Jump to content

Indefinite break is over. Return to Vegas announced.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Everyone deals with death differently. Not every culture is like the American culture (eg pretending it's not happening). We all cope differently. They aren't talking about a full recovery. That is not good.

 

 

You're right. People cope differently. But, there is no reason to be snide about Americans. All some of us are doing is quoting her own words, and referencing her own positive attitude as opposed to guessing negative things.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NicoNV
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)
I do not have any knowledge on cancer but what I remember from personal experience is that doctors had given my grandfather a maximum of 5 years to live when he was diagnosed with it. He managed to live 6 years. Based on that, a guess is that doctors reckon Rene will live for a certain amount of time. This would explain the ''...before he goes'' statement. Maybe it is not coming now or next year, but it is possible that they know there is a limit. Edited by LukeD
  • Like 2
Posted

I do not have any knowledge on cancer but what I remember from personal experience is that doctors had given my grandfather a maximum of 5 years to live when he was diagnosed with it. He managed to live 6 years. Based on that, a guess is that doctors reckon Rene will live for a certain amount of time. This would explain the ''...before he goes'' statement. Maybe it is not coming now or next year, but it is possible that they know there is a limit.

 

I firmly believe that nobody knows how long we have on this earth expect for God. The doctors can guess but that means nothing to me. As we know Renè has cancer, but who knows what he die from in the end and who knows when. The cancer might not be the thing that takes him, a flash of lightening might strike and that could be how he goes, nobody knows. What we do know tho is life on earth is temporary. Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. Will he make it until August 27, nobody knows but that would've been the case had he be a young healthy 21 year old man. Life is precious, go live.

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I firmly believe that nobody knows how long we have on this earth expect for God. The doctors can guess but that means nothing to me. As we know Renè has cancer, but who knows what he die from in the end and who knows when. The cancer might not be the thing that takes him, a flash of lightening might strike and that could be how he goes, nobody knows. What we do know tho is life on earth is temporary. Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. Will he make it until August 27, nobody knows but that would've been the case had he be a young healthy 21 year old man. Life is precious, go live.

While I agree with the content of your post I fail to follow your process of thought... To be specific, I find your reply to be a bit out of place because I did not imply that the future is foreseen. I just posted a possible hypothesis that explains their actions and especially Celine's statement. To think that Celine said ''...before he goes'' because he MIGHT go SOMEDAY is absurd cause no person speaks that way unless there is something worrying going on. And I don't mean to act as anyone's advocate but doctors do not just guess. They reckon based on their knowledge and experience. Edited by LukeD
  • Like 2
Posted

While I agree with the content of your post I fail to follow your process of thought... To be specific, I find your reply to be a bit out of place because I did not imply that the future is foreseen. I just posted a possible hypothesis that explains their actions and especially Celine's statement. To think that Celine said ''...before he goes'' because he MIGHT go SOMEDAY is absurd cause no person speaks that way unless there is something worrying going on. And I don't mean to act as anyone's advocate but doctors do not just guess. They reckon based on their knowledge and experience.

 

I also agree with some of what you said, but Cèline saying "before he goes" doesn't mean he's on deaths door. I'm also not saying he isn't on deaths door. All I'm saying is he's alive now, and doctors can do is GUESS by taking in account all the have learned, but you can find the smartest doctor in the world and he's no match for the human body. Renè will go when it's his time could be tomorrow, could be 30 years from now nobody knows but what we DO know is that like I said before we are ALL on borrowed time and for Cèline to say before he goes could just mean that Renè is starting to put things in perspective as anyone tends to do especially when they are older in age and ill.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I also agree with some of what you said, but Cèline saying "before he goes" doesn't mean he's on deaths door. I'm also not saying he isn't on deaths door. All I'm saying is he's alive now, and doctors can do is GUESS by taking in account all the have learned, but you can find the smartest doctor in the world and he's no match for the human body. Renè will go when it's his time could be tomorrow, could be 30 years from now nobody knows but what we DO know is that like I said before we are ALL on borrowed time and for Cèline to say before he goes could just mean that Renè is starting to put things in perspective as anyone tends to do especially when they are older in age and ill.

The last phrase seems like another rational explanation... All of our explanations/speculations have the same base though... Rene's illness. In that sense, specualting that she said so because the end is near or because she was given a life maximun for Rene is rational as well. Edited by LukeD
Posted

Okay so about the whole recording studios thing....

 

A random girl who records herself playing the french horn (I have no idea why) said that Celine was recording at the same studio that she records at & she was complaining that she wasn't there when that happened.

