Cheerfuljane Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:14 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:14 PM I'm surprised she even knows Skype. I bet she has learned a lot from RC But she should also know it from Oprah. Quote
Sofie Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:22 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:22 PM Thank you Belle Céline for the scans, all the translators and everone else who posted things! That was an amazing interview! I'm so happy, it's amazing! "And the world thought I had it all, but I was waiting for TWO" Quote
ladylindsey Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:38 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:38 PM 1) Maman Dion is on tour- j'adore! 2) She was worried if he was cold at school...omg! 3) What the heck is happening March 12th??????!!!!! Quote
Belle Céline Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:43 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 08:43 PM did she actually say waiting for two? Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
CelineDionFan710 Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:06 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:06 PM Yes i think she shouldve know from oprah, but not sure. 7 weeks is a very long time to be away from the class. But i hope that he is having fun. yes early november. Yes thanks for all of the scans they are amazing and im glad we finally got an update on celine. and so in love with the article Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
Claudette Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:10 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:10 PM So I've noticed that the scans are not in the correct order, so I translated it in the wrong order. But I'll put the whole translation together in the correct order for you guys when I'm done. I'll see how far I get tonight... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Davey84 Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:11 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:11 PM Sorry if this might have already been posted, but I just came across this tweet from Robin Leach: "Celine's new show opens March 15 but she has something extraordinarily special set for March 12. More later!!!!! Twins expected early Nov. "about 4 hours ago via web Wonder what that could be?? Guess we will have to wait and see. maybe it IS the release day of the new english album it could be the christening... but I doubt she'll do that just 3 days before the show premieres! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CelineDionFan710 Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:31 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:31 PM ok i dont think we are all in a hurry! On TV? the special. maybe you never know! she might. I guess we will have to wait and see Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
SensationalCeline Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:35 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 09:35 PM Thank you so much for posting the scans! I must say that I can translate a little bit of it thanks to my beginning french class and I'm so happy that Celine is doing well. Does it say how much weight she has gained or did she offer?? Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
smash Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM It says she has gained 33lbs so far. Still about 2 months to go, maybe a bit less. :wub: Quote
MJaque Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM Oh God, thanks...I've been waiting for this pic for a long time...the cuttest pic ever..... Quote
genbidi1 Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM thanks again for the scans CAN'T GET OVER IT Quote GENNI B.
C_Airin_D Posted September 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM Posted September 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM THANK YOU ALL!! I haven't finished reading yet, but i want to say THANKS to everyone, who make this get to us!! :flowers: Quote Want! Believe! Be patient! The only way for your dreams to come true!
BLM Posted September 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM (edited) ET and Access Hollywood TV shows shared the 7 Jours Cover Photo Story this evening Not sure if this has been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOs5ENCUKQ Edited September 4, 2010 at 12:06 AM by Bubba Quote
Kerry Elizabeth Posted September 4, 2010 at 03:21 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 03:21 AM Thank you for the scans and thank you for translating the article! Quote Boston, August 12th & 13th 2008 & MSG, Sept 15th 2008, Montreal February 13th, 2009 Check out my Celine Videos From Boston and NYChttp://www.youtube.com/madison52578
CelineDionFan710 Posted September 4, 2010 at 03:49 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 03:49 AM ET and Access Hollywood TV shows shared the 7 Jours Cover Photo Story this evening Not sure if this has been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOs5ENCUKQ Yes i saw that it was sooo koool. Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
JP Posted September 4, 2010 at 05:02 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 05:02 AM (edited) ET and Access Hollywood TV shows shared the 7 Jours Cover Photo Story this evening Not sure if this has been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOs5ENCUKQI was blown away they said the "7 Jours" in french!! Even if i don't respect this magazine, it's Montreal in ET I want to know what Celine is doing!! What book she reads, what movie she watch, what tv show! Edited September 4, 2010 at 05:03 AM by JP Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
ashleylovesceline Posted September 4, 2010 at 05:47 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 05:47 AM Thank you so much for the scans and the translations. It literally would've taken me days to translate, so thank you for saving me a big headache! awww Ashley..."And the world thought I had it all, but I was waiting for TWO" Ashley, your signature is terrific!!!! i love ashleys signature"And the world thought I had it all, but I was waiting for TWO" Awww. Thanks! I was listening to ANDHC while I was downloading the pictures and it just came to me. Quote
Ccile Posted September 4, 2010 at 07:54 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 07:54 AM Thank you so much for these scans!!! It's so good to hear from her!!! I can't wait for the tv special on november!! Quote http://www.sarahjparker.com/gallery/albums/films/SexandtheCity2/stills/normal_008.jpg The girls are back!!!!
