celinesounds Posted August 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM Unfortunatley from what i've heard....there will be no new singles from the taking chances album! Its a huge waste I know, as 3 songs in particular had a huge chance of being huge hits, ''fa'' and ''sol'' to name two....Its frustrating and sad, but unfortuntley, thats the way it is...and theres nothing we can do..... but look forward to this album, and as a few others have said, as its a ''greatest hits'' album, it has a great chance of being no.1 in quite a few countries!!! Darren. Unfortunatelly, P!nk will release her album on the same day. I think it will block Celine from being #1 Best time for a Celine's new album is March, ONe Heart and A New Day has come had great chart Quote #FREEJAVITO
Xpresso Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:05 AM Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:05 AM I'm sure they want to release it so people buy it for Christmas (and to increase Sony's 4th Quarter financial results)!! And as always, Celine's CD will be released at the same time as other big artists and will miss the #1 spot!! Déja vu... Why can't they pick a slow week to release it? Because as you know, some people count the number of #1 albums in an artist's career (Mariah, anyone?)... Quote
emi&celine Posted August 23, 2008 at 01:03 PM Posted August 23, 2008 at 01:03 PM I think that the album will be released a right moment 'cause she's touring in North America and this could boost the sales. Moreover, the tour was successfull in Europe, Asia, South Africa and Australia. And you know that people are more likely to buy greatest hits (especially from October to December) because they're more confident in songs they know well. Quote
Shaun Posted August 23, 2008 at 09:46 PM Posted August 23, 2008 at 09:46 PM If "My Love" is such a great song why not use it to promote say, oh I don't know, Celine's CURRENT album "Taking Chances"? Sony's strategy continues to baffle me. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying no to a new album i'm just getting sick of the same old tracks being recycled. I wonder if in 2019 we'll have "Sorry For Love (2019 Version) included on Celine's album that year. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Taking Chances Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM This is what I would like. CD 1: Greatest Hits 01. The Power of Love (Album Version)02. It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Album Version)03. Think Twice04. Because You Loved Me05. A New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)06. All By Myself (Album Version)07. To Love You More08. I Drove All Night (Taking Chances Tour Intro Remix)09. I'm Alive (Taking Chances Tour Remix) “Interval video: "My Heart Will Go On" (remix)”10. I Surrender / If That’s What It Takes11. Taking Chances12. Eyes On Me Remix (Studio version feat Will.I.Am)13. Dance With My Father14. Fade Away (Extended Version) (Perhaps a remix of some kind)15. My Love (New Version 2008)16. My Heart Will Go On CD 2: New Songs 01. I Got The Music In Me (Studio Version)02. Simply The Best (Studio Version)03. It's A Man's Man's Man's World (Studio Version)04. Alone (Extended, and more like Heart's version) 05. Instrumental: New Mego's Flamenco06. Et S'il N'en Restait Qu'une (Je Serais Celle-Là) (English Version)07. Let Me Be Your Soldier08. I Got The Feelin’ (New Studio track)09. 10.11.12.13.14. I Believe In You (Solo English Version)15. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Studio Version)16. The Show Must Go On (Studio Version) Quote
Leanne Posted August 24, 2008 at 01:48 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 01:48 PM 01. "My Love" – 4:08 02. "I Surrender" – 4:47 03. "I'm Alive " – 3:30 04. "I drove all night" – 4:00 05. "Let me love you" – 3:25 06. "Would I know " – 4:17 07. "When The Wrong One Loves You Right" – 3:48 08. "And I still love you" – 3:26 09. "All because of you" – 4:10 10. "A New day has come" – 4:23 11. "We've Loved Each Other Because" – 4:10 12. "The power of the Dream" – 4:40 13. "It's Hard to Say Goodbye" – 4:30 14. "Drop by drop" – 3:14 15. "Taking chances" – 4:07 16. "the happiness to exist" – 4:10 17. "The Cornucopia" – 3:13 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Love...Greatest_Hits Never heard of many of this songs, but I think this would be great. But OK... Don't trust Wikipedia to much, ahha. Quote
emi&celine Posted August 24, 2008 at 01:55 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 01:55 PM If this is gonna être the final tracklist. I won't wait until Christmas to buy it! Although I really love the oldies TPOL, BYLM, IACBTMN, ABM, TLYM, IYA and MHWGO, it's a pleasure not to see these songs on the album. Oh and listening to 'Drop by Drop' has been one of my dreams as a Céline fan for years! Quote
Taking Chances Posted August 24, 2008 at 02:30 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 02:30 PM 01. "My Love" – 4:08 02. "I Surrender" – 4:47 03. "I'm Alive " – 3:30 04. "I drove all night" – 4:00 05. "Let me love you" – 3:25 06. "Would I know " – 4:17 07. "When The Wrong One Loves You Right" – 3:48 08. "And I still love you" – 3:26 09. "All because of you" – 4:10 10. "A New day has come" – 4:23 11. "We've Loved Each Other Because" – 4:10 12. "The power of the Dream" – 4:40 13. "It's Hard to Say Goodbye" – 4:30 14. "Drop by drop" – 3:14 15. "Taking chances" – 4:07 16. "the happiness to exist" – 4:10 17. "The Cornucopia" – 3:13 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Love...Greatest_Hits Never heard of many of this songs, but I think this would be great. But OK... Don't trust Wikipedia to much, ahha. This is most probably just a fan-made tracklist. Quote
