powerofamor17 Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:29 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:29 PM (edited) ... As if Mariah was a match for Celine...Right. Wasn't Mariah giving away tickets like candy?? She canceled the first week because of poor sales. The show is over 60% lipped anyway. Edited June 18, 2015 at 08:30 PM by powerofamor17 5 Quote
comingback Posted June 19, 2015 at 05:10 PM Posted June 19, 2015 at 05:10 PM http://www.newsmax.c...6/18/id/651177/ Celine Dion's Husband: Will Cancer Treatments Help? Superstar Céline Dion’s husband, René Angélil, is undergoing treatment in a Boston hospital for a recurrence of throat cancer, but a top cancer expert says that hope of a cure must be realistically balanced against sacrificing a patient’s quality of life, a top cancer expert says.“There may be treatment options available but recurrent throat cancer can be a terrible disease to have and quality of life issues come up in the later stage very prominently,” Vadim Gushchin, M.D., tells Newsmax Health.Dion told the Las Vegas Sun this week that her husband is "fighting very hard" for his life at a Boston hospital, three months after she revealed major surgery left him unable to talk and feeding from a tube.She made the comments after flying to Las Vegas from Boston to perform at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the Las Vegas Sun reported. She had put her career on hold because of her husband’s illness, but made the appearance at the brain health fundraiser to fulfill a promise. She then flew back to Boston immediately afterward.She also told the paper that she is planning to return Las Vegas and reopen her act at Caesar’s Palace on Aug. 27, but, she added, “When the curtain opens, I don’t know how strong I will be that night.”This is the 73-year-old Angélil’s second battle against throat cancer. He initially underwent surgery after a lump in his neck was found to be malignant in 1998 and again in 2013, after the cancer recurred. Three months ago, the singer revealed that her husband is no longer able to talk and is on a feeding tube.Throat cancer is a type of head and neck cancer. Head and neck cancer accounts for about 3 percent of all cancers in the United States. This year, an estimated 59,340 will develop it and 12,290 people will die from it, the American Cancer Society says.Head and neck cancer occurs more commonly in men, and risk factors include smoking, alcohol, and the human papillomavirus (HPV) virus.Dr. Gushchin,a surgical oncologist and director of Gastrointestinal Oncology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, noted that not knowing the details of Angélil’s case makes it difficult to speculate on which further treatments may be available to him.“The reason it’s difficult to treat recurrent throat cancer is that when the initial surgery and radiation was done it not only removed the tumor but changed the healthy tissue as well, so subsequent treatment options are limited,” he added.“There may be options with chemotherapy these days that can prolong life and improve its quality as well, but you need to chose the treatment carefully, because you have to keep in mind the patient’s quality of life.”He also noted that options must be carefully explained to patients and that it is the doctor’s role to help in this.“The patient needs to know the realistic expectations about what can be achieved and what the cost is, and it is they who have to make the decision on what it is worth to live one more day,” he said. 1 Quote
NicoNV Posted June 19, 2015 at 10:27 PM Author Posted June 19, 2015 at 10:27 PM (edited) "Dr. Gushchin,a surgical oncologist and director of Gastrointestinal Oncology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, noted that not knowing the details of Angélil’s case makes it difficult to speculate on which further treatments may be available to him." That quote sums up the value of that article. It's speculation from someone who doesn't know any details. If it's difficult to speculate, then people shouldn't. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited June 19, 2015 at 10:29 PM by NicoNV 5 Quote
québecflower Posted June 20, 2015 at 12:27 AM Posted June 20, 2015 at 12:27 AM "Dr. Gushchin,a surgical oncologist and director of Gastrointestinal Oncology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, noted that not knowing the details of Angélil’s case makes it difficult to speculate on which further treatments may be available to him." That quote sums up the value of that article. It's speculation from someone who doesn't know any details. If it's difficult to speculate, then people shouldn't. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk you are right , we know nothing, like Jon Snow 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
browseceline Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:42 AM Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:42 AM (edited) amidst all the tragic news there is some other news; SOURCE - facebook The Redheads: EN] For months there have been several rumours that Celine is working on new English AND French albums for next year. The first songs are chosen and Celine may have already started the recording sessions in Boston. [FR] Depuis plusieurs mois les rumeurs courent que Céline travaillerait à la réalisation de nouveaux albums en anglais ET en français pour l'année prochaine. Les premières chansons sont choisies et Céline aurait débuté les sessions d'enregistrement à Boston. Edited June 21, 2015 at 12:08 PM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bell Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM (edited) I don't know if we should believe the rumours about new music. Yes, it would be great. However, Rene's condition is apparently bad so she's most probably focused on him now. Edited June 21, 2015 at 11:54 AM by Bell 2 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
browseceline Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM Posted June 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM (edited) i think so too. Redheads posted this 15 hours ago, so I don't know where this came from.. Edited June 21, 2015 at 12:12 PM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
