CynthiaTDL Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM I definately don't know how to draw but I gave it a try since I couldn't sleep to well this night I tried to draw something quick: The "C" and the "D" are made in the font she uses on her site, merchandising, etc... (try to imagine please, I know I didn't a great job) and are approximately 5 centimeters wide (to give the whole statue the necessary strength). (material used: a strong type of steel like titanium) The heart is a nice heart (a bit round, not just plain cut out of a solid block, but really shaped) also made from a kind of steel (titanium) but layered with a fine layer of solid gold to give it a nice beautifull golden shine. The whole thing is standing on a white Carrara marble rock with one side smoothend for engraving some text. Height from bottom to top: approximately 20 to 30 centimeters Like said: don't know how to draw, this was drawn in 2 minutes of time (I actually had drawn 2 statues: one with her initials and one other only using hearts, etc... but that must be redrawn sometime) Wow, I think that looks fantastic! That should be it! Its really different isn't the D more connected to the C and is the same size Quote CynthiaTDL
CynthiaTDL Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:45 AM Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:45 AM So, can we get to $10,000 by Fall 2010? At this rate we can't. We need much more donations to reach that goal. We need to spread the word. yeah, I didn't think so either. I don't think half of the people who regularly visit the forum know about the whole thing actually. But I'm gonna keep on spreading the word for sure. Can we spread the word that Celine is also up for an award in Hong Kong for MHWGO. There is a thread on the topics page. Vote for her Quote CynthiaTDL
Frida Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM Posted April 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM "It was the voice that captured my heart, but it was the person behind the voice that kept it."wow ash.. thats great! hands down, I vote 100% that this should be the first quote on the trophy.. then we can add more about mother, singer, wife, sister.. blah blah.. I just think that sums it all up in all of our eyes and hearts.. "it was the voice that captured our hearts, but it was the person behind the voice that kept them" So do I! on a small and simple "award".. I think it could easy become cluttered and just "too much" As long as it's up to her standard, I'm all for it Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
whineupemily Posted April 6, 2009 at 02:40 AM Posted April 6, 2009 at 02:40 AM "It was the voice that captured my heart, but it was the person behind the voice that kept it."wow ash.. thats great! hands down, I vote 100% that this should be the first quote on the trophy.. then we can add more about mother, singer, wife, sister.. blah blah.. I just think that sums it all up in all of our eyes and hearts.. "it was the voice that captured our hearts, but it was the person behind the voice that kept them" So do I! on a small and simple "award".. I think it could easy become cluttered and just "too much" As long as it's up to her standard, I'm all for it The pictures you gave earlier of the award's were just simply gorgeous looking!Simple but extravagant sounds so :wub: I agree completely with how it could easily turn cluttered I think Celine would more than appreciate anything :wub: Quote
ennostiel Posted April 6, 2009 at 09:50 AM Author Posted April 6, 2009 at 09:50 AM Yeah, I somehow feel that in the end we'll go for one of Frida's propositions. And I won't forget about that quote, I do love it! Anyway, don't worry there will be too much of everything, I'll make sure everything's in order and not too extravagant, it will all be simple but elegant and Celine-ish Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
teresad29 Posted April 6, 2009 at 03:34 PM Posted April 6, 2009 at 03:34 PM I think that everything sounds really good, do you guys need any help with anything to get this done? I am home pretty much all the time so I have time to do whatever it takes to get this accomplished. Teresa Quote
ennostiel Posted April 6, 2009 at 06:06 PM Author Posted April 6, 2009 at 06:06 PM When I figure out exactly what needs to be done, I'll let everyone know how to organize everything and no volunteer will be forgotten Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
teresad29 Posted April 6, 2009 at 06:59 PM Posted April 6, 2009 at 06:59 PM When I figure out exactly what needs to be done, I'll let everyone know how to organize everything and no volunteer will be forgotten Thank you, I think this is a wonderful idea and would love to be a part of it. Teresa Quote
spellbound Posted April 7, 2009 at 06:14 AM Posted April 7, 2009 at 06:14 AM Wow, I just spent the last half hour reading through this thread - I have had to take a small hiatus from this board due to school, but I'm hopefully back for a little bit.This whole idea is fantastic! It really shows how amazing Celine's fans are. I would really love to help in anyway possible, even if all you need is a donation. Just let me know of anything I can do! Quote Let the rain come down and wash away my tearsLet it fill my soul and drown my fearsLet it shatter the walls for a new sunA new day has come......
