mebe Posted September 24, 2013 at 02:55 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 02:55 AM One thing that kind of bothers me about when Celine talks about this song, is that she seems to be taking the song so literally instead of looking at it metaphorically. I don't picture a person in a hospital bed in a coma. I listen to the lyrics and see someone in a depressive state after the end of a very long, loving with bumps in the road relationship that left them totally heart broken. They have a wall up for a long time until that one person comes along that can break them out of this dark place they have been in so long. IDK, this is just my 2 cents. Well I think when she went on Jimmy Kimmel's show...she started to talk about the song and to elaborate a bit more than the coma thing but then she got caught off by the host... 1 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted September 24, 2013 at 03:08 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 03:08 AM One thing that kind of bothers me about when Celine talks about this song, is that she seems to be taking the song so literally instead of looking at it metaphorically. I don't picture a person in a hospital bed in a coma. I listen to the lyrics and see someone in a depressive state after the end of a very long, loving with bumps in the road relationship that left them totally heart broken. They have a wall up for a long time until that one person comes along that can break them out of this dark place they have been in so long. IDK, this is just my 2 cents. On Larry King, she talked about it more metaphorically -- she gave drug addiction as an example of being physically alive but metaphorically not there. . . 6 Quote
stone Posted September 24, 2013 at 03:56 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 03:56 AM Can the moderators do something because I'm getting aggravated wasting my time reading all this petulant fighting in a post about the new single! 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted September 24, 2013 at 04:31 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 04:31 AM Can the moderators do something because I'm getting aggravated wasting my time reading all this petulant fighting in a post about the new single! I'm also surprised the moderators didn't intervene... but the storm seems to be over... for now. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted September 24, 2013 at 07:53 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 07:53 AM Ok... So who's arguing with Javito, today? 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 24, 2013 at 07:55 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 07:55 AM Ok... So who's arguing with Javito, today? Nobody...now come back to bed, dear 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
LukeD Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:01 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:01 AM (edited) Nobody...now come back to bed, dear No fight? Ugh. I just made popcorn. Edited September 24, 2013 at 08:08 AM by LukeD 6 Quote
Javito Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:18 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:18 AM No fight? Ugh. I just made popcorn. I knew I was entertaining in the end 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:18 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:18 AM Hard review but maybe true... http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/mobile/a-e/latest-celine-dion-single-erupts-with-electronics-1.3065948 I do not agree. I think the instruments perfectly work with Celine's powerhouse vocals. They are not overblown by her voice. And btw i bet when rihanna sang this sung nobody would argue. I think it has more to do with hearing celine singing a genre they never heard her singing. It is out of her comfortzone. It is no because you loved me, it is no titanic..it is celine doing the next step in her career, it is celine 2013 ... and l love it!!! 6 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Davey84 Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:33 AM Author Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:33 AM I knew I was entertaining in the end No it wasn't entertaining, ANDHC is the worst album in her career and everything Celine & her team do is pure GOLD!!!! :ranting: 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
marc-02 Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:47 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 08:47 AM 5th, according to IFPI. But we're talking relatively here, and in comparison to her most recent previous studio efforts at the time. ANDHC sold about 7-8 million worldwide. Right after a string of huge hits (FIY, LTAL, TATST, ATW...ADOS) As this was her comeback studio album after a break, Sony was banking on another gold mine, and they were hugely disappointed. They had pumped a lot of money into this.. ANDHC was never considered a flop or a disappointment. You have to remember that by 2002, 3 years after her hugely successful ATW, thebmusic landscape had dramatically changed... and even "current" and younger artists who were big at that time were struggling to sell even several million copies of their albums... with the advent of piracy, internet p2p sharing, digital music... and so to have sold 12 million copies of an album... is like selling 30 million again in the 90s (just like what she did in the 90s)... And to think, with ANDHC, she achieved a career record of biggest first week debut... something that FYI, LTAL and even ATW were not able to accomplish... And consider also that Im Alive became a surprise hit in Europe... and ANDHC the song broke a Billboard AC record at the time (something MHWGO, BYLM failed to do)... So i guess saying that andhc was a disappointment for Sony is completely baseless... 4 Quote
