Taking Chances Posted November 5, 2013 at 03:19 PM Posted November 5, 2013 at 03:19 PM .. i keep finding myself singing "from the laughter of a child, to the tears of a grown man.. i just wanna lay my body down.." "Oooh, Let's Talk About Breakaway..." 3 Quote
Lian Posted November 5, 2013 at 03:42 PM Posted November 5, 2013 at 03:42 PM .. i keep finding myself singing "from the laughter of a child, to the tears of a grown man.. i just wanna lay my body down.." YES ME TOO!! 1 Quote http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/368/ploep.pngThe earth is our mother, we must take care of herThe earth is our mother, she will take care of us
gafsa Posted November 5, 2013 at 04:07 PM Posted November 5, 2013 at 04:07 PM (edited) This album reminds us a lot of Celines old songs Edited November 5, 2013 at 04:08 PM by gafsa 1 Quote
Jessyka Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:23 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:23 PM .. i keep finding myself singing "from the laughter of a child, to the tears of a grown man.. i just wanna lay my body down.." OMG, it fits perfectly! Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
anewdayhascome Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:28 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:28 PM :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
LuisMa Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:30 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:30 PM I have a feeling this is gonna be a European only single... 1 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:36 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:36 PM I have a feeling this is gonna be a European only single... I don't mind!!!! I've just heard it for the first time and I am amazed! :wub: :wub: Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
TommKat22 Posted November 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM For me, the beginning of Breakaway sounds like her early 80s French hits, I just get that vibe when I hear those opening notes! Haha 2 Quote Tommy
zuv Posted November 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM For me, the beginning of Breakaway sounds like her early 80s French hits, I just get that vibe when I hear those opening notes! Haha Same exact feeling. But just the beginning. 1 Quote
TommKat22 Posted November 9, 2013 at 02:28 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 02:28 AM Same exact feeling. But just the beginning. Yes, just that beginning part! Glad you agree! Quote Tommy
littleames Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:49 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:49 AM Just listened to this while eating a piece of pie and let me just say, I've never had so much attitude with a fork before. My dog was a little weirded out! 4 Quote
superstar85ca Posted November 9, 2013 at 08:28 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 08:28 AM I like this song but I hate the intro with that flute or whatever it is playing. Sounds so hokey Quote
matt987 Posted November 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM Posted November 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM She sang breakaway on stricly come dancing uk was amazing was the only song she sang willBe shown on tv in December 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 9, 2013 at 02:34 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 02:34 PM Just listened to this while eating a piece of pie and let me just say, I've never had so much attitude with a fork before. My dog was a little weirded out! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
EmmaCeline Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:04 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:04 PM Have to admit when i first heard the 30 second clip on amazon i was a bit unsure. i had a sure favourite (incredible) but after a few listens to the full track this is my runaway favourite for sure.im my opinion it's the best we've heard her in years. It flew into my top 10 favourite songs of all time. Now i can't stop listening to it. Quote
Shaun Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:07 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:07 PM Yeah, I've still only listened to 3 tracks off the album - LMBTL, SLS and Breakaway - and Breakaway is the one which I'm playing by far the most. Just love it. Can't wait to see a performance of it, live or not. And very clever of Sony to have this performance aired just before Christmas, it should drive sales again in the UK next month. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
rael1983 Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:08 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:08 PM She sang breakaway on stricly come dancing uk was amazing was the only song she sang willBe shown on tv in DecemberShe sang breakaway on stricly come dancing uk was amazing was the only song she sang willBe shown on tv in December Maybe "Incredible" will be the second single in USA and "Breakaway" in Europe. 1 Quote
mike_z Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:15 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:15 PM She sang breakaway on stricly come dancing uk was amazing was the only song she sang willBe shown on tv in December Why in december? I though the show was airing tonite? So tonite it will be interview only? Too bad she didn't sing LMBTL as Breakaway was lip-synched! Quote
ryba Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:45 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:45 PM Why in december? I though the show was airing tonite? So tonite it will be interview only? Too bad she didn't sing LMBTL as Breakaway was lip-synched!How do you know that Breakaway was lip-synched? Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:51 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 03:51 PM Completely fine with her lipping this song 1 Quote
mike_z Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:02 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:02 PM Completely fine with her lipping this song ME TOO 1 Quote
duri Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:12 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 05:12 PM Great news she was performing this song! Hope it could be single. 1 Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
garçon Posted November 9, 2013 at 06:36 PM Posted November 9, 2013 at 06:36 PM was this posted before? Quote
browseceline Posted November 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM Posted November 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM was this posted before? Yes it was how i found out about this sounding like ivy's breakaway 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Jeff Abbott Posted November 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM Posted November 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM (edited) I really think that Breakaway is her new I surrender (the only difference is that it's so much better) it screams instant classic, can't stop abusing playing that song and I don't really give a hoot if it's a cover or not, so glad she recorded that song Edited November 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM by Jeff Abbott 6 Quote
sazzlepop123 Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:14 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:14 PM I loveeee this song! It's so powerful! Quote http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/sarahlucy86/Celineandme12.jpg
mike_z Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:37 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:37 PM Some people are commenting on YouTube that she's been pitched and that she sounds a little bit like Minnie Mouse... I knew it wasn't a good idea! The more natural, the better! she could well hit those notes, especially in the studio, they did it out of laziness. And yeah as someone said, it's not on the verses, just the choruses. 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted November 12, 2013 at 07:54 AM Posted November 12, 2013 at 07:54 AM So was the performance live or lipped? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Taking Chances Posted November 12, 2013 at 07:57 AM Posted November 12, 2013 at 07:57 AM Maybe "Incredible" will be the second single in USA and "Breakaway" in Europe. I'm fine with that. That's perfect actually. Completely fine with her lipping this song Why? I don't want her to lip this song, I want to see how she sings it live. Quote
A cause, A cause Posted November 12, 2013 at 01:31 PM Posted November 12, 2013 at 01:31 PM I don't know if anyone else feels this way but for me Breakaway has a connection with Think Twice. It's kind of like the other side of that story. The alternate version, both are love songs but they are bittersweet. In Think Twice she is begging her lover not to leave her, and in Breakaway she is the one who knows she should leave. Think Twice didn't do well in the US and I have a feeling Breakaway might be the same. But I think just like Think Twice it could be a smash in the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe. We get that kind of darker love song much more I think. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.