosuly. U record a song like THAT and then you just waste it. SERIOUSLY?
  • Like 6
Love comes to those who believe it...
Posted (edited)

I don't wanna sound to bumptious or assertive but I think we all do realise how amazing it would be to see 'Refuse to Dance' in the show. Seriosuly. U record a song like THAT and then you just waste it. SERIOUSLY?

 

In all fairness, "Refuse To Dance" was promoted pretty well during "The Colour Of My Love Tour." However, I do find it quite sad that the song was never included in "Celine." After all, the song even has the line, "I never even knew the song the ORCHESTRA was playing..."

Edited by SuperLove4Celine
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I dunno what consequences it will have for Celine, but as I understand it, Julie Snyder has to stop with her production company because she won't get any more money from the government.

 

Or am I wrong?

 

http://www.productionsj.com/905-nouvelle-julie-snyder-forcee-dabandonner-les-activites-de-production-televisuelle-de-productions-j.html

Edited by Davey84
  • Like 5


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

It means we can finally look forward to seeing Celines new show released on DVD by a professional company who can actually edit and get timings right! Good news!!!

 

Every cloud ay :)

 

Bub bye now!

Edited by Shamrock29
  • Like 7
Posted (edited)

Julie Snyder's husband (Pierre Karl Péladeau) is a big/rich business man who is now in politics and will run for the next Quebec elections... and because of that she's not allowed to get financial help from the Quebec government (help for independent producers)...

So she either has to get rid of the husband or part of her business. I say ditch the independentist hubby!! :devilwave:

Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

I became a fan when I was 13 (with ANDHC) and still am a huge fan, and today I'm 26, so........................

 

Same here ;-)

  • Like 1
Posted
I'm excited for all the changes- band leader, additions and changes to set lists, surely wardrobe...
  • Like 3
Posted

I'm excited for all the changes- band leader, additions and changes to set lists, surely wardrobe...

Musicians, Manager, etc. Im really excited too.

  • Like 1
Posted
So we know who's been fired...but beyond Scott Price, do we know who's been hired? Can we piece together what kind of new look & feel they're aiming for?
Posted

Julie Snyder's husband (Pierre Karl Péladeau) is a big/rich business man who is now in politics and will run for the next Quebec elections... and because of that she's not allowed to get financial help from the Quebec government (help for independent producers)...

So she either has to get rid of the husband or part of her business. I say ditch the independentist hubby!! :devilwave:

 

That's very sad. Julie had hands-down the best interviews with Celine. Celine was so comfortable with her; they could be silly and fun; they could talk about serious things; Julie wasn't afraid to ask interesting or difficult questions . . . I did wonder whether Aldo would continue to work with her, though, given how he's gotten rid of so many of the long-term collaborators in the team Celine and Rene built. (I'm trying to give Aldo a chance, but still hate what he did to their team. . .).

  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

FYI, here's an English article about Julie Snyder and her company: http://montreal.ctvn...ction-1.2446073

 

The video has a nice little montage of clips of Julie and Celine, starting at about :47. I didn't know Julie had been with Celine at the '99 Grammys -- but there she is! Celine is so cute -- trying to listen to her Grammy statuette! And there's Julie at Celine's first Florida home . around 1998, it looks like, from Celine's hairstyle. I don't remember that either, unless it was Un An Avec Celine?

 

And at about 1:00 you can see a framed photo on the wall of Celine, Rene, Oprah and Julie. It looks like maybe it was Celine's 2011 appearance -- maybe Julie was backstage, too, talking about 3 Boys and A New Show?

Edited by chocolatechip15
  • Like 3
Posted

That's very sad. Julie had hands-down the best interviews with Celine. Celine was so comfortable with her; they could be silly and fun; they could talk about serious things; Julie wasn't afraid to ask interesting or difficult questions . . . I did wonder whether Aldo would continue to work with her, though,

Yeah, I was wondering the same about working with her still. It is true though that Celine was so comfortable with her and now everyone Celine seemed to be at ease with is Kaput! :mellow:
  • Like 4
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

I just found someone made this celine-and-Julie list. That's all?

 

post-409-0-06764300-1435632792_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted (edited)

The video has a nice little montage of clips of Julie and Celine, starting at about :47. I didn't know Julie had been with Celine at the '99 Grammys -- but there she is! Celine is so cute -- trying to listen to her Grammy statuette! And there's Julie at Celine's first Florida home . around 1998, it looks like, from Celine's hairstyle. I don't remember that either, unless it was Un An Avec Celine?

 

 

Quoting myself b/c the clips from Celine and Julie in Florida and at the '99 Grammys are from Un An Avec Celine . .and, if you look at the credits -- 17:20 of the below video -- it acknowledges the financial participation of the government of Quebec and of Canada, for their tax credits program. It supported one of the best documentaries ever of Celine :(

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ynzk09YmNA&index=8&list=PL53815987C6C63DF7

Edited by chocolatechip15
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I just found someone made this celine-and-Julie list. That's all?

 

post-409-0-06764300-1435632792_thumb.jpg

 

There are many, many more . .

 

Off the top of my head:

 

-- the clip of Celine and Julie in '87, talking about Incognito (shown at the end of Un An Avec Celine)

-- The interview in '95 in France where Celine sang the phone book, Julie interviewed Rene, Patrick, & Eric Burrows, and secretly filmed Celine and Bryan Adams singing together

-- Un An Avec Celine -- full-length documentary where Julie followed Celine around the world during the LTAL tour -- stadiums in Europe, Grammys and AMAs, backstage, Celine's 30th birthday video

-- There was at least one Julie Snyder interview during her first hiatus, in 2000, when Celine and Rene participated by video and they showed another woman named Celine Dion in France who worked at a bakery

-- D'Elles launch 2008

-- Le Banquier ca. 2009

-- Le Banquier 2013

-- L'Ete Indien in summer 2014.

