celinedionfan1 Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:40 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:40 AM Love this!! Hahahaha!! I just cannot get over how freaking amazing this song is 2 Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
celinedionfan1 Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:42 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:42 AM I might be agreeing to the whole auto-tuned thing, didn't the audience sign a contract that prevented them from saying/posting anything? 1 Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
takeachance Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:43 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 08:43 AM I'm glad I started the discussion about her vocal state at the moment. My point was that her technique is better than it has been in many years, but that her voice is not the best it has ever been....simply just likely due to age. I think in studio she can still do wonders, but live she cannot consistently be as good as in studio as frequently as she used to. Sure, if she had rest and sang a few select songs then she could pull them off in a world class fashion, but that's just not how she operates......... I selfishly wish she would never have stopped her "not talking" regimen day of the concerts. :tongue: But I know it's ridiculous to expect. Ya, And imagine how hard it must have been for her when she did "give up" the not talking regime before concerts, with Celine being so disciplined, She must have found it so difficult to get used to and probably felt guilty or strange for talking and that she was going against what she had thought herself before. We know how disciplined she can be.But that's what she had to do!!! I guess ya kinda have to talk to your children once and a while!!! 1 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
HushNow Posted July 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM We're gonna need a bigger boat. This song is gonna be massive! Haha. I love it And I love your Jaws quote 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM I guess ya kinda have to talk to your children once and a while!!! Lol! (But only if you want them to be normal) 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
celinefandelux Posted July 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM Sorry for the dumb question but what do u mean with "auto tuned"? Quote
Ericwwc Posted July 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM Posted July 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM Celine on Graham Norton would be brilliant! He would get some funny stories out of her that's for sure. I think she better promoting it at American idol because it is broadcasting all over the world ,even my country also has it Quote
amelie Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM (edited) i'd take 2001 over 2013 anyday Edited July 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM by amelie Quote
Neddo Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM That performance was after her vocal rest. Also it was one night, one song. That's why it was perfect. Imagine Celine singing one night, one song for after 20 month vocal rest NOW? Go watch this performance coz' it proves that Celine has fanstastic technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChsXqRoTmE 4 Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
garçon Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM That performance was after her vocal rest. Also it was one night, one song. That's why it was perfect. Imagine Celine singing one night, one song for after 20 month vocal rest NOW? Go watch this performance coz' it proves that Celine has fanstastic techniquehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChsXqRoTmE Technically this wasn't perfect 100% either.. Before this performance she spoke -obviously- due to the long interview beforehand.Actually it's better to record the performances before the interviews for such reasons, such as Celine does regularly, like with the Oprah, Today show and Ellen appearances. 1 Quote
takeachance Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:14 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:14 PM The person who uploaded the studio version shouldn't have right?thought they signed a thing to say they wouldnt Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Nando Férri Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:26 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:26 PM (edited) That so called HQ version is an autotuned performance from Quebec. ArghWhat do you call "autotuned"? Do you know exactly what autotune can do?For me, it's pretty obvious it's not from the live version. The base is kind different and her voices are playin in layers overlapping her own voices. The second verse has backing voices that doesn't have in the live version. Besides, along the whole song, we have different notes. By the way, if it's from the Le Bankier, then this person has a snippet from the Ne-Yo's duet for sure! Edited July 31, 2013 at 02:27 PM by Nando Férri 1 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
Neddo Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:58 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 02:58 PM What do you call "autotuned"? Do you know exactly what autotune can do?For me, it's pretty obvious it's not from the live version. The base is kind different and her voices are playin in layers overlapping her own voices. The second verse has backing voices that doesn't have in the live version. Besides, along the whole song, we have different notes. By the way, if it's from the Le Bankier, then this person has a snippet from the Ne-Yo's duet for sure! I just watched few tc concerts and I realised that Celine is naturally autotuned Finally Celine changed her voice in studio. If there's Incredible snippet then this HQ version is indeed studio one Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
DionFanAlways Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:02 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:02 PM This song, wow! Can't stop singing it. It could so very well be a song for the fans! "you never gave up on me" "from the coma" it's been a 6 year coma! 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
changepas39 Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:05 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:05 PM This song, wow! Can't stop singing it. It could so very well be a song for the fans! "you never gave up on me" "from the coma" it's been a 6 year coma! I completely agree! It has been stuck in my head for days!!! 1 Quote http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/changepas39/f28ed0e8-0230-434c-9df9-6801977de1f0_zps821ef336.jpg