kinou1985 Posted August 24, 2008 at 03:13 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 03:13 PM Hi, my track list would be DISC 11. MY HEART WILL GO ON (new recorded or new remix)2. ALONE3. ALL BY MYSELF (spanglish version)4. TAKING CHANCES5. I'M ALIVE (TCWT version studio with mhwgo intro)6. BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME (symphonic version)7. TELL HIM (solo version)8. WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW (2008 version)9. MY LOVE10. THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (new recorded)11. I DROVE ALL NIGHT (ballad version)12. POUR QUE TU M'AIMES ENCORE (frenglish version)13. ET JE T'AIME ENCORE (frenglish version)14. YOU AND I (frenglish version)15. GOODBYE'S THE SADDEST WORD (french version)16. BONUS : 1981-2008 MEDLEY DISC 2KARAOKE DISC (like spice girls greatest hits collectors editions) Quote Visitez ma page spécial Facebook concernant des vidéos rare de Céline
Lymon Posted August 24, 2008 at 03:52 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 03:52 PM (edited) This is the newest "official tracklisting" put on Wikipedia: 1. "My Love" (2008 Version) – 4:08 2. "That's The Way It Is" – 4:00 3. "I'm Alive" (2008 Version) – 2:50 4. "I Drove All Night" – 4:00 5. "A New Day Has Come" (Radio Remix) – 4:19 6. "Because You Loved Me" – 4:33 7. "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" – 5:28 8. "To Love You More" – 4:39 9. "I Surrender" – 4:45 10. "Let Me Be Your Soldier" (Inedit) – 4:23 11. "I'm Your Angel" – 5:20 12. "The Power Of The Dream" – 4:40 13. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" – 4:30 14. "The Power Of Love" – 4:40 15. "Taking Chances" – 4:07 16. "Beauty And The Beast" – 4:02 17. "My Heart Will Go On" – 4:40 18. "If I Can Dream" (Inedit) – 3:10 If this really is the final tracklisting(I always take Wikipedia with a grain of sand, so i'm still gonna wait until the official conformation here), then that's pretty dissapointing. I'd be excited for Let Me Be Your Soldier and the re-recording of My Love, but if the "2008 version" of I'm Alive is just the tour version, that's really dissapointing because I wouldn't even call the tour version a "remix", just a faster tempo. And we've already heard If I Can Dream, so i'm hoping that part is false. I wanna hear new tracks we've never heard before, like Drop by Drop or Run Like A River. This tracklisting is basically All The Way with a couple different songs sprinkled in. I was expecting that part, but the inedits are dissapointing *if* this is the actual tracklisting. Edited August 24, 2008 at 03:53 PM by Lymon Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Taking Chances Posted August 24, 2008 at 04:54 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 04:54 PM I would also love Celine to record "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes. I think it would be perfect for her! Linda Perry has the lead vocals on the original one, but Celine would do a perfect job on this song. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:07 PM Author Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:07 PM The latest tracklist above by ''wikipedia'' for the u.s edition of the album doesn't sound that unrealistic, although i'm not sure about number 10. Darren. Quote
celinesounds Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:17 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:17 PM the ''wikipedia'' was change once more Quote #FREEJAVITO
Bellamy Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:20 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:20 PM Don't you know wikipedia read about the album and tracklist from here? Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:46 PM Author Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:46 PM Yeah I just seen this on their site regarding this album.... '' My Love...Greatest Hits is a greatest hits album by singer Celine Dion. The release date is set for October 27th, 2008. So far what is known is that there will be a re-recording of her song My Love, from her her 2007 album Taking Chances, into the arrangement used on tour that has been very popular among fans. The final tracklisting has yet to be announced, but Dion's most devoted fans were asked by her record company Sony BMG, through a member, on Celine Dion Forum to choose 16 songs from Dion's disography for a greatest hits complilation, and 2 of the songs could be new songs, so it is assumed that the tracklisting will be 14 hits and 2 new songs or it will be similar to All the Way... A Decade of Song with more new songs. '' Source -Wikipedia. Darren. Quote
Lymon Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:49 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:49 PM (edited) I was the one that edited the wikipedia page to add all of that stuff, but I didn't add the tracklisting, just the general info about the album. Edited August 24, 2008 at 06:50 PM by Lymon Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Krys Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:49 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:49 PM who knows it might be somebody from here secretly updating Wikipedia Quote