 

I'm sure there were others that i can't think of right now. She's played a big part in Celine's career.

Edited by chocolatechip15
  • Like 3
Posted
I'm not all that disappointed to be honest. I found Julie herself to be quite annoying, and her editing team didn't do Celine's live performances much justice. #ByeFelicia
  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

There are many, many more . .

 

Off the top of my head:

 

-- the clip of Celine and Julie in '87, talking about Incognito (shown at the end of Un An Avec Celine)

-- The interview in '95 in France where Celine sang the phone book, Julie interviewed Rene, Patrick, & Eric Burrows, and secretly filmed Celine and Bryan Adams singing together

-- Un An Avec Celine -- full-length documentary where Julie followed Celine around the world during the LTAL tour -- stadiums in Europe, Grammys and AMAs, backstage, Celine's 30th birthday video

-- There was at least one Julie Snyder interview during her first hiatus, in 2000, when Celine and Rene participated by video and they showed another woman named Celine Dion in France who worked at a bakery

-- D'Elles launch 2008

-- Le Banquier ca. 2009

-- Le Banquier 2013

-- L'Ete Indien in summer 2014.

 

I'm sure there were others that i can't think of right now. She's played a big part in Celine's career.

 

Yes. I remembered something in '87.

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted

Thank you, Julie Snyder! :thankspin:

 

Merci beaucoup!

 

post-409-0-86246000-1435643971_thumb.jpg

  • Like 4

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted

I'm not all that disappointed to be honest. I found Julie herself to be quite annoying, and her editing team didn't do Celine's live performances much justice. #ByeFelicia

For some strange reason which I can't even explain I found her annoying too. Not a problem she won't be around...
  • Like 2
Posted

There are many, many more . .

 

Off the top of my head:

 

-- the clip of Celine and Julie in '87, talking about Incognito (shown at the end of Un An Avec Celine)

-- The interview in '95 in France where Celine sang the phone book, Julie interviewed Rene, Patrick, & Eric Burrows, and secretly filmed Celine and Bryan Adams singing together

-- Un An Avec Celine -- full-length documentary where Julie followed Celine around the world during the LTAL tour -- stadiums in Europe, Grammys and AMAs, backstage, Celine's 30th birthday video

-- There was at least one Julie Snyder interview during her first hiatus, in 2000, when Celine and Rene participated by video and they showed another woman named Celine Dion in France who worked at a bakery

-- D'Elles launch 2008

-- Le Banquier ca. 2009

-- Le Banquier 2013

-- L'Ete Indien in summer 2014.

 

I'm sure there were others that i can't think of right now. She's played a big part in Celine's career.

 

There's also an interview at "Point J" in 1997 I think... but I saw just a fragment of that in some documentary. Do any of you have the whole video???

Posted

I just found someone made this celine-and-Julie list. That's all?

 

post-409-0-06764300-1435632792_thumb.jpg

 

Right now I can think of:

 

· First interview together in 1987

· I think (I might be mistaking) that she also interviewed her in 1992

· An interview in 1995 when she performed Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore in playback

· 'Special D'enfer' in January 1996. Filmed at the Cannes Festival, the special includes some clips of her concert there and a duet with Bryan Adams.

· 'Parlons D'amour', a TV special that included a long interview with Celine, clips from the recording studio and performances to celebrate the launch of 'Let's Talk About Love'.

· 'Un An Avec Céline' followed her during a year long, part of it is the second half of the FIY tour and the other part is the first half of the LTAL tour.

· 'La Derniere de Céline', also known as the 'Millennium Concert'.

· Céline and René made a special appearance via satellite on the first episode of a French show called 'Vendredi, C'est Julie!', hosted by Snyder, in mid 2000.

· '1 Fille & 4 Types à Las Vegas', a long interview with Céline at Caesar's Palace that also showed performances at the Colosseum to mark the launch of the French album '1 Fille & 4 Types' in late 2003.

· 'D'elles' spécial broadcast on TVA in May of 2007 to mark the release of the 'D'elles' album.

· A special appearance at 'Le Banquier' in mid 2007 in which Céline surprised Julie for her birthday.

· Julie produced the 'A New Day...' DVD in both the English and French version.

· She also produced the 'Céline Sur Les Plaines' DVD in 2008.

· Produced the 'Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World' and 'Céline: Autour Du Monde' DVDs to cover the 'Taking Chances World Tour'.

· In 2011, she was responsible, along with Oprah Winfrey, of the 'Celine: 3 Boys and a New Show' special.

· She hosted the 'Céline... Sans Attendre' TVA special in November of 2012. A behind the scenes version of the show was also done.

· 'Le Banquier' in September of 2013 marked the debut of the 'Loved Me Back To Life' single on TV.

· Julie followed Céline during the short European tour in late 2013.

· Their last collaboration was the first episode of 'L'été Indien' a year ago.

  • Like 3

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

I'm not all that disappointed to be honest. I found Julie herself to be quite annoying, and her editing team didn't do Celine's live performances much justice. #ByeFelicia

#ByeFelicia :sofunny: :lmao:

  • Like 2

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...