celinian Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:34 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:34 AM Thank you guys for putting up those scans and translations. I'v been following this forum for quite some time now, and it's great to see how much you people love Celine. I think she's a great role model for us girls - allowing 7 Jours to publish a no-makeup photo of hers on the cover and putting her child(ren) before everything else. What I don't understand though is why she wants to go back to Vegas? It can't be the money... She should just stay at home, record a brilliant song every once in a while and enjoy her life. Quote
the power of celine Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:49 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:49 AM and here is what everyone has been waiting for!!!and a brief bit about the article, also Thank you to Marie Jo for buying and scanning this for me! the title reads: "les confidences d'une mere comblee" ..."the confidence of a mother that as everything she wished for" (loosely translated... lol) in general it says that she is doing well , she's in "total rest" , not bed rest , doctors orders , she listening ,she says she not walking , even in the house she said:" It's not bed rest but let's just say that i've tried all the couches in the house , LOL"the doctors don't want her to walk because her belly is too heavy , wish causes premature contractions , she doesn't even go in the pool anymore , taking care of her babies is her only job right now.she plans on breastfeeding!when asked what she would title a parenting book if she ever wrote one , she said :" I would call it live and let live! "...p.s. she's not planning on writing a book.about Rene-Charles , she says that he loves going to school ,when she does Vegas he's gonna miss 7 weeks of school (the whole family is going with Celine to Vegas) , but they'll use "Skype" so Rene-Charles can still follow class. http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc351/th_43665_Celine7joursCover_122_351lo.jpg http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc599/th_43729_7jours_1_122_599lo.jpg http://img41.imagevenue.com/loc565/th_43783_7jours_2_122_565lo.jpg http://img279.imagevenue.com/loc138/th_43829_7jours_3_122_138lo.jpg http://img172.imagevenue.com/loc356/th_43873_7jours_4_122_356lo.jpg http://img198.imagevenue.com/loc162/th_43914_7jours_5_122_162lo.jpg http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc219/th_43959_7jours_6_122_219lo.jpg http://img280.imagevenue.com/loc419/th_44000_7jours_7_122_419lo.jpg http://img170.imagevenue.com/loc391/th_44048_7jours_8_122_391lo.jpg thanks soooo much for the pics Quote http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2493/wmagsigblackwhite.png
the power of celine Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:50 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 08:50 AM Thanks for the scans! The photographer is Richard Gauthier who also photographed Celine and Rene-Charles when he was still just a toddler, so that's quite nice too. You might remember his shots: http://i56.tinypic.com/5e635d.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/s5fw41.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/25ps40w.jpg thanks Thomas for these Quote http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2493/wmagsigblackwhite.png
cmcdaori Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM (edited) I'm surprised she even knows Skype. Hahahaha.. WHEN WE BEGAN THE INTERVIEW, YOU WELCOMED RENÉ-CHARLES BACK FROM SCHOOL. DO YOU THINK HE CHANGED A LOT SINCE HE STARTED REGULAR SCHOOL WITH OTHER CHILDREN? Since he was little he has been a child who adapts to all situations. Sure he has always been with us but, nevertheless, I am really proud of this little boy. He saw many things. He shared his parents often, shared his mother veeeeery often. I wondered what would happen when he starts school. He attended his classes on tour in China, with a tutor who sits on the couch with you, at an hour which was appropriate for him, it is really different, the uniform, discipline and being seated at a desk all day. I thus anticipated this moment with a little concern and when he began school, the past year, it was really, really touching! He had to cut his hair because there was a rule at school stating that hair must be a certain