Jump to content

New English Single: Loved Me Back To Life


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

They're missing a gold opportunity to release the song NOW and bring Céline back to to the international scene :down:

 

Now it's not a matter of promotion with Céline, if she can't promote the song personally in TV shows right now, its OK, release another single in september, but for God's sake, everyone is looking for the mp3 of the song and the single in iTunes and there's any! :doh: :doh: :doh: :pinch:

 

They're losing time again! It's like seeing Unfinished Songs release part II, a song which went nowhere because it wasn't released!

Edited by Javito
  • Like 3

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

This song deserves to be presented on this year VMAs too.

 

I still think they should wait until the last week of August and start promoting like crazy in September

Posted

They're missing a gold opportunity to release the song NOW and bring Céline back to to the international scene :down:

 

Now it's not a matter of promotion with Céline, if she can't promote the song personally in TV shows right now, its OK, release another single in september, but for God's sake, everyone is looking for the mp3 of the song and the single in iTunes and there's any! :doh: :doh: :doh: :pinch:

 

They're losing time again! It's like seeing Unfinished Songs release part II, a song which went nowhere because it wasn't released!

 

I agree with you, if they didn't want to release it they should have never let her her perform it in concert this early. Do not get me wrong I'm in love with the song and SO HAPPY she sang it live in Quebec

so we could all hear it but its not the smartest move, I understand it was Celine's idea last minute to sing it but the song should not be sang once in July and that not spoken of again until September/ octoberish, the song will start to loose the momentum it has currently .

  • Like 2
Posted

They're missing a gold opportunity to release the song NOW and bring Céline back to to the international scene :down:

 

Now it's not a matter of promotion with Céline, if she can't promote the song personally in TV shows right now, its OK, release another single in september, but for God's sake, everyone is looking for the mp3 of the song and the single in iTunes and there's any! :doh: :doh: :doh: :pinch:

 

They're losing time again! It's like seeing Unfinished Songs release part II, a song which went nowhere because it wasn't released!

 

It IS a matter of promotion Javito, you of all people should know that.... it would be a total WASTE to release such a brilliant song right now. Yes, it's buzzing right now and people are talking about it.... but that's not enough. The song might hit the iTunes top 10, but it would disappear next week. Like I said....that would be such a waste to let such a comeback single die...

 

Especially when releasing a 2nd single around the album's release (I normally favor this, but not in this case), it would make a disgrace of 'Loved Me Back To Life'. This song should not come out earlier than late August/early September and then Céline can promote the heck out of it (like you've always wanted).

 

They should not release the full song now, but a 1-minute preview. Then release an in-studio clip like she did with 'Water And A Flame' and 'At Seventeen', followed by maybe an in-studio video like she did with 'Taking Chances' and/or release a lyric video (in August).

 

Keep people longing for the full song....don't give them everything just yet (how much we want to).

  • Like 6

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)
Sony please don't screw this up!! Release the song NOW!! I don't agree that she absolutely needs to promote it right now... It takes a few weeks for radio stations to get on the bandwagon anyway... and slowly this song will become bigger and bigger just from the surprise effect Céline will have (and does have right now) on a lot of non fans through social media... And then when she's done with her August shows in Vegas, she can go promote the crap out if it. Even while in Vegas, she can still do a few TV shows in the US. Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

'Loved Me Back To Life' live during SOUNDCHECK :w00t:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQopcERKUV4

Edited by Celine Fan 77
  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)
Celine need release the single now! Because Katy Perry album are going to release the same day of Celine's album 20-22 de Octuber! :( and in August Lady Gaga are going to release her single Applause! and the album in October! Celine Need debut in the Charts #1 :'( Edited by Maicool4
http://25.media.tumblr.com/22b69ef7c7f608e391c2b0c3273c6fd9/tumblr_mszgokm8hq1r1kly2o1_400.gif

Posted

'Loved Me Back To Life' live during SOUNDCHECK http://1.1.1.2/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQopcERKUV4

 

Haha, I was faster! :P Doesn't she sound better in this soundcheck? I'm downloading it!