Scorpian Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:59 AM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:59 AM when i could, i would also help Quote http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/sscorpian/celinedion.png Taking Chances World Tour 14.06.2008: Frankfurt (Germany) *** My YouTube Channel *** *** Last Fm ***
ennostiel Posted April 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM Author Posted April 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM As you probably have read, we have nearly 1.5 a year for all that so I guess everyone will be able to make a contribution, if at least in the form of a donation of which most of the money will go to CF2, and which will 'buy' you a place in the yearbook for Celine (well that's the way I see it now). Today I'm hoping to finally prepare the text of the newsletter and ask Koolan or Bellamy to send it to everyone when I receive all the translations. BTW, any volunteers for the languages that are not covered yet? So far we only have English, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese. Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Bralo20 Posted April 7, 2009 at 02:57 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 02:57 PM BTW, any volunteers for the languages that are not covered yet? So far we only have English, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese. Dutch is also covered Quote ...
Chellbie Posted April 7, 2009 at 04:45 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 04:45 PM look into blurb.com for the yearbook idea.. its a really nice website and can create a beautiful professional book style for not a crazy amount of money.. I can help with this if needed as I already have the program downloaded .. just let me know. only an additional idea Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
CynthiaTDL Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:28 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:28 PM GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! I CALLED CANADA TODAY AND I HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT THE WOMAN I TALKED TO GAVE TO ME, BUT IT IS NOT TO BE PASSED AROUND. I EXPLAINED A LITTLE OF WHAT WE WANT TO DO AND SHE SAID FOR ME TO E-MAIL RENE MYSELF. CELINE DOES NOT GO TO THE OFFICE, SO THERE IS NO CHANCE OF HER SEEING IT. BRIDGETT, THE LADY I SPOKE TOO, KNOWS THAT THIS IS ALL IN THE INFANT STAGE AND THAT IT IS TOTALLY GOING TO BE A SURPRISE FOR CELINE. I WAS TOLD THAT SHE WAS SURE RENE WOULD COOPERATE WITH US. YOU KNOW I WAS THINKING, WOULDN'T BE NICE TO PRESENT RENE WITH A PLAQUE OR SOMETHING. ALL THESE YEARS HE HAS GOTTEN THE DOORS OPEN FOR CELINE TO GET WHERE SHE IS , BUT THE FANS NEVER SEEM TO MENTION HIM. ONLY A THOUGHT. Quote CynthiaTDL
Bralo20 Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:41 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:41 PM (edited) BRIDGETT Brigitte Tessier from Feeling Productions? Edited April 7, 2009 at 08:41 PM by Bralo20 Quote ...
ennostiel Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:42 PM Author Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:42 PM Cynthia this is great! I'll write you a pm, please answer Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
CynthiaTDL Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:47 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:47 PM BRIDGETT Brigitte Tessier from Feeling Productions? I WASN'T TOLD HER LAST NAME. Quote CynthiaTDL
Bralo20 Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:52 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:52 PM (edited) I WASN'T TOLD HER LAST NAME. If you called Feeling Productions then it was her She's nice, sended several mails to here and always got a nice and quick respond (concerning media accreditations). P.S. Can you type without the CAP LOCK? On the internet it's like you are shouting Edited April 7, 2009 at 08:53 PM by Bralo20 Quote ...
ennostiel Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:56 PM Author Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:56 PM Oh BTW Cynthia, I think that the idea of honouring Rene in some way is lovely. We definitely have to think that one over, it would be cool not to leave him empty-handed (holding Celine's awards doesn't count ) Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Bralo20 Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:58 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 08:58 PM Oh BTW Cynthia, I think that the idea of honouring Rene in some way is lovely. We definitely have to think that one over, it would be cool not to leave him empty-handed (holding Celine's awards doesn't count ) A custom plaque isn't indeed maybe a bad idea... It's would indeed not be nice to leave him empty handed. Or maybe a bouquet of flowers? Quote ...
ennostiel Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:07 PM Author Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:07 PM Yeah, a bouquet plus a box of chocolates xD a plaque is a nice idea Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
tahitiCELINEfan Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:17 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:17 PM Count me in! Count me in! So is there a contest open ??? Quote MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:202 concert dates, and counting!A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES AND WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPSMISS YOU CELINE!
