Jump to content

New English Single: Loved Me Back To Life


Recommended Posts

Posted
Yeah and she knows that it has been way to long for new music! She is excited about it again!
  • Like 2
Posted

There was a world tour for ANDHC, it was called "...A New Day" and people came from literally all over the world to see it. Shouldn't matter that it never left Las Vegas, it was still a tour! It also wasn't the OH tour because OH wasn't really an album and can honestly just be considered a bonus album from the ANDHC era.

 

A New Day.. was not promotion for the A New Day Has Come album, wake up! It had only ANDHC, Im Alive, I Surrender...

HYEBIL was cut.

Nature Boy CUT!

 

I think for it to have a tour you need more than 3 songs performed from the album.

 

Also same for One Heart, people irritate the crap out of me when they say its not considered a album, The fact is it was a album, whether you liked the songs or not its reality. One Hearts album was WAY more of a album than "All the Way" yet people consider that one? But again NO PROMOTION! which is why people don't consider the album to be a album.

 

Also I have to agree with Javito again.

 

Celines voice is Great still but nowhere near the way it was in 2002. Look at "World Children's Day" for example.

I do agree tho that in 2013 her voice is better than in 2005-2012 and BY A LONG SHOT! Miles better, the nasal is still there but kept much more to a minimum and her voice is more pure now than the last few years "Loved Me Back to Life" is proof.

  • Like 2
Posted

And that's rubbish.... Céline herself has said multiple times during ANDHC promo that her voice wasn't as good as it used to be (mainly because it was't number 1 anymore). She had some grt performances during that period, but it definately wasn't as strong as in the 90's.

 

And when she began her 2nd Vegas show, her voice was in TOP shape, much better than the past decade! She took lessons again as the emphasis of the show is more on the voice than the performance. I witnessed it personally at the premiere....her voice was (technically) flawless. So it's FAR from hopeless....can't believe you actually think that.

Totally agree I was there for 2nd concert of 2nd Vegas show and her voice was in the best shape I've ever heard, I still can't get over it.

Posted

Hello all! I hardly ever post but I'm so excited!

 

I agree that Celine's voice is in tip top shape right now. Naturally, her voice is going to be different than when she was 34, or 24, or 14. It's older now, but still out of this world and at its best. Barbra Streisand could sing so powerfully in her 40s, but that voice is very different that the voice from her 20s.

 

I'm also very excited to hear how celine evolves the live performances of this song, like how she added things to Open Arms over time. Or even the song Taking Chances on tour. Like the more comfortable she gets w a song, the more liberties she takes.

 

Finally, I don't get how people still want a 90s celine. We have so much of that wonderful stuff. At last something new and fresh and today and DIFFERENT. Even celine herself has said that love songs today are different than the 90s, or the 2000s. Why would she want to be stuck in olden times?

  • Like 3
Posted
OMG! This album is like 2 1/2 months away. That's sooooo short an amount of time. And now we have an actual live debut. Just think about it you guys....2 1/2 months is REALLY short in the grand scheme of things. Then we will all officially have the album to add to our Celine history! I remember listening to Taking Chances....I was around 23 years old. I'm 29 now. After all this time, TC feels as classic as FIY and LTAL. That's how much time has passed. I don't like spoilers as far as the album, so the most I'll do is listen to an official 30 sec clip of each song like I did in the 90s. Either way.....2 1/2 months til this is officially a part of Celine's discography.
  • Like 1
Posted
Yeah when you are told for the past 2 1/2 years that a new english album is coming up in a couple months but then always get postponed... Sure 2 1/2 months seem short.
Posted
I'm obsessed with this song!!!! It's beyond amazing!!!! I feel like a teenager so excited lol
  • Like 3
Posted

Hello all! I hardly ever post but I'm so excited!

 

I agree that Celine's voice is in tip top shape right now. Naturally, her voice is going to be different than when she was 34, or 24, or 14. It's older now, but still out of this world and at its best. Barbra Streisand could sing so powerfully in her 40s, but that voice is very different that the voice from her 20s.