Posted
agh this song is getting me so revved up as a fan. Manages to be current but not a sell out, and emphasizes her vocals to give her just the perfect one up above all the other artists, but not so excessive as to be off kilter. ARGH PERFECT. SO HAPPY. can't wait for this album.
  • Like 1

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted (edited)

The song needs to be added to Vegas when she returns there. Keeps the momentum going, all be it in a steady way. Plus I'm being totally selfless as ill be seeing her on the 6th! ;-)

 

There have been a few "dark" songs in the past...this is nothing " new" in that sense I don't think. TC had a track about abuse on.

 

As for thanking the writers, I don't think it was a dig at Daniel at all, IMO It was keeping the same debacle from happening again, playing it safe if you will. Even though she didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

Edited by nature boy

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg

How do you describe a feeling??

Posted

Everything has already been said about a new single on this forum, so I will only add how glad I am that I can enjoy LMBTL with YOU all!

Whatever Sony or Celine decides, we'll always stand "by her side night aftre night", right? :)

  • Like 1
The Best Is Yet To Come...
Posted

 

It IS a matter of promotion Javito, you of all people should know that.... it would be a total WASTE to release such a brilliant song right now. Yes, it's buzzing right now and people are talking about it.... but that's not enough. The song might hit the iTunes top 10, but it would disappear next week. Like I said....that would be such a waste to let such a comeback single die...

 

Especially when releasing a 2nd single around the album's release (I normally favor this, but not in this case), it would make a disgrace of 'Loved Me Back To Life'. This song should not come out earlier than late August/early September and then Céline can promote the heck out of it (like you've always wanted).

 

They should not release the full song now, but a 1-minute preview. Then release an in-studio clip like she did with 'Water And A Flame' and 'At Seventeen', followed by maybe an in-studio video like she did with 'Taking Chances' and/or release a lyric video (in August).

 

Keep people longing for the full song....don't give them everything just yet (how much we want to).

 

Yes, in part you're right, keep the people waiting and talking about it, but "no" to another single in september/october? That depends in how many more potential hits like this song are in the album, but that's one thing they only know right now... Imagine that there are even better tracks than Loved Me Back To Life in the album for a 1st single? Then this song could work for a teaser right now and then release with all the fanfare another greater song in september.

 

Agree with the 1 min preview clip of the song though :)

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

AMÉN Sir!! :worthy:

 

With this song she's taking the chances she didn't take in 2007! It's not going to hurt to try something new for a change! Doesn't she say she has nothing to prove anymore? Doesn't she say she doesn't care if she sells millions or is a flop? Then what's the problem? Enjoy this new era in her music, so very much awaited and I would even say, so very much needed! ;) I'm sure the album will include some power ballads, but if you miss them in this single, go and pick some of the dozens of albums she already has including power ballads. However, she doesn't have ANY song in her albums closer to this "Loved Me Back To Life". This is fresh, this is modern and this proves that Céline can be contemporary, but what's more, she needs to be contemporary!

 

Do you guys want to keep her inside a time capsule without ever going away from her "MHWGO/BYLM" label? Do you think that's doing any good to her? No! That's sinking her career, she's not moving from those songs and for 15 years she's been only performing this kind of songs in her shows.

 

Since the girl doesn't move away from her comfort zone with these old classics in her concerts, please, at least let her have some fun in the recording studio and do songs like this new single for her albums! Don't you worry, the time when this new fresh material is ignored and neglected in her concerts, while she keeps singing for the umpteenth time the same hits from the 90's will arrive, you'll keep having that for sure! We're used to that by now :innocent:

 

But this song is like a blow of fresh air, its fresh material who make us believe that she's still alive and current! But more boring ballads today that will take her nowhere? No thank you, enough of that for a while! :bye1:

I agree with everything you said except I disagree she certainly did take chances in 07. She recorded an edgier album filled with rock songs, one folkish sounding one, 2 r&b songs, and some ballads. Yes! This album may not have been a risk for you but it was to me because she sang in a genre that she is not known to sing from. This album was waaaaay different from LTAL,FYI,self titled, TCOML, and Unison combined. In fact it's nothing like those albums.