length. I told him that that was what people who have a job and have to wear uniform have to do. They must cut their hair, because it is a regulation at their work. He had a choice: if he did not want to cut his hair, we'll send him to another school. It's been quite an adjustment: the uniform, getting up early... Hie had a show business schedule, this small boy. He waited for his mom, he got up late, we lived together. His life has completely changed. He has two lives, like us. When school begins, a few days before we go to sleep early and we get up very early, but when it's holiday, we sleep late and we wake up late, eat when hungry. I put the discipline aside; schedules are more flexible during the holidays, we give pleasure and we do not look at the time. He does so well in school, and he loves it. Moreover, on this subject, when we toured around the world, people said to me: ''You cannot do a tour after Vegas, that makes no sense. But I did not want René-Charles to begin school, make friends, have his small life, have his own success (not ''me, my mother... '' or ''me, my father... '') and then the following year we go away on tour. No yoyo! I said to myself: ''We go on tour, and we do it immediately.'' I return, my son goes to school, it is my priority, after that, we can live around his schedule, he will miss only seven weeks of school when I am in Las Vegas, but he will follow the classes with Skype. That, that seemed to me like a good compromise. Where is the rest??? Edited September 4, 2010 at 10:16 AM by cmcdaori Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Claudette Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM I'm busy putting the whole thing together. Be patient guys, It is coming soon... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
drove all night Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM (edited) I'm busy putting the whole thing together. Be patient guys, It is coming soon... You are such darling! Thank you! Edited September 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM by drove all night Quote
cmcdaori Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM Thanx Claudette. I didnt know u were translating. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Claudette Posted September 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM Posted September 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM (edited) So here is the full translation, except for the last page (looks like it is about the tour and DVDs), which I'll do later. I hope the pages are in the correct order now since it is a bit difficult to figure out the order of the pages from the scans... There might be some mistakes, so please feel free to correct me. CELINE CONFIDENCE OF THE FULFILLED MOTHER THE STAR OF THE SONG CÉLINE DION IS RESTING IN HER NEW RESIDENCE AT JUPITER ISLAND, IN FLORIDA, WHILE AWAITING THE ARRIVAL OF HER TWINS, DUE NOVEMBER. FROM NOW UNTIL THE BIRTH SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY PROFESSIONAL OBLIGATIONS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TWO DUETS SHE RECORDED A FEW WEEKS AGO, Y'A PAS DE MOTS, WITH MARC DUPRÉ, AND VOLER, WITH MICHEL SARDOU. IN MARCH 2011, SHE WILL PRESENT A NEW SHOW CONSISTING OF HER HITS AND SONGS FROM HOLLYWOOD FILMS IN THE COLOSSEUM OF CAESARS PALACE, IN LAS VEGAS. VERY GENEROUSLY, SHE ACCEPTED TO OPEN UP TO THE READERS OF 7 JOURS. SHE CONFIDED IN ME, MOTHER OF FAMILY TO MOTHER OF FAMILY, WITH A LOT OF HUMOR AND WITH THE OUTSPOKENNESS THAT WE KNOW SO WELL. HELLO CÈLINE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO TALK TO US. HOW ARE YOU? Okay! Everyone is well. It is a pregnancy that is very, very different from the first. There are two little babies in my belly, it is much heavier. It is another adventure, but it is still a great privilege and a beautiful miracle to carry life inside you. I think that there is nothing more beautiful or greater than that. It is difficult to describe, but... did you have children? I HAVE A SON OF TWO AND A HALF YEARS, WHO I HAD AT 42 YEARS, A LITTLE LIKE YOU. Really! I am certain that you are fulfilled. TOTALLY! BUT, TWO CHILDREN, IT'S A LOT OF WORK! HOW DID THE PROCESS THAT LED TO THIS GOOD NEWS HAPPEN? (At this point, Céline interrupts the interview to embrace Rene-Charles, who returns from school. She spoke very gently: ''I love you, my little duck. Mum did an