flutefreak Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM I'm not going to get excited about this unless we hear it from her that it's true. I just don't know if she would be recording new albums right now. Most likely it's something to be used in her Vegas show. If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my words. 4 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM I don't believe the rumor from the RH's at all. So, they're telling us that she is recording 2 albums in 2 or 3 months time while in Boston while her husband is receiving treatments for cancer and while she has a Vegas show to return to in 2 1/2 months now.......................... yeah right! 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM I know that there was talk of a new xmas album for the last 2 years, but with one thing and another... I doubt it's a new English album, but maybe they are working on a new French album, or she's recording 1 or 2 songs to add to a live album of the vegas show. I just find it hard to believe that she's recording in Boston with everything that's going on, unless things are not as bad as we thought, or then again maybe she may be doing it at Rene's request... The other thing is she maybe recording songs of her own or new arrangements of other songs of hers, for the vegas show that may be used as playback. Either way, I'm excited to learn more 2 Quote
browseceline Posted June 21, 2015 at 01:00 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 01:00 PM I agree that when there is so much going on with your husband the last thing you are thinking of is recording new songs.. I think it would be too emotional to sing with such circumstances. 3 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Davey84 Posted June 21, 2015 at 01:28 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 01:28 PM If she really was in the studio... My guess would be new vocals for the show.... 7 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
nuts2you Posted June 21, 2015 at 02:42 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 02:42 PM Or to take her mind off of things, 2 Quote
Timster Posted June 21, 2015 at 02:47 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 02:47 PM If she really was in the studio... My guess would be new vocals for the show.... I agree. With a revamped show coming up, it's likely there will be some new playbacks to be recorded. It's also a good opportunity to re-record the existing 2011 playbacks as half of them already appear on the Une seule fois DVD/CD, in order to avoid another TCWT DVD crisis 5 Quote
LukeD Posted June 21, 2015 at 03:04 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 03:04 PM Davey and Timster such haters. Queen Celine never lips. 7 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted June 21, 2015 at 04:04 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 04:04 PM Or to take her mind off of things, I think it might be actually the case... Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
ryba Posted June 21, 2015 at 04:10 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 04:10 PM (edited) I think it might be actually the case... me too. Probably they decided to go for it all the way: revamp the show and record New Albums not to think too much about the cancer thing Edited June 21, 2015 at 04:11 PM by ryba 1 Quote
Shaun Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:21 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:21 PM (edited) As we've seen her social media team have been pretty excellent in recent months so I've no doubt at all that if Celine were recording new songs for a new album(s) in the studio then they would be posting on Facebook and tweeting about it to build excitement. The fact that the official team haven't done this makes me think that: a: there aren't any albums planned at the moment - and understandably sob: she is in fact recording tracks for her return to Vegas orc: it's just a rumour and hasn't been in the studio at all Edited June 21, 2015 at 05:21 PM by Shaun Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
anewdayhascome Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:23 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:23 PM Also she might be just rehearsing for the show (especially if they are going to include some really "new" songs) and not even recording them. 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Shaun Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:26 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 05:26 PM Also she might be just rehearsing for the show (especially if they are going to include some really "new" songs) and not even recording them. Yes so there might be an option d then lol. 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Nmj Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:02 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:02 PM And my name is Elvis. There's no way she's recording a new album right now, she barley wanted to travel to Vegas to sing at the benefit understandily because she doesn't want to leave Renès side. The only way I believe this rumor and even then it's a long shot is if they have a recording studio in the hospital. Bottom line is tho, we can wait for a new albums, we could've waited for her return to Vegas as well. These moments in her life right now are precious and growing less, she's enjoying life as a wife and mom and I think it's great. As much as I hate to say this lol, MUSIC CAN WAIT. As great as the music is, at the end of the day it's a superficial thing, what's important is health, family and love. 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:16 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:16 PM (edited) I'm in two minds..... This could be the perfect time for her to express her emotions.....through music as she always has done..... I can't imagine what type of album she would record right now... Tbh celine has made it clear recently that her career will go on without rene..... so I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking to record ..... Celine said herself rene is still having an imput on her career..... Maybe this is what he wants Kev x Edited June 21, 2015 at 06:17 PM by Peppercorn1991 1 Quote