Javito Posted September 24, 2013 at 09:45 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 09:45 AM (edited) No it wasn't entertaining, ANDHC is the worst album in her career and everything Celine & her team do is pure GOLD!!!! :ranting: Tssssskk I never learn the lesson ah? ANDHC was never considered a flop or a disappointment. You have to remember that by 2002, 3 years after her hugely successful ATW, thebmusic landscape had dramatically changed... and even "current" and younger artists who were big at that time were struggling to sell even several million copies of their albums... with the advent of piracy, internet p2p sharing, digital music... and so to have sold 12 million copies of an album... is like selling 30 million again in the 90s (just like what she did in the 90s)... And to think, with ANDHC, she achieved a career record of biggest first week debut... something that FYI, LTAL and even ATW were not able to accomplish... And consider also that Im Alive became a surprise hit in Europe... and ANDHC the song broke a Billboard AC record at the time (something MHWGO, BYLM failed to do)... So i guess saying that andhc was a disappointment for Sony is completely baseless... Not in vain its worth to remember here that "A New Day Has Come" was the only album that Sony decided to re-release as a "Collector's Edition" in 2008, after "These Are Special Times", not FIY, neither LTAL, but ANDHC, and was promoted as "one of the biggest selling albums o her career". So if Sony USA (because this edition was released by Legacy Recordings, which is a label of Sony in the US) decided to release this album first before any other album of her catalog (including FIY or LTAL which are her two biggest selling albums) that must mean something to them right? Edited September 24, 2013 at 09:57 AM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Popular Post bilinkew Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM Popular Post Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM (edited) LMBTL just played on BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce again - one of the most listened to UK radio stations, but with a slightly older audience. ps the station edited the song a bit shortening the intro to fit it in! Edited September 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM by bilinkew 8 Quote
guyddavies Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM LMBTL just played on BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce again - one of the most listened to UK radio stations, but with a slightly older audience. ps the station edited the song a bit shortening the intro to fit it in! Slightly older? They have it on all day in my grandmas nursing home, I hope they dont take the song literally, you know loving each other back to life, or the nurses will have problems! Lol 3 Quote
Shaun Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM Well it's good to know that at least ONE radio station in the whole of the UK has the song and are playing it. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Chin Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM I remembered there was a DVD single for the song ANDHC... Anyone remember that?I still wasn't a fan at that time, so I'm not sure 2 Quote
Javito Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM (edited) I remembered there was a DVD single for the song ANDHC... Anyone remember that?I still wasn't a fan at that time, so I'm not sure Yes there was one. Sony Music released some singles that year in this format, but it wasn't much successful since every artist started to include bonus DVD's in the CD album itself or as limited/deluxe editions. http://img1.mlstatic.com/dvd-celine-dion-a-new-day-has-come-single-t-froy-lqe_MLM-O-30966514_9635.jpghttp://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/87/07/97/0009870797319_500X500.jpg Edited September 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
DionFanAlways Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM Can the moderators do something because I'm getting aggravated wasting my time reading all this petulant fighting in a post about the new single!Triple Like! Thank you 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM Slightly older? They have it on all day in my grandmas nursing home, I hope they dont take the song literally, you know loving each other back to life, or the nurses will have problems! Lol Silly boy! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Davey84 Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM Author Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM Tssssskk I never learn the lesson ah? nope! BTW since this became the ANDHC thread, when Céline was here in Holland in April 2002, she got a Golden Record Award for ANDHC (40.000 copies sold) and that was only 2 weeks after it's release! Actually I remember it was already Gold from reorders onlys! (FYI now an artist gets a golden record with only 25.000 copies sold)... ANDHC spent 6 weeks on number 1 here and stayed in the Album Top 100 for 64 weeks, hardly a commercial flop I'd say! http://www.dutchcharts.nl/showitem.asp?interpret=C%E9line+Dion&titel=A+New+Day+Has+Come&cat=a 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