interview.'') Rene and I, we do not live in a dream or in a bubble. We were quite aware that this is not easy to get pregnant, but we hoped to carry a child for a second time. But after the fifth test, we thought: ''Maybe it does not work anymore. I had been blessed by the gods already.'' With Rene-Charles, the in vitro fertilization worked the first time. For us, he is a miracle child. He gave us a an amazing balance! This is all my happiness. Before having Rene-Charles, I thought: ''Maybe I can not have children.'' We tried for six years, you're very lucky, you have lots of things around you, maybe you can not have more. Maybe that's my balance, not to have children... AS WE SAY, DO NOT AIM FOR BLESSED BREAD. ( I have no clue whether or not that is the correct version of the saying, maybe someone else has a better version) One does it anyway, one should not make oneself insane with it. But it is necessary nevertheless to say to yourself: ''Let us push the nature that offers ways of helping us a little. So we tried IVF. But after the fifth attempt, I asked myself: At the moment, what's the number? Where is it going to stop? THE DOCTOR TOLD ME: ''I AM NOT WORRIED THAT YOU'LL GET PREGNANT, I AM WORRIED THAT YOU WOULD BE TOO PREGNANT!'' I WAS CRAZY WITH JOY. RENÉ CRIED. IT WAS AN INDESCRIBABLE HAPPINESS. WAS IT A MOMENT OF DISCOURAGEMENT? Never. I was sad when it did not work, but I resumed immediately. I regained my composure quickly. What I found most difficult, is that I had a commitment (for a series of shows in Las Vegas) that we pushed back all the time. And I saw time knocking on my door. It was not just a question of my age... But there were commitments that were made and were pushed back all the time, saying: ''We can not at the moment, it did not work.'' In fact, the first attempt seemed successful, but it did not work. Newspapers seized the story and headlined: ''Celine expecting a child'', but a few weeks later, I was no longer pregnant. It was so disturbing... I did not want to put pressure on myself, I wanted to live it like all women: wait three months and hope for the best. Finally, the sixth time, we said: ''There is nothing medically, nothing physically wrong. We'll have to ask ourselves if we try again or not.'' It was at this time that Julie Snyder advised me to try acupuncture. I had a lot of confidence in her and I had nothing to lose. I put in all my bets. I stayed in New York for nearly two months while with the other attempts, I had the embryo transferred and I immediately after flew back to Florida. ''AFTER THE FIFTH ATTEMPT, I WONDERED, WHAT IS THE NUMBER? ONE STOPS WHERE?'' IS THAT WHAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOU? We do not know. Was it 50% acupuncture? 50% of the rest? I do not want to know. It worked, so bravo acupuncture, bravo Dr. Rosenwaks! Bravo New York! When I left New York, I flew and I felt that I had deflated... I was hysterical, I was regreting taking the plane. I was panicking. I repeated to myself: ''Calm down, you're the mother of the family after all. (laughs) You must be strong!" When I arrived home in Florida, I was crying. I told myself: "I think I had a little belly yesterday, but then, I flew and I think that I'm not pregnant.'' Rene tried to reassure me by telling me he would call the doctor and ask him to come and see me. I said: "Even if he looks at my belly, what do you want him to do? He will not see through it!" I wanted to know. I do not want the doctor to come over and just reassure me, I was panicking. When the doctor told me he would come and see me, I thought: "Do not just come over to make small talk with me, I do not want anyone to talk to me. I want to know whether or not I'm pregnant!'' When he arrived at the house with a syringe, it was 10 p.m., I'm not lying to you! He did a blood test and immediately went to the hospital to do the analyses, I wanted to give him a big kiss! I answered him: ''You did many things for me, but you cannot know what you are doing for me this evening, right now!'' I had six telephones on the bed with René, the cellular ones connected in the wall, the house telephone, etc. I had telephones! (laughter) When it rang, there was no question, I was gonna answer. René took the apparatus... I hoped so much... And he just said: ''Yes.'' When René said to the doctor on the other end of the line: ''I'll pass Céline