WaterFromTheMoon Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:14 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:14 PM Am I the only one who is thinking that the high part where here voice *cracks* is meant to be? I think she wanted it to sound that raspy in a way... what do you guys think? If she really wanted she could have done that way more clearly 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:15 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:15 PM i'd take 2001 over 2013 anydayWell... Who wouldn't like to shave 12 years off!!??? 2 Quote
zuv Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:24 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:24 PM (edited) OHH "from the COMA!!" i coudn't figure it out, i was like: "from the conquer"?? "from the combat"?? "From the Congo"?? lol Edited July 31, 2013 at 03:28 PM by zuv 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:28 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:28 PM We're gonna need a bigger boat. This song is gonna be massive! Haha. I love it Yeah, a kayak ain't gonna cut it this time... 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Chin Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:43 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:43 PM (edited) Actually, I heard "from the corner" when I listened to Sia's demo for the first time... LOL Edited July 31, 2013 at 03:44 PM by chinchin_dreampalace Quote
gafsa Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:47 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:47 PM Yeah, a kayak ain't gonna cut it this time... :giggle: Quote
gafsa Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:48 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:48 PM Am I the only one who is thinking that the high part where here voice *cracks* is meant to be? I think she wanted it to sound that raspy in a way... what do you guys think? If she really wanted she could have done that way more clearly I think that too when i hear it. Quote
gafsa Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:49 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:49 PM Actually, I heard "from the corner" when I listened to Sia's demo for the first time... LOL I heard "from the corner" when i listened tobthe live version. Quote
ashtonelijah Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:59 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 03:59 PM In Sia's version, I heard "From the durma." "Comer" is definitely an improvement. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
comingback Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:10 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:10 PM FINALLY, WE GET A GLIMPSE OF WHAT COULD BE THE STUDIO VERSION OF LMBTL!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgS_-R-dEDU&feature=youtube_gdata_player Quote
Moleque20 Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:18 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:18 PM The song has the potential to be a hit across Europe and I believe it will. Or even Canada. But for the USA, I'm afraid it will score in a place between #40-60 and then it will start declining. If Celine had the swag (a crappy music like JB, 1D, N.Minaj etc) , she would have a top 10 hit 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Prima_Donna1 Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:38 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:38 PM (edited) The song has the potential to be a hit across Europe and I believe it will. Or even Canada. But for the USA, I'm afraid it will score in a place between #40-60 and then it will start declining. If Celine had the swag (a crappy music like JB, 1D, N.Minaj etc) , she would have a top 10 hit I would hate it if LMBTL doesn't make it big here in the States. I am trying to positive about it but what you are saying is soo true. I think our (U.S) system of the radio is screwed up. I hate that they go what they think will be popular instead of what has actual potential. Edited July 31, 2013 at 04:42 PM by Prima_Donna1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Nando Férri Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:59 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 04:59 PM Am I the only one who is thinking that the high part where here voice *cracks* is meant to be? I think she wanted it to sound that raspy in a way... what do you guys think? If she really wanted she could have done that way more clearlyof couse it is for purpose. That's still the damm Celine Dion. Specially in studio, she could sound as clear as she (and they) wanted to. Being very honest, I still like the note more on the live version, when it sounds even more raspy. In THIS case, it sounds fantastic! The song has the potential to be a hit across Europe and I believe it will. Or even Canada. But for the USA, I'm afraid it will score in a place between #40-60 and then it will start declining. If Celine had the swag (a crappy music like JB, 1D, N.Minaj etc) , she would have a top 10 hit The only thing that will stop a Top 10 in USA is the fact that Celine is over 40. But I would be very, very glad with a new top 40 for her. She doesn't have one since 2002. 1 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
Moleque20 Posted July 31, 2013 at 05:09 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 05:09 PM (edited) of couse it is for purpose. That's still the damm Celine Dion. Specially in studio, she could sound as clear as she (and they) wanted to. Being very honest, I still like the note more on the live version, when it sounds even more raspy. In THIS case, it sounds fantastic! The only thing that will stop a Top 10 in USA is the fact that Celine is over 40. But I would be very, very glad with a new top 40 for her. She doesn't have one since 2002. She couldn't score another top40 even when she was under 40! TC, IA, IDAN, HYEBIL, due to the pathetic career "choices" of Sony Edited July 31, 2013 at 05:09 PM by Moleque20 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
GoldenLeaf Posted July 31, 2013 at 05:35 PM Posted July 31, 2013 at 05:35 PM Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions, don't need to call it "rubbish" I can't believe you think her voice today is better than in 2002, when she came just from resting her vocal chords for 2 years! It's plain evident her voice was clear and well rested, something you can't say today because you can see yourself how she struggles many times to hit the notes! Can you tell me that her performances of "L'amour existe encore" today are better than the one she did in 2001 for the 11S??? Or the performance in Les plaines in 2008? Or the one she did in Montreal this year? Or even the one just 4 days ago in Les Plaines? Come on... you need a pair of new ears if you think her voice sounds better today than in 2002! 2001https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBVpityCloQ This performance from 2011 is better than her performance from 2001. Here the high notes are crytal clear and not rough(raspy) like the performance from september 2001. 2011http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saPC315xkPo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.