reamary Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:55 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:55 PM Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying no to a new album i'm just getting sick of the same old tracks being recycled. I wonder if in 2019 we'll have "Sorry For Love (2019 Version) included on Celine's album that year. "A 2019 version!" Good one! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
Lymon Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying no to a new album i'm just getting sick of the same old tracks being recycled. I wonder if in 2019 we'll have "Sorry For Love (2019 Version) included on Celine's album that year. "A 2019 version!" Good one! The sad thing is that, knowing Sony, that's not a far-fetched thought Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM Author Posted August 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM (edited) ahhhh i see lymon...... Edited August 24, 2008 at 07:02 PM by Ire23 Quote
Rossum89 Posted August 24, 2008 at 07:51 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 07:51 PM I would love it if that track list were correct! It's a great one! But it's most likely probably not going to be the final one. Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 24, 2008 at 08:43 PM Author Posted August 24, 2008 at 08:43 PM I would love it if that track list were correct! It's a great one! But it's most likely probably not going to be the final one. It won't be far off!!! Darren. Quote
Leanne Posted August 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM I don't want agáín songs like 'The power of love', 'Because you loved me'', 'My heart will go on', etc.... I would like to see something like All the way.., as the old songs the hits from 2002 till now (I'm Alive, A New Day Has Come, I drove all night, Taking Chances, etc.) and for the rest new songs, for example songs which never released.. Let me be your soldier, drop by drop, My love tour version... Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted August 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM (edited) So the tracklist on Wikipedia is PRETTY close to the real deal is it Darren????? I think it's a good song selection, however I 'd have "Have you ever been in Love" in place of the "The power of the dream" as it was a bigger hit in the US adult contemporary chart, "Map to my heart" in place of "let me be your soilder" AND "The Prayer" only have it as duet with Josh groban!!!!! Edited August 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM by Kyle_Jared Quote
Rossum89 Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:02 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:02 PM I would love it if that track list were correct! It's a great one! But it's most likely probably not going to be the final one. It won't be far off!!! Darren. Darren you have made my night! It's amazing that a Greatest Hits CD may become one of my favorites. I really hope Fade Away and Dance With My Father are ones that are included, at least one of them. I think it's cool when songs that were not hits (concerning radio) are put on Greatest Hits albums. I think its a nod to the fans. Could Sony have actually made us happy with this release? Martina McBride put the song "Strangers" on her Greatest Hits CD, and it wasn't a hit, she called it "her greatest miss." On Faith Hill's Greatest Hits CD, she put a live version of fan favorite "Stronger," it wasn't a single but one of her most loved songs from her fans. It would be nice to see a Celine CD do the same. Darren, when will we have the official tracklist? You said sometime in September correct? I hope Celine does some promo for this. I would like a Larry King appearance, it's been awhile and the Christmas one was only two segments. Okay, I'll stop rambling! Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
Rossum89 Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:02 PM Posted August 24, 2008 at 11:02 PM One more thing If All By Myself is included, I hope it's a live version! Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
Rossum89 Posted August 25, 2008 at 01:05 AM Posted August 25, 2008 at 01:05 AM (edited) This Wikipedia track list I was referring to in my post had songs like "Fade Away," "Dance With My Father," a studio recording of "I've Got The Music I Me," "Eyes On Me" featuring Will I Am. I was not referring to the one posted here, I am not to excited about that one. I want some rarities. I think I might have to order the European version as well, it sounds like it might be better. Edited August 25, 2008 at 01:06 AM by Rossum89 Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
binsk Posted August 25, 2008 at 01:13 AM Posted August 25, 2008 at 01:13 AM I would love it if that track list were correct! It's a great one! But it's most likely probably not going to be the final one. It won't be far off!!! Darren. i'm confused though...out of curiositywhy is I SURRENDER on it?...it never charted or anything or was never released as a singlewhile it's my favorite song...it was never a hit (in music standards) besides being a loveable song Quote -RK
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 25, 2008 at 02:51 AM Posted August 25, 2008 at 02:51 AM Hey Darren, Thank you for doing all of this. Without giving specific songs can you give us an idea as to the percentage of uptempo tracks to ballads? Thanks! - Joe Quote
KimboCosmo Posted August 25, 2008 at 03:28 AM Posted August 25, 2008 at 03:28 AM Great! Can't wait to have it in my collection! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.