Bóól'át'í Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM (edited) And why can't Céline go to Saturday Night Live? That IS the question!! Very frustrating... She would be so funny doing some skits! Simple. Demographics. Celine wouldn't appeal to SNL's core audience. Edited November 19, 2013 at 05:09 PM by Bóól'át'í Quote
Xpresso Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:09 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:09 PM Easy. Demographics. Celine wouldn't appeal to SNL's core audience.Well that's what they think. I bet if they would give her a chance, they might get even more viewers! 2 Quote
mike_z Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM Well that's what they think. I bet if they would give her a chance, they might get even more viewers! for sure they would!!! Céline could surprise everyone! 2 Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:12 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:12 PM In TV no such thing as a chance when millions of dollars are at stake - all comes down to the demographics. And they want to make money. Not lose viewers and the money. Quote
Timster Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:20 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:20 PM Simple. Demographics. Celine wouldn't appeal to SNL's core audience. Betty White did SNL and she's 90! 2 Quote
Jessyka Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:27 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:27 PM And why can't Céline go to Saturday Night Live? That IS the question!! Very frustrating... She would be so funny doing some skits! She's not 'cool' enough. 3 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
québecflower Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM She's not 'cool' enough.absolutely, you have to be cool to go there, If Celine would do SNL, people would say, wow, since when do they invite people not cool enough. What it would take Celine in that regard is doing something like John Travolta did, a Tarantino moviei.... 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:22 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 06:22 PM "Loved Me Back to Life" debuted this week at #44 on the Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs chart. Let's hope the song will go to #1. "Loved Me Back to Life" was remixed by Dave Audé, Jump Smokers and David Morales. Here is the latest remix by David Morales: https://soundcloud.c...k-to-life-david David Morales' remix is the best so far. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mebe Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM Posted November 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM Another remix of LMBTL (Rock Farmer remix): https://soundcloud.com/rock-farmer/lovedmebacktolife What do you guys think?? Quote
flutefreak Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:02 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:02 AM Well, I stopped watching SNL years ago, it's just not funny. I would def watch if Celine was on because she'd be way funnier than any of the people on there. I know I'm old so the show is probably not in my demographic! LOL. That's probably why I don't usually find it funny, however I saw the Gaga skits online and they were funny, Celine would totally nail it but I doubt they'd ever give her a chance. 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:08 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:08 AM Well, I stopped watching SNL years ago, it's just not funny. I would def watch if Celine was on because she'd be way funnier than any of the people on there. I know I'm old so the show is probably not in my demographic! LOL. That's probably why I don't usually find it funny, however I saw the Gaga skits online and they were funny, Celine would totally nail it but I doubt they'd ever give her a chance.So true. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:09 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:09 AM absolutely, you have to be cool to go there, If Celine would do SNL, people would say, wow, since when do they invite people not cool enough. What it would take Celine in that regard is doing something like John Travolta did, a Tarantino moviei....Lol! She's got The Muppets coming up! That'll be a ground breaking role 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
flutefreak Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:11 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:11 AM Lol! She's got The Muppets coming up! That'll be a ground breaking role Hey, girl has to start somewhere! 2 Quote
québecflower Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:30 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:30 AM (edited) Lol! She's got The Muppets coming up! That'll be a ground breaking role :giggle: this is the new Celine , is it a movie by Tarantino? i would like best a p.t. Anderson movie but what can you do? Edited November 20, 2013 at 02:34 AM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:50 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 02:50 AM :giggle: this is the new Celine , is it a movie by Tarantino? i would like best a p.t. Anderson movie but what can you do?Yes, like Flutefreak said it's a start..... Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
smw Posted November 20, 2013 at 03:30 AM Posted November 20, 2013 at 03:30 AM SNL is doing a lot better these days.... Went through a slump post-Tina Fey. But it's made some great progress this year. Quote
Jessyka Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:29 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:29 PM Celine in a Tarantino movie? I'd buy it! 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
DionFanAlways Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:35 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 01:35 PM :giggle: this is the new Celine , is it a movie by Tarantino? Could you imagine? Totally unexpected! Now that would be the "edgy" Celine 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Xpresso Posted November 20, 2013 at 03:11 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 03:11 PM Celine in a Tarantino movie? I'd buy it!And her role would be to shoot all the artists that chart higher than her!! 2 Quote
Jessyka Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:36 PM Posted November 20, 2013 at 04:36 PM And her role would be to shoot all the artists that chart higher than her!! Even better. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
khader Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:15 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:15 PM (edited) Celine Now on BBC Radio 2 Listen Live Here http://www.bbc.co.uk...r/bbc_radio_two Edited November 21, 2013 at 02:16 PM by khader Quote
mike_z Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:36 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:36 PM Celine Now on BBC Radio 2 Listen Live Here http://www.bbc.co.uk...r/bbc_radio_two listening right now! is she gone?? nice picture BTW!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/336x189/legacy/episode/b03hw9b1.jpg?nodefault=true 1 Quote
khader Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:41 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:41 PM (edited) listening right now! is she gone?? nice picture BTW!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/336x189/legacy/episode/b03hw9b1.jpg?nodefault=true i hope not ..... i don't know I'm still listening Edited November 21, 2013 at 02:41 PM by khader Quote
mike_z Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:49 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:49 PM i hope not ..... i don't know I'm still listening didn't he say something like "Celine Dion earlier in the show"?I wasn't paying attention! Quote
khader Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:56 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:56 PM didn't he say something like "Celine Dion earlier in the show"?I wasn't paying attention! ya i think he say that but I'm not sure .... i think we missed it because they didn't say anything about her after thatbut i think we can find the episode again on the website so we have to wait Quote
mike_z Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:58 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:58 PM ya i think he say that but I'm not sure .... i think we missed it because they didn't say anything about her after thatbut i think we can find the episode again on the website so we have to wait yeah! BTW, the song really dropped yesterday to #50 in the UK (iTunes). It's now up to #48. Hope it can climb up so it can at least secure a second week inside the TOP 40! Quote
khader Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:00 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:00 PM yeah! BTW, the song really dropped yesterday to #50 in the UK (iTunes). It's now up to #48. Hope it can climb up so it can at least secure a second week inside the TOP 40! ya and the album was #41 now #39 Quote
mike_z Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:13 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:13 PM BTW the official audio video is getting lots of views! I think it got around 80 or 100k yesterday which is the highest rate since it was premiered!The song is getting some love worldwide, people are starting to become aware of its existence, but I insist, there are no strong images to relate it to. (#MusicVideo!!!) Quote
bilinkew Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:17 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:17 PM You haven't missed it yet - by earlier he just meant that it was a pre-record. 1 Quote
khader Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:30 PM Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:30 PM (edited) ya she's up next so keep listening here http://www.bbc.co.uk...r/bbc_radio_two Edited November 21, 2013 at 03:30 PM by khader Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.