Couldn't agree more! If she ''has to'' keep the hits, ok, keep that damn Titanic song but get rid of the rest and include some other hits like ANDHC (Radio Remix), TTWII (preferably new updated remix), TT, Immortality... Just change the setlist please! I can't stand LCMM or BYLM anymore. It would be a dream come true if she would include 8 or more new songs from LMBTL on the upcoming tour (if there'll be one) + those neglected hits and some never performed gems like Reveal, Faith, TGR... and for the upcoming French shows, don't neglect 1F&4T and D'elles but I think that's a lost cause judging by the recent concert. At least she performed Je crois toi, DMQS, Incognito, Terre... and songs from SA. It was so refreshing to hear those rarely performed songs. But how can she neglect Tout l'or des hommes, Contre nature, Je ne vous oublie pas etc. is beyond me :wacko: For once I would like ''I don't care what casual fans like, I'll sing what I want'' attitude.

I am with you that she does need to change up the setlist and not sing the same hits over and over. Yea LCMM definately has to go.

This is clearly a statement of intentions by Céline, right? :laugh: Those acknowledgements weren't made by coincidence this time. What a slap on Daniel Meh-whateverfollows face :giggle:

Merricaca enough said. Next time he should learn not to talk out of a$$ about someone that he knows nothing about. This song and the way Celine and her team handled this was great.

Oh no! I feel great about this song, just as I felt on IDAN and even more on TC!

ANDHC was great, but all the fancy songs that followed up, IA, GTSW, HYEBIL.. I didn't like. Nice songs though, but it all became too sweet. Celine always had a nice balance between her fancy work and some more honest songs. Because there's a target group for both.

Like Seduces Me vs Because You Loved me. Our MHWGO vs Us. Or TTWII vs L FTOIL

Our the French and English work in general.

In 2002 I really thought she was missing a bit honesty. Especially because she was only talking about her son on the other hand.

It was one fancy song after the other that came with a very forced glamor mommy attitude.

Miracle on top of all that, was horrible for me. I knew there would be an audience for it, but over all I though Celine would have a hard time to get over that image thing that came along with it. It's one of the most corny things she ever did. Good in what it was, but really cheesy.

IDAN was an important song in between all that fancy stuff. It was the only thing she did with some good balls, if you know what I mean...

 

Taking Chances was fresh too. I blame the unprepared rushed promotion (like Oprah, Good Morning America e.g) our the missing promotion in general. Celine had bin in Vegas for ages and things like Miracle, which was the last major release that people noticed, did effect her image. Her Vegas image too...

They needed to work twice as hard to put her back in the game, and they didn't!

Some easy promotion, rushing to rehearsals and a world tour after without anything impressive to show the world, other than her fans, that she was back in business. Understandable, she has a family, we all know. She worked hard enough during the tour for her fans, but the world didn't notice which was a disappointment. The song TC was definitely a great song. Also the album, her style and image.. it was all right, but just way to many people did hear of see it.

 

I hope they did learn form it. But mostly, that they want to do it different this time. This song is another proof that Celine does come up with new interesting things that keeps her fresh and up to date. It shows that she is able to move on and renew without loosing herself in something she is not. The hard way of not repeating yourself with the same stuff, but still hold your own. I respect her big time for that.

 

But it's all about the marketing and promoting. How much Sony will invest ánd most of all... how much effort and priority Celine wants to invest.

It's clear what we all want, but what does she want? Both parties are the key to a success album that will be seen and heard by fans and the rest of the world.

Exactly the lack of success of TC was about lack of promotion. I agree on everything.

This song deserves to be presented on this year VMAs too.

 

I still think they should wait until the last week of August and start promoting like crazy in September

I agree with you but 1 problem MTV does not like her plain and simple. Sad but true! :(

Celine need release the single now! Because Katy Perry album are going to release the same day of Celine's album 20-22 de Octuber! :( and in August Lady Gaga are going to release her single Applause! and the album in October! Celine Need debut in the Charts #1 :'(

UGH HATE TODAY'S MUSIC!! Sorry for yelling, but I just want Celine to be successful and all. Though since these pop tarts are in the way then we have a problem. Bleh!