to you.'' I knew it was a good sign because René would have cried if the answer was negative. The doctor said to me: ''You are not pregnant, you are too pregnant. Now to please me, lay down will you.'' The summer was such an adventure! Finally, we hoped for one small heart... and there are two of them! DID HE ANNOUNCE THE SAME NIGHT THAT YOU HAD TWO OR JUST THAT IT WORKED? Even in New York, they saw two small black dots. Before being told that I was pregnant, the doctors looked at one another: ''Oh my God, did it work this time, or what!'' The doctor told me: ''I'm not requiring you to be too pregnant!'' (Laughter) We were overjoyed. Rene cried. I could not speak. It was an indescribable happiness: we hoped for one saying that perhaps it would not work... and now we had not one, but two! ''I DO NOT WALK IN THE HOUSE FOR NO REASON. I WILL NO LONGER SWIM. I PUT ALL THE ODDS ON MY SIDE. I AM NOT CONFINED TO BED, BUT LET'S JUST SAY I'VE TESTED ALL THE COUCHES IN THE HOUSE!'' ARE YOU ON COMPLETE BEDREST AT THE REQUEST OF THE DOCTORS? Since two or three days ago, they do not want me to walk too much because it's fairly heavy. I have false contractions, and they do not want me to stimulate the uterus too much. They do not want to take risks, and I do not want to take risks either. Anyway, my job is to be a mother, and I want to do it properly. I have lots of help for other things, making sure I do not take chances. This is the final call. I do not walk in the house for no reason. I will no longer swim. I put all the odds on my side. I'm not bedridden, but let's just say I've tried all the sofas in the house! (Laughter) WILL YOUR MOTHER JOIN YOU? My mother works so much, she does not stop. I told myself that one day she would relax after raising her entire family, but it is the opposite. She did her job as a mother and put everything that she wanted to do aside. She said: ''When they are big, I'll treat myself.'' She began to work, she toured, knits, sews, cooks, talks to seniors... then she'll take a walk outside! My mother has a lot of energy and is working harder than ever. She had to say: ''I dealt with your father until the end because he really needed me, but I am a free woman now. My family is independent, and I can do what I want.'' She flourishes, makes friends. She came to see me twice already in Florida, including once in my new home. She is eager to finish her tour. Me, when you say to me that I'm going on tour, I hyperventilate! My mother said: ''Well, tomorrow I'm going to 10 cities, so I'll prepare 10 kits.'' Once the tour is completed, she will come to see me. Hopefully I do not give birth too early! ''I WANT MY MOTHER TO BE WITH ME ALL THE TIME! I LOVE HER, AND WE HAVE A SUPER BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP.'' SHE WAS NOT THERE FOR THE BIRTH OF RENÉ-CHARLES. IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU THAT SHE IS THERE FOR THE ARRIVAL OF THE TWINS? I wish my mother could be with me all the time! I love her, and we have a super beautiful relationship. She was not there for the arrival of René-Charles, first, because I gave birth three weeks early, and, secondly, because the day of delivery she was in Paris having dinner face to face with Eddy Marnay! She was not in trouble! But she rather would have wanted to be there from the beginning. Nature decided otherwise. With twins, you can give birth three weeks or a month or even two months before the due date. So I'll try to keep my side of it all, and she'll try to do her tour as quickly as possible! If I give birth while she is away, she will take the next train. When it happens, they will not be in college! YOU'VE SPOKEN ABOUT THESE PROFESSIONAL OBLIGATIONS IN 2011 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT RETURNING TO SHOW AND FAMILY-LIFE? OR PERHAPS YOU PREFER NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT… We will ask the children to do the first part of the show! (Laughs) That way, I'll have time to do my hair properly and go on stage in my own time... No, seriously, it is definitely a short rest after childbirth, especially for twins. I cannot not think about it: I've always been someone who thinks of the next event, who prepares for the next blow. My plan is simple. Right now, I do my job of being a mom the best I can, it's my priority. René-Charles is very lucky to have my sister Linda, who is