Jump to content

A special award for Celine from all of us!


Recommended Posts

Posted
I think it would be a lovely idea, but I don't think we should concentrate to much on it being an award to make up for not getting a Juno. Better to present it as a fans appreciation, with particular attention to our gratitude for the amazing World Tour. I think that would be a great reason for her fans to give her an award.

Also the award would have to be expensive looking, as you say, there are so many of us here that should be possible. I think that by giving people the opportunity to buy their name in a booklet or something to accompany the award we could gather a nice bit of money. Something similar to the book of love some of us in the fan club were able to contribute to a few years back, it could be divided into sections representing the areas/countries she visited and people could have their names listed there. Of course people who did not get to a concert, could still be listed under an area close to them.

Perhaps we could also add fans photo's from the concerts, I don't just mean photo's of Celine on stage, but of some us at the concert, dancing and singing along, showing off our merchandise, posing outside the stadiums/with Celine, that sort of thing.

 

Getting back to the trophy idea, we would need to look into the copyright issue, I don't imagine Celine would accept the award and then sue us! But it would probably still be illegal to use an official image of Celine, I think something in cut glass with an etched design and silhouette like Ennostiel suggested would be good, though a custom piece may be very expensive. Also I'd imagine that we may find it easier and perhaps cheaper to get a trophy created in America, LA or somewhere. They probably make a lot of awards there!. Perhaps people could look at designing something and posting it on the forum, for all to see and a decision could be made from there.

 

Finally, I think if we are going to do this on behalf of celinedionforum.com then the administrators or modifiers would need to agree to officialy endorse this project and probably any money collected should be managed by them, maybe by paypal. Also I think it would be a good idea if a portion of any money raised went into maintaining the forums and that this point should be made in any letter to Feeling, so it's not just the fans helping Celine but also the fans helping the fans. Also any letter should come from someone representing the forum. I don't mean to sound dismissive Ennostiel, this was your post and a really nice idea. But as you said we need it to sound credible and not just coming from a few fans who got together on a message board, as this way it would seem more attractive to Feeling and Rene.

 

Anyway, that's my feeling about it, what do people think?

I love this I idea

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpg

Angel of My World

[/i]

Posted

Those are all good ideas.

 

Maybe we could work on some sort of gift and make a plaque to go with it, instead of a trophy.

If we do the book, it shouldn't just be pics from the world tour because that will exclude some fans who coudln't get to the shows.

 

It would be really great if we could come up with something totally original.

Time to think out of the box !!

Posted (edited)
Oh, there's still time, don't worry that much. Do you have any new idea regarding what it should be?

 

Ashley, you're amazing. Thanks so much for your support, and I wish you could be at the premiere with us!

:hug: I wish I could too, but I know all of the lovely fans who will be there, will represent all of the fans who can't be there very well! ;)

 

As for ideas... :hmm: There's already a "Welcome Back, Céline" book being created. At least I think that project is still happening. :shrug:

 

I am planning on making a fun "Good Luck!" video for Céline & her team. Which reminds me, I better get on the planning of that. :-D

 

This project is to thank Céline. And she has done so much for us, how could we ever possibly give her something big enough to show her our appreciation? Maybe we can get as many fans as possible to name one thing that Céline has helped them achieve or overcome... we can put it in a book, a video, artwork, make a plaque... to tell her why we are better people in big part because of her. I agree with Jane, that we must try to be original. Which is easier said than done, there have been a lot of projects over the years.

 

Brainstorm, people! :thumbsup2:

Edited by ashleylovesceline
Posted

You all have a great idea. :clap:

I wish I could take part in your project.. :wub:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs922.snc4/73590_165568513461072_100000237733148_448778_802415_n.jpg

Posted

Yea, I'm also thinking about a special gift + plaque. I wouldn't want it to be a book, though - there were and will be some more books for Celine, and I think they're wonderful but I want something DIFFERENT.

 

One of my thoughts was - a beautiful, custom-made perfume bottle. Shaped like a beautiful C, or a silhouette of Celine maybe? Just one, unique bottle that could be filled and refilled. We could fill it with one of Celine scents or some other special perfume. And a small plaque could go with it. What do you think?

Ce n'est qu'en te croisant

Que j'ai su, j'ai compris...

 

Elle

Est mon ideal

La plus grande etoile

Et je veux ressembler

A son portrait fidele...

Celine pour toujours. <3

Posted

That's a lovely idea, but I think we should rather make it related to something that is special to Celine, but not actually a C or a silhouette.

Because she once said that it was weird that a fan gave her a picture of herself as a gift, so that is kind of along the same lines.

But if we relate it to, for example, Quebec or her Dad etc. then she will be more touched by it. If we go with perfume, it would have to have Chanel No. 5 in it :D

Posted (edited)
That's a lovely idea, but I think we should rather make it related to something that is special to Celine, but not actually a C or a silhouette.

Because she once said that it was weird that a fan gave her a picture of herself as a gift, so that is kind of along the same lines.

But if we relate it to, for example, Quebec or her Dad etc. then she will be more touched by it. If we go with perfume, it would have to have Chanel No. 5 in it :D

 

 

 

:whistling: :whistling: That silhouette would have to be of Rene, RC or her mom LOL :clap: :clap: :wub:

 

Are we still going with a plaque for Rene? Without him there would probably be no Celine?

Edited by CynthiaTDL
CynthiaTDL
Posted (edited)

Great idea! So what shape would you suggest? I'm glad you love my idea of this perfume bottle, I think it's original and relates to her in many ways. It could be Chanel no. 5, why not. Though I like Chanel Chance a lot more ;)

 

Cynthia, we'll think of something special for Rene too ;)

 

BTW Jane... when Celine was in Krakow, people from the Polish Celine forum gave her a mosaic of fans' photos that created together a picture of Celine (you've probably seen it) and I think she loved it, though it WAS a picture of herself in some way... :giggle:

Edited by ennostiel

Ce n'est qu'en te croisant

Que j'ai su, j'ai compris...

 

Elle

Est mon ideal

La plus grande etoile

Et je veux ressembler

A son portrait fidele...

Celine pour toujours. <3

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

UP :)

 

Do you have any ideas regarding the shape of the perfume bottle? or any alternative idea what our gift might be?

 

I've been really busy recently, but I will soon try to find out if it's possible to create a custom-made perfume bottle and how much it would cost. If you could find out the same in the USA, I would be grateful ;) Maybe there will be price differences.

Ce n'est qu'en te croisant

Que j'ai su, j'ai compris...

 

Elle

Est mon ideal

La plus grande etoile

Et je veux ressembler

A son portrait fidele...

Celine pour toujours. <3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...