 

Why would she be recording an album when they are in Boston for Rene's cancer treatments? Besides, I'm pretty sure her priority would be focusing on that & she would most likely want to record her album at Palms studios in LV like she has done in the past.

 

MY GUESS IS (This is totally my own conspiracy/assumption, it is probably wrong LOL)

 

Because Rene is so emotionally invested in her career...maybe she is recording an album just for him? Maybe with like new songs or some old ones, just so he has something to listen to when he is sick? I know that this is super far fetched, but it could totally be possible. If it's just for him, they're not going to make a big hype about it because they aren't going to promote it, OBVIOUSLY.

 

I'm not saying that he IS dying, but I'm saying that these treatments in Boston are probably not the last treatments he will receive for the cancer, so maybe she wants him to have something that is ONLY his and no one else's, since he is the one who practically started her career? That could explain why she is recording in Boston & not letting anyone know about it.

  • Like 4

Et je t'aime encore, comme dans les chansons banales...

post-31127-0-19533500-1400737951_thumb.jpg

Posted

 

 

 

"When he goes" applies to anyone in any condition, because we all go at some point. She did not say he was on his death bed. She did not say she thought he was going to die. She said he is fighting, and working on his health. She has been hopeful. I agree with others who have posted that if they are being hopeful, we should too, and we shouldn't speculate on these things.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

She said: "Before he goes, he wants to make sure that..."

I'm sorry, but these words leave no room for a hope of full recovery.

  • Like 5
Posted

I do not have any knowledge on cancer but what I remember from personal experience is that doctors had given my grandfather a maximum of 5 years to live when he was diagnosed with it. He managed to live 6 years. Based on that, a guess is that doctors reckon Rene will live for a certain amount of time. This would explain the ''...before he goes'' statement. Maybe it is not coming now or next year, but it is possible that they know there is a limit.

 

 

Seems most logical. Knowing Celine and Rene they would of done their homework and met with the best doctors. Also knowing how she approached her fertility treatments, going back time and again until finally she was pregnant I do not see them giving up easily on this fight until all avenues are exhausted and there are simply no other options. We know money for treatment would not be an issue. So I'm assuming as long as there are options 'on the table' that specialists in their field are giving Rene they are going for it. The result, as you all say, is yet to be seen.

 

I wish them the best and I wish he beats the terrible disease.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I don't know if I should post this here or in the Vegas forum but I have an idea. I'm already planning on recording the show on the 29th. However, I'm also thinking of periscope-ing it here to the forum so you all can "join" us in Vegas in real time for one of Celine's return shows. Thoughts?

 

EDIT: Looking like I can do one or the other. Which one would you prefer?

Edited by remykyes
  • Like 3

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted

I don't know if I should post this here or in the Vegas forum but I have an idea. I'm already planning on recording the show on the 29th. However, I'm also thinking of periscope-ing it here to the forum so you all can "join" us in Vegas in real time for one of Celine's return shows. Thoughts?

That's an fantastic idea!!!! But you can record and periscope at the same time?

Or are you able to download it save the stream?

Posted (edited)

That's an fantastic idea!!!! But you can record and periscope at the same time?

Or are you able to download it save the stream?

 

Hmmmm. I can only do one or the other. Which one would you guys prefer?

Edited by remykyes

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted (edited)

OMG that's a difficult decision to make.......

 

Well I guess it depends on whether your recording video as well or just audio. Personally, I'll go with the recording.

 

I want to thank you though for your efforts, and risking the recordings.

Edited by powerofamor17
  • Like 1
Posted
well maybe get another phone or some one to do the video steaming so can have both!! :P

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

OMG that's a difficult decision to make.......

 

Well I guess it depends on whether your recording video as well or just audio. Personally, I'll go with the recording.

 

I want to thank you though for your efforts, and risking the recordings.

 

Guess that makes my decision a lot easier. Audio bootleg it its. And I'm heading home the next night so I'll get it on my computer and get it put into tracks and everything and get it up on the forum for you all :)

Edited by remykyes
  • Like 1

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
maybe there will be another person attending willing and able to record the bootleg... :hmm:
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

 

 

Guess that makes my decision a lot easier. Audio bootleg it its. And I'm heading home the next night so I'll get it on my computer and get it put into tracks and everything and get it up on the forum for you all :)

Thanks so much. Personally I see the audio being alot easier and safer for you and everyone else who wants to hear it.

Most of the periscopes I've watched were blurry and the sound is muffled, kinda like Robin Leach's.