his second mother, his godmother, so I do not worry about René-Charles. For the commitments in Las Vegas, we live around his school schedule. But I'm used to the idea that I can not do everything and I can not be everywhere at once and have six children under my skirt... Finally, my mother would say the opposite: ''There is a lot of room underneath the skirt!'' (Laughter) YOU WANT TO NURSE YOUR TWINS. THAT IS A WHOLE ADVENTURE THAT YOU'RE GOING TO EMBARK ON! I FIND THAT ADMIRABLE! I'll try. (Laughs) It's undoubtedly my plan A, my first goal. But I thought about it: in the night, I can not take 45 minutes per child. They wake up every two hours, I must change their diapers, the pajamas are wet, I must change them, I have to wash them a bit, I have to rock them... I can not tell them go to sleep now! I like children, I like it when they fall asleep on me. I do not want to tell them: ''Drink your milk. Num-num! It's over.'' I like that breastfeeding is a special moment, but if I have to feed one after another, I'll never sleep again. So I'm going to find a technique. At night I'll nurse them both at the same time, during the day I'll have a choice. Maybe my sister Linda will bathe one while I nurse the second. I love it when your child puts his little hand on the edge of your breast and you look at him after he stopped sucking and he gives you a big smile. Hoooooon! That's impossible! Anyway, I do not panic, because I tell myself that the best thing is to nurse children, and the worst thing is to nurse children. WHAT DO YOU MEAN? When everything goes well and you have no problem with your breasts, no one is stressed, then it is the best solution. But when stress sets in, you cannot see the end of the tunnel, you haven't shower for two days, nursing is perhaps not ideal. I do not like what breastfeeding requires. You can tell young mothers today that it is a privilege, there is nothing better. But when mom is super stressed out, she has sore breasts, the mother-in-law is not there, the oldest needs attention, what are you suppose to do? You give the bottle, and the father baths the oldest. At one point, we need you to make choices. You should not go crazy with it. When you need help, the help they should offer you is not to deal with one child. They should offer to do your housework, make meals, and perhaps do a load or two of laundry. Not care for your child while you go to the restaurant. Anyway, I will stop talking... (Laughter) YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK ON HOW TO RAISE CHILDREN! MINE IS TWO AND A HALF YEARS, AND I'M STILL BREASTFEEDING... You're lucky, so lucky! THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO MAKE COMMENTS, I LET THEM TALK... It is tiresome thinking about what others think... and say... ''Oh, it is tiiiiiiring!'' Me, I would write a book and call it Live and let live. CELINE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY. WE APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO DO THIS INTERVIEW FOR THE READERS OF 7 JOURS, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT YOU ARE RESTING. GOOD LUCK WITH THE END OF YOUR PREGNANCY! Good luck with your boy and enjoy this great happiness! YOU WILL HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY CHILDREN. I hope so! It's super nice. RENÉ-CHARLES RETURNS TO SCHOOL... WHEN WE BEGAN THE INTERVIEW, YOU WELCOMED RENÉ-CHARLES BACK FROM SCHOOL. DO YOU THINK HE CHANGED A LOT SINCE HE STARTED REGULAR SCHOOL WITH OTHER CHILDREN? Since he was little he has been a child who adapts to all situations. Sure he has always been with us but, nevertheless, I am really proud of this little boy. He saw many things. He shared his parents often, shared his mother veeeeery often. I wondered what would happen when he starts school. He attended his classes on tour in China, with a tutor who sits on the couch with you, at an hour which was appropriate for him, it is really different, the uniform, discipline and being seated at a desk all day. I thus anticipated this moment with a little concern and when he began school, the past year, it was really, really touching! He had to cut his hair because there was a rule at school stating that hair must be a certain length. I told him that that was what people who have a job and have to wear uniform have to do. They must cut their hair, because it is a regulation at their work. He