DionFanAlways Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:02 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:02 PM Maybe it's on it's way.................... This lyric video, which I like very much, took them a while so I'll just wait and be surprised like we were with the lyric one! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mairtin Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:10 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:10 PM Cher is no 24 on UK midweek chart. If she can do it so can Céline!! Video, X factor and a bit of publicity is all it takes and the song will do the rest. 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:44 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:44 PM Video is great... But all to late!!! Quote
Popular Post dj4celine Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Popular Post Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Loved Me Back To Life promoted to the A-List of BBC Radio 2 playlist 12 Quote
shak ali Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM Loved Me Back To Life promoted to the A-List of BBC Radio 2 playlist Great news thanks for sharing Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Perez got an advance copy of the album 2 Quote
zuv Posted October 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM Did it ever happen with a Celine single that it started really slow, almost died and suddenly came back to life and became a big hit? I have a feeling that this is whats going to happen with this single. Is it too late? 1 Quote
chrisannabanana Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM (edited) I know that Buttons by Pussycat Dolls didn't start to hit off until at least 2-3 months later. How is it possible for Avril Lavigne to release her music video yesterday, and it already has over 2million views? WTF! Edited October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM by chrisannabanana Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Did it ever happen with a Celine single that it started really slow, almost died and suddenly came back to life and became a big hit? I have a feeling that this is whats going to happen with this single. Is it too late?PAMP 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
c4n4d4 Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Did it ever happen with a Celine single that it started really slow, almost died and suddenly came back to life and became a big hit? I have a feeling that this is whats going to happen with this single. Is it too late?PAMP is the perfect example of this happening with a Celine single. And if I recall TC worked somewhat like this too Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
zuv Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM PAMP really? i thought it started strong. Oh well... Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM That's brilliant news! Kev x Quote
québecflower Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM She gained a lot of new fans with PAMP here in Quebec and in France. I don't know if LMBTL can do that. we will see, if it gains a bit of momentum in UK, a bit like Think twice. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
chrisannabanana Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM Sony & Celine's team announced they weren't making a video for this because they just can't commit Celine to any more work right now. Perhaps that's no one responded....because we all know no matter what we do, they've already decided it's just not going to happen. When did they announce this?!!? Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM (edited) I'm glad for all you fans in the UK! I would like to ask a question, without any sarcastic replies if possible!What makes LMBTL radio friendly in the UK and not in the States? Because I don't understand it! Edited October 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM by DionFanAlways 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Your_Su_Phu Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM (edited) When did they announce this?!!? They never did, as far as I know. A journalist asked about the video and the actual response was that there was no video planned at that specific time. Then people ran with it. And now people are making things up.. Edited October 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM by Your_Su_Phu 1 Quote
mebe Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:53 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:53 AM Am I the only one thinking that LBMTL can still become a hit somewhere in the world??? 3 Quote
Nmj Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:10 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:10 AM I'm glad for all you fans in the UK! I would like to ask a question, without any sarcastic replies if possible!What makes LMBTL radio friendly in the UK and not in the States? Because I don't understand it! It's simply that Celine is way more respected in Europe and Asia and the Middle East right now for some reason as a opposed to North and South America with the exception of Canada of course. I'm not sure why actually, maybe because she's more in a demand in those countries because on average they are less likely to see her LIVE because of her mostly performing in Vegas. I'm not going to try and understand the people who rather listen to other crap of which the radio plays today. 1 Quote
luciusbright Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:27 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:27 AM She gained a lot of new fans with PAMP here in Quebec and in France. I don't know if LMBTL can do that. we will see, if it gains a bit of momentum in UK, a bit like Think twice. OH, I didn't know PAMP gained new fans for her, nice to know that, thanks for sharing. since knowing that, we can say Celine really don't need to scream in her song anymore, so many artists are not hitting high notes these days and still getting popular, Celine can do that and show others what a beautiful middle range voice she's got. 1 Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
québecflower Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:34 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 04:34 AM (edited) OH, I didn't know PAMP gained new fans for her, nice to know that, thanks for sharing. since knowing that, we can say Celine really don't need to scream in her song anymore, so many artists are not hitting high notes these days and still getting popular, Celine can do that and show others what a beautiful middle range voice she's got. i hope there is songs like that on her engligh album. mid-range and soft...but some intensity and personnal, something like Immortality but this a lot to ask Edited October 17, 2013 at 04:35 AM by québecflower 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
marc-02 Posted October 17, 2013 at 06:00 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 06:00 AM Perez just said he got invited to the NY club show! *jealous* Quote