celinesounds Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:20 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:20 PM (edited) why 2 albums at the same time if it is true we hope will be good ones like the last two or maybe will be the vocals for the show i'd borrow if she comes only with unreleased tracks, not the ones that we do already have, I want the ones never released on an album/single or leaked online. I believe they might have more than 100 songs that we will die to hear one day like the 4/5 songs from Unisonthe English version of Fais Ce Que Tu Voudrasthe R Kelly songs from Taking Chancesthe latin song from 1 Fille + 4 Typesenglish version of l'amour existe encorethe spanish version of Have you ever been in loveThe Phill Spector songs from Falling into You and I believe they have more treasures that we don't know Edited June 21, 2015 at 06:22 PM by celinesounds 3 Quote #FREEJAVITO
LukeD Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:43 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 06:43 PM (edited) Both sides make sense to me... I understand those who say she needs to be with Rene and distance herself from working. But I would also understand her need to work in order to temporarily distract herself from what's going on, thus being stronger and more relaxed next to Rene. What is more, maybe Rene asked her not only to return on stage but also record new music... That wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems like something he'd do. Edited June 21, 2015 at 06:45 PM by LukeD 5 Quote
rhapsodion Posted June 21, 2015 at 07:09 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 07:09 PM (edited) If it is Rene that asks her to record for a new album, then it will all make sense. Part of the reasons Rene hired Aldo, i think it's Rene really wants celine's career could go on without him. Edited June 21, 2015 at 07:09 PM by rhapsodion 1 Quote
Nmj Posted June 21, 2015 at 08:15 PM Posted June 21, 2015 at 08:15 PM If it is Rene that asks her to record for a new album, then it will all make sense. Part of the reasons Rene hired Aldo, i think it's Rene really wants celine's career could go on without him. And Celine's career will go on they have made that very obvious without saying so much, God forbid after Renè passes. But the man is still alive he may be on borrowed time, but for that matter we ALL are borrowed time, life is precious and beautiful and most of all temporary. Since year 2000, Celine has chosen every project she commits herself to very carefully, since RC was born. She did that to make more room for being a wife and mother and daughter. So I'm sorry now that she has 3 kids, and her husband is seriously ill, I have a hard time believing she's recording new albums, I also will eat my words if I'm wrong. Now like people have said maybe some vocals for the new show. Rene asked Celine to return to Vegas so that would make sense, and we all know that Celine doesn't do anything half #ss, she goes all the way after she commits herself, especially to make her manager proud. It's a emotional picture for me because when I imagine her return to Vegas, and the curtain opens the only imagine that comes to my mind is a teenager with a teeth problem, long dark curly hair singing to make her "manager" proud. It feels like August 27 she will come full circle. 6 Quote
heartssong Posted June 22, 2015 at 12:18 AM Posted June 22, 2015 at 12:18 AM The fact that Rene is still so concerned about Celine and his advance planning to ensure her career brings tears to my eyes. They have had a wonderful life together as far as we all know and I pray he isn't dying. I do think that it's probably not the best idea for Celine to return to Vegas but maybe this is how she intends to cope. She indicated in the article I read in the Los Vegas Sun that she thinks Rene may die. She said something like "when he goes." I am wondering if any fans live in Boston or if anyone has heard anything else on Rene? I don't have all the social media channels on my twitter; I will have to find them so I can keep up easier. I will never adjust to Aldo taking over I don't think. I don't think he has the experience and know-how like Rene. But that's just my opinion. Maybe he will surprise me. Quote Celine: vocal perfection at its best.
NicoNV Posted June 22, 2015 at 01:06 AM Author Posted June 22, 2015 at 01:06 AM (edited) The fact that Rene is still so concerned about Celine and his advance planning to ensure her career brings tears to my eyes. They have had a wonderful life together as far as we all know and I pray he isn't dying. I do think that it's probably not the best idea for Celine to return to Vegas but maybe this is how she intends to cope. She indicated in the article I read in the Los Vegas Sun that she thinks Rene may die. She said something like "when he goes." I am wondering if any fans live in Boston or if anyone has heard anything else on Rene? I don't have all the social media channels on my twitter; I will have to find them so I can keep up easier. I will never adjust to Aldo taking over I don't think. I don't think he has the experience and know-how like Rene. But that's just my opinion. Maybe he will surprise me. "When he goes" applies to anyone in any condition, because we all go at some point. She did not say he was on his death bed. She did not say she thought he was going to die. She said he is fighting, and working on his health. She has been hopeful. I agree with others who have posted that if they are being hopeful, we should too, and we shouldn't speculate on these things. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited June 22, 2015 at 01:07 AM by NicoNV 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted June 22, 2015 at 01:59 AM Posted June 22, 2015 at 01:59 AM Everyone deals with death differently. Not every culture is like the American culture (eg pretending it's not happening). We all cope differently. They aren't talking about a full recovery. That is not good. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
DionFanAlways Posted June 22, 2015 at 02:30 AM Posted June 22, 2015 at 02:30 AM I will never adjust to Aldo taking over I don't think. Maybe he will surprise me.You and me both! Maybe. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.