 

I'm also very excited to hear how celine evolves the live performances of this song, like how she added things to Open Arms over time. Or even the song Taking Chances on tour. Like the more comfortable she gets w a song, the more liberties she takes.

 

Finally, I don't get how people still want a 90s celine. We have so much of that wonderful stuff. At last something new and fresh and today and DIFFERENT. Even celine herself has said that love songs today are different than the 90s, or the 2000s. Why would she want to be stuck in olden times?

 

I agree. I don't want 90's Celine Dion either. She can take her a__ back to the closet for all I care. Ok seriously! I liked Celine from 90's but true this era was where she experimented and did great things musically. I was shocked when she did a lot of mid and uptempo songs on ANDHC. I was shocked when I heard OH with the catchy pop songs. When TC cames out I was like wow Celine a step in another direction. I feel like in this era that she surprised us more than she did in the 90's. What was then the ballad queen talking about love the same way. The industry tho puts her in that box of how she used in the 90's and there is no way to get out of that.

  • Like 2

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

(Quote)I hated the look in that era. The hair (she did it again in the 2002 WCD concert) reminds me of a rooster's tail

 

 

 

Yes and that awful golden catsuit...where was annie horth??? She wears so much better clothes lately. This was an example of bad taste for sure!

 

OMG i hate that look too

Posted

I was sitting at my desk in work today and found myself humming "Love Me Back To Life" without even realizing it. Sign of a good song!

After I heard this song the first time, literally, all night through my sleep and till the next day, it was on my mind... :whistling:
Celine ~
Posted

After I heard this song the first time, literally, all night through my sleep and till the next day, it was on my mind... :whistling:

 

Yeah me too even though i'm not listening that much it still stuck in my head.

  • Like 2
Posted

A New Day.. was not promotion for the A New Day Has Come album, wake up! It had only ANDHC, Im Alive, I Surrender...

HYEBIL was cut.

Nature Boy CUT!

 

I think for it to have a tour you need more than 3 songs performed from the album.

 

Also same for One Heart, people irritate the crap out of me when they say its not considered a album, The fact is it was a album, whether you liked the songs or not its reality. One Hearts album was WAY more of a album than "All the Way" yet people consider that one? But again NO PROMOTION! which is why people don't consider the album to be a album.

 

Also I have to agree with Javito again.

 

Celines voice is Great still but nowhere near the way it was in 2002. Look at "World Children's Day" for example.

I do agree tho that in 2013 her voice is better than in 2005-2012 and BY A LONG SHOT! Miles better, the nasal is still there but kept much more to a minimum and her voice is more pure now than the last few years "Loved Me Back to Life" is proof.

 

You are stuck in the 90's if you think that tours are about selling albums. They may have once been, but these days, albums are about selling tours. A New Day ... was truly one of the earliest and most successful examples of this in the 00's, it established the precedent, the business model, for how so much of popular culture is marketed these days. This was a necessary adaptation on the part of the industry itself in response to the rise of MP3's and it was most likely coordinated to a greater extent than we are led to believe.

  • Like 1
Posted

You are stuck in the 90's if you think that tours are about selling albums. They may have once been, but these days, albums are about selling tours. A New Day ... was truly one of the earliest and most successful examples of this in the 00's, it established the precedent, the business model, for how so much of popular culture is marketed these days. This was a necessary adaptation on the part of the industry itself in response to the rise of MP3's and it was most likely coordinated to a greater extent than we are led to believe.

 

However Adele may have been signified, she did not reverse this trend, or signal a broader shift to the trend; she simply bucked it. An outlier should not be considered a good determining factor when attempting to predict future success for others. What Celine is doing right now is using her albums to sustain a level of interest intense enough to provide her shows with consistent sell-outs; it's superstitious in this way. She must continue to be successful or no one will come. But the big money in physical CD sales has largely vanished.

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah me too even though i'm not listening that much it still stuck in my head.

Same here! I already know some of the lyrics.