had a choice: if he did not want to cut his hair, we'll send him to another school. It's been quite an adjustment: the uniform, getting up early... Hie had a show business schedule, this small boy. He waited for his mom, he got up late, we lived together. His life has completely changed. He has two lives, like us. When school begins, a few days before we go to sleep early and we get up very early, but when it's holiday, we sleep late and we wake up late, eat when hungry. I put the discipline aside; schedules are more flexible during the holidays, we give pleasure and we do not look at the time. He does so well in school, and he loves it. Moreover, on this subject, when we toured around the world, people said to me: ''You cannot do a tour after Vegas, that makes no sense.'' But I did not want René-Charles to begin school, make friends, have his small life, have his own success (not ''me, my mother... '' or ''me, my father... '') and then the following year we go away on tour. No yoyo! I said to myself: ''We go on tour, and we do it immediately.'' I return, my son goes to school, it is my priority, after that, we can live around his schedule, he will miss only seven weeks of school when I am in Las Vegas, but he will follow the classes with Skype. That, that seemed to me like a good compromise. THAT IS THE TRUTH, THEY MAKE FRIENDS, AND IT BECOMES THE CENTER OF THEIR UNIVERSE. YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THEM FROM THAT. Yes, but there was something else. I did not want to hear him say at 14 years: ''Oh! too bad it's show business!'' You do not want your child to say that he could not do this or that, because his mother was in show business. I do not want him missing opportunities. I want him to see only the good side: ''I got to travel, because my mother was in show business.'' But we must live like it is suppose to be, because I see many children behind the scenes at the hairdresser's, the make-up artist's... You see a lot of that. They say: ''Mom will go to her show, stay there.'' And then, another day, another person takes care of them. I am sorry, but René-Charles, when he comes to see mom's show, I say: ''It's your show too.'' There is someone at home taking care of him, and it is his godmother, Linda. He will be in his house in his element, playing with his toys. And if he comes to see me sing, it will be his choice. DURING ALL THESE YEARS RENÉ-CHARLES HAS BEEN VERY CLOSE TO YOU. WHEN HE LEFT FOR HIS FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, YOU HAD TO BE TORN BY THE SEPARATION... I teared a little. Of course, I cried a little, but not in front of him! I was going to take him to school every morning and pick him up every afternoon. I just wanted to make sure he was well, I worried so much... ''Was he cold?''... ''I put a sweater in the bottom of his bag, I hope he will remember.'' I was so afraid he is dying of hunger... and thirst... and cold. (Laughs) We are so worried about these things. But he is doing very well, and I'm super proud of him! Edited September 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
WendyB Posted September 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM Posted September 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM Thank you so much for providing us with the scans Belle Céline (and your friend, Marie Jo) and a big thank you too to Claudette and Brody-Celine for the translation. It's great to see Céline looking so healthy and happy Quote
celinedionfan1 Posted September 4, 2010 at 02:04 PM Posted September 4, 2010 at 02:04 PM Thank u so much for the translation, Claudette Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Claudette Posted September 4, 2010 at 02:07 PM Posted September 4, 2010 at 02:07 PM (edited) Reading through the full interview again after I translated it just warms my heart. What an incredible lady Céline is. After everything she went through and to still be able to laugh and joke about it... You gotta love her sense of humour. I still can't get over the fact that she thought her belly had deflated... And the love she has for her mom is beautiful. Céline is just beautiful from the inside-out... Celine makes my soooo happy! Stay strong Céline, you are almost there! Edit: It is my pleasure guys. It was good practice... Edited September 4, 2010 at 02:18 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.