samart Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM (edited) Thanks for the article! Very intertesting read. And that's what the film documents. A severe throat disorder caused her to shut the tour down for several weeks and undergo treatment during which she had to face the possibility of never singing again. "Would that have destroyed me? No, Richard. I love to sing. I cherish the gift that God has given me. But there is more to my life than that." What treatment did she undergo that could have destroyed her voice? I did not know that. I don't think thay meant the treatment could've destroyed her voice, I suppose they were talking about the throat disorder. It was probably more serious than we thought and there was no 100% guarantee she would be back on top... Edited February 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM by samart Quote
andreaB Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM Here's an amazingly beautiful article about the movie and more:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music...ne-dion#article Thanks for the article. WOW cant wait to see it. Quote http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/celine58/celine_dion_34277t.jpgLets Talk About Love Tour - Wembley July 1999Taking Chances Tour - Birmingham 10th May 2008Las Vegas 24th July 2012http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/110/2206/20120724/See+Celine+in+Las+Vegas/ticker.png
vroni Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM off to see it for the second time yay! Quote My Taking Chances Tour 22 June München 08 July Genève 10 February Quebec City 12, 14, 15 February Montréal 15, 16 March 2011 LAS VEGAS
Frida Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM Here's an amazingly beautiful article about the movie and more:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music...ne-dion#article "Oh yes, it's `Over the Rainbow' time, baby," she exults, "and I'm going to love it." Aaaah, wouldn't it be lovely to hear her sing that? Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
fred Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:07 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:07 PM (edited) Here's an amazingly beautiful article about the movie and more:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music...ne-dion#article "Oh yes, it's `Over the Rainbow' time, baby," she exults, "and I'm going to love it." Aaaah, wouldn't it be lovely to hear her sing that? /fred Edited February 20, 2010 at 01:09 PM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Claudette Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:16 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:16 PM Thanks for the article! Very intertesting read. And that's what the film documents. A severe throat disorder caused her to shut the tour down for several weeks and undergo treatment during which she had to face the possibility of never singing again. "Would that have destroyed me? No, Richard. I love to sing. I cherish the gift that God has given me. But there is more to my life than that." What treatment did she undergo that could have destroyed her voice? I did not know that. I don't think thay meant the treatment could've destroyed her voice, I suppose they were talking about the throat disorder. It was probably more serious than we thought and there was no 100% guarantee she would be back on top... My guess is that he is blowing it up a bit. He's probably talking about the fact that she risked damaging her voice the few times she performed while being sick... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
René 2 Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:25 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 01:25 PM off to see it for the second time yay! coool you're so lucky ! It's hard for us to know that the movie is out and we can't see it in our countries Quote
Frida Posted February 20, 2010 at 02:45 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 02:45 PM Here's an amazingly beautiful article about the movie and more:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music...ne-dion#article "Oh yes, it's `Over the Rainbow' time, baby," she exults, "and I'm going to love it." Aaaah, wouldn't it be lovely to hear her sing that? /fred Not sure if you meant to link to Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra, but I do know that she sang the song in the 80's, I meant to hear it live in Vegas (or playback if you will ) Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
zuv Posted February 20, 2010 at 04:44 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 04:44 PM I'm leaving in 15 min to go see the MOVIEEEE Can't wait!!! Quote
Claudette Posted February 20, 2010 at 04:55 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 04:55 PM I'm so jealous of you guys. We have to wait till end April. Love reading all the reviews! Keep them coming... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Moee Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:03 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:03 PM Hey everyone, I saw the movie on the 17th of February. It was AmAzING!! Can't wait for the DVD. I hope we will get the FULL concert on DVD because the film only shows snippets of the show. I'm glad that the actual ABMS performance that was given out as a Sneak peek from the movie didn't end out in the movie. They actually included the ABMS performance the day Celine was sick and IMO it was better than the one previewed. I'm sad that they didn't show ANY footage of the meeting with Mandella; they only showed pictures of him with Celine but no video? wonder why? The Oprah meeting was DULL as hell; the first thing Oprah says to Celine when she meets her "I thought u were going to take a break?!" I was like Who says that when u know ALREADY know that she was going to do a TC tour. I loved the Africa part of the movie; I loved the adventures she made in the safari and how CELINE entered first into the cage of the lions. and finally and that can be off topic but i'm glad I got unbanned. thx Koolan. Quote
