Prima_Donna1 Posted November 2, 2013 at 06:19 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 06:19 PM It's the first time she speaks of the meaning of her album title song since ANDHC! So we could say a new day has come for her and for her fans!Or a new era has come! Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Popular Post Taking Chances Posted November 2, 2013 at 06:20 PM Popular Post Posted November 2, 2013 at 06:20 PM It's really starting to piss me off that this song doesn't have a music video. I mean, the lyric video is great, but come on. She made three video's for her French album, and this doesn't even get one? 9 Quote
Javito Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:03 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:03 PM Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has asked her about the videoclip of the first single: why there isn't any? 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:06 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:06 PM Although I was utterly disappointed the song didn't have a MV, now it would be super late to release or produce one, given that the song has lost traction in some important markets. Now let's hope they'll produce a great one for the second single and that it is not presented to us that late in the song's radio/sales run. 3 Quote
mike_z Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:13 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:13 PM Any chances of this song al least becoming a decent hit in the UK? Quote
LuisMa Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:15 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:15 PM I sure hope so Mikey dear. With such great radio support on Radio 2 and the awesome promo lined up, I hope people BUY BUY BUY it and at least we get a nice chart showing for it! 1 Quote
LukeD Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:25 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:25 PM Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has asked her about the videoclip of the first single: why there isn't any?They don't ask her about it cause the answer is ''Radios didn't support me, my single bombed and my label won't invest any money on flop singles.'' 1 Quote
Taking Chances Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:31 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:31 PM (edited) Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has asked her about the videoclip of the first single: why there isn't any? I'm surprised by that too. In one of the "Making of" videos Celine talks about her ideas for the Photoshoot. So she must have had an idea about the video too. She looks amazing in last French music video and I loved the concept even though it was so simple. So that begs the question again - why doesn't this song have a music video? Stupid f***ing Sony. Although I was utterly disappointed the song didn't have a MV, now it would be super late to release or produce one, given that the song has lost traction in some important markets. Now let's hope they'll produce a great one for the second single and that it is not presented to us that late in the song's radio/sales run. You've got a good point, but a music video would never hurt the performance of the song. However, I agree at this point it would be smarter to release one for the second single instead. I am not too optimistic that we get one though. If we don't get a music video for the first single, that's a very bad sign. But you never know, maybe they will release an amazing video for the second single. Who knows. Edited November 2, 2013 at 07:32 PM by Taking Chances 1 Quote
LuisMa Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:35 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:35 PM (edited) Unless they later announce that in the US it was a buzz single, which is one crappy excuse labels have for underperforming lead singles. It happened to Natasha Bedingfield's "Touch" which even got the video after the song flopped hard, and then they said the lead single was "Strip Me" OMG my charitable soul is still lighting up my life by helping me get the LMBTL American promo single! Edited November 2, 2013 at 07:36 PM by LuisMa 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:38 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:38 PM God Bless America... 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Javito Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:44 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:44 PM I'm surprised by that too. In one of the "Making of" videos Celine talks about her ideas for the Photoshoot. So she must have had an idea about the video too. SheYou've got a good point, but a music video would never hurt the performance of the song. However, I agree at this point it would be smarter to release one for the second single instead. I am not too optimistic that we get one though. If we don't get a music video for the first single, that's a very bad sign. But you never know, maybe they will release an amazing video for the second single. Who knows. She insists she's only recording albums today because its about pleasure and that she doesn't do it for the charts, commercial success or sales. Then what's the problem Céline? Shot the damn video, you have all the money in the world to do that. They all give lame excuses in this aspect sorry. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:47 PM Popular Post Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:47 PM There was no video. We've had plenty of time to mourn. There is no use beating a dead horse.The promo this week has been lovely. Quite honestly, Celine's not known for her music videos. That's why nobody has asked. Not everybody is a greedy fan like most of us here. 8 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LuisMa Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:48 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:48 PM God only knows how she thinks about the situation, Javis. I am sad also that this will be the first time no music video will be made for a leadoff single, but I honestly doubt she would pay for the video with her own money... 2 Quote
Moleque20 Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:56 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 07:56 PM The guitar part of 'At 17' makes me melt! 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
anewdayhascome Posted November 2, 2013 at 08:54 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 08:54 PM They should focus on releasing a second single Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Taking Chances Posted November 2, 2013 at 09:04 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 09:04 PM (edited) She insists she's only recording albums today because its about pleasure and that she doesn't do it for the charts, commercial success or sales. Then what's the problem Céline? Shot the damn video, you have all the money in the world to do that. They all give lame excuses in this aspect sorry. If she doesn't care, maybe that is the whole problem to begin with. If she doesn't care, no one else does either. And btw, I don't recognize you after you changed your avatar. There was no video. We've had plenty of time to mourn. There is no use beating a dead horse.The promo this week has been lovely. Quite honestly, Celine's not known for her music videos. That's why nobody has asked. Not everybody is a greedy fan like most of us here. You're right, she's not known for her music videos, and as greedy as we are, I don't think it's the least bit greedy to want a music video for the lead single of her new album. Edited November 2, 2013 at 09:04 PM by Taking Chances 1 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM It's really starting to piss me off that this song doesn't have a music video. I mean, the lyric video is great, but come on. She made three video's for her French album, and this doesn't even get one? You're so right.We need music videos to promote the singles. 2 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
