LukeD Posted December 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM Posted December 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM (edited) Strange thing is that 'I'm Your Angel' that was a smash hit has fallen into oblivion, while 'The Prayer' that barely had an impact on charts is a much more memorable recording. It's considered an adult contemporary standard and it's been covered tons of times by different vocalists around the world. I'm pretty sure it sold more downloads than 'I'm Your Angel' too. Edited December 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM by LukeD 3 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 26, 2013 at 01:47 PM Posted December 26, 2013 at 01:47 PM Strange thing is that 'I'm Your Angel' that was a smash hit has fallen into oblivion, while 'The Prayer' that barely had an impact on charts is a much more memorable recording. It's considered an adult contemporary standard and it's been covered tons of times by different vocalists around the world. I'm pretty sure it sold more downloads than 'I'm Your Angel' too. True. IYA even charted higher on the AC chart I thinkMaybe because TP is more lyrical and can be both sung as a solo or duo. Celine and Andrea performed it at both Grammies and Iscars in 1999 whereas IYA has never been performed live I think right? And TP was covered by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church so it was introduced to younger generation quite quick. Quote
LukeD Posted December 26, 2013 at 05:18 PM Posted December 26, 2013 at 05:18 PM (edited) True. IYA even charted higher on the AC chart I thinkMaybe because TP is more lyrical and can be both sung as a solo or duo. Celine and Andrea performed it at both Grammies and Iscars in 1999 whereas IYA has never been performed live I think right? And TP was covered by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church so it was introduced to younger generation quite quick.'The Prayer' has been covered over 40 times already! Insane number! 'I'm Your Angel' was performed during some dates of the 'Taking Chances World Tour'. Edited December 26, 2013 at 05:19 PM by LukeD Quote
marc-02 Posted December 26, 2013 at 06:35 PM Posted December 26, 2013 at 06:35 PM (edited) But Mariah's one is still top 50Odd that during the 00s TAST outsold Mariah's whereas now it is really the opposite. And further we go on the more Mariah's becomes a classic with the hit single all I want whereas Celine's forgotten. I believe that again there is a lack of promotion and that during the years there is no album out, sony and Celine should promote TAST during Xmas period si that it stays relevant. Well if we're going to be technical here... The Prayer and Im Your Angel are considered Xmas songs because they came from a xmas album. (Although yes i know, the songs themes are not directly xmas related)... So if you imagine, even mariah's all i want didnt hit #1... celine meanwhile has a #1 song from her xmas album (which is IYA)... and The Prayer perhaps has been covered more than all I want for xmas... besides, all i want for xmas only gets popularbduring the holidays... whereas the prayer is a consistent favorite all year round... So i guess whenever people here say/wish that "i hope TAST produced a hit like AIWFCIY by mariah"... they should be reminded of The Prayer and Im Your Angel... And regarding sales... currently tast is only behind mariah's by 100k... and to think mariah's album had a full four-year advantage over celine... so i think if we're going to compare tast sales today to mc's merry xmas, it should be "merry xmas" sales from four years ago or 2009... Edited December 26, 2013 at 06:45 PM by marc-02 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM Posted December 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM (edited) Well if we're going to be technical here... The Prayer and Im Your Angel are considered Xmas songs because they came from a xmas album. (Although yes i know, the songs themes are not directly xmas related)... So if you imagine, even mariah's all i want didnt hit #1... celine meanwhile has a #1 song from her xmas album (which is IYA)... and The Prayer perhaps has been covered more than all I want for xmas... besides, all i want for xmas only gets popularbduring the holidays... whereas the prayer is a consistent favorite all year round... So i guess whenever people here say/wish that "i hope TAST produced a hit like AIWFCIY by mariah"... they should be reminded of The Prayer and Im Your Angel... And regarding sales... currently tast is only behind mariah's by 100k... and to think mariah's album had a full four-year advantage over celine... so i think if we're going to compare tast sales today to mc's merry xmas, it should be "merry xmas" sales from four years ago or 2009... Well as much as I love Celine and especially TP (I even went to see the cartoon during summer 1998 to hear her solo version... We were maybe 10 in the whole cinema lol) which I consider a classic, I have to disagree: AIWFCIY is now a real Xmas classic song, which neither IYA (completely forgotten besides Celine fans) nor TP are (TP is an AC classic and a idol/voice etc favorite though which I agree is countless times covered but not considered as a big Celine big hit). Just look at the charts worldwide: Mariah's single is top 20 in most charts now : Italy, UK, Spain, Australia etc and years after years it comes back for a couple of weeks. It is a monster Xmas hit. I even think it will become her signature song after all, even though it did not reach #1 in any market. This season it became her first million seller in the UK (she even achieved #7 on the radio chart in the UK) At this rate it may passes on Think Twice in a couple of years : this season she may sell 70/75 of this song. Think Twice stands at 1.3 million, so this rate and even if TT slightly increases, All I want should overtake TT in 4/5 years. Frankly I would never have thought so 10 years ago. That's the power of digital market. Same in the US. And Mariah's album peaked at 48 this season (49 last year) whereas TAST was much lower : below 150 right? So the gap widens quickly those last coupes of years whereas in the 00s they were charting very closely. So Mariah might be struggling to have another pop hit, but we cannot deny she is the Xmas Queen - even if personally I definitely prefer Celine album, which is much better produced and has a lavish classic tone, but it lacks this hit Xmas song that everyone remembers... yet... as every season is an opportunity to launch a new single... If Sony wants too lol Edited December 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM by Critiaslux 3 Quote