ruglet Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:05 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:05 PM Thanks for the article! Very intertesting read. And that's what the film documents. A severe throat disorder caused her to shut the tour down for several weeks and undergo treatment during which she had to face the possibility of never singing again. "Would that have destroyed me? No, Richard. I love to sing. I cherish the gift that God has given me. But there is more to my life than that." What treatment did she undergo that could have destroyed her voice? I did not know that. I don't think thay meant the treatment could've destroyed her voice, I suppose they were talking about the throat disorder. It was probably more serious than we thought and there was no 100% guarantee she would be back on top... My guess is that he is blowing it up a bit. He's probably talking about the fact that she risked damaging her voice the few times she performed while being sick... Was she really sick? can you see in the movie? or was it more voice problems type of thing, like straining her voice so it faultered. What I mean is was she sick, like properly sick feel like crap cough cold etc and as a result have voice problems or was it just voice problems caused by overuse of the voice? Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:12 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:12 PM There's word of this docu getting screened in my country soon. A WW release after all?? Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Claudette Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:16 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:16 PM (edited) Ruglet: I haven't seen the movie, but apparantly there are lots of footage of the sick bit in the movie. If I remember back from that time, articles and her website said that she had some respiratory infection, which later caused inflamation in her vocal chords. Don't know if that is what they say in the movie though. P.S. You typed your comment in my quote... Edited February 20, 2010 at 05:17 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ruglet Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:24 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:24 PM Was she really sick? can you see in the movie? or was it more voice problems type of thing, like straining her voice so it faultered. What I mean is was she sick, like properly sick feel like crap cough cold etc and as a result have voice problems or was it just voice problems caused by overuse of the voice? Quote
minolli Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:59 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 05:59 PM She definitely seemed genuinely sick -- there were spots, especially in Phoenix, where it was very obvious that she could hardly even speak, and it was certainly more than just a tired voice. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
JCeline85 Posted February 20, 2010 at 06:22 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 06:22 PM Was she really sick? can you see in the movie? or was it more voice problems type of thing, like straining her voice so it faultered. What I mean is was she sick, like properly sick feel like crap cough cold etc and as a result have voice problems or was it just voice problems caused by overuse of the voice? she was definitely sick.. she had tears in her eyes and was indeed sick.. you see the entire doctors visit with them shoving a tube/camera down her throat to show her vocal chords.. and they show her before the Phoenix show and she barely had a voice but did the show anyway.. Quote The Wait Is Over?
Claudette Posted February 20, 2010 at 06:30 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 06:30 PM (edited) So we know now she was sick, but what exactly was wrong with her? Did she had a cold, bronchitis, laryngitis... or some other -itis we cannot pronounce? I guess what we want to know is: do they mention what was wrong with her in the movie? Edited February 20, 2010 at 06:40 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
celineangel7 Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:26 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:26 PM If I don't see it this weekend, I will next weekend. I loved the previews more than the trailer on celinedion.com. I really want to experience it on a big screen with big sound and feel like I'm there again. :wub*Hope it doesn't sell out. My Indian roomie wants to come with to see it. I told her about her strong loving relationship with Rene and she was very touched and was reading through my For Keeps book. I told her about RC and she loves kids. I showed her the trailer and previews and she said it looks good. If she can't come, I told her whatever comes out on dvd we can watch. As long as I see it I'll be good. Quote * December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine! Dream #1 accomplished. While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily! She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus! She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me. I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80
vroni Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:31 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:31 PM saw it for the second time today and it didn't get boring at all, thinking of seeing it a third time but that would mean old bread and London tab water for the following week there were more ppl in the cinema this time, I'd say around 30. There were two older gentlemen (most likely over 65) and after the film they were like "Yeah that's a true superstar" haha I gave them a big smile. The three women sitting next to me kind of annoyed me, they didn't have a clue and kept asking questions throughout the movie @Claudette SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--the first time they went to see a doctor was when Celine said that her neck was giving her a hard time and that she found it difficult to relax. she felt that she was tense all the time and that the high notes were not a problem for her at all but that she had difficulties with the lows and simply wasn't able to do them anymore, and that she felt tense all the time. that's also where they examined her vocal chords and she said "I'm gonna flip soon, I tell ya"the second time was much more serious... she had been throwing up three or four times and wasn't feeling very well and she had no voice at all and she felt that she couldn't breathe, she said that by the time she went to the meet and greet before the show she wasn't able to finish her sentences anymore and that her heart had started to race. after the show she had thrown up but only mucus this time. then they put a tube through her nose to have a look and there was lots of mucus in her respiratory system/frontal sinus and it was inflamed, I'm not a hundred percent sure that's right because they didn't go into much detail and the doctor was french or quebecois and her english was a bit hard to understand and there were no subtitles hope that answers your question, feel free to ask more if you want Quote My Taking Chances Tour 22 June München 08 July Genève 10 February Quebec City 12, 14, 15 February Montréal 15, 16 March 2011 LAS VEGAS