 

This song should not be a surprise to any hardcore fans because Celine has said in the past that she likes change and wants to sing other things. She once said that singing the same things can be boring. She also said that just because she may sing different things doesn't make her a "different Celine" She has has always been the same Celine that she has always been.

 

Even though she is the same Celine I do love this new era of Celine Dion (2002-2013) because she has taken many risks musically. In this decade of an era she has become the "I can sing everything" pop queen/empress instead of the ballad queen that she and her colleagues were known to do back in the 90's. Still nobody pays attention and places her in that box. LMBTL is a song that steps up her game and lets people know "hello I am the Celine Dion that CAN sing other things too. Look at me" She deserves to get noticed for this song big time.

Edited by Prima_Donna1

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

Euh... I quite don't like the introduction of this piece of news. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

 

Obviously, LMBTL was not lipped!

http://thelavalizard...ngle-in-quebec/

Yes its irritating that they brought up lipping the concert and song. If they had watched it you could easily tell that LMBTL was live as was 90% of the concert...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted

I agree with everything you said except I disagree she certainly did take chances in 07. She recorded an edgier album filled with rock songs, one folkish sounding one, 2 r&b songs, and some ballads. Yes! This album may not have been a risk for you but it was to me because she sang in a genre that she is not known to sing from. This album was waaaaay different from LTAL,FYI,self titled, TCOML, and Unison combined. In fact it's nothing like those albums.

 

I said she didn't take the chances with that album not for the songs, but because she failed to promote them! The new edgier songs were not promoted at all, she took 2 covers as singles instead, that's why she lost her chance.

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

I agree with you, if they didn't want to release it they should have never let her her perform it in concert this early. Do not get me wrong I'm in love with the song and SO HAPPY she sang it live in Quebec

so we could all hear it but its not the smartest move, I understand it was Celine's idea last minute to sing it but the song should not be sang once in July and that not spoken of again until September/ octoberish, the song will start to loose the momentum it has currently .

This is very true . Unfortunetely maybe it was a bad move after all. as the hype is there now , fans want it on MP3, not live, So its a real pity....It makes no sense really .... I so want this song to do well, but its out there now on internet etc, are her team not aware, fans have spoken to Sony, So wheres the song?? :hmm: :wub:

Edited by takeachance

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted (edited)

I said she didn't take the chances with that album not for the songs, but because she failed to promote them! The new edgier songs were not promoted at all, she took 2 covers as singles instead, that's why she lost her chance.

 

Ok true but nobody knew Taking Chances was a cover. I didn't know it was a cover until a year ago.(I knew the album was out but wasn't on here a lot to read in detail) So even if she released it, it still could have been very successful with the right promotion.

Edited by Prima_Donna1

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted
Since her performing LMBTL was a such a sudden surprise I bet Sony was not expecting it at all and probably shi*t themselves when they heard she sang it live hahaha

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted

Rumour has it celine is due to appear on xfactor us to perform the song at the first live show... Dunno how true it is right now, gonna delve a bit further... Hmmm

 

it would be great...september 11 and 12, first ...

  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

Rumour has it celine is due to appear on xfactor us to perform the song at the first live show... Dunno how true it is right now, gonna delve a bit further... Hmmm

 

That would be amazing...

post-4259-0-10983300-1375207207_thumb.jpg

  • Like 2

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4973/lasvegasceline.jpg

 

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/9742/cdpromo.jpg

Posted

Rumour has it celine is due to appear on xfactor us to perform the song at the first live show... Dunno how true it is right now, gonna delve a bit further... Hmmm

:w00t: Oh my god!! It wouldn't surprise me as Louis Walsh is a huge Celine fan, I really hope Dermot isn't as rude this time when interviewing her though..... :pinch:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

:w00t: Oh my god!! It wouldn't surprise me as Louis Walsh is a huge Celine fan, I really hope Dermot isn't as rude this time when interviewing her though..... :pinch:

 

XFactor US, not UK

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

XFactor US, not UK

Ooops!! Thanks !!! Great news, I love x factor US!!! :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...