DionFanAlways Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM I do not agree. I think the instruments perfectly work with Celine's powerhouse vocals. They are not overblown by her voice.Yeah I didn't agree with that either! I think they compliment nicely. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Javito Posted September 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM (edited) nope! BTW since this became the ANDHC thread, when Céline was here in Holland in April 2002, she got a Golden Record Award for ANDHC (40.000 copies sold) and that was only 2 weeks after it's release! Actually I remember it was already Gold from reorders onlys! (FYI now an artist gets a golden record with only 25.000 copies sold)... ANDHC spent 6 weeks on number 1 here and stayed in the Album Top 100 for 64 weeks, hardly a commercial flop I'd say! http://www.dutchchar... Has Come&cat=a April 19, 2002, on a show called "Tros TV"?? It was my birthday that day, and she was in MADRID only 2 DAYS before (where were social networks and facebook and twitter at that time???) :pinch: Btw if you ever saw the glorius award she was given auctioned out there please PM me!!! :drool: That moment was so special, she's rarely presented with an award like this in TV for her album sales, and this one looked so gorgeous! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dp_TY5i4XE Edited September 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted September 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM Posted September 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM (edited) yesterday i was at a friend and he usually does not like Celine's voice, but I showed him loved me back to life, and he said - now we're talking, i like this song and he was contantly singing along and humming the song the whole afternoon! Edited September 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM by browseceline 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wita19 Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM Sony should give us something! Anything! It's getting worse... We started to talk about the album from 2002... It was 11 years ago! Give us new topic to talk about! 2013 LMBTL album! 1 Quote The Best Is Yet To Come...
Javito Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM Sony should give us something! Anything! It's getting worse... We started to talk about the album from 2002... It was 11 years ago! Give us new topic to talk about! 2013 LMBTL album! Its Cher's influence over here, that she took 12 years since 2001's Living Proof to release another album and we're recalling that era Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
celinefan1985 Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM (edited) The last 5 wasted pages are a sad reminder that unfortunately radio has not loved Celine back to life... Edited September 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM by celinefan1985 2 Quote
celinefan1985 Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM And I'm thinking we ain't getting a video! What for, song isn't going anywhere and by the time the album comes out, it's christmas music on AC, the only format mildly intrested in this song. The fact that they did not have a video for what was supposed to be her big come back is mystifying. Celine and Rene should have paid for their own video and had it ready for release to help promote the song. I don't like Kate Perry or "Roar" but that's how you roll out a single. I thought the success of SA would have reinvigorated Sony to do better... Quote
Fran Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM The last 5 wasted pages are a sad reminder that unfortunately radio has not loved Celine back to life... Radio plays that record companies sends... Quote
browseceline Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM And I'm thinking we ain't getting a video! What for, song isn't going anywhere and by the time the album comes out, it's christmas music on AC, the only format mildly intrested in this song. The fact that they did not have a video for what was supposed to be her big come back is mystifying. Celine and Rene should have paid for their own video and had it ready for release to help promote the song. I don't like Kate Perry or "Roar" but that's how youroll out a single. I thought the success of SA would have reinvigorated Sony to do better... exactly, and money should not be any problem. We all know that. IF they want it to be a big hit, promotion can be as big as they want it.I think I am giving up that Celine will ever reach high in the charts like in the 90s. At least we will have a wonderful gift this year, not only the album, but also the concert on dvd/bluray and a European Tour. I am happy Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wita19 Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM Posted September 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM We need something positive! Here's one of the comments about LMBTL Live Video: I do not understand how the majority of young people today prefer a video clip of a live performance! Video Clip anyone with money is easily ... Be thoroughly live, Céline Dion makes for over 30 years! Céline is not fake but a real singer! She is an amazing singer who has what one should expect from a singer! Interpretation, charisma and Voice! Want to watch videos full of technological effects?? We don't have the Official Video yet. That's frustrating, I know. It will appear sooner or later. Let's hope it'll be sooner. However, every cloud has a silver lining! We have an amazing LIVE performance! Not every singer can afford to sing the new single for the first time live and do it sooo good! Quote The Best Is Yet To Come...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.