LukeD Posted December 27, 2013 at 03:18 PM Posted December 27, 2013 at 03:18 PM I am listening to 'Happy Christmas (War Is Over)', Celine sounds amazing, the lyrics are touching and John Lennon is a genius! 4 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 27, 2013 at 03:25 PM Posted December 27, 2013 at 03:25 PM On what it seems to be its last week on The Billboard 200 for 2013, the album drops to 196. Until next year... 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 27, 2013 at 05:36 PM Posted December 27, 2013 at 05:36 PM I am listening to 'Happy Christmas (War Is Over)', Celine sounds amazing, the lyrics are touching and John Lennon is a genius! My fave track of the album so classy, so beautiful. And the voice. Ethereal With another year has gone by, blue Christmas and TP 2 Quote
LukeD Posted December 27, 2013 at 06:11 PM Posted December 27, 2013 at 06:11 PM (edited) My fave track of the album so classy, so beautiful. And the voice. EtherealWith another year has gone by, blue Christmas and TPΤhe songs that make me emotional to the point of shedding a tear are: 'Happy Christmas (War Is Over)', 'Another Year Has Gone By' and 'Ave Maria'. Edited December 27, 2013 at 06:11 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Del Posted December 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM Posted December 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM Τhe songs that make me emotional to the point of shedding a tear are: 'Happy Christmas (War Is Over)', 'Another Year Has Gone By' and 'Ave Maria'. I never liked the way she pronounced Maria when she sings Ave Maria. That being said Happy Christmas and Another Year Has Gone By are 2 of my favorites from the album. 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Javito Posted December 28, 2013 at 08:16 AM Posted December 28, 2013 at 08:16 AM I never liked the way she pronounced Maria when she sings Ave Maria. That being said Happy Christmas and Another Year Has Gone By are 2 of my favorites from the album. She pronounces it wrong. She uses a strong "R", when its a weak one Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
amelie Posted December 28, 2013 at 08:54 AM Posted December 28, 2013 at 08:54 AM She pronounces it wrong. She uses a strong "R", when its a weak one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPvAQxZsgpQ (german) 1 Quote
zuv Posted November 10, 2014 at 09:42 PM Posted November 10, 2014 at 09:42 PM (edited) 4 more days before I transfer one of my favorite celine album back into my iPod can't wait!! Every year around this time though i'm disappointed she stil hasn't released a new christmas album. All major singers have followed up their first xmas album with a second one. I don't get it, because her managment team is such a bunch money makers, don't they know that a christmas album is timeless and ALWAYS relevant?!? Well for at least 2 months, every year!! Edited November 10, 2014 at 09:43 PM by zuv 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted November 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM Posted November 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM 4 more days before I transfer one of my favorite celine album back into my iPod can't wait!! Every year around this time though i'm disappointed she stil hasn't released a new christmas album. All major singers have followed up their first xmas album with a second one. I don't get it, because her managment team is such a bunch money makers, don't they know that a christmas album is timeless and ALWAYS relevant?!? Well for at least 2 months, every year!! I think a new Christmas album would be the best kind for her next English album. It could be released next year and include other holiday favorites not included on "These Are Special Times." Some of these could be:"Silent Night""Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas""Joy To The World""Silver Bells""O Christmas Tree" (from the Walgreens commercial) She could team up with Diane Warren, Maria Christensen and David Foster again to create a few new tracks as well. Plus, a special "Target Edition" could be created in which "I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)" is included as a bonus track. Quote
Jessyka Posted November 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM Is it time to start listening to TAST again? Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
CelineDionFreak Posted November 11, 2014 at 01:00 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 01:00 AM Is it time to start listening to TAST again? Yep!! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
chocolatechip15 Posted November 11, 2014 at 01:38 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 01:38 AM Is it time to start listening to TAST again? Well, another year has gone by . . . 2 Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:02 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:02 AM Is it time to start listening to TAST again? I started listening to it last month already... So eager for Christmas this year! 1 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
SuperLove4Celine Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:08 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:08 AM Is it time to start listening to TAST again? I love me some "Christmas Eve"! I can't wait to listen to that again! In fact, I think I will do so right now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBRVyCfAqA 2 Quote