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

 

 

However Adele may have been signified, she did not reverse this trend, or signal a broader shift to the trend; she simply bucked it. An outlier should not be considered a good determining factor when attempting to predict future success for others. What Celine is doing right now is using her albums to sustain a level of interest intense enough to provide her shows with consistent sell-outs; it's superstitious in this way. She must continue to be successful or no one will come. But the big money in physical CD sales has largely vanished.

 

Adele only have two album and the first one even though had a grammy but nat very popular in some country like my country only known for her second album. I never heard on a radion any of her song from her first album.

 

 

By the way sorry it's off topic. No need to argue anymore i think. It would be annoying for everyone.

Edited by gafsa
Posted
I've had this song stuck in my head all day...ok scratch that all week! Reply on Youtube...over and over...
Posted
re: timing - October 22 is almost three months away, so I agree that it's a little early to release the studio version to digital retailers at this point. Two to 2.5 months is a pretty standard time to start an album era (for upcoming and well-known examples, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are both within that window between their single/album releases), and while we can't be sure Céline's team will pre-promote this era like usual artists (she's older, pre-occupied with Vegas, primarily formatted to AC radio, and the label doesn't have a great history of it), I would expect to see a single release in mid- to late-August, along with hopefully a radio release to AC radio at the least, if not pop as well (I wouldn't be surprised to see an initial run like the pop push of Emeli Sandé's "Next To Me," which was pushed to AC, HAC, pop, and urban at the same time with AC stations actually picking it up faster than pop at first).
Posted

Bummer, my friend doesn't really like the song. :mellow:

 

How about you?

Posted

How about you?

I like it but don't love it. Some parts are too repetitive. It'll probably grow over me when I listen to the HQ studio version. :)

  • Like 1

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted

(Quote)I hated the look in that era. The hair (she did it again in the 2002 WCD concert) reminds me of a rooster's tail

 

 

 

Yes and that awful golden catsuit...where was annie horth??? She wears so much better clothes lately. This was an example of bad taste for sure!

 

She was already working with Annie Horth back then.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
We're gonna need a bigger boat. This song is gonna be massive! Haha. I love it
Posted
That so called HQ version is an autotuned performance from Quebec. Argh
http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png

Posted

That so called HQ version is an autotuned performance from Quebec. Argh

 

Really? It sounds so different!

Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Posted
The song is stuck in my head too , every morning, every night :wacko: back to life ah ah I iiiii , et etc Help :unsure: :w00t:
  • Like 1

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

This is me right now :clap: :w00t: :whee: :bananadance: :bananadance: :dance3: :dance3: :bonk: :bonk: :worthy: :worthy: :dog: :dog: :spaz: :spaz: :mbounce: :xmas1:

Me and my best friend also just ordered flights and hotel fro Paris!!!!!!!!

Love this!! :laugh:

  • Like 1

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

That so called HQ version is an autotuned performance from Quebec. Argh

How do you know?

 

I REALLY HOPE SO BTW! Don't like what I've heard.

Posted

How do you know?

 

I REALLY HOPE SO BTW! Don't like what I've heard.

 

If you go to part where the big note is supposed to be, well there's no that part. They just removed that note but you can see the beginning of crack in her voice

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png

Posted

If you go to part where the big note is supposed to be, well there's no that part. They just removed that note but you can see the beginning of crack in her voice

 

That 'crack' could possibly be intentional.. like in the Sia demo.

 

Although -Again- I hope this is not a bootleg of Le Banquier studio version. The vocal production would suck immensely. Hope you are right.

Posted

I'm glad I started the discussion about her vocal state at the moment.

 

My point was that her technique is better than it has been in many years, but that her voice is not the best it has ever been....simply just likely due to age. I think in studio she can still do wonders, but live she cannot consistently be as good as in studio as frequently as she used to. Sure, if she had rest and sang a few select songs then she could pull them off in a world class fashion, but that's just not how she operates.........

 

I selfishly wish she would never have stopped her "not talking" regimen day of the concerts. :tongue: But I know it's ridiculous to expect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...