Timster Posted February 19, 2010 at 09:44 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 09:44 AM Only four people in the theatre including one dog, lol! SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir-- I'm not so sure anymore if I agree about the singing under the playbacks. It sounded so clear, but really all the songs did. I think they took audio of one concert, and used it for most of them. In PQTME, and IDAN, songs where multiple cities were shown, there was no difference really in how any of the sound sounded. It all sounded like one performance. And the audience was completely silent until the ending.....sounds like dubbing. And I can definitely say that in TPOL scene she was not singing it. She had the over-active jaw where she pretended she was doing vibratto and had the other tendencies. Those vocals either came from Montreal/Boston or the studio where the new playback was made. Anyway......... I loved IAMW performance. RDMH was actually slightly shortened... but nothing was cut out that actually matters. Just the ending where she sings the same part twice, they cut it down to one. I absolutely love how they edited The Prayer! It actually looked like both of them were on the stage at the same time. TSMGO was great, but I don't think the ending credits was actually studio version... It sounded like another live performance as she was talking in the middle of it. I loved how she changed the lyrics of My Love inside the car... "My love....we're finally home, you can unbuckle your seatbelt..." lol ... The scene with RC singing We Will Rock You was hilarious. He'll be a star someday! And in DUAM I spotted anoooooother karate kick! The only negatives is....no Think Twice, Alone, Taking Chances...and like someone else said...it didn't go into a ton of depth, although it was very good! SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir-- Yeah I agree. The audio from IDAN and PQTME was all from the same place. The footage they used when playing TPOL was from Dubai, and it was pretty obvious it wasn't live there. The main reason why I think she sang live under the playbacks is because all her timings were the same as the playbacks, so it was as if she had to, as otherwise the audiences in Boston/ Montreal hearing the normal playback would think she's not singing live. Furthermore, she probably had the playback in her earpieces, so she was just singing along. Also, these vocals would be as clear as every other song as they probably recorded from her microphone for every song, so they just have her voice and very little background noise. This is how they so 5.1 surround sound with the centre speaker. They probably recorded the band seperately too. I guess the vocals could have been studio recorded as she'd have to stick to the same timings regardless, but TPOL didn't sound any different to the rest of the live vocals in the film, so for now I'm gonna have faith in Celine and say it was live. I thought The Prayer was fantastic too. They only showed the parts when Celine was keeping still and not being blocked by Andrea's side of the screen, which was very good editing. Quote
m1234 Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:18 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:18 AM Awwww sin the movie ast night apsoutely brilliant well worth the 2 and a half hours to get there and 2 and a half hours to get home he he Celine was fookin awsome !! was buzzin all night after seeing it cant wait now for the dvd not many peeps in the cinema but more than i thought there woud be but not even a poster up saying it was on ! Quote
dlh1 Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM I saw this film in Liverpool last night and it was amazing. Everyone clapped at the end. A thought there were a few pointless parts like the press conferences and sad they didnt include alone or think twice. I was sat near the back of the cinema and the volume was crap. Boooo to ODEON! But the film was great and really emotional. Can't wait for the DVD. Quote
Timster Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM Yeah the Chinese press conference was awful. When that man asked Celine a very political question about the power of China. She did very well to answer it but I don't think it was really necessary for the film. Quote
Claudette Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM (edited) Don't think this video has been posted yet: http://www.movieweb.com/movie/FIoWBoosi3jKru/VIv5xwwEF4kPyE ''The Power of Love'' sounds exactly the same to me... Edited February 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Timster Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM Don't think this video has been posted yet: http://www.movieweb.com/movie/FIoWBoosi3jKru/VIv5xwwEF4kPyE ''The Power of Love'' sounds exactly the same to me... That's weird. That video is definately the playback, but I can assure you it is 100% live in the actaul movie! Quote
Claudette Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM Don't think this video has been posted yet: http://www.movieweb.com/movie/FIoWBoosi3jKru/VIv5xwwEF4kPyE ''The Power of Love'' sounds exactly the same to me... That's weird. That video is definately the playback, but I can assure you it is 100% live in the actaul movie! It is really weird, because the little bit of ''The Powe of Love'' that they showed on Oprah definitely sounded different. Maybe that is footage of the movie before they edited the live versions over the actual audio... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM Defo sounded live to me last night! Quote
stevo Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM Posted February 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM It was live, but who cares? It was amazing!!!! So well produced and we really saw Celine in all her glory and the way she is- the celery moment was hilarious. She's a nutter Quote
andreaB Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM I'm so upset i wont get to see the movie in the cinemas! Cant wait for the DVD! I'll be counting down the days till its released. Quote http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/celine58/celine_dion_34277t.jpgLets Talk About Love Tour - Wembley July 1999Taking Chances Tour - Birmingham 10th May 2008Las Vegas 24th July 2012http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/110/2206/20120724/See+Celine+in+Las+Vegas/ticker.png
Céline's Blues Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM I’m in love with I Got The Music In Me. This is typical carelessness from Céline: She releases absolute ABYSMAL vocal performances of her tour on DVD and CD and a damn 40 sec perfection from some fluff movie that’s going to be forgotten 1 week from now. Wish somebody would tell her that face to face. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
stevo Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM I got the MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSIC IN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Quote