DionFanAlways Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM I'm surprised by that too. In one of the "Making of" videos Celine talks about her ideas for the Photoshoot. So she must have had an idea about the video too. She looks amazing in last French music video and I loved the concept even though it was so simple. So that begs the question again - why doesn't this song have a music video? Stupid f***ing Sony. That was for Didn't Know Love. You have to remember DKL was ready back in early 2012 (?) So the Alix photoshoot did happen. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Taking Chances Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM That was for Didn't Know Love. You have to remember DKL was ready back in early 2012 (?) So the Alix photoshoot did happen. That explains it, sadly I don't like that, it just means we that we really won't get any new Photoshoots any time soon. Or videos for that matter. 1 Quote
Javito Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:15 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:15 AM There was no video. We've had plenty of time to mourn. There is no use beating a dead horse.The promo this week has been lovely. Quite honestly, Celine's not known for her music videos. That's why nobody has asked. Not everybody is a greedy fan like most of us here. Yes, there's no point in asking ourselves to death why they decided not to do a videoclip for this song, but I couldn't disagree more with the "greedy" part you add. We're talking of the main single of this album, and the first english single she has released in 6 years. A videoclip is not a question of being greedy or selfish: having the videoclip should have been considered as a given, taken for granted (at least for the FIRST comeback single!) The problem with Celine is that with years, we've had to add more and more things to the list of "don't take this for granted", when it should be completely the opposite Also, you say Celine is not known for her music videos. Correct. But with the steps she's taking lately, she will be less and less known A videoclip is still a very powerful tool that serves to promote singers today, especially since we know what's called the "social networks". I'm tired of friends asking me how she looks today when I tell them she has just released a new single, and I don't have anything visual to illustrate them with the song to post in their facebook walls or to look for it in youtube and show them, because no video has been done and only a live performance exists which, like it or not, its NOT the album version of the song. What I want to say is that its okay if they're following this new strange marketing plan for her, not releasing videoclips, but they're missing a very important tool to promote her in the Internet and spread the word with potential fans. The visual imagery that a videoclip provides can be a GREAT extension of the song itself, to associate with it forever because of the powerful link that the video can do with the song. If she doesn't care, maybe that is the whole problem to begin with. If she doesn't care, no one else does either. And btw, I don't recognize you after you changed your avatar. Is that for good or bad??! 5 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Cuquito Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:45 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:45 AM Yes, there's no point in asking ourselves to death why they decided not to do a videoclip for this song, but I couldn't disagree more with the "greedy" part you add. We're talking of the main single of this album, and the first english single she has released in 6 years. A videoclip is not a question of being greedy or selfish: having the videoclip should have been considered as a given, taken for granted (at least for the FIRST comeback single!) The problem with Celine is that with years, we've had to add more and more things to the list of "don't take this for granted", when it should be completely the opposite Also, you say Celine is not known for her music videos. Correct. But with the steps she's taking lately, she will be less and less known A videoclip is still a very powerful tool that serves to promote singers today, especially since we know what's called the "social networks". I'm tired of friends asking me how she looks today when I tell them she has just released a new single, and I don't have anything visual to illustrate them with the song to post in their facebook walls or to look for it in youtube and show them, because no video has been done and only a live performance exists which, like it or not, its NOT the album version of the song. What I want to say is that its okay if they're following this new strange marketing plan for her, not releasing videoclips, but they're missing a very important tool to promote her in the Internet and spread the word with potential fans. The visual imagery that a videoclip provides can be a GREAT extension of the song itself, to associate with it forever because of the powerful link that the video can do with the song. Well said! Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:53 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:53 AM Let's not forget that the big money is in concert tickets. To me it makes sense to sbow Celine performing at the top of her game as it promotes both thealbum and her live shows. It's two birds with one stone. I am not arguing against having a video. No one was more disappointed than I was,but at this stage of her career it makes more sense. Like it or not, someone made this decision. 5 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelineDionForeverNY Posted November 3, 2013 at 03:31 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 03:31 AM I asked this in the Collector's Area already, but are these real promos? I purchased the 3-track one already... but I just want to ask for your guys' opinion.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celine-Dion-Loved-Me-Back-To-Live-3-Track-US-Promo-CD-Dave-Aude-3-postcards-/271312837674?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3f2b815c2a and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celine-Dion-Loved-Me-Back-To-Life-9-Track-Remix-Promo-CD-/291008704493?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item43c1786fed Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
chawatak Posted November 3, 2013 at 03:35 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 03:35 AM (edited) There will be no MV??? OMG Can't believe that. Is this her FIRST lead single that has no MV? Edited November 3, 2013 at 03:35 AM by chawatak Quote LISTEN TO NEW SONG"Flying On My Own" ON REPEAT!!!> https://vimeo.com/328324551
dj_a_rock Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:17 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:17 AM There will be no MV??? OMG Can't believe that. Is this her FIRST lead single that has no MV? Yes. Expect the worst from Sony. Quote
Taking Chances Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:06 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:06 AM Is that for good or bad??! It's definitely not bad, it's just new! Also, I agree with everything you said, I basically said that too, just not so vividly. 1 Quote
mebe Posted November 3, 2013 at 06:50 PM Posted November 3, 2013 at 06:50 PM http://www.rythmefm.com/montreal/palmares.php Now #4!! Go vote! Quote
mebe Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:27 PM Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:27 PM Close to 2 million views!! Quote
littleames Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:51 PM Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:51 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 7 Quote
PatrickDion22 Posted November 3, 2013 at 09:09 PM Posted November 3, 2013 at 09:09 PM It took long enough…. First Celine single ever that I haven't heard on the radio. Gay clubs are playing it like crazy, though so there's that... Close to 2 million views!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5KuRXtjeE&feature=youtu.be 3 Quote Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/patjsully
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.