donpi86 Posted October 17, 2013 at 07:27 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 07:27 AM (edited) I'm glad for all you fans in the UK! I would like to ask a question, without any sarcastic replies if possible!What makes LMBTL radio friendly in the UK and not in the States? Because I don't understand it! You only have to compare the Itunes top singles for US and for UK...The US market it has the (obvious) international pop hits standards (Perry, Gaga, Cyrus, Mars.. etc...) But then the other 190 singles are from hard Hip Hop or Country music while the UK Top List concentrates more in the british indie rock, high quality electronic and gives more oportunities to another new modern pop songs and I guess that Sia songwritting has more value here in europe than in US... In general, in history... UK always have better music taste than US... US gave Elvis and the American Songbook.... but UK gave The Beatles....and Queen Another example that normally I have read here... UK loves Think Twice and I guess (for how many times she have performed) US prefers Because You Loved Me... And the first one has much more quality that the second one, vocally and composing. Think Twice it a more serious song while BYLM it is a chessy one... hehehe Edited October 17, 2013 at 07:28 AM by donpi86 1 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted October 17, 2013 at 07:42 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 07:42 AM (edited) The Beatles wouldn't even exist without Elvis. And the influence and impact of African-Americans on pretty much every genre of modern music is immeasurable. Anyway this entire discussion is silly because it's based on the notion that Celine is much more loved in the UK than the US...She's detested and derided there now, perhaps even moreso than in the US. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just because LMBTL made it on the BBC's A-list ... Someone here mentioned that LMBTL wasn't even sent to top 40 radio (yet?) in the US Edited October 17, 2013 at 08:00 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
donpi86 Posted October 17, 2013 at 08:02 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 08:02 AM The Beatles wouldn't even exist without Elvis. And the influence and impact of African-Americans on pretty much every genre of modern music is immeasurable. Anyway this entire discussion is silly because it's based on the notion that Celine is much more loved in the UK than the US...She's detested and derided there now, perhaps even moreso than in the US. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just because LMBTL made it on the BBC's A-list .... The African-americans singing about US slavery and US racism... don't know if that can count as an US music input... Lets say it's a wonderful african-american contribution to music culture... But should we don't get that serious... At the end I think you are right.... Celine is not that loved in Uk as it is not in US and probably even the BBC list the single will be a flop or maybe a surprising slow hit... climbing little by little with the pass of time.. but I guess it will be a low hit... Although I think that LMBTL it is more friendly to Europe listeners but we never know... Lorde it is sooooo UK friendly and now she hits the US charts.... so.. who knows... Quote
JasonFromTheMoon Posted October 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM Am I the only one thinking that LBMTL can still become a hit somewhere in the world??? It is a massive hit in Greece (or at least in Cyprus)! It plays on radio, clubs and everybody knows it. 3 Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
mairtin Posted October 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM A list on Radio 2, way to go!! Come on UK!!!! It's a slow burner just as Think Twice was, which took 2 months to get to no 1. 3 Quote
Ericwwc Posted October 17, 2013 at 01:26 PM Posted October 17, 2013 at 01:26 PM Am I the only one thinking that LBMTL can still become a hit somewhere in the world??? U r not the one,the selling will hike incredibly once the physical and album released 1 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted October 17, 2013 at 02:52 PM Posted October 17, 2013 at 02:52 PM The African-americans singing about US slavery and US racism... don't know if that can count as an US music input... Lets say it's a wonderful african-american contribution to music culture... But should we don't get that serious... http://themodernjedi.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/stink-eye.gif Are you serious right now? Slavery songs?? Without African-Americans we wouldn't have rock, r&b, soul, jazz, blues, funk, rap/hip hop, techno among other genres. YES I said rock. Know your music history. 5 Quote
ehild Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:15 PM Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:15 PM When did they announce this?!!?They never did, as far as I know. A journalist asked about the video and the actual response was that there was no video planned at that specific time. Then people ran with it. And now people are making things up.. I stated later that I should take back the announcement part because they never officially announced that. I just heard from someone (a birdy, I guess, if that's what you want to call it lol) that someone on Celine's team said they can't commit her to any more work right now and the live video will be the official video. Of course, they just released the lyric video and it seems strange to have a lyric video without an official MV following soon after. But given her schedule, of what we do know is happening, I'm not sure when they'd actually film this without cutting too much into her family time so who knows. It's all just speculation at this point, one way or the other. I know we'd all love to see it but I'm not holding my breath for it. I'd love it if they randomly decided to surprise us. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Your_Su_Phu Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:15 PM Posted October 17, 2013 at 03:15 PM (edited) I stated later that I should take back the announcement part because they never officially announced that. I just heard from someone (a birdy, I guess, if that's what you want to call it lol) that someone on Celine's team said they can't commit her to any more work right now and the live video will be the official video. Of course, they just released the lyric video and it seems strange to have a lyric video without an official MV following soon after. But given her schedule, of what we do know is happening, I'm not sure when they'd actually film this without cutting too much into her family time so who knows. It's all just speculation at this point, one way or the other. I know we'd all love to see it but I'm not holding my breath for it. I'd love it if they randomly decided to surprise us. Yeah. I hope they surprise us. The lyric video really caught me off guard. Edited October 17, 2013 at 03:16 PM by Your_Su_Phu 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.