TiagoFragoso05 Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:24 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:24 AM I was reading the whole topic and kinda funny some wishes at the very beginning lol im very happy that they released this cbs special on dvd, the quality is good, sound as well. i love this album and the tv special <3 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
isurrender Posted November 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM TAST chart run on the BB Holiday albums chart goes on doing amazingly! Very good start this years for its sales... This week, it's #10 which means... 1)+1 and back in the top 102) The oldest album of the top 10 ( there are 6 new releases) : 187 weeks on the chart No Carey, no Blige, no Clarkson, no Il divo, no Bocelli... 4 Quote
Jessyka Posted November 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM Posted November 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM I want to buy another TAST but I can't find it anywhere. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Davey84 Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:14 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:14 PM I want to buy another TAST but I can't find it anywhere. http://www.grooves-inc.com/celine-dion-these-are-special-times-col-cd-album-pZZa1-687994320.html free world wide shipping, I believe! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
zuv Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:27 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 02:27 PM I think a new Christmas album would be the best kind for her next English album. It could be released next year and include other holiday favorites not included on "These Are Special Times." Some of these could be:"Silent Night""Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas""Joy To The World""Silver Bells""O Christmas Tree" (from the Walgreens commercial)[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojjYPXyDvo8[/media] She could team up with Diane Warren, Maria Christensen and David Foster again to create a few new tracks as well. Plus, a special "Target Edition" could be created in which "I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)" is included as a bonus track. I was going to like your post, but then your last sentence about adding "I met an Angel" turned me off completely loll So glad that song never made the cut in the album, it doesnt fit, and to me its probably the only Celine's song that annoyes me (maybe "one heart" too). I think her second xmas album, if she ever releases one, should be a really classic one: timeless and heartwarming like the first one. An album that we could blend in with the first.. So instead of having just 1 hour and 10 min of xmas celine we would have 2 hours and 20 min of pure xmas Celine! 1 Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted November 11, 2014 at 04:49 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 04:49 PM I was going to like your post, but then your last sentence about adding "I met an Angel" turned me off completely loll So glad that song never made the cut in the album, it doesnt fit, and to me its probably the only Celine's song that annoyes me (maybe "one heart" too). I think her second xmas album, if she ever releases one, should be a really classic one: timeless and heartwarming like the first one. An album that we could blend in with the first.. So instead of having just 1 hour and 10 min of xmas celine we would have 2 hours and 20 min of pure xmas Celine! Don't forget about the two early French Christmas albums! 1 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Jessyka Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:34 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 05:34 PM http://www.grooves-i...-687994320.html free world wide shipping, I believe! Thanks! 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
SuperLove4Celine Posted November 11, 2014 at 07:24 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 07:24 PM I was going to like your post, but then your last sentence about adding "I met an Angel" turned me off completely loll So glad that song never made the cut in the album, it doesnt fit, and to me its probably the only Celine's song that annoyes me (maybe "one heart" too). I think her second xmas album, if she ever releases one, should be a really classic one: timeless and heartwarming like the first one. An album that we could blend in with the first.. So instead of having just 1 hour and 10 min of xmas celine we would have 2 hours and 20 min of pure xmas Celine! Then you would bypass the "Target Edition" and simply buy the "standard version" at other outlets. It's really quite that simple. 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:39 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:39 PM http://m.billboard.com/charts/holiday-albums#!/entry/view/id/105931 TAST reenters the Billboard Holiday Chart top 10! 6 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Shaun Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:48 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:48 PM http://m.billboard.c.../view/id/105931 TAST reenters the Billboard Holiday Chart top 10! Brilliant news! Crazy to think this album has been on the Billboard chart for a total of 3.5 years since it's release in 1998! Not bad for a Christmas album! 3 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Davey84 Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:57 PM Posted November 11, 2014 at 09:57 PM Brilliant news! Crazy to think this album has been on the Billboard chart for a total of 3.5 years since it's release in 1998! Not bad for a Christmas album!Phenomenal! And Mariahs album is nowhere to be seen... so I wonder when TAST will outsell hers! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.