 

I can't wait for August!!!! Well I also can wait cause I start college in August too.. Lol

  • Like 1
Posted

maybe there will be another person attending willing and able to record the bootleg... :hmm:

Well alot of members are going

 

Nuts2you,DionFanAlways,ehild,Frenchie,etc.

 

 

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much. Personally I see the audio being alot easier and safer for you and everyone else who wants to hear it.

Most of the periscopes I've watched were blurry and the sound is muffled, kinda like Robin Leach's.

 

I can't wait for August!!!! Well I also can wait cause I start college in August too.. Lol

 

I want to try and get as clear a bootleg as possible not only for my personal collection to remember the show I went to but for you all as well. I watched Robin's periscope and I don't want to take a chance...that and I have a 3.5 hour playlist of LIVE songs of Celine's for the plane ride to Vegas so I want to add any new songs she performs that I don't have in that playlist to it. :giggle:

Edited by remykyes

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
I would like to see her too if possible, but would also be happy with just a sound recording. Thanks in advance. I am sure many people will appreciate this!!
  • Like 2
Posted

I want to try and get as clear a bootleg as possible not only for my personal collection to remember the show I went to but for you all as well. I watched Robin's periscope and I don't want to take a chance...that and I have a 3.5 hour playlist of LIVE songs of Celine's for the plane ride to Vegas so I want to add any new songs she performs that I don't have in that playlist to it. :giggle:

 

I'm pretty sure you'll be stopped by The Colosseum staff if you're spotted filming.

 

A discreet audio recording device on the other hand..... ;)

  • Like 3

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

 

 

I want to try and get as clear a bootleg as possible not only for my personal collection to remember the show I went to but for you all as well. I watched Robin's periscope and I don't want to take a chance...that and I have a 3.5 hour playlist of LIVE songs of Celine's for the plane ride to Vegas so I want to add any new songs she performs that I don't have in that playlist to it. :giggle:

Lol, great way to kill time my friend.

  • Like 1
Posted

Lol, I have a small video cam (like the size of a go pro) I am going to try to get both nights. I'm trying to think of a set up to hide it under my jacket. ....

I have had my posters taken away so they will take them! You get them back at the end of the show though. :giggle:

  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
I'll be trying to get an audio recording of the 27th too. :)
  • Like 6

http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpg

Mais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?

Posted

I'm pretty sure you'll be stopped by The Colosseum staff if you're spotted filming.

 

A discreet audio recording device on the other hand..... ;)

When I went to see Shania a lady in front of me was trying to take a picture during the show and you'd have thought she was trying to jump the stage as they were literally on her within seconds telling her to put the phone away.
  • Like 2
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted (edited)

When I went to see Shania a lady in front of me was trying to take a picture during the show and you'd have thought she was trying to jump the stage as they were literally on her within seconds telling her to put the phone away.

 

Same thing happened to me when I saw Celine two years ago. Two ladies were taking pictures in front of me and the staff came down and told them to delete the pictures and stop.

Edited by CelineDionForeverNY
  • Like 3

http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpg

Mais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?

Posted

What I don't understand is why they are strict about Cèline and Shanias shows but after I saw a video of "Always be My Baby" of Mariah Carey's show, Mariah was standing in the front row singing and people had their phones out taking pictures and recording videos, one guy even came up to her and made her take a Selfie with him lol. Needless she wasn't happy and had her body guard walk her away from the fan, shows the difference between Cèline and Mariah.

 

Posted
Uhhh.... I don't think they were very strict at Shania's shows.... when I was there, EVERYONE was taking pics and making vids. You can also see this on the DVD. They're only strict with Céline (probably a deliberate choice by her management and AEG/Caesars.).
  • Like 2

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)

When I saw Cher they made us check our cameras at the box office before the show. They tagged them and then gave us a claim ticket. Then we had to wait after the concert in line for what seemed like forever to get them back. Everyone was disgruntled! Granted I think this was 2008 and not everyone had a camera phone yet. But so crrazy! First time I saw Celine I didn't even take mine

then was pleasantly surprised when they let people take their cameras in!

Edited by flutefreak
Posted

What I don't understand is why they are strict about Cèline and Shanias shows but after I saw a video of "Always be My Baby" of Mariah Carey's show, Mariah was standing in the front row singing and people had their phones out taking pictures and recording videos, one guy even came up to her and made her take a Selfie with him lol. Needless she wasn't happy and had her body guard walk her away from the fan, shows the difference between Cèline and Mariah.

 

http://youtu.be/BuwUZ6TrCMM

Celine is more ''VIP'' than Mariah.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...