tonybower Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM I saw the film in Liverpool last night. Blown away! I had no idea they were playing it in UK cinemas and certainly not outside London. So, imagine my surprise when I go searching for listings for another film and see Céline advertised! A matter of hours before screening! Céline was stunning throughout the film. Breathtakingly beautiful on and off stage. She is so humble and caring and all the memories of 2008 came flooding back! I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I saw her live... And I can't believe Oprah was at the show in Nice, my last concert! At the risk of starting a debate, some songs were played that sounded live... The Power of Love, My Heart Will Go On at Omaha and even parts of I Drove All Night that I thought were mimed. Anyway, it's not important but maybe she did sing these songs live at verious points especially for the movie or recorded another live version to play over the movie. Either way The Power of Love in particular appeared live apart from the final section. I wonder why so much effort has been made with this movie? As far as I know they didn't show the Vegas equivalent in the UK. Does Céline think it was her last tour? Anyway, the film brought back so many amazing memories and I felt I was right back in the different arenas watching her. Will this movie be released with the tour DVD? It was amazing to see Céline on the big screen and to have her voice in complete surround sound. She looked stunning on screen which illustrates just how much of a true beauty she is, with and without make-up. I lover her!!!!! Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
Skye Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM I am going to see again on Monday in Westfield, London, I think Quote
Claudette Posted February 19, 2010 at 01:20 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 01:20 PM (edited) SA fans: Just spoke to SONY SA again. They are negotiating with ''Nu Metro'' to see if they can get the movie to show for one week before the DVD gets released, which will be on the 3rd of May in SA. The guy said that Nu Metro still hasn't decided yet, but I will keep you guys updated. He said that the plan is basically to show the movie at all ''Nu Metro'' theaters across the country that has HD (or whatever) screens for one week before the DVD gets released as part of the promotion of the DVD. Then on the 3rd of May, you should be able to walk into any ''Musica'' or ''Look and Listen'' and buy both the concert and the documentary. I HATE the fact that we have to wait till May. It is not fair! Edited February 19, 2010 at 01:21 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Shaun Posted February 19, 2010 at 01:53 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 01:53 PM Great to see everyone's reviews. After last night I've decided i'm going to see it again in Edinburgh on Monday night lol. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
ValentinaAlcamo Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:06 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:06 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine ... I can not find the words to describe my happiness . Unfortunately I have not seen the film, because in Italy there is not. I'll have to wait for the DVD ... my meeting with Celine is proof that we must believe in dreams!!! Quote
Timster Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:15 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:15 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine ... I can not find the words to describe my happiness . Unfortunately I have not seen the film, because in Italy there is not. I'll have to wait for the DVD ... my meeting with Celine is proof that we must believe in dreams!!! OMG everyone in the cinema found you HILARIOUS!!! I just cracked up when you were frantically taking your inhaler! :sofunny: Quote
Claudette Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:21 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:21 PM So what did Celine do when she got out her inhaler? Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ValentinaAlcamo Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:21 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:21 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine ... I can not find the words to describe my happiness . Unfortunately I have not seen the film, because in Italy there is not. I'll have to wait for the DVD ... my meeting with Celine is proof that we must believe in dreams!!! OMG everyone in the cinema found you HILARIOUS!!! I just cracked up when you were frantically taking your inhaler! :sofunny: Even my inhaler has become famous You were laughing at the movies, but I seriously risked heartbreak Quote
LcMason Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:22 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:22 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine ... I can not find the words to describe my happiness . Unfortunately I have not seen the film, because in Italy there is not. I'll have to wait for the DVD ... my meeting with Celine is proof that we must believe in dreams!!! I. adore. you. Quote
Shaun Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:25 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:25 PM You're a legend. LOL. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
ValentinaAlcamo Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:26 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:26 PM So what did Celine do when she got out her inhaler? I think that Celine did not see me with the inhaler ... because if she would have seen I think it would run away Quote
Timster Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:30 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:30 PM Yeah Celine was talking to some other people first, that was when she first saw Celine and started hyperventilating!! Quote
ValentinaAlcamo Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:32 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:32 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine ... I can not find the words to describe my happiness . Unfortunately I have not seen the film, because in Italy there is not. I'll have to wait for the DVD ... my meeting with Celine is proof that we must believe in dreams!!! I. adore. you. Thank you so much ....you are kindness Quote
Claudette Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:34 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:34 PM Well, she has seen it now... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
bilinkew Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:34 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:34 PM WOW - saw TTEOTW on Wednesday night in London + thought it was amazing! Celine came across as so genuine and hard working, wish I could perform and travel the world like that! So glad we got to see lots of 'I Got the Music in Me', as was hoping to hear this in the UK - hope this gets recorded in studio for the next english album. Was also superb to see the behind the scenes choreography in Manchester, cringed when Celine had her jaw popped back in place on May 3rd! Can't wait for the DVD now!!x Quote
ValentinaAlcamo Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:35 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 02:35 PM You're a legend. LOL. I say it in Italian .... GRAZIE Quote
neilpharmd Posted February 19, 2010 at 03:37 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 03:37 PM Hello everyone! I'm the crazy Italian girl who is present in the film by Celine . . .Very cool . . . now you'll always have proof that you met with Celine, talked with Celine, & even sung with Celine. Priceless! Quote
riobeard11 Posted February 19, 2010 at 03:55 PM Posted February 19, 2010 at 03:55 PM We should remember that there is a private life that we shouldn't see, i did not need to see where she was sick that just made me want to be sick and hold her hand. I'm pretty sure i said holy crap when they got to her house when she opened the door. Was that the house in Quebec the on on the island? Yup! It was the house on the island...absolutely gorgeous! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.