Lou555 Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:47 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 07:47 PM (edited) So we know now she was sick, but what exactly was wrong with her? Did she had a cold, bronchitis, laryngitis... or some other -itis we cannot pronounce? I guess what we want to know is: do they mention what was wrong with her in the movie? SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--Yes they mention it, we see it and doctors talk about it among themselves and with Céline. They don't go into it so much for her being sick in Australia but when she had to postponed a lot of shows near the end, they do. In fact there are two or three sequences in the movie when they examine her and/or where they talk about what is wrong with her voice, throat and health. I guess one is about a really huge sinus inflammation and it appeared clear she couldn't go back on tour. Then, they're are some discussion between Céline and doctors about her not feeling well at all and everything that is going wrong. Clearly she's a fighter and also a very realistic woman who wants to give all she has but also knows all the stress she has endured through the years and that it's taking a toll on her throat and health. Sometimes her throat seems to be closing or something and she even has difficulty talking. As I'm not a medical expert, I'll leave it to that. It's pretty clear... and sad to watch it in the movie though. Edit : You explained it so much better, thanks. It is hard to recall everything in details. And yes the woman specialist from St-Luc Hospital had a pretty strong french québécois accent but I understood what she was saying though. It's funny at one point the other doctor corrected her english when she said "inflamated" I think. The other doctor said you should say "inflamed". It's the kind of english mistakes us french speaking quebecers do a lot. Edited February 20, 2010 at 08:09 PM by Lou555 Quote
Claudette Posted February 20, 2010 at 08:01 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 08:01 PM (edited) saw it for the second time today and it didn't get boring at all, thinking of seeing it a third time but that would mean old bread and London tab water for the following week there were more ppl in the cinema this time, I'd say around 30. There were two older gentlemen (most likely over 65) and after the film they were like "Yeah that's a true superstar" haha I gave them a big smile. The three women sitting next to me kind of annoyed me, they didn't have a clue and kept asking questions throughout the movie @Claudette SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--the first time they went to see a doctor was when Celine said that her neck was giving her a hard time and that she found it difficult to relax. she felt that she was tense all the time and that the high notes were not a problem for her at all but that she had difficulties with the lows and simply wasn't able to do them anymore, and that she felt tense all the time. that's also where they examined her vocal chords and she said "I'm gonna flip soon, I tell ya"the second time was much more serious... she had been throwing up three or four times and wasn't feeling very well and she had no voice at all and she felt that she couldn't breathe, she said that by the time she went to the meet and greet before the show she wasn't able to finish her sentences anymore and that her heart had started to race. after the show she had thrown up but only mucus this time. then they put a tube through her nose to have a look and there was lots of mucus in her respiratory system/frontal sinus and it was inflamed, I'm not a hundred percent sure that's right because they didn't go into much detail and the doctor was french or quebecois and her english was a bit hard to understand and there were no subtitles hope that answers your question, feel free to ask more if you want So we know now she was sick, but what exactly was wrong with her? Did she had a cold, bronchitis, laryngitis... or some other -itis we cannot pronounce? I guess what we want to know is: do they mention what was wrong with her in the movie? SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--Yes they mention it, we see it and doctors talk about it among themselves and with Céline. They don't go into it so much for her being sick in Australia but when she had to postponed a lot of shows near the end, they do. In fact there are two or three sequences in the movie when they examine her and/or where they talk about what is wrong with her voice, throat and health. I guess one is about a really huge sinus inflammation and it appeared clear she couldn't go back on tour. Then, they're are some discussion between Céline and doctors about her not feeling well at all and everything that is going wrong. Clearly she's a fighter and also a very realistic woman who wants to give all she has but also knows all the stress she has endured through the years and that it's taking a toll on her throat and health. Sometimes her throat seems to be closing or something and she even has difficulty talking. As I'm not a medical expert, I'll leave it to that. It's pretty clear... and sad to watch it in the movie though. Edit : You explained it so much better, thanks. It is hard to recall everything in details. Thanks guys for clearing it up for us. It sounds horrible. I don't think any of us actually had a clue what Celine went through during this tour. Many of us thought that her voice was just a bit tired, but it sounded like she was really really sick. I think it is good they included it in the movie. It will make people appreciate what she does more. Edit: Now I think I also understand why she had to go for treatment every second day during that time (I remember reading something about that a while back). She probably had to go for physiotherapy to remove all the mucus from her respiratory system. Edited February 20, 2010 at 08:24 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
robert sadler Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:21 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:21 PM (edited) Here's an amazingly beautiful article about the movie and more:http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music...ne-dion#article "Oh yes, it's `Over the Rainbow' time, baby," she exults, "and I'm going to love it." Aaaah, wouldn't it be lovely to hear her sing that? /fred Not sure if you meant to link to Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra, but I do know that she sang the song in the 80's, I meant to hear it live in Vegas (or playback if you will )How about cats just love the musicals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKeALU2JfUA...feature=related Edited February 20, 2010 at 09:22 PM by robert sadler Quote CELINE HAS AND ALWAYS WILL WIN THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS,CELINE RULES
idolfan05 Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:34 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:34 PM can't wait to see the movie tomorrow. Will post my thoughts afterwards Quote Sept.18,1998--Celine in ClevelandSept.24,2008-Celine in Cleveland(Taking Chances World Tour) Both indescribable! I had a Celineveland Experience!