SandyCeline Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:24 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:24 PM I do agree with the idea of giving something to Rene as well cause he really deserves to receive something for all his wonderful work Quote Nov 5th, 2021 - Las Vegas / Sept 2022 - Parishttps://www.instagram.com/sandyceliniac
P@ulin@ Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:39 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:39 PM First of all: Bravo for the absolutely great idea! Of course - I'm in! If I may add something: I wouldn't complicate the throphy for Celine too much. It should be something simple and we don't really need to use Celine's initials. It's not going to be "Celine's award". It's an award from fans. I don't have any partucular idea right now, but surely I'll think about that. "It was the voice that captured my heart, but it was the person behind the voice that kept it." - I love it!!!!!!!!!! It's sooooo simple and soooo true! And of course, we should finnally make something for Rene! He deserves it! Fans always forget about him. Quote http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4392/celinebombardiersmallmikp5.jpg
ennostiel Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:39 PM Author Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:39 PM There is no open contest, at least not yet Don't worry about anything people, we're getting closer to the goal day by day! Noone who wants to participate will be forgotten, and the most important decisions will be made together. I'll take care of that. Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
tahitiCELINEfan Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:45 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:45 PM (edited) Here in tahiti I know an artist that makes wonderful artcraft with motherpearls (the tahitian black pearl shell) he can make engraved shells that can be mounted as trophies or put on a plaque (pics 1 to 5)... or he can also engrave pics or symbols that can be mounted as trophies and even lit up(pics 6 to 8). just an idea pic 1 to 5 engraved mother pearls with tahitian symbols...http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/motherpearlengraved.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/motherpearlengraved02.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/motherpearlengraved03.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/motherpearlengraved04.jpg engraved with colored shell incrustations... http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/motherpearlincrustation.jpg or pictures 6 to 8 engraved and can be lit up http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/nacrephoto03.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/nacrephoto01.jpg http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/PROKOP/nacrephoto02.jpg Of course the symbols here are all tahitians, but it can be words or nothing at all we can also engrave celinechannel fans or fans of the world or any other symbols or phrases Edited April 7, 2009 at 09:54 PM by tahitiCELINEfan Quote MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:202 concert dates, and counting!A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES AND WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPSMISS YOU CELINE!
CelineDionFan710 Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:54 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 09:54 PM So what do we have so far???? Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
CynthiaTDL Posted April 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM I WASN'T TOLD HER LAST NAME. If you called Feeling Productions then it was her She's nice, sended several mails to here and always got a nice and quick respond (concerning media accreditations). P.S. Can you type without the CAP LOCK? On the internet it's like you are shouting So Sorry I was doing mileage reports for my husband before I wrote on the forum and didn't notice that it was still on. Quote CynthiaTDL
ZoraSourit Posted April 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM Posted April 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM Haha, yeah I kinda like your idea Bralo, but I'm afraid making a custom statuette like this and made of the materials you proposed would be a bit expensive. However I can make a request about it, it doesn't cost anything and at least we'll know SandyCeline, when I have the text prepared I'll send it to you then to translate So I still need someone to translate into Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Roman, and Thai. Any volunteers? If you know some forum members from those sections, please ask them for help in my name I can translate it to Portuguese, if you want to. Pm me Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
ennostiel Posted April 8, 2009 at 07:00 AM Author Posted April 8, 2009 at 07:00 AM Dutch is also covered Sorry, I forgot I can translate it to Portuguese, if you want to. Pm me Great! I'll contact you later. Some bad news guys... but also some new idea so maybe it won't be that bad. CF2 has made an announcement and they decided not to take part in this issue, so we won't be able to do the fundraising and make a donation on their behalf. However, so many of us including me are so eager to support a good cause on the occasion, so I believe we will fogure something out. After all, we can just use the fundraising that needs to be done anyway to finance the award itself, raise some more money just like we'd planned, and maybe make a donation straightaway to Celine Dion Foundation or the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Celine officially supports it so I think we might hand her the check and she would appreciate that too Well it's just a first thought, I'm waiting for your thoughts and ideas. Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.