zuv Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:58 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:58 PM (edited) Here are my thoughts about the movie, obviously there will be some SPOILERS I don't like to use that Special Spoiler Item. So stop reading me if you don't want to get spoiled 1. Where to start? The movie is 5 stars from the begining till the end!!!2. We got there 30 min in advance. LORD the theater was PACKED!!!!! Well its Quebec after all! I think people were there since like 9 this morning, the show was at 1oclock. We sat in the 2nd row. I didn't care at this point, all i wanted was to watch Celine! But we were six and few were pissed off. loll3. Perfect dosage of RC in the movie! I'm telling that, cause when i announced to my dad we would all go see the movie, the 1st thing he said was : "Great! Lets all go see a documentary about René-Charles!" Of course this comment was sarcastic,b/c Celine's interview are just (almost) about RC ! But he finally loved the whole movie.4. I have to say that i was glad that the movie didn't include any gay guys stereotypes (or maybe just a few). i'm not against gays at all, but i'm sick that people always refers the guys as gays just because they love Celine!!5. How cool was that, when the doctor replaced Celine's jaw???7. The italien girl fan part was grrrreat!!! I hope that part wasn't fake! If that was rehearsed Celine and the italian Girl are truly great actresses, but i doubt. (i say that because i think thats everyone's dream to meet celine this way and make it so unique like this, it was awesome)8. I just can't wait to get an MP3 version of It's a Man's Man's World!!!!9. Damn it, i can't remember!10. The movie made me laugh so much, surprised me all the way, made me emotional (which i was surprised too cause i never get emotional while watch movies)... i'm just soooooo proud of OUR Celine 11. Even haters would be amazed with this film!!! It made me regret even more for not going to her show!!12. I searched everywhere on youtube about the time when she fell after The Power of Love in Montreal! (cause i heard she did) But couldn't find anything. I loved they included it in the movie! Poor her though!13. Rene is just great, he's the man! lolll "They refuse tip" LOLLLL He's awesome!!14. I still think its weird to pay 16 bucks for a movie, but it was WORTH IT!!! Can't wait for the 3 hours version!!!15. I'm missing so much things that i thought were soo coooool, but i can't remember. It was just too much!! Edited February 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM by pyb Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:59 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 09:59 PM yes she was sick and i was a bit surprised that she dd the show but it was a good show. and i loved the movie Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
Belle Céline Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM (edited) Okay so can I just say I just got home from my showing of it and it was AMAZING! BLEW me away! I have some stuff to do off the computer so I can't post what I thought of it yet but I will and I'll try not to put any spoilers since some people haven't seen it or if I do I do spoiler tags BTW anyone else get a theater where the subtitles got cut off it was two at once? Like one sentence then another under it? The stupid screen cut off part of them so we couldn't read half of what was said. Also apparently I didn't realize it but I was reading the subtitles a bit to loud and my friend who went with me had to tell me to shut up. I was talking to loud As soon as we walked out my friend again said "I want to be Celine!" As soon it was over though we both agreed fully that it was well worth the fifteen bucks. Edited February 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM by Belle Céline Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
Lou555 Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM (edited) Here are my thoughts about the movie, obviously there will be some SPOILERS I don't like to use that Special Spoiler Item. So stop reading me if you don't want to get spoiled 7. The italien girl fan part was grrrreat!!! I hope that part wasn't fake! If that was rehearsed Celine and the italian Girl are truly great actresses, but i doubt. (i say that because i think thats everyone's dream to meet celine this way and make it so unique like this, it was awesome) No it wasn't rehearsed pyb , couldn't you tell? To me it was obvious it couldn't have been and I think this excitment by some fans is pretty common when meeting Céline. Of course, this meeting was special as it was unique and funny because of both their personnalities and their spontaneity. Don't you know already Pyb that this lucky Italian girl is a member on this forum? I think she has already posted some comments on this topic. Being from Italy, I think she said she didn't get the opportunity to watch the movie yet though. I'm so happy for her, she'll be able to keep forever a very special souvenir of their meeting and singing together on tape. Edited February 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM by Lou555 Quote
nuts2you Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM I saw it today with 5 ppl . going back tomorroww, The guy next to me was crying I guess, blowing his nose alot. I love the movie, brought back soooo many memorys, I see no ones talking about her home in Montreal, when they got back from the show... Quote
celinerific Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM Posted February 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM I saw the movie today! It was AMMAAAZZZINNNGGG! I feel so enlightened and warm and fuzzy inside! I love that woman. I almost died laughing though